Start by marking “Heavy Sweetness Ash-Like Frost” as Want to Read:
Heavy Sweetness Ash-Like Frost

Heavy Sweetness Ash-Like Frost

(香蜜沉沉烬如霜 #1)

In the prehistoric times, the 200,000 year of Tian Yuan, the flower deity Zi Fen dies after giving birth to a daughter. Before she passed, she fed her daughter the Unfeeling Pill, ordered her subordinates to keep the girl’s birth story a secret and to imprison her within Shui Jing for ten thousand years. The girl’s name is Jin Mi.

Four thousand years later, the Heavenly
Published (first published September 1st 2014)

Start your review of Heavy Sweetness Ash-Like Frost
Gundega (Rouzmary)
I'm actually inclined to give it 5 stars, but I guess I'll go with 4...and only because I wish we could've gotten more of the main couple together towards the end. They needed more screen time...page time?

Heavy Sweetness Ash-Like Frost is one of those few c-novels that's translated by fans. YAY for fan translations! Those people are awesome! Hurray to them!
One can read it here:
Prologue and chapters 1-7
Chapter 8-Final +epilogues
Final epilogue

The blurb is actually pretty accurate. For once.

We've
Fitria Y
May 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
I should have known it to not read this book in the morning. I couldn't do anything else except reading for the entire day. The Chinese classic romance really got the pulling to suck me in every time. The same old brand new story, but always manages to hook me nevertheless. And look how pretty the title is! *sigh*
The interesting part is how the writer writes the analogy of unfated love with making one lover (she is a water goddess) is cursed to be a tear in the eyes of her lover, so she can feel
Melisa
Edit 12 august 2018
reread the novel while waiting for the ongoing drama. Truly amazing epic love story. it's worth to enter my favourite list and deserve the 4 stars.
Fatima
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It`s been a long time that I didn`t enjoy read a fantasy-romantic story. The story takes place in the prehistorical era, in a time when the six realms were reigning independently in harmony. The realms featured in this drama are: celestial realm, floral, demon and human realm. Although the members of the first three realms enjoy immortality, who rules supreme on all six realms is the implacable god of Fate.

It follows a sweet, yet tragic love-story that will have to go through the trials of life
Oui Prophetdoll
Mar 31, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chinese-style
ความรักทีเกิด งานมโนฯของพระเอกลวนๆ
อินางเอกไมรูเรืองอะไรเลยยยยย
Lisa Dawn
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read a translation of this book because I fell in love with the Chinese drama Ashes of Love on Netflix. The novel reads exactly like a classic fairy tale, which is my favorite genre. Due to the simplicity of the writing, it would have been difficult for me to get a clear image of the rich fantasy world of gods and magic in which the story takes place if I had not already watched it on Netflix. Even the show took a few episodes for me to fully grasp the world, but the imagery was breathtakingly ...more
Anna
Jan 03, 2019 rated it liked it
My first c-novel!
It's a pity that there isn't an official translation of this book, but I'm so glad that people have sacrificed their free time to translate it. I can't imagine how hard and time consuming it must be. I heard that Dian Xian's writing is really beautiful and it's sad that I couldn't experience it myself, but I found a good translation.
I watched the drama before reading this and let me tel you that I absolutely LOVED it.
The novel was surprisingly short. I don't say this often, in
Devi Rajmohan
Sep 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
An epic tale of profound and rare love in the xianxia genre. The novel is even better than its drama adaptation.

Even the dialogues are poignant, as seen in this quote:
"That day when you came to the demon realm, ...you actually told you loved me. My heart stopped beating in that moment...I forced myself to say those cruel things to you,'Say once,kill once!'. But I knew ...if you said it once more, I would give up everything,...throwing the deepest revenge to the back of my head.."

The dialogues
Tiffany
Nov 30, 2018 rated it liked it
I decided to give this one a shot after finishing the drama. The drama has 63 episodes but to my surprise, the novel has only 25 chapters and I was like "seriously?!" I don't really like the drama because honestly, JinMi frustrated me so much there (I know I know, it's not exactly her fault to not be able to feel) so I thought I might like her a bit more in the novel, but seriously this novel is too friggin short and it's not enough to get to know the characters better!! I mean, have you seen ...more
Brenda Barrios
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Me encantó esta historia, nunca había leído nada de fantasía china y me cautivó enormemente.
Amé tanto a XuFeng y a JinMi que no puedo de amor
Akhmatova
Jul 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
i read decembi's translation and it was great
Ning
เลมนีไมคอยมีอะไรมาก
นางเอกกไปโนนทำนีไปวันๆ
ซือบือแรกๆกนารักดี
หลังๆบือเกิน เริมนาเบือ
Cherry Sawanya Munkongsujarit
°мαggιє°  (っ⚈ᴥ⚈)っ™
Despite the MANY qualms I have with this book, the romance is truly heart wrenching near the end. I love the finale so much. Although I still don't understand what makes Jin Mi so attractive to Xu Feng, the groveling, sacrificing, and genuine emotions jerked the tears right outta me. I felt like the ending was a bit abrupt and overall the novel was a little short. Some parts could've been elongated.

1rst problem: Random ass sex scene out in the open, no less. I didn't realize I was reading
Rebeca F.
Aug 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was really fun and I had a hard time placing it down, that until the drama began and then my stomach hurt and I was actually afraid to go on with the reading lol But that's usually how it goes with wuxia/xianxia.
It's more romance focused than the books I usually like, but it was still very nice. It had some lovely images (<3 Jin Mi as a tear in Xu Feng's eyes) and was pretty well written. The first part was light and funny, while the second was so dramatical it was painful to read,
Anna Anikeeva
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Monet St. Louis
that took forever to finish! I wish there was a proper English translation of this novel, I think if I was to have read it properly and not in a browser in safari I would have enjoyed it more. The story is great - though I knew it would be since I watch the Chinese drama first. I would caution those that don't enjoy Chinese lore, or at least aren't familiar with some of their stores. This would be quite confusing if you just trow yourself into the story without knowing a little backstory.
Mercedes
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Okay so on this I technically didnt read it. Its only in Chinese and I am not adapt to read Chinese. However I did watch the film series adaptation that I am told by actual readers is accurate to the story. So after watching 63 hours of the show I am saying safely and confidently that I read this story as j read the subtitles.
Kathy Chung
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a delicious read.

I decided to read this after watching the drama. Am glad that the drama followed closely to the book. Love the heroine who is so innocent and naive.

Overall this is one of the book that i dont mind to reread.
Thao
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Have read this multiple times and still as enjoyable. ...more
Rose Ann
Oh, my heart!

Now that was a ride. This had EVERYTHING I didn't know I was looking for and because it delivered spectacularly, I loved it! EASIEST 5 star rating I ever gave.

RECOMMENDED!
Mylene De Castro
Sep 04, 2018 marked it as to-read
I can’t read it can’t open
Anna
Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
A bit different from the drama, but still quite enjoyable.
abbra_kadabra
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: good, paranormal
Could not put it down! I read this after watching the 2018 drama. So funny, so sweet.
Diorajasmine
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
nice
Oyekunle Temilade
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My first full Chinese novel. So good!
Erin
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it so much ...more
Elen
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This wuxia story that I'll recomend to my co workmate.
Rie_dominique
Nov 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, family, romance
Novel ini memiliki dua bagian yang sangat bertolak belakang. Bagian pertama dipenuhi humor, cinta dan persaingan sementara bagian kedua penuh dengan rasa sakit dan kebencian.

Review lengkap baca di blog Ira Membaca: Review Heavy Sweetness Ash-Like Frosdt
Faha Solano
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I prefer the series because we get to see everybody’s point of view. Xufeng is a complete bae his passionate love! Arrg *nosebleed*
One major pro of the book: the love scenes or the “mutual cultivation” were way way better in the book.
Happy reading!!

• To the Sky Kingdom
  • Eight Treasures Trousseau (八宝妆)
  • 微微一笑很倾城 (A Slight Smile is Very Charming)
  • The Rebirth of the Malicious Empress of Military Lineage
  • 三生,忘川無殤
  • Doomed to be Cannon Fodder (炮灰女配)
  • 魔道祖师 [Mo Dao Zu Shi]
  • Demon Wang’s Golden Favorite Fei
  • Grabbing Your hand, Dragging you Away
  • To Be a Virtuous Wife
  • Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book
  • Genius Doctor: Black Belly Miss Book #1 (Genius Doctor: Black Belly Miss, #1)
  • To the Sky Kingdom Pillow Book II
  • 我不喜欢这世界,我只喜欢你
  • Sam Sam, Đến Đây Ăn Nào!
  • 如果蜗牛有爱情 - 上