Start by marking “Princess in Waiting (The Princess Diaries, #4)” as Want to Read:
Princess in Waiting (The Princess Diaries, #4)

Princess in Waiting (The Princess Diaries #4)

3.66  ·  Rating Details ·  36,128 Ratings  ·  838 Reviews
Mia and Michael are finally an item, but Grandmere seems to have other plans. Just before the happy couple's first hot date, an unmissable royal engagement turns up. Could it be that Michael doesn't measure up and that (please not!) Grandmere's got someone else in mind for Princess Amelia Mignonette Grimaldi Thermopolis Renaldo?
Published January 1st 2003 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published September 6th 2002)

April (Aprilius Maximus)
May 17, 2015 April (Aprilius Maximus) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
EVERY BOOK IN THIS SERIES HAS THE CUTEST ENDING AND I END UP SWOONING LIKE CRAZY BECAUSE MICHAEL MOSCOVITZ OMFG
Jessica (priceiswong)
I had to give this one a four instead of a 5 like the others.. Mia was SO whiney.. She was in Europe yet l she could think about was missing Michael.. That part didn't really bug me. BUT once she got home, she started just acting crazy. First, she goes through that phase where she reads Jane Eyre and thinks she should ignore Michael and basically play hard to get. Okay girl, I just read pages after pages of you missing him and now you're NOT going to call him back? Are you kidding me? I'm glad h ...more
Shannon (leaninglights)
Actual rating 3.5 stars
Least favorite so far in the series. Mia took a drastic turn in this book and was pretty obsessed with a boy and nothing else. Granted, she is 14 years old so it's understandable to a point, but she was a bit melodramatic in this one. Still enjoyed overall and will continue the series though!
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
I can praise Michael Moscovitz forever and ever and ever. Mia was a little more annoying in this one than I remembered so I docked it a star, but still so fun!
Norah Una Sumner
"How do I know Michael hasn't met some other girl?
Some Floridian girl, with long,sun-streaked hair, and a tan,and breasts? Who has access to the Internet and isn't cooped up in a palace with her crazy grandma,a homeless,Speedo-wearing prince and a freakish,hairless miniature poodle?"

I missed The Princess Diaries so much!I loved reading about Mia's adventures in Genovia and Grandmère's schemes.Also,love the movie refrences-Meg Cabot sure knows how to make her readers laugh!
"Hello," Lilly said.
Rachel Brand
Jan 13, 2008 Rachel Brand rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who want to read a book which they don't have to concentrate on
Shelves: teen-ya, 2003, meg-cabot
Sonja - Badass Wanderer
description
Because even a princess has to have fun sometimes.

'The Princess Diaries: Mia Goes Fourth' is a short but delightful read. I loved reading this novel and I'm looking forward to picking up the next book in the series! ^ ^

On a whole another note: I love Chris Pine in Princess Diaries 2 (the movie) :D
description
Emily (Obsessed Reader)
3.5 stars.
Soooo much of this book was Mia doubting Michael's love for her, and that drove me a bit crazy. However, the cuteness level is still through the roof & I love it. Also, I adore Michael as a character.
Mayra Sigwalt
Esse foi o mais fraquinho até agora. Ele se baseia mto na insegurança na Mia no relacionamento (o que é muito crível pra uma menina de auto estima baixa como ela), mas por conta disso a história não andou. Se vc for resumir não aconteceu quase nada e o payoff foi mto no finalzinho.
Quero mais Michaeeellll!!
Bruna Miranda
Eu tinha esquecido como esses livro se passam em um período de tempo tão curto. As referências são maravilhosas, mas esse foi o mais monótono até agora porque a Mia é insegurança em pessoa e a minha vontade era de chegar: MIGA SOU LOUCA, MENOS! E aí lembro de como todos fomos com 14-15 anos. \_(ツ)_/ ...more
Anusha Narasimhan
It is hard to love a book when you are annoyed by the protagonist. And boy, was I annoyed of Mia's insecurity! When you are emotionally invested in a series, and halfway down the line, the lead starts to piss you off, it gets awkward as a reader and you don't know whether to continue the series or not. I'm glad I decided to continue because the climax was awesome. Meg Cabot surely knows how to end a book in a way that makes the reader swoon!
Daniela Soria
Not my favorite but still super cute! On to the next one :)
De'Siree Fairley
Jul 09, 2017 De'Siree Fairley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This like all of them so far was cute but now I'm thinking about Mia outside of her journal and I think she's a pretty normal girl that we've all hung out with but didn't know her deepest insecurities. So they come off as extra annoying in the book but in reality she probably doesn't seem so insecure. Michael is just so dreamy but I'm literally reading all these to see if he's in it for the long haul with Mia lol he is going to college soon. Also why is the U.K. Version so different? Mia writes ...more
Caron
This review can also be find on my blog at: https://diminishingthoughts.wordpress...

Mia Goes Fourth takes place just before Mia has to go back to school for her second semester. Yes, you read that right. Just before she went back to school. I was actually looking forward to her touring the castle and Genovia in general but that didn't happen. Instead she complained about failed speeches, meetings and parking meters, oh and of course...Michael's unclear stance on loving her as a friend or more. E
Katie
Now this one I liked better than I remembered! Mostly my memories were of Mia's worry about Michael "loving" her versus being "in love" with her. I still think that's kind of silly, but I felt more sympathy for her overall. (I think I read this around when it came out, so I would've been 19 or so. Almost-32 me sees it in a different light, I guess.)

And there was more to the rest of it than I remembered. I liked seeing Mia in Genovia. Back in the day, I was just eager for her to get back to Micha
Julia
May 18, 2008 Julia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is probably the worst princess diaries book I've ever read. It is okay but the entire story is about Mia in Genovia (the small European country she will one day rule) and she is missing Micheal her boy friend. It is very annoying to here her constantly talk about Micheal and if he is going to break up with her or not. After I read this book I decided to take a break from the Princess Diaries books because I just couldn't take it! Mia was becoming too Micheal-obsessed and the books were ...more
Sabine
Feb 15, 2009 Sabine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mia has the boy of her dreams, finally! But how fair is it that she is whisked off to Genovia for several weeks before they can even have their first official date? And what with trying to help boost Genovia's infrastructure income, trying to find time to text her beloved, and worrying about the perfect present for his birthday, this Christmas vacation is anything but restful.
After reading the first book in this series I went to the library and just happened to see the rest of the books (11 of t
Jory
I am seriously falling in love with this series all over again. I just love how Meg Cabot writes these books. Mia is like the quintessential teenager (minus the being the princess, obviously), who is just trying to get by in life. And I love it. I love how throughout the entire book she is so worried about Michael dumping her CLEARLY he is in love with her, and has been for quite some time. I mean, that just SOUNDS like a teenage girl. These books will be forever in my heart, I just love them to ...more
Mehsi
1.5 stars, this was the worst (as of now at least) part in the Princess Diaries series. Of course, I will still continue this series as it comes out (in the re-released covers thing), but I do hope they will be way better than this crap.

This won't be a long review, I just want to throw out my frustrations regarding this book.

Let me start that I was completely, and utterly confused at the beginning of the book. Normally everything, and anything is mentioned to great details, but in this one, sudd
MJ
Jan 16, 2015 MJ rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
To see full binge for books 4, 41/3, 4 1/2, and 5 click here.

Groans.

Do I have to?

If I was reviewing books when Princess in Waiting came out, I’d probably give up on The Princess Diaries series. This is my least favorite book in the series and I really think it was a waste of space-if you would’ve added some of Valentine Princess to it I think it would’ve been a stronger book.

The good thing about this particular installment, was I sort of knew what I was getting into when I reread it, so I didn’t
Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm
Princess Mia was finally in Genovia with her Grandmere, and her princess lessons continued during her winter break. When she met the people of Genovia, Mia had unintentionally started a debate about the installation of parking meters in the place, which didn't bode well with her constituents.

I just thought Princess Mia complained a lot in this book. She always said she had no idea how they ended up together, and that she missed Michael a lot, especially now that they're continents apart, but ho
Melissa
Jul 27, 2009 Melissa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This may be the straw. The final one. The whine factor in this book is so rediculously high I may just skip to when Mia is supposed to be older to continue with this series.

Mia spends most of the entire book (which only spans a few months) being paranoid or a big mouth.

I wonder if I was this annoying when I was 14. If I was I certainly wouldn't have written it down for anyone to find and read. Who goes into their boyfriend's bathroom to for a half hour afterwards to write about their amazing d
Melissa
Oct 09, 2016 Melissa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rereads, read-2016
Not the best in the series so far, but still a fun, quick read. Mia was a little whiny and annoying in this one, but I did understand. She's 14, it's all very confusing at that age. I was completely stupid at 14, and looking back now I'm really embarrassed at some of the things I did/said. Enjoying my reread of the series a lot, and if I remember correctly, the series gets better as Mia matures!
Amy Johnson
Jan 12, 2017 Amy Johnson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed "Princess in Training" book 4 in the Princess Diaries series by Meg Cabot. I've been listening to this series via audio book and I've really enjoyed the characters coming to life. It's a very light reading and pretty deep in the YA genre, but I've found myself laughing at some of Mia's antics and just love the "first love" between her and Michael.
Happy Reading...enjoy
Sara Saif
Apr 28, 2016 Sara Saif rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: its-a-tie

Hey, let’s play a game. What game, you ask? Simple; "Come up with an alternate, better name for the book you have just read!”. I love this game. Here are my top three names for Princess in Waiting:
1- Princess in the Psychotic Ward
2- Princess Completely Demented
3- Hilariously Infuriatingly Stupid Princess

Let me tell you something. The whining was totally controlled and balanced. Mia complained about everything but in a limited and well-proportioned capacity. That’s supposed to be good, right? Wel
Muse-ic ♬

2.5
meh. Mia really got on my nerves on this one. She is so insecure about her relationship with Michael and way too panicky about every thing.
She also comes up with too many worst case scenarios.

I also got annoyed with her because she was self-contradictory. She worried about misogynistic undertones in Michael's band name but she likes it when Michael takes on an authoritative air and bosses her around! Get a grip Mia! Aside from being so weak and despicable, Mia is supposed to be the princess.
Jill
Jan 14, 2009 Jill rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
1. So far, the most amusing of the Princess Diary series. It's written in short journal style form where you are basically reading Princess Mia's personal diary.

1a. If you haven't figured it out yet, once I read one book in the series, I have to read the entire series.

2. I like that someone managed to write a teen series without explicit sex and use of profanity. I'm fine with explicit sex and profanity, and I know that's part of the world today, but come on. It doesn't always have to be used. (
Candi
Jul 27, 2010 Candi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
Oh man, I wasn't sure if this series could continue after such a great ending to book #3, but I have now found one of my favorite quotes ever:

"There was a DJ who stayed up for eleven days straight, the longest recorded period of time anyone has ever gone without sleep, and he started playing nothing by Phil Collins, and that's how they knew it was time to call the ambulance."

It's like me and Meg Cabot are besties, because Phil Collins is THE WORST.

Ah crap, now I'm starting to write things like M
Sheida
Jul 12, 2015 Sheida rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Part of me wanted to roll my eyes every time Mia talked about how she's been in love with Michael forever since she kind of only figured it out a few months ago, but then the other part of me remembered that this is supposed to be the diary of a 14 year old and if my own diaries at 14 are anything to go by then at that age (and well ... kind of when you grow up too) it's normal to exaggerate to make everything seem more dramatic than it is. Anyways, I'm enjoying my re-read of this series a lot e ...more
Reg Mars
Jun 30, 2016 Reg Mars rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I thought this one was okay. I found myself at times kinda just skimming through the book. I really didn't like it. I honestly feel like nothing really happens in this one besides her obsessing over a boy and doing her princess duties. I have to keep reminding myself that Mia is only 14 years old and that's why she's so obsessed with this boy and every little thing but it's kinda boring to read about after a while. I got tired of it real quick.
Meg Cabot Fan Club: Princess in Waiting 1 4 Oct 31, 2013 02:10PM
  • Dates, Double Dates and Big, Big Trouble (Ally's World, #2)
  • Stop in the Name of Pants! (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #9)
  • Alice in Lace (Alice, #8)
  • Frogs & French Kisses (Magic in Manhattan, #2)
  • Don't You Forget About Me (Gossip Girl, #11)
  • The Second Summer of the Sisterhood (Sisterhood, #2)
  • Broadway Lights (Secrets of My Hollywood Life, #5)
  • Tall Cool One (A-List, #4)
  • The Princess & the Pauper
  • Shrimp (Cyd Charisse, #2)

More about Meg Cabot...

The Princess Diaries (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Princess Diaries (The Princess Diaries, #1)
  • Princess in the Spotlight (The Princess Diaries, #2)
  • Princess in Love (The Princess Diaries, #3)
  • Princess in Pink (The Princess Diaries, #5)
  • Princess in Training (The Princess Diaries, #6)
  • Party Princess (The Princess Diaries, #7)
  • Princess on the Brink (The Princess Diaries, #8)
  • Princess Mia (The Princess Diaries, #9)
  • Forever Princess (The Princess Diaries, #10)
  • Royal Wedding (The Princess Diaries, #11)

“French: why does this language even exist? Everyone there speaks english anyway.” 36 likes
“I realized Michael was right. I mean, I am always writing in this journal. And I do compose a lot of poetry, and write a lot of notes and emails and stuff. I mean, I feel like I am always writing. I do it so much, I never even thought about it as a talent. It's just something I do all the time, like breathing.” 19 likes