Start by marking “If the Shoe Fits (Fairy Tale #1)” as Want to Read:
If the Shoe Fits (Fairy Tale #1)

If the Shoe Fits (Fairy Tale #1)

ebook
Published April 19th 2016

To ask other readers questions about If the Shoe Fits, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about If the Shoe Fits

Start your review of If the Shoe Fits (Fairy Tale #1)
Books 2 Blog
May 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
'If the Shoe fits' was a brilliant read, a modern day Cinderella story that left me wanting to read more and hoping for the 'ugly' stepsister that true love also comes.

Our Cinderella baker Ella is strapped for cash and trying to promote her business attending parties and events to gain contacts so that she can one day expand. Our Prince Charming is doing something similar, once the boy wonder of real estate Nick can't seem to close the big deals anymore. With a thwarted one night stand, a pair
Coco.V
May 14, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝FREE on Amazon today (5/14/2018)!💝

Blurb:
Isabella Daniels is on a mission, that starts by borrowing her stepsisters invitation to a museum fundraiser along with a killer pair of shoes. If she can convince the board members to use her bakery to cater all their desert needs, then maybe the bank will approve the loan she desperately need to enlarge and upgrade her shop. After being shot down for being too young she heads to the bar, and meets him.
Nicholas Powers is poised at the bar of another bor
Becky Baldridge
Oct 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
This modern day Cinderella story is everything a fairy tale should be. It's sweet, witty, and lighthearted. Overall, the angst level is low, but there is some. After all, this happy, rags to riches story wouldn't be complete without the stepmother and stepsisters to cause a bit of trouble. I really like the way things work out for everyone involved. The point of view does bounce around a bit, but once I figured out the character voices, I had no problem following the story. The only drawback lay ...more
Dee Reese
Jul 05, 2016 rated it liked it
*** ARC Provided by Author for Honest Review ***

This is a Sweet Fairytale Story. ‘If the Shoe Fits’ by Jody Lynn Daniels is a modern Cinderella story retold with some twists but yes we still get the slippers lol. This is a 4 star book for me.

I really loved the start of the story with both characters Ella and Nick getting to meet each other and I also enjoyed the references to the Classic Breakfast at Tiffany's. Both characters were super cute.

But my favorite had to be Mrs. Miller she was funny a
Rebecca Barber
Apr 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Ella is making her dreams come true - it might be a tough slog and she might struggle, but undoubtedly she's doing it. And on her own terms. But she's not above faking it.

Dressing up and pretending to be someone she isn't, Ella attends a high end party where she catches the eye of the very charming and sexy Nicholas. Not knowing anything more about him, than he's absolutely stunning, Ella lets go of her responsibilities and spends one reckless evening doing something completely out of character.
The Cobbler's Daughter
No spoilers - starts off with Isabella wearing killer shoes to a fundraiser where she is trying to drum up business for her bakery. She meets the handsome Nicholas and things take off from there. Along the way you are treated to a fun, modern day fairy tale. It's a light read, has a few little twists and then you end up happy you read the book. The story flowed well and had enough comedy and romance to keep you satisfied. I will definitely read more of this author's work.
Chianti Summers
Apr 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
Gifted a copy. If the Shoe Fits is a great start to a fairy tale series. This is a wonderful light fun read. There is a fantastic combination of fairy tale portions that make you want to be part of the story. Nicholas and Isabella are wonderful characters to read. The development of this story is one that makes you believe in fairy tales. I love it!
Brandy Roberts
Apr 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
i loved this book i liked the fairy tale aspect i cant wait to read more :)
Misty
Apr 05, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this story was funny and sweet and a little silly. I liked the plot and the spin on the traditional Cinderella story. However, the author needs a better editor or beta reader or both. There were several mistakes throughout, but it got worse closer to the end. It almost felt like whoever was reading through it for her changed or didn't get a good chunk of the book at the end. A lot of it was silly mistakes, things a grammar or spelling check would miss. Like "ill" for "I'll" and "were" ...more
Laura Nelson
Good quick read

With all the grim news going around about Coronavirus, I needed a light, fun romance to read and get my mind off of everything. This was perfect for that. It’s a sweet and steamy modern day Cinderella story and I definitely enjoyed that. Only a couple things pulled me out of the story (mainly because I’m a grammar nut) - a few times the point of view shifted from 1st to 3rd and a handful of were/we’re, there/their, and your/you’re type of mistakes. Other than that, it was an enjoy
Jackie Ashmead
Aug 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading this book. It definety was the Cinderella type story with a sexy twist to it. Although in this book she at least got along with one of her step-sisters for most of the book and eventually works through issues with both her other step-sister and step-mother. She meets her prince charming at an event and things spark from there. They have an instant connection and things move forward quickly. I definety recommend reading this book. Cute romance with some steamy scenes make ...more
Elizabeth
Nov 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: ku, romance
So this was a fun read! I will say there were parts where I couldn't figure out who was talking, so I had some trouble following the action.While I have a hard time suspending my disbelief that 4 grown women had a food fight in the middle of a party and then ended up best friends sitting on the floor eating cheesecake, I loved that the men did the smart thing and ran away! The fairy godmother character in this is a trip! Now I really want some red velvet cheesecake!
Terri
May 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sizzling romance

I found this story a quick read, but lovely. Who doesn't like fairy tales? The characters in the book were very likeable. The story moved along quickly, if a bit predictably. I felt the cinnamon oil scene wasn't in character for the MC, but the food fight was a laugh. This book is worth a read, but could use an editor.
Dawn Ireland
A great modern Cinderella story

This was a great little story, but it was ruined by all the spelling and grammatical errors. There was barely a page that didn’t have some type of problem. I’d love to be your editor, Jody!
Amy Rehberg
Mar 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An okay story

The story line is good especially if you're a Cinderella fan. Sometimes its a little inconsistent and little confusing with the characters. But overall I enjoyed and look forward to this author growing in her writing.
Katy Birch
Aug 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Do not get me wrong, i enjoyed the storyline. I would of liked a bit more drama within the storyline, but it was sweet none the less. I would of rated 4 stars but i could not look past the mountain of errors within the book. A few would be fine but i was in double figures.
Rebecca
Mar 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic book

I absolutely loved this story.( so much so that I’m finished reading it at 5:04 am) if you want an awesome story with great characters. Read this book.
Brooke May
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A modern twist on a classic love story made this a wonderful read. Sweet with splashes of sizzling spice made it hard to put down. I look forward to more!
Wit & Wonder Books
Jun 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
*** ARC Provided by Author for Honest Review ***

But my favorite had to be Mrs. Miller she was funny a
Stephanie Lloyd
Jul 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC copy of this book due to winning a Facebook competition.
firstly I have never heard of this author, never read any of her work and I do not know her. so this a completely unbiased review.
I really enjoyed this book, it has a light hearted feel good feeling to it pretty much all the way through, the book has a good concept to it and a good story line. It is a very happy go lucky book.
personally think it needs some more editing as it had a few spelling mistakes and words not fittin
Rebecca
Dec 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It was a quick read and a departure from my normal genres. I loved the fairy tale twist and the characters were easy to relate to. I could picture this as a movie of the week (minus the naughty bits lol). I managed to read it in about 2 hours and i'm looking forward to the sequel.
Amber Goodwin
Jun 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. Ella and Nick were great together. Loved the Cinderella twist in this book. Was an easy book to read and fall in love with the characters. Great first book by Jody Lynn Daniels
Shannon Burks
May 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fairy tale for sure

This was a very easy read. I really enjoyed the spin on Cinderella. The characters were well thought out and the story had good cadence. There were twists and turns, love and redemption. Can't wait for the next book in the series.
Holly
Nov 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
If you can get past all the grammar mistakes, this is a cute, fun, sexy twist on the Cinderella story.
Julie Ann tueller
May 26, 2016
CrystalCat
Apr 25, 2016

• Writing Mr. Right
  • The Guy on the Right (The Underdogs, #1)
  • A Girl's Best Friend (The Celebrity Corgi Romances, #1)
  • The Teacher's Billionaire (The Sherbrookes of Newport, #1)
  • Iron Crowne
  • Wicked Bride Games (Indecent Games, #1)
  • Blood Laws (Immortal Curse #1)
  • Norsemen Academy
  • Caged
  • Summer and Smoke (The Bullets, #2)
  • Lies and Other Drugs (Lies, #1)
  • First Debt (Indebted, #2)
  • Second Debt (Indebted, #3)
  • Debt Inheritance (Indebted, #1)
  • Unseen Messages
  • Never Me
  • To Have and Hate
  • Warped (Hell's Bastard, #2)