Start by marking “The Madam” as Want to Read:
The Madam

The Madam

Women always uncover the truth . . .

Three years and eleven months. That's how long Lizzie Wells has been banged up inside Holloway prison, serving time for a crime she didn’t commit.

Six months. That's how long it’s taken Lizzie to fall in love with her fellow inmate, Scar.

ebook
Published April 22nd 2016 by Avon

Paul
Jun 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: crime-thrillers
The Madam – A Gutsy Heroine

Lizzie Wells has just served three years and eleven months for the manslaughter of man she states that she is innocent, even if she did plead guilty in court. She has been banged up in Holloway prison gaining the infamous prison tan of grey, but at the same time finding love with Donna, better known as Scar.

In her final year inside the news that every prisoner dreads is the death of a loved one and even more so when it is her young son. She knows that for justice for h
Col
Mar 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: r, 2017
Synopsis/blurb….

Women always uncover the truth....

Three years and 11 months. That's how long Lizzie Wells has been banged up inside Holloway prison, serving time for a crime she didn't commit. Six months. That's how long it's taken Lizzie to fall in love with her fellow inmate, Scar.

Now they are both finally free, and together they are about to embark on a vengeful search to find those who framed Lizzie...and to make them pay.

The Business Man. The Copper. The Madam.

An enjoyable fast-paced read w
Bookread2day
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm so behind with my reviews. What made me want to read on was the first few lines of the prologue.
Southampton 2011. I was naked and covered in someone else's blood. It was smeared across my flesh and dripping from the tips of my fingers onto the carpet.
Three years and eleven months. long Lizzie Wells has been inside Holloway prison, she's serving time for a crime she didn't commit. This is one crime story that held my attention.
Book Addict Shaun
I couldn't wait to read The Madam because I love gangland thrillers and when a new author comes along it's very exciting (despite the fact I stupidly thought at first that this was written by another gangland author under a pseudonym, one who has vanished from the book world). I went into the book with high hopes and whilst on the whole it was an enjoyable read in places, it did fall flat for me in some parts and wasn't gritty enough for me when compared with other books in the genre. The story ...more
Theweebarrell
Jun 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to netgalley for letting me read this in exchange for an honest review

loved this book from the beginning to the end, it was a good story line that had me hooked and wanting more with every page turned. highly recommend this and look forward to the next book by Jaime Raven
May 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
The Madam is very much a story of revenge and seeking justice.

Lizzie has wrongfully been imprisoned for the death of one of her clients and as she had no way of proving her innocence she admits to manslaughter so her time in prison will be a shorter one. Unfortunately nearly four years when you have a child feels like forever, especially when tragedy happens.

Lizzie’s time in prison is made slightly easier when she falls for her cell mate, Scar. I have to say I really liked Scar. She is a good in
Jo Barton
Jul 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
I found The Madam all quite believable and even though there were times when I wanted Lizzie to slow down and think a little more carefully, I think part of the excitement, for me, came from never knowing what she was going to do next. Scar is the perfect calm counterfoil to Lizzie's impetuousness and together they make the prefect couple.
The plot develops really quickly and it’s very easy to go along with the story as it unfolds. Both Lizzie and Scar are exciting characters; they each have thei
Natazzz
Nov 23, 2016 rated it did not like it
This book was so bad, I don't even know where to start. It's a bad imitation of a crime novel, the main character is so very unlikable, the plot is thin and the story is resolved way too convienently. What a waste of time.
Lainy

Source - Book shop

Blurb from Goodreads

Nottk
Jan 26, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not a very imaginative book. The old story of someone imprisoned falsely who sets out to take her revenge on the Mr Big who set her up. In real life she would probably have wound up in the bottom of a canal before the end of the second chapter. Of course it all ends good in the end and they all live happily ever after. I was less than halfway through reading the book and almost decided not to finish it but persevered. Now I wish I had decided not to. The characters especially the heroine deserve ...more
Val Waring
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
To be honest this had sat on a bookshelf for an age. I really wasn’t sure at all.

Early indications said the writing wasn’t the best but something kept me interested.

The writing style is not the most accomplished but the plot is fast moving and if a tad unbelievable in places it definitely keeps your attention.

If you’re a fan of Martina Cole and the like you’ll probably enjoy this one
Kerry
Sep 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Madam is another review copy which has been on my list for a long time. My apologies to Jaime Raven for the delay in reading, but it has definitely been worth the wait for me.
Lizzie Wells has served a jail sentence for a crime she hasn't committed. She was framed and once she is released she is determined to prove her innocence and to make those responsible for setting her up pay.
Lizzie is a likeable character. I can't even begin to imagine how devastating it must be to be convicted of a cr
KeenReader
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
This was a fast moving thriller and I enjoyed that. Unfortunately I can't rate it at more than OK because the heroine kept doing things that seemed really, really stupid (and dangerous). They also seemed a bit pointless in terms of what she was trying to achieve, but maybe I was just missing something.
Coyney
Feb 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Didn’t enjoy this book as much as her others
Yvonne Simcox
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another brilliant book ..loved it
Connie Hamby
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An ok book

I rread this book and to me it wasn't that good but if you w these kind of books you might like it
Angela
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
An enjoyable read. If you like authors such as Martina Cole then this is for you.
Linda
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another fast paced page turner with twists and turns, this is the second book I have read by this author, the first being just as good.
David Morgan
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read and great author

What a wonderful book to read and with plenty of twists and turns and will be definitely going to be reading more from this talented author
🔮⚡️Voracious
May 02, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle, netgalley
My sincere thanks to NetGalley, Harper Collins UK (Avon) and Jaime Raven for an advanced review copy of 'The Madam' in exchange for an honest review.

Women always uncover the truth . . .
Now they are both finally free and, together, they are about to embark on a
Emma
Jun 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
A big thanks to Mr Raven for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Please see a full version of this review on my blog! (link in bio)

As the blurb suggests, Lizzie gets banged up for something she doesn’t do. We join Lizzie as she is nearing the end of her four year sentence, when she is in a relationship with her cellmate, Scar. They both leave the prison at similar times and make it their job to find out who framed Lizzie.

It was refreshing to read a book with le
Marina
May 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Copy provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Today is my stop of the blog tour of The Madam by Jaime Raven and must say it is my pleasure to review this book. It is the first book that comes from the writing pen of this author, and I hope it won't be the last. He has created a real female vigilante, a character that had to grow up and fight for herself too early in life.

Lizzie has spent last four years in prison for a murder she claims she never committed. She us
Abbie
May 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: july-2016
As the saying goes ‘hell hath no fury like a woman scorned’, and Lizzie Wells has certainly been scorned! Imprisoned for almost four years for a murder she didn’t commit, Lizzie is determined to seek revenge on those responsible for her incarceration.

Admittedly, I was not keen on the cover of this book and would have been slightly put off reading it, however, I really enjoyed it and it goes to show that I should not judge a book by it’s cover! Gripped from the very start, I devoured The Madam wi
Best Crime Books & More
The cover reminds me of Jacqui Rose style of books so I was looking forward to giving a new author a try, however for some reason there were parts of this book that I just couldn't get along with. That said, the writing flowed well and it was certainly an 'easy read'. Lizzie Wells has been banged up in Holloway and has served time for a crime she didn't commit. When she is released she is determined to find out who stitched her up and why. With the help of her ex-cellmate and now lover 'Scar' th ...more
Samantha
May 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Lizzie a prostitute is wrongfully convicted of murdering one of her clients, in order to secure a shorter sentence she pleads guilty and serves three years and eleven months in Holloway prison. While inside serving time she shares a cell with Scar and six months later they are an item, Lizzie having fallen in love with this damaged woman.

Driven by the thought of freedom and proving Lizzie's innocence once they are free they embark on a search to find who framed her and why where Lizzie is determ
Dee-Cee  It's all about the books
Jul 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-author
First of all I would like to say a huge thank you to the author for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. As always when I’m asked to read a book I feel a bit nervous, what if I don’t like it? how do I tell the author their book wasn’t for me? I really needn’t have worried where The Madam was concerned, from page one I was hooked and read it in a day.

As the description says Lizzie has been jailed for a crime she didn’t commit and we join Lizzie and her cell mate/lover Scar near t
Melanie Hodges
May 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Not at all what I expected, but this is a good thing. I think from the title I expected this to be a little along the lines of Martina Cole type but Jaime Raven has very cleverly managed to mix in a bit of everything into The Madam.

Lizzie Wells was wrongly convicted of a brutal murder after being set up by various crooked people and having spent the last 4 years in prison is looking for the truth when she is finally released. The only problem is that the men behind the actual murder don't want
Zoe
Apr 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Women always uncover the truth . . .

Now they are both finally free and, together, they are about to embark on a vengeful search to find those who framed Lizzie . . . and to make them pay

I was lucky to receive this book from netgalley.
The story of a Lizzie who was
Megalion
I stuck with it for the first quarter of the book. Never hooked my interest so I called it at that point.

It's not a bad book. Others may enjoy it. The premise is a bit different than your average. A mother turned prostitute to support her family is framed for murder. Does time. falls in love with a woman while in prison. Gets out and immediately starts trying to find out who framed her. Not your average amateur sleuth book at all.

I felt that if I continued... it'd be on the poor side of a 3 for
Susan Angela Wallace
May 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received this as an arc from net galley in exchange for an honest review.
Women always uncover the truth........... Three years and Eleven months that's how long Lizzie Wells been banged up inside Holloway prison, serving time for a crime she didn't commit. Wow.
Absolutely fantastic read.
CNPID.
I loved the story and the characters.
I loved Lizzie.
She was my favourite character.
She was one determined woman.
And I didn't blame her after what she has been through. I was trying to figure out wh

• Black Karma: A White Ginger Novel
  • The Red Right Hand
  • Honor Kills (Angelina Bonaparte Mysteries, #3)
  • The Passing of the Night: My Seven Years as a Prisoner of the North Vietnamese
  • The Devil's Right Hand (Jack Keller #1)
  • A Gangster's Grip (The Riverhill Trilogy #2)
  • AVENGED
  • Reckless Traveler
  • Afraid
  • Four Days
  • The Wronged (The Butlers #3)
  • Black Widow (Annie Carter, #2)
  • Written in the Scars (The Estate #4)