Start by marking “Soul Finder (The Immortal Gene, #2)” as Want to Read:
Soul Finder (The Immortal Gene, #2)

Soul Finder

(The Immortal Gene #2)

Since being discovered as Soulless, Nadia has become a target for both terrorist groups and government corporations. Now, her only hope for survival rests in the hands of the man sent out to kill her: Diesel, the Mad Dog terrorist.

Diesel is determined to free himself of the never ending curse of reincarnation and the haunting memories that plague his mind. But when his sea
Published September 16th 2016 by Inked Rabbit Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Soul Finder, please sign up.
Jacinta Maree Hi Cleveryulik,

Hi Cleveryulik,

You know what, I had actually promised myself to get it done by mid this year - even barred myself from attending any book conventions to minimize distraction - and I actually managed to complete the first draft in June. (Hooray)
I am currently in my second draft and I want to ensure I do my very, very, very best work in completing Diesel and Nadia's story. I don't like sticking to cliche formulas which is why I am taking so long in writing the third installment (bleh cliches). But I am aiming to have it done by the beginning of the new year. I do have the artist working on the cover so it's just a matter of edits, formatting and publishing. ^_^ I am sorry for the lame delay, I will do my best to make it worth the wait.

And thank you for the question lovely - xoxoxox (less)
Jacinta Maree Hey Cookie,

Hey Cookie,

Thank you for the question, it is only the second book in the series. I plan on having three books in total, the final instalment is called Soul Reaper. Hopefully it should be ready by the end of the year. :D (less)

Maya
ARC received in exchange for an honest review.

description

I thought the first book was intense but heck this sequel beats the first book by a lot! I mean, the action and battle for survival was just constantly present throughout the whole story. There was only one small moment where I thought that there was a resemblance of peace but of course that quickly vanishes in the next scene in the plot. There is a great quote from Nadia "Stabbed. Beaten. Drugged. Shot. Drowned. Choked. My will to survive continues
Crazy4Books
Sep 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: review-books
This is about a dystopian world set in the distant future where everyone is reincarnated. As nice as it might seem to live on forever reincarnation has had devastating effects. Theres a medication that can help suppress the insanity caused by past life memories for those lucky enough to afford it. However the knowledge of being able to live on forever has created a lack of care for human life and a detachement from peoples inner humanity. Nadia who doesnt have past life memories doesnt understan ...more
Olivia-Savannah  Roach
Soulfinder by Jacinta Maree is a sequel to a novel I’ve already read, which was why I was so eager to read it! I didn’t remember as much of the first novel’s storyline as I wanted to by the time I got around to read this, but when I started reading it gradually all came back to me again. I also remembered the first novel being incredibly fast paced with an insane plot and this crazily toxic back and forth romance… I wondered how this novel would pan out after that one.

The beginning of the novel
Kel (Faerie-bookworm)
Shelf: Review
Pages: 263
Rating: 5
Heat: 3

Thoughts: This picks up right where book one left off seamlessly. I am really enjoying this series so far and I’m kinda bummed now that I’m going to have to wait for the next book. I love the relationship between Diesel and Nadia. They are so in love with each other but because life isn’t easy they both keep each other at arm’s length. Mistrust and fear seem to rule most everyone i
Haddie Harper
DISCLAIMER: I received a copy of this book (as well as the first book) in exchange for honest review.

I say this often: I don't know how many heart attacks I can take! After becoming addicted to the first book, I surged through this one without cease. This book picks up where the last book left off on a cliffhanger. LITERALLY.

Diesel is as bad-ass as ever, but we are not in his head, we are still in Nadia's. Being the prophesied Soulless, Nadia is pretty much running for her life. Diesel is hunti
Christine Bowden
My heart may never recover!

Oh...my....goodness! So I read this and I honestly could not put it down. It's intense and had me on the edge of my seat. It was action aplenty. My heart may never recover from the workout it got because I swear it was racing with anticipation throughout. This is a masterpiece. I will keep saying that it needs to be a movie. It's epic. It's action packed and Jacinta Maree has totally kicked it out of the park with this one.
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
Nadia is on the run. She is running for her life. She is a Soulless. Terrorist as well as the government are after Nadia. Nadia is a survivalist and will do just about anything to stay out of their hands even if it means running right into the arms of the man that was sent to kill her, Diesel. Nadia doesn’t trust anyone but if she is going to make it out alive then Diesel is the best man for the job besides Nadia is very attracted to Diesel. And when they are together to sparks fly.

Diesel is so
Jessica Creason
Nov 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: blog-tours
I read Soulless, the first book in the Immortal Gene series and started on Soul Finder the same night. Overall, I really enjoyed the first book and was excited to see how the story progressed, especially with the HUGE cliffhanger the first book ends with.

The only thing that I found a little disappointing was how Nadia goes from super strong and independent to dependent on Diesel. It seems like throughout a lot of the book, she struggles with her feelings of self-worth depending on Diesel's perc
Boundless Book Reviews
Soul Finder, is still as adrenaline filled and heart pumping as the first. There is seriously never a dull moment in this trilogy. You wonder what Jacinta has up her sleeve next.

After, leaving us with a cliff hanger with Soulless. We are quickly thrown in to Nadia’s world again. With Diesel ever so present. Why do I love Diesel, so much? He’s the character you love to hate and hate to love.

This story doesn’t hide anything. The chaos, the death, but still the hope that lies within some of them.
Raquel (Rocki)
Sep 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: blog-review, e-book
You can find a longer review on my blog: Raquel Gabrielle's Blog

I loved this one just as much as the first one.

So I still love Diesel and Nadia, even though Nadia is trying to stretch her wings a bit in this one. She is coming into her own and trying to find out the kind of person she wants to be. Even though she makes some mistakes along the way I respect her for that, I mean how is a person supposed to learn if they don't make a few mistakes here and there. Diesel of course takes this to heart
Kolleen Fraser
Sep 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am such a huge fan of Jacinta Maree. Everything I have red of her is brilliant and creative and just dark enough to keep me on my toes.
Soul Finder was no exception. Action, suspense, dark horrors of the world she created. I loved it, obviously.
Nadia is such a bad ass and Diesel... Oh crazy arse Diesel, how I love you.
Fast paced and gripping you don't want to miss out on this epic series. I couldn't turn the pages fast enough!
Katelynn
Jan 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: my-ebooks
Actual rating: 2.5 - 3 stars (not sure yet)

Full review to come soon.
L.L. Hunter
Sep 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The wait is over!
I've been waiting anxiously for the next instalment in this amazing and unique series and now the second book is finally here! And the wait has definitely been worth it.
The book opens with Nadia being captured, and you don't know what's going on until she meets up with a group of rebels and Diesel.
Oh, Diesel. Their romance is so love/ hate and i love it. So much sexual tension. That shower scene was hot!
I love the whole history behind the Soulless and the special serum and the
Amanda
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
“I’m going to save the world…”

When I think of the world in Soul Finder, I think of that quote from The Tempest by Shakespeare, “…Hell is empty and all the devils are here.” Looking at the world through Nadia’s eyes, her world is really horrible, filled with horrible people doing horrible things to other horrible people. Granted, the people in Nadia’ world has suffered, and suffered over again. But all human decency seems to have petered out, leaving only wickedness behind. But like the hope in
Poulami
Sep 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dystopia
Originally posted on Daydreaming Books.

* I received an eARC of this book for the blog tour hosted by YA Bound Book Tours in exchange for an honest review.*

This book was reaaaally good! Book one was pretty intriguing and it ended with a cliffhanger and I was curious to know what happened next. Soul Finder definitely didn't disappoint and I enjoyed the ride! You can read my review of Soulless, book 1 here.

Nadia is on the run with Diesel after being experimented and tortured for being a soulless in
Lindsay
Oct 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review
Middle books are notoriously tough. And because of that, I’m never sure if I should have high expectations, or low. Obviously, I want the book to blow me away, but at the same time, deep in the recesses of my mind, I have this prepped feeling of disappointment, ready to pull out at a moment’s notice.

The first hurdle of my middle-book judgement is the recap. It is the author’s job to remind us where we left off, without causing a massive info-dump. In this case, I didn’t reread the first book (my
Dawn West
Sep 30, 2016 rated it really liked it

**Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for honest review.**

Oh, my poor heart. It hurts.

That ending was just... ugh! It can't leave me hanging like that. I wouldn't call it a cliffhanger, necessarily, but definitely left my head spinning and I am not looking forward to the wait for the third book. I never knew I could get this attached to a Dystopian series!

We once again follow the crazy journey of Nadia and Diesel as they try to survive the harsh world around the
Lauren - SERIESous Books
-- Want to know if the whole series is worth reading? Read my overall review of the whole series at seriesousbookreviews.com! Spoiler Free!

**I received a copy of this book from YA Bound Book Tours in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own and not influenced by my source.**

This was a solid sequel from start to finish.

Not only does it hit the ground running in terms of action, but it also builds in terms of the plot. I really enjoyed the dramatic developments we get throughout this
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Diesel captivated me in book one. I was not sure what to make of him. I could clearly understand Nadia’s need to have him close. He had 1100 years of strength, protection, bad-ass-ness on his side. She needed the strength and protection to make it to the next day, but she did have a healthy dose of fear of this man. While at the same time her attraction to him grew.

Everything seemed to flow flawlessly into action. We see thing begin where the first left off. I was so excited and amped up to get
Abigail
Aug 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am really excited for this. I loved the first book, just haven't got round to review it.

But yeah, hurry up and get published!
Sonja
Jan 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-ebooks
Both Diesel and Nadia are put thru hell in this book. Their wills to survive are great as they each keep going no matter how badly they are hurt. We see more of the horrors that humanity has to offer and learn that the system in place is not as secure as they want the people to think. I loved learning more about Diesel and his past as well, even as disturbing as it was at times.

Diesel and Nadia each continue to hurt the other, though not always on purpose. Diesel's love for Nadia is almost a te
Raven_Blake (dreamy addictions)
Same Review Also Posted In My Blog: Dreamy Addictions

“I received a free copy of the book from the author/publisher via Xpresso book tours in exchange for my honest review ”

“He was damaged. He was crazy. He was unpredictable and reckless, and in this stupid moment, he was mine.”

First of all, I'd like to tell you guys how much I fell in love with the cover of this book. It looks so stunning and captivating. Diesel looks freaking hot in that picture and now we finally have a face to visualize. Seco
Rosemarie Short
Nov 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I've been eagerly anticipating getting round to this since its release in September. I absolutely loved Soulless, and Soul Finder is a worthy sequel, picking up pretty much where its predecessor left off.

The thing I loved most about Soul Finder was its cast of characters. Maree is, and always has been, brutal in this series - characters stick around long enough for us to love them before we see them cruelly ripped away. The Immortal Gene Universe is a harsh and unforgiving one - the writing doe
Beth ~~Just One More Chapter I Swear~~
I just this very moment finished Soul Finder after having to first reread Soulless due to brain mushiness...It's a thing...I think...anyhow, I feel that I must go on record saying that this series has unceremoniously and repeatedly accosted my emotions..having all sense of Right and Wrong hijacked, held ransom and awaiting the final verdict found only in book #3 !! Proper words fail me at the moment BUT what I can articulate is Holy Gritty Hell shackled to a Crazy/Hot/Volatilly Codependent Love/ ...more
Caroline Fallon
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Couldn't put it down!
Jacinta Maree certainly doesn't disappoint!
I liked the complicity of the relationship between Diesel and Nadia developed further in this book- i like how Nadia isnt blinded by her feelings for him, definitely not love sick who swoons waiting for her romantic interest to save her, yes, she does crave human emotional connection but doesnt have the many centuries of life experience that Diesel has and within this story makes it complicated, beautiful journey for both Diesel and
Jossie Marie Solheim
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book, it was engaging and had a really original and interesting premise. The characters are incredibly realistic and Jacinta had a wonderful skill for world building. I won this book in a competition and so had never read anything by Jacinta before, but will definitely be purchasing and copy of the first book and any others that follow on from this one. Can't wait to see where the story goes.
Brendon Punch
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I bought Soul Finder immediately after finishing Soulless and I am glad that I did. From literal cliff hanger to cliff hanger this book had my full attention. The plot developed unexpectedly and there was never a dull moment. I can't wait to pick up my next book by Jacinta Maree; it will need to be a weekend, when I can read it in one sitting, because if it is anything like Soulless or Soul Finder I won't be able to put it down.
Lauren Campbell
Sep 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Looking forward to the next book
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone!
zoë ❅ (fallxnrobin)
The quest for a cure to end this seemingly endless reincarnation cycle continues in the action-packed second instalment of The Immortal Gene trilogy. It’s only been a few months since I read Soulless but I spent a good 20% of this book trying to recall what happened in the previous book. After that 20% had passed, the plot really started to kick in and I was hooked.

4 stars

Soulless ended with Nadia falling off a cliff and into the water below it, seeing proof that she is actually a Soulless,
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Crimson Sky (Dark Sky, #1)
  • Red the Were Hunter (Fairelle, #1)
  • The Culling (The Culling, #1)
  • Artificial (The Kepler Chronicles, #1)
  • Rising Tides
  • Kill Game (Fearless FBI, #1)
  • Captive Rebel (The Allegiance #1)
  • In the Beginning
  • Deadly Class #3
  • Fates Entwined (Halven Rising, #2)
  • The Departed (The Departed Series #1)
  • House of Wolves (The Vampire Project #1)
  • When Night Falls (Regeneration, #1)
  • Waterfall (The Water Crisis Chronicles)
  • Omen Operation (The Isolation Series #1)
  • For the Clan
  • Everything Under The Sun
  • Bleak Devotion
Born in Melbourne Australia, Jacinta Maree considers herself a chocoholic with an obsession with dragons, video gaming and Japan. She writes a variety of genres including paranormal, steampunk, horror, science fiction, dystopian and supernatural. Multiple award winner and bestselling author, Jacinta writes to bring enjoyment to others while fulfilling her own need to explore the weird and the impo ...more

The Immortal Gene (2 books)
  • Soulless (The Immortal Gene, #1)