Start by marking “You Can Do It: Health, wellness, and healthy living for those who have tried everything else” as Want to Read:

(Big Girls)

From New York Times bestselling author Jasinda Wilder comes YOU CAN DO IT, a straightforward guide to lifelong health and wellness. No gimmicks, no counting, no measuring, just practical advice on how to eat better, get moving, and live well, delivered with refreshing honesty and humor.

Do you want to start a journey to health and strength, but are afraid of failing yet an
Published May 10th 2016 (first published May 9th 2016)

Christy
Apr 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Inspiring. Jasinda's story is truly inspiring. This program she has put together is easy to follow and the book is a fun, easy and informative read.

For once, I'm kind of excited to start a new diet/exercise program. It's hard to truly review this book since I've only read it, and I've yet to participate, but what I read was 5-star material.

I may come back after I do the 8-week challenge myself and give it a proper review!
Vanessa
Apr 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Update on 1/5/17 -- As of today, I have lost 40 pounds on this program and almost 10 inches off my waist. But the best part is, that this is the ONLY thing I have ever done where I don't feel deprived and I'm never hungry. And all of my lab values at the doctor are within normal ranges. My doctor has told me to keep up whatever it is I'm doing. This program WORKS people. ;))

Update on 7/25/16 -- So, I completed her eight-week-challenge and since beginning this plan, I have lost 8.3 pounds. I r
Katy Loves Romance ❤️
May 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Here's a story for you.. I have three little girls and a husband I LOVE more than this world. Yet I put around 5 stone on, I've lost some and then with the struggle of balancing life, work, blogging, home, and three children under 8 my weight has been a battle...

THAT IS UNTILL NOW

Jasinda's book is inspiring, I've watched her shrink before my eyes on Facebook and now read her story.. I got the couch to 5k app and I'm learning to run!! I'm starting her challenge next week... The sugar has left/>THAT
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
3.5 ★'s

To be honest, I only read this book because it was free but that didn't mean I wasn't interested in it. It's just hard to read another fitness book, ya know? It feels like if you've read one, you've read them all. But knowing it's written by a romance author kind of sucked me in and well, we've all pretty much seen her progress so you can't help but be curious.

She starts us off with her history and it was hard to read what she's been through and had to go through her whole life. I did like fin
Corinne Michaels
May 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I've been following the plan for the last few weeks. It's been truly inspiring and easy to follow.
My face is thinner, my body feels stronger, and so much more energy.

There isn't a single thing in this plan that you can't follow.

I enjoyed reading Jasinda's story, it felt like talking to a friend. I'm hopeful that others will give this a try and see how much better we can live.
Whitney
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I bet you all were surprised to see this show up on my read shelf, huh? I can just imagine you all being like, "Whitney, that's not a romance novel!" Trust me when I say that I am just as shocked as you are. I actually have a funny story on how I even came across this book. Let me explain -

I was browsing my recommendations on my Kindle one night. Yes I know that my TBR is already overflowing, but I can't help it. I have a problem. I'm not sure exactly what I was looking for but I wasn't expecting this to show up
Brandi Money
Apr 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
YAAAASS! Here it is! The book I swear by. It's brilliantly crafted, raw, and undoubtedly the best "health" book I have ever read! I laughed, I cried, ate chocolate, drank wine, and laughed and cried some more. I have never before felt more empowered, more beautiful, more proud to be a woman. Jasinda taught me to not only love myself but to love my body and to love it enough to fuel it for life, for living. And although I have a ways to go I finally see a light at the end of the tunnel, a stronge ...more
Wendy Kupinewicz
Apr 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
We never know what we are capable of accomplishing until we first set out to try. True, not every thing is for everyone. But this book, this program, this author. It is a perfect storm for me. I felt the pain she felt, I laughed and cried; and yeah, I triumphed with her. Whether you are on a mission to feel better, look better or just be a better person, I challenge you to walk on the Wilder side. What have YOU got to lose???
Donna Kitsch
Apr 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Get ready to change your life with this book! you need to get it, read it and put it into action! your smile will get brighter and how you feel about yourself will be better than it ever has
Kelly Lavallee
Apr 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Who's ready to become a part of a revolution ? Put on your big girl panties ladies and let's take our health back !! The wilder way will help you not only eat better but push you to things you didn't think we're possible like run !! You will find this new found confidence and it will Change your life !! So grab your glass of wine, and get ready to change your life, because the healthier, stronger you is coming !
Chandra Turner
Apr 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Are You Ready To Change Your Life? Then read this book!!! It has changed mine and my family's life for the better. I will forever be grateful to Jasinda for pickng me to be a part of this amazing journey.
Felicia Tatum
Apr 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When I started this book, I thought "I can't do this." Halfway through, I thought, "Maybe I could do this." When I finished, I decided I can do this and bought running shoes.
Tara
Apr 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Are you ready to change your life? Want something real? Doable? Something that's not only healthy for you but helps you lose weight?! Well take the time to read this great book by Jasinda and invest in yourself. If I can do this anyone can! I'm so thankful that Jasinda decided to open up with everyone to share her crazy journey to help others. Thank you Jasinda!! You've changed my life. ❤ ...more
Paula
Apr 30, 2016 rated it did not like it
Where do I even start with this one?

I bought into the pre-release hype that made this book sound like a solution to many health problems and weight problems. Innovative, simple and down to earth.

Instead, I got washed out suggestions that anyone who ever has invested a little time in researching health, nutrition and exercise would know. There was nothing new or innovative about the suggestions that were made in this book.
So you need to move your body and not eat junk food to lose weight? You
Carissa
Shelves: non-fiction
This is something I haven't really heard before and I'm excited to try it! What Jasinda went through is totally inspiring! Since I just got off of weight watchers (in maintenance mode) and needing something different, what a great way to join the #biggirlsdoitrunning FB group with others.

This has opened my eyes and a new approach to food, bc I'M NOT GOING TO BE COUNTING CALORIES AND POINTS and have to everything I THOUGHT I knew about food/diet and put it in the back burner. I just have to figu
D.D. Lorenzo
May 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Inasmuch as I own an entire library of diet books, I feel I must immediately make this statement:

THIS IS NOT A DIET BOOK!!

IT IS A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE BOOK!!!

I cannot say enough about Jasinda Wilder's journey. It is heart-wrenching and inspiring. I was crying by page 18. I was inspired by page 19. I was living healthier by page 20.

No matter your size, health, or financial status, you WILL be able to discover your healthier self inside these pages. Putting simple
Tricia
Jun 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What an incredible book!!! Not dieting and learning how to eat right is what every human should be doing and hearing Jasinda's journey is beyond inspiring. I've just started my own journey and I'm so excited to see where this takes me. It's been 7 very long days that I haven't had my wonderful Diet Mtn Dew...but I'm determined to keep going.
Thelma
Apr 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Very inspirational! I've tried reading health books in the past, and they are so boring, that I never finish. Not the case with this book! It was so so good...very easy to read and super quick.
Jasinda starts by telling us her story about her weight issues. Then she tells us her journey that led her to a healthier lifestyle.

There is an 8 week challenge that helps you start a healthier lifestyle. Each week there is a challenge, along with a section of encouragement, and even home
Michele
May 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have a degree in Nutrition. I currently work at a large University, on a Project that is studying childhood obesity. I am fascinated by health and nutrition.

When I heard that Jasinda Wilder was writing this book, I knew I would read it. I wasn't sure if I would try her plan, but I was very curious.

First, let me say that I loved the book. It is funny, it is real, and it just makes so much sense.
I am 5 days into her plan, the Wilder Way, and so far it has been relatively
Cath Erine
May 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
“This is NOT a diet; this is a new way of life,”

Excerpt From: Wilder, Jasinda. “Big Girls Do It Running.” Jasinda WIlder, 2016. iBooks.
This material may be protected by copyright.

Check out this book on the iBooks Store: https://itun.es/us/HuE9bb.l

It's funny how Jasinda said this. I say it's not a diet, it's a way of life all the time when explaining to people that I'm gluten and dairy free. I chose to be both because my body no longer processes these easily.

This book is such an inspirati
Beth
May 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book and it makes so much sense! This is a personal journey for me, as Jasinda told a story similar to mine and I am sure many people struggling with obesity and yo yo diets.

So I am on this journey and looking forward to where it takes me!

So if anyone has ever thought it's time to take hold of my life, work towards getting healthy, this is the book for you!

So let's do this!!!!
Rebecca
Jan 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017-reads
I liked this but there were no revelations I didn't already know. This one is designed for those newer to a healthy lifestyle. If you're looking for a method that works, I can strongly recommend this one though. I also wish there had been a few recipes thrown in.

All Romance
MICHELLE'S REVIEW
I know our name says All ROMANCE Reviews but when you get the chance to read a book that is life changing- well- you do it.

I was lucky enough to be personally invited by Jasinda to join her beta group for this book and the Wilder Way- her healthy lifestyle change plan. Now- Jasinda and I have met many times, and as a blogger, I've supported her writing for years. But when she asked if I would be in for this- even if I didn't love and trust her- it would have been a resounding yes. Because
Mikki _At_A Bookish Escape
Shelves: life-changing
I wanted to make sure that I finished my 8 weeks on this journey before I posted my review for this book. This is not a diet. This book is life changing and it helped me understand many things. I'm a foodie. I love to discover new foods and try new recipes. The author did a fantastic job at explaining the Wilder Way and it's very easy to follow. I also loved that she shared her story with us. She inspires me to do better and I am forever grateful to her that she wrote this book.

Jasinda Wilder g
Gwen
Apr 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jasinda-wilder
Jasinda wrote this book just in time for me. I love this book. I had purchased a Fitbit back in February of this year in hopes of get healty. I was getting at least 10,000 steps in almost every day and started to see the weight coming off, but it was slow. Durning this time I learned of this book, Big Girls Do It Running by Jasinda Wilder. She is one of my favorite romance authors and the book is about her and her families journey of eating better, running and weight loss. I got excited to learn ...more
Ashleigh Wilson
Apr 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Jasinda breaks down the cold hard facts of what your body needs and doesn't need in a no nonsense approach that is virtually foolproof. This book provides you with all the tools you'll need to make healthier choices and reap the benefits.
Karen Peacock
Apr 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Lots of great information! This is a very easy plan with all the experiences (good and bad alike). I think anyone could follow this plan and stick to the lifestyle change. Thank you for sharing your journey!
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
Very well researched and insightful look into the impact modern day food has had on our bodies and general health.

Some really good information in here that you can apply to your every day life.

Jasinda gives a very honest insight into her own struggles and I found it very inspiring.
Katharine Cordy
May 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Okay so I live with a man who has been doing research for the last year on healthier ways of eating. We have watched almost every documentary out there. Some of them twice (I should state he is not a reader so documentaries it was.) He has read internet article after internet article. So when I saw this book was going to be released I told him I wanted it. He agreed it was a good idea and we pre-ordered the book. Then there were complications with getting the book out and I told him, so we also ...more
Amanda
If your looking into buying this book just because Jasinda wrote it and you're thinking, "Hot damn a new part to the Big Girls series!" Then please STOP!!! This book is NOT a romance novel...this book is a how to guide to how Jasinda and her family were able to get healthier.
I must admit after reading it and during reading I wanted to get out and run a few miles of my own...which for me is shocking because this girl does not run...walk yes, brisk walk sometimes...jog...if I have to....run.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Blueberry Hill: a Sister's Story
  • The Temple of Sacrifice (Song of the Swords, #2)
  • The Shadow Chaser
  • Cinder Road (Scorch #2)
  • The Biggest Loser Fitness Program: Fast, Safe, and Effective Workouts to Target and Tone Your Trouble Spots--Adapted from NBC's Hit Show!
  • A Tough Case to Crack (Nuts About Nuts Mystery #1)
  • Before the Storm (Stillwater Bay #0.5)
  • Secrets at Synergy (U-District Mystery Romance, #1)
  • Sistah Vegan: Food, Identity, Health, and Society: Black Female Vegans Speak
  • Sealed Correspondence
  • A Case of Imagination (Madeline Maclin #1)
  • Lock the Cellar Door (Gen Delacourt Mystery #6)
  • Tyrant Trouble (Mudflat #1)
  • Lady Justice and the Assassin
  • Powder Burn  (Burn with Sam Blackett, #1)
  • Uncaged
  • Twist Of Fate
  • Lion on Fire
NEW YORK TIMES, USA TODAY, WALL STREET JOURNAL and international bestselling author Jasinda Wilder is a Michigan native with a penchant for titillating tales about sexy men and strong women. Her bestselling titles include ALPHA, STRIPPED, WOUNDED, and the #1 Amazon and international bestseller FALLING INTO YOU. You can find her on her farm in Northern Michigan with her husband, author Jack Wilder, ...more

Big Girls (2 books)
  • You Can Do It: Strength: Fitness and weight loss for kicking butt when life is busy and time is short