Start by marking “Set Me Free” as Want to Read:
Set Me Free

Set Me Free

Miranda Lewis is desperate to get away from her controlling ex--so desperate she leaves him in the middle of the night. She ends up on a remote island off the Maine coast, where she befriends a bubbly shopkeeper, Claire, and becomes fascinated by Claire's son, big, brooding Owen Larsen, a woodworker who keeps to himself. Even the friendliest locals here are secretive--and ...more
Kindle Edition, The Expanded Edition, 248 pages
Published July 8th 2016 by Interstitial Storytelling

To ask other readers questions about Set Me Free, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Set Me Free

Hazel *Craves the Angst Reviews*
Find This and Other Reviews At Craves The Angst.

Set Me Free is a New Adult, Romance, Suspense written by London Setterby. I was gifted a copy from the author in exchange for an honest review through Xpresso Book Tours .

4 Mystical Stars!

The Review:
This was such a great read. It had an energetic mystery with a sweet romance and an amazing, lively cast of characters. I really enjoyed this one from beginning to end...

Story/Characters...
Miranda Lewis is running from an abusive relationship. For
Cortnie
Apr 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was so good! I loved every second of it. I even read it all in one sitting.
Robin Powers
Jul 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
A pretty good mystery/suspense/romance. I liked Miranda's tenaciousness in figuring out how to set Owen free. The small town characters were intriguing and loved how Miranda escaped her past. Full review coming on The Smut-Brarians.
Avylinn Winter
Feb 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Review to come later tonight!
Nada Sobhi
Jul 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, adult
“If you’re not an English major, what are you?” Owen asked.
“I’m…” Before Rhys, I was a bartender and a painter. But since then? “I’m nothing.” Absolutely nothing.

Set Me Free by London Setterby is an interesting emotional read. The story opens with main character, Miranda, named after Shakespeare’s Miranda in The Tempest, running away from her abusive and domineering boyfriend Rhys. She has no idea where she’s going except that she needs to get as far away from him as possible.

I liked how
Lustful Literature
Jul 13, 2016 rated it really liked it

Josie's Review 4.5 STARS

Set Me Free was such an amazing and captivating read, the blurb did not do this book justice. I will admit that after I read the synopsis for this book I was curious and had so many thoughts and ideas running through my mind. I am so pleased that NOT ONE was right. I love a book and an author that can challenge me and take me on a journey that has my mind working from the beginning to the very end and that is exactly what this author did to me. Miranda and Owen’s characte
Lynda Dickson
Jul 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Ages 18+
Shelves: new-adult
Miranda Lewis leaves her abusive partner Rhys and travels from New Haven, Connecticut to Fall Island, Maine. She stops there for the night and decides to stay and start a new life. She gets a job at the Widow's Walk pub, makes friends, and rekindles her passion for painting through her new-found muse, the dead Suzanna White. Miranda even discovers passion of a different kind with blond "Viking god" Owen Larsen. All the while, she lives in constant fear of Rhys showing up on her doorstep; even th ...more
Molly Jo
Wow. I read this a while back and I am now coming to write a review. The character development in this book was so intensely amazing I almost didn't recognize them by the end. This book was a quick read but that doesn't mean it wasn't full of substance. This book touched on some things I haven't ever read about and I felt like they were done in an accurate style. I want to read more from this author in the future!
KYELira
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Read it it Wattpad. ❤❤❤ Miranda and Owen are so cute. Especially Owen's actions towards Miranda in the end. 😍 I would have finish this book in one day if I didn't have work. Anyways, I love reading Wattpad stories (especially with romance in it) anyone wanna reccomend me some books?

P.S I'm currently reading Kaye and Andy's story.
Kassandra
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This was such a great story and I couldn't put the book down! I first read this story on wattpad and when I finished I had to buy the physical format and I do not regret it!
Rae Sontheyon
Jul 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Running To Find Herself And More . . .

This novel was a mix of romantic suspense with a hint of supernatural surrounding an art based crime thriller. At its core the book is unique but could have been flushed out into about three different stories instead of just this one novel. I'd most likely have rated this book higher if the it had been split in two parts, because the protagonist offered a myriad of issues to read about.

After much secretly planning for months, Miranda Lewis was finally able t
The Smutbrarians
Value – 5.0
Overall – 4
Kindle eArc provided by Author
Reviewed by Robin

Miranda is trying to outrun her abusive past when she ends up in on a small island off of Maine. The small town charms her even if the locals seem a little wary. Especially with their open dislike of Owen, the son of the coffee shop owner. Trying to fit in and start over, Miranda senses there is a secret about Owen that no one seems to want to share with her. Add in a de
Nasreen
Jul 09, 2016 rated it it was ok
Jo
Jul 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is an intriguing mix of a story. Just a hint of the paranormal, mixed with suspense and romance. Not an easy relationship between Miranda and Owen, and it is fair to say that there is a heavy helping of fate laid over it. However, anything work having is worth working for.

A touching story of faith in love and relationships. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

I received a copy in exchange for an honest review.
Zara
Jul 10, 2016 rated it it was ok
Pointless cliche of a book.
Main character was very annoying but on a positive note the writing was not half as bad. Couldn't quite connect or feel anything for any of the characters.
Story started out well but just became predictable.A few things were never fully explained so definitely some loose threads left behind.Romance moved too fast and the second half of the book just dragged on and on without much point to it really.
Shreshtha
Sep 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
I absolutely loved it! The words written had so much meaning in them, tore my heart away! you wouldn't regret reading this. GO READ IT. I said READ IT.
john stewart
rated it did not like it
Sep 07, 2017
Jul 11, 2016
Anna
Jul 13, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Hello! I'm London, a writer, lawyer, and life-long New Englander. I write Gothics and fantasy romances, including my debut standalone Gothic romance, Set Me Free. As L. Setterby, I write gritty erotic contemporaries, starting with Breathe. With all my subgenres, I write across the gender and sexuality spectrums, meaning you'll eventually find straight, queer, cis, and trans romances from me. :-)

Fo