Start by marking “Smolder (Firefighters of Montana, #1)” as Want to Read:
Smolder (Firefighters of Montana, #1)

Smolder

(Firefighters of Montana #1)

Former Army Ranger, Sam Gaskill, is starting over in Glacier Creek, Montana - far away from the plains of Texas and the memories of his late wife. Taking charge as the new captain of a squad of smoke jumpers should provide him with enough adrenaline to chase away the ghosts from his past. Until a sexy, green-eyed temptress with a sassy mouth enters the picture…

Laurel Keen
Published June 7th 2016 by Tule Publishing

Start your review of Smolder (Firefighters of Montana, #1)
Wendy'sThoughts
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Tracy Sollheim fans, Firefighters, Romance
3.5 Smoldering Turns Combustible Stars
* * * 1/2 Spoiler Free- Limited Time Free!!!
This is the first entry to a new series about Smoke Jumpers in Montana. These Firefighters are trained to do some of the most dangerous work.... jumping into forest fires to cut them off and isolate them...chopping down trees in their paths so that there was no more fuel for the fire. These brave men and women are the focus and it holds the attention of the reader.

Sam Gaskill is a man who wants to start fresh... but has one more thing he mus
Helen
Jun 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a great start to a fabulous new series about smoke jumpers these guys are strong and determined they work hard and fast to stop fires and save lives and they are just what every girl needs in their lives if you can cope with the danger. This is from a new to me author Tracy Solheim and I loved it and will be looking out for more of her stories.

Ex Army ranger Sam Gaskill has arrived in Glacier Creek Montana from Texas to take on the captains role at the smoke jumpers he as arr
Coco.V
Jul 08, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (7/8/2019)! 🎁
Alex (HEABookNerd)
Series: Firefighters of Montana #1
Rating: 3 stars - it was good

Sam Gaskill has come to Glacier Creek, Montana to start over after his wife's death. But moving on is hard, especially when Sam is butting heads with Laurel Keenan, the woman who will be training his late wife's champion horse. Laurel has enough on her plate as a single mother and the last thing she wants is to get involved with a smokejumper who puts his life on the line everyday.

Smolder was an entertaining and spicy read that helped/>/>
Jo-Anne
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
I was happy to find this book about smokejumpers. To me, they are the ultimate hero. Jumping out of planes into forests to put out fires is dangerous work that only the most skilled firefighters can do. I really enjoyed this book and am looking forward to the rest of the series.

Sam was the new captain of the smokejumpers in Glacier Creek, Montana. It's a big change from his life as a Ranger and coming from Texas but he's up for the challenge. Wanting to fulfill his late wife's dream,
Pelusa Rivera
Jun 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Received an ARC for my fair review for netgalley.We have Sam and Laurel, to very stubborn people, who are attracted to each other and not sure if they are willing to put their hearts on the line again. I always love stories of firefighters, and military men, so right there it had one me over, I loved the rest of the guys, it was cute story, and kept me fairly interest, new series, hopefully will keep my interest, enjoy.
Donna
Jul 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
Smokin

This was a smokin hot read with a red hot hero. Not a lot of depth but heaps of chemistry and a plot to go along with it. Steamy with a dash of charm. New author for me. A nice quick read.
WTF Are You Reading?
Starting over can be difficult under the best circumstances. But when starting over means carrying the ghosts of a guilt ridden past into the precarious and uncharted territory of a tenuous future. Forging bright and shiny new paths can be almost impossible.

Unless, of course, the man doing the impossible is former Army Ranger, Sam Gaskill. Whether making himself at home in his new role as captain of a highly skilled smoke jumpers. Or attempting to find a training facility for his lat
Nila
Jun 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Start of the newest series of "Firefighters of Montana" Did not disappoint! loved it!
Sam Gaskill former Army ranger starting over in Montana and as far away as possible of memories of his late wife. He takes on his new role of Captain Smoke jumper, boarding his late wifes horse with Laurel and her father.
Laurel Keenan, champion horsewoman, couldn’t wait to escape her hometown after an unexpected pregnancy moves her back to her fathers ranch. Not really sure if she can risk or own and her
Cathy Geha
Apr 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Smolder by Tracy Solheim
Firefighters of Montana #1

Smolder indeed! Great book! I enjoyed it from beginning to end and recommend it to those looking for a fun way to spend a few hours in Montana.

After looking online I found that five authors have worked together to create this series of books that deal with sizzling hot men who work as smokejumpers but also as search and rescue patrol and live in a base camp on forest service land in Montana. Each of the potential men and women
Isha Coleman
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The thrill of danger helps him forget the pain of loss. Can the love of a good woman help him learn to live again? Sam is a man on a mission. Start over and leave the past behind. A new town and an adventurous job should be just what he needs to escape the helpless guilt and grief that has been his constant companion. What he doesn't count on is finding a second chance at love. Smolder is as intense as it's title, but the beauty of Ms. Solheim is she can deliver breathless romance while crafting ...more
Christi Snow
May 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
My Review:
The mountains are my happy place so I also have a happy place for smokejumpers. We lived in the mountains for 3 1/2 years and seeing those exhausted, dirty crews always gave my heart a twist. It's a hard life, but the job they do is incredible. So when I heard about this new series coming out with a couple of my favorite authors writing on it, I was bouncing in my seat with excitement.

This is the first book in the series and it's the PERFECT place to start the series. This book
Stephanie
Jun 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Release Day Review

E-Galley provided by author for review. No remuneration was exchanged and all opinions presented herein are my own except as noted.

This is the first in a series about Montana “Smoke Jumpers.” Future books in the series will release over the next four weeks:

SCORCH by Dani Collins releases 6/14
IGNITE by Nicole Helm releases 6/21
HEAT by Karen Fo
Djg
Story of a single mother artist/former horse competitor/ studying to be CPA so she can support her son and a former soldier/firecaptain/widower with guilt who brings his dead wives horse to Montana from Texas to get her prepared to compete/be sold as well as to take on the job of chief of the "smokejumpers" who jump out of planes to fight fires. Whew. That's a lot of stuff going on and I left a few things out. This book reminds me of a Lifetime movie plot.

What I liked, the characters
Christine~justlovemybooks.com blog~
4.5 Stars!!!
Smolder is the first in the Firefighter of Montana Series written by different authors. I love Montana and I love firemen. They are so brave and sexy. This first in series was written by Tracy Solheim. I loved it. It started off with some tension and my curiosity was piqued. Sam and Lauren both had their issues, both of which were realistic. I was rooting for them all the way. Both H/h were written with good personalities, the sexual tension was strong and yet the love scenes w
Ash P Reads
Jun 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sam Gaskill is starting over in Glacier Creek, Montana at the new captain of the smoke jumpers squad. He's not looking for entanglements. They only end badly for him. In fact that is the reason he's at the Whispering Breeze Ranching that will house Tabitha, a horse that he had gifted to his late wife, He's here to make sure his wife's dream is fulfilled, Tabitha competing at the national level. Only his attraction to the woman who's going to be training the horse hits him deep in the gut.

Laurel
Talking Books
Apr 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Smolder by author Tracy Solheim was a spitfire, quick read, full of entertaining characters who grabbed this readers attention. The scorching moments and fiery characters together made for a not to be missed read. The chemistry between Laurel and Sam sizzled and the challenges for both characters throughout the story was some great reading. This book did not disappoint and was a red-hot series starter.
Review copy received from Tule Publishing for an honest rating
Runner10
Jun 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this story. I can't wait to read the next book in the series. Sam and Laurel have a hot romance that captured my heart from page one. Tracy Solheim did a great job describing the life of a firefighter and the beauty of Montana.
Beanimous
Sep 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
It is a fun book to read. I will look for more books from this author.

Likeable hero and heroine, likeable secondary characters, predictable but heart warming plot.

Nice book to read, not too dark, not to heavy, just nice.
Cruth
Author: Tracy Solheim
First published: 2016
Length: 199 pages, 2597 kindle locations
Setting: Contemporary. Glacier Creek, Montana.
Sex: Explicit.
Hero: Fire jumper.
Heroine: Studying CPA. Horse trainer. Single mum.
Includes: Excerpt from Holiday at Magnolia Bay.

Fun and easy. Nice start to a new series from Tule Publishing. And hunky firemen to boot.

A good read.

Firefighters of Montana:
Book 1 Smolder by Tracy Solheim - Sam Gaskill and Laurel Keenan
Book 2 Scorch by Dani Collins - Jacqui Edwards and Vin Kingston
Book 3 Ignite by Nicole Helm - Lina McArthur and Dean/>Firefighters/>:/>:/>:/>:/>:/>:/>First
Danielle Cordsen
May 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
SMOLDER
BY: Tracy Solheim

📚💕⭐⭐⭐⭐💕📚

Is loving again the biggest risk of all?

Sam's life has had a lot of changes. He’s no longer in the military, his Army Ranger days are behind him after several deployments. He’s taken on the Captain position for a group of smoke jumper firefighters. It’s a dangerous job, as the death of the former Captain is proof of, but Sam is confident that he can handle the job and everything that comes with it. He’s not boastful but he is d
Danielle  Gypsy Soul
Smolder is the first book in the Firefighters of Montana Series and was a very enjoyable book that has me looking forward to the rest of the series. Tracy Solheim is a new author to me but I really liked her writing style and I loved reading about the smoke jumpers.

This book centers around Sam who is a former Army Ranger with a complicated past, a lot of guilt and a very dangerous job. Laurel is the daughter of ranch owners and horse trainers who at one time competed with horses but once she be
Paula
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Smolder (Firefighters of Montana #1) by Tracy Solheim is the last book I read in this series since I have been reading them in reverse order. It was interesting seeing each of the other firefighters through newcomer Captain Sam Gaskill’s eyes. Still it reads well as a stand-alone with no cliffhangers but only a hint or two about some of the others.
His love interest has not ties to the firefighters except for some cousins who work there. I liked that thinking he would have never gotten invo
Margaret Sholders
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the start of a new series from Tule Publishing. This is all about fire fighting. It is set in Montana. Sam is the new boss of the fire station. They drop into the fires using hard training to land with their parachutes. Spoiler. He meets Laurel and her son Tyson when he brings his late wife Becky's reining mare to show and then sell her to a good home. That means she will have to train Tabitha to show her to win. Spoiler! Laurel is a single mom to Tyson. His dad is a winter Olympian and ...more
Diane Call
Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sam is the new boss of the smokejumpers near Glacier National Park. Laurel is the single mom training his late wife's horse. Their physical attraction is instant and undeniable, but both have issues about a continuing relationship. 5yo Tyson and his pack of animals are the cuties!

What an insight into an unusual career! We get to meet a bunch of smokejumpers and the tight community that surrounds them. We get to see them training (eye candy), helping park rangers (nature eye candy), a
Deb Diem
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Smolder by Tracy Solheim is a great contemporary romance. This is a fairly quick read, perfect for those with limited reading time. Ms. Solheim has delivered a well-written book and furnished it with outstanding, lovable characters. Sam lands in Montana after leaving the military as captain of Glacier Creek's forest service station. Laurel is a single mom finishing up her classes to get her CPA. Laurel and Sam's story is loaded with drama, humor, sizzle and action. I enjoyed reading this book an ...more
Jin
Aug 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, 2017
Second chance at love, relationship and real family....

New firefighter captain is in Glacier Creek. Former army ranger Sam Gaskill is in Glacier Creek to start a new job and start a new life after losing a wife. He is ready to drop off his late wife’s horse at a ranch she he meets feisty, smart mouth Lauren Keenan. He is attracted to her right away but his failed marriage still lingers in his mind. He just wants to start fresh without any complications.
Lurel can’t believe she is tal
Marcy Clay
Aug 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Burn, baby burn

I enjoyed this book. The editing was good and the story flowed easily. Sam is an adrenaline junkie with a military background. He takes his role as the captain of the fire jumpers very seriously. Sam is a man of few words and has a sizzling sexuality. His love interest is Laurel, a single mother trying to shuffle a job, studying, raising her young son, and helping at her family's horse ranch. They smolder together as things heat up. Should they take a second chance at love?
Cheryl Sanders
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is book one in The Firefighters of Montana series and it features Laurel Keenan and Sam Gaskill. The attraction between these two was incredibly strong from the moment they met. I love these two! Laurel has no brain-to-mouth filter and Sam is the brooding, sexy Captain. They both have their reasons to keep it casual but things don't always work out that way. Laurel's son Tyson is a little cutie. I really liked that his father was involved and he wasn't a total failure as a part-time father. ...more
Hanna
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In addition to having great characters and a great plot, this book has details that bring it to life. Unusual and interesting occupations and a magnificent setting are written so clearly that I almost looked out the window to see majestic mountains and unbroken wilderness. Unlike many rather generic books, there is no way this book could be transposed to a different place or different people. A terrific read.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Flirting with Forever (Island Bliss, #1)
  • Bet the House (Loveless & Dunn #1; Magnolia Bay #1)
  • The Tycoon's Forced Bride
  • Marry Me, Cowboy (75th Copper Mountain Rodeo #2)
  • The Doctor's Love (The McKinnon Brothers, #2; Heroes of New York, #3)
  • Born to be Bad (International Bad Boys, #3; The Russian Billionaires #2)
  • Falling for Christmas
  • The Valentine Quest (Love at the Chocolate Shop #5)
  • The Marine Next Door (The Precinct: Task Force #1; The Precinct #17)
  • His Christmas Gift
  • In Bed with the Bachelor (Montana Born Bachelor Auction #5; The Montana Millionaires #5)
  • A Royal Christmas Princess
  • Cowboys Don't Stay (Code of the West #3; Tanner Brothers #3)
  • Beauty and the Cowboy (Big Marietta Fair #1)
  • How to Lose a Groom in 10 Days (Runaway Brides, #0.5)
  • Seduced by the Baron (Fairy Tales of New York, #4)
  • Texas Bachelor (Whiskey River, #6)
  • Love Me, Cowgirl (The Gallaghers of Montana #2; The 78th Copper Mountain Rodeo #4)
Tracy Solheim writes books with shirtless men on the cover. Some of them are actually best-sellers. The books, not the men. When she's not writing, she's practicing her curling. . . bottles of wine, that is. She's been known to cook dinner but no more than two nights in a row. Most days, she'd rather be reading, which to her is just necessary research. She lives in the suburbs of Atlanta with her ...more

Firefighters of Montana (5 books)
  • Scorch (Firefighters of Montana, #2)
  • Ignite (Firefighters of Montana, #3)
  • Heat (Firefighters of Montana, #4)
  • Flame (Firefighters of Montana #5)