Start by marking “Not the Hot Chick: Complete Boxed Set” as Want to Read:
Not the Hot Chick: Complete Boxed Set

Not the Hot Chick: Complete Boxed Set

3.86  ·  Rating details ·  49 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Includes Not the Hot Chick, Not the Stand In, Not the Friend with Benefits and Not the Placeholder

No one would call curvy Layla Messner hot. Sweet and smart, yes, but not hot. All that changes when she meets sexy bartender Cam. This bundle contains all four of parts of the Not the Hot Chick serial featuring a BBW heroine with heart and a hero with plenty of substance benea
Published April 26th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Not the Hot Chick, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Not the Hot Chick

The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Not being the hot chick was the norm for Layla. But this time around she found out a few things like being the hot chick for he moment could be good but then you still are who you are. Layla's relationship with Cam, hot bartender guy was complex and interesting. With each new piece added to the series she fell back in to being the stand in, literally. She had to take a stand. Cam was helping her figure out her but it took her four installments to realize she had to have more than an occasional h ...more
Edmund Davis-Quinn
Oct 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Cute little story, but definitely one story. I'm not sure why it's called a "box set." Basically, it's alright.
Rebecca Gorman
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Liked more than I thought

I was glad for her to stand up for herself and not let herself be "second choice" . She should be the one her mate wants more than anyone.
Liz Gavin
Sep 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: blog-tous
4**** A very good boxset that reads as a whole novella.

**I received a copy of this box set in exchange for an honest review**

I had mixed feelings about this collection of short-stories as I read them and even after I finished them. I liked them, that’s why I rated it a four-star read; however, there were a few things that bothered me.
As a writer of erotic short-stories and novels, I’m all too familiar with the importance of timing for sex scenes to work well for the audience. Don’t get me wron
Naturalbri (Bri Wignall)
Sep 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really loved this series of novellas. It is a great series, where the average lady gets the guy, and there isn't a question of how thin or how perfect she is by daily standards. Instead, we are surrounded with people who are real, have real problems and lives that are relatable.

I found the pace to be brilliant. With the books being novellas, I often find that they can move either too fast and you get nothing in the story, or too slow and you never actually get started. I felt that each book w
Ana
Aug 24, 2016 rated it liked it

*This ARC was given to me in exchange for an honest review.*

I enjoyed reading this collection of novellas. It caught me from the beginning and I didn't stop until I finished. It's a quick read without OT angst and drama. Whatever struggles the h has is solved with some thought and ponderation. How refreshing!

I liked the characters: Layla is a smart young woman, with some insecurities about her body but she doesn't suffer from low self esteem and Cam is a hot bartender that sees Layla as a person
Cheryl Whitty
Sep 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
A delightful romance, and a very easy read.
I think most of us can identify with Layla Messner,
playing the wingman with our slimmer more attractive friends.
Again most of us have insecurities about our female assets.
I think some of us have known a Jessi character in one form or another.
Okay not quite that bad, but you get the picture.
Cam was delightful and hot, and I want one!
If you want a fun read with hot book boyfriend this is for you.
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest r
Tricia Bartley (iScream Books)
Sep 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Layla knew she had nothing to be ashamed of in her breast department. If anything she'd been generously blessed. The problem was, she was a little too blessed in other areas as well. "Curvy" would be a kind description. "Chubby" might be more to the point."

This series was a fun series to read. It's the chubby girl gets the hot boy kind of book and boy was this book full of hot, steamy sex scenes.

Layla was invited to go to the bar one evening by the "hot chick" Jessi, that lived in the same apar
Dee Price
When Layla accompanies her neighbor Jessi to a local bar, she doesn't expect sexy bartender Cam to give her a second look. After all, She's not the hot chick and all heads turn when Jessi walks in the building. But, when fate intervenes and Layla is given a shot with Cam, she takes it. Cam and Layla move into the friend zone, even though she wants more but she is afraid to get hurt. As their friendship develops Layla struggles to figure out where she really fits into Cam's life. Is she a stand-i ...more
Susan
May 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this set. It is a story of Cam, the sexy bartender, who starts seeing Layla, who is a woman with curves in lots of places, but it is so much more than that. It is also a story of developing confidence in one's self. I do not want to give out spoilers, but I loved when Layla deletes her contact information from Cam's phone and tells him not to call her until he gets his s*** together. I received this book from the author in return for an honest review, and I loved it. You will ne ...more
Jiyoung
Aug 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, like-it
It was really pleasant read!
I liked characters' tendency to act and think cautiously. Both hero & heroine. They didn't overreact, didn't confuse each other. They were aware of their relationship and their place.
Also their hidden supports to build self-esteem toward each other were very admirable.
Writing was simple. The narrative in 3rd person and proper depth of each characters' emotions were the reason I finished this one in 2 hours without too much deep angst struggle, and I really like th
Devan Harris timmons
Such an interesting story. Let's you into the mind of a BBW. Let's you get to know here on a very personal level. You get to know her insecurities and the limitations she thinks she has. And one man can prove her all wrong. Layla is a sweet 1st grade school teacher who meets the hot bodied Cam. She wants to have a piece of him so badly she can almost taste it. You'll have to read to find out if she succeeds.
Catherine
Jul 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read! Absolutely loved this series! Couldn't get enough of Cam and Layla, they are completely adorable! I like how the author gave you little bits told from Cam's point of view so you'd know what's going on with him as well. Definitely going to get more from this author in the future. Review copy provided via Reading Alley in exchange for an honest review.
Joan Gallo
This book was cute. Not really my cup of tea. It was Written well but to me was kind of predictable. It felt like it was just being dragged out just to complete a book. It had very few things that made me laugh when I thought it was going to be some what comical but it wasn't. I was given this book for free for my honest review. Sorry I didn't love it
Amber - TBR Book Blog
Sep 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Layla isn't the type of girl that attracts male attention, especially not when her neighbor Jessi is ferociously on the prowl. Jessi takes Layla into the bar Cam works at intending to hook up with him. But best intentions go awry and Layla ends up hooking up with Cam. Which starts this whole, hook up, friends with benefits, just friends thing they have going on.
Shavonya
Dec 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Satisfying

This was a good quick read. Good pacing, believable plot, and relatable characters. It was good to read a plus size heroine that didn't hate her body, or bemoan it every other sentence.
Tiffany
Dec 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Overall well written but a bit on the predictable side, particularly by the fourth book (Not the Placeholder). Nevertheless, the sex scenes are quite hot and N. Raines does a great job of developing both the love plot and the self-esteem/self-worth plot. Definitely worth a read.
Kassandra
Jul 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Interesting flow to the series. Great quick reads. Unconventional friends with but without benefits story. I was given an arc in exchange for an honest review. I would like to have some more character development, but the storyline is there and some important issues are brought up.
Marylee
Aug 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this serious & read it in a day. The characters seemed like real life people in a real "dating" situation. I also enjoyed this book because it is something I can relate to. Good read for any ladies needing a little confidence boost.
Patricia Wonderland
a little too short, too fast, some scenes missing... But easy to read, addictive. A beautiful story with beautiful characters, it's totally easy to understand Layla and totally easy to fall for Cam!
Trenna Harris
Jun 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awww

What a sweet story!! Poor Layla, I know how she felt. And Cam I could kick his butt for waiting so long. Very cute story and quick read for a lazy day.
Lindsay Crook
Jun 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A happy feel read that takes Layla from shy next door type to curvy confident woman with the help of sexy barman Cam.Sexy,sweet and well worth reading.
Julia Gerard