Start by marking “A Promise in Defiance (Romance in the Rockies #3)” as Want to Read:
A Promise in Defiance (Romance in the Rockies #3)

A Promise in Defiance

(Romance in the Rockies #3)

A Promise in Defiance is a gripping tale of two men with dark pasts and the women who could make them...or break them.

The Reformed Saloon-Owner and Pimp...
When Charles McIntyre founded the Wild West town of Defiance, he was more than happy to rule in hell rather than serve in heaven. But things have changed. Now, he has faith, a new wife...and a ten-year-
Published June 22nd 2016 by Rivulet Publishing

To ask other readers questions about A Promise in Defiance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Promise in Defiance

✨ Gramy ✨
This series depicts three sisters that moved to the wild town of Defiance. Rebecca, Naomi, and Hannah, come to the town filled with sweetness, grace, and Christian love.

This installment picks up right where the first second left off. Life in the untamed west bring challenges that test their faith, especially when Delilah, a scandalous madam still madly in love with Mr. Charles McIntyre, intends to pay back the people she feels have failed her, by making Defiance once again a town of blat
Vicki
Jun 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A Promise in Defiance is the third of the Romance in the Rockies Series. Based in the town of Defiance. I loved it. It is so sad in places that I just wanted to cry. Other places in the book made me evaluate my own relationship with God. I wasn't preached to, I was touched. The sisters from the first two books are once again featured and it is nice to know their stories and see what their lives are like after finishing their books.

The stories of the people in Defiance are gritty, harsh, and upl
Rebecca
May 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"Greater love hath no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friend."

There are plenty of men lying down again in Defiance, Colorado, but sacrificial love has nothing to do with it. Wickedness has blown back into town in the form of Delilah Goodnight and her houses of ill repute have destroyed many a man. This time she has an investor who vows to ruin Charles McIntyre by re-introducing a growing mining town to the worst kinds of debauchery. And it just might work.

Logan Till
Noela
Aug 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The worst of lawlessness and immorality encounter God and grace in ‘A Promise in Defiance’, resulting in a battle both spiritual and physical, and shaking the mining town of Defiance to its absolute core. This powerful story will rock you as well; with Heather Blanton putting the wild back into the Wild West and illustrating how although our choices have consequences, there is always grace.

Just as Jonah from the Bible was unwilling to go to Ninevah, the former whiskey-drinking, fast-
Holly
Jun 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
A fantastic finish to an excellent series. This book picked up shortly after where book two ended. Defiance is still struggling with becoming an actual city when a new preacher and a new brothel owner arrive in town. The fireworks start shortly after the story begins and doesn’t stop until the closing pages. This book reminded me our world hasn’t changed that much. We are still dealing prejudices, all types of evil exist in our world. But we are also reminded there is grace and forgiveness throu ...more
Bhriv
May 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A Promise in Defiance, written by Heather Blanton, is the third book in this series and yet another great addition to it! A Promise in Defiance is full of excitement, romance, action, not to mention promises to keep you turning each page begging to find out what will happen next, but hoping it won't end! Beautifully written!
I just love the way that Blanton writes! Each book has a theme within it...Promises...and as usual, it has at least one couple that it focuses on. A Promise in Defiance
Kristine Morgan
Jun 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Evil walks the streets of Defiance and her name is Delilah. As with most evil,she appears beautiful and tempting, but evil always has a high price. Logan Tillaine has also come, however reluctantly, to Defiance. He is bringing the Gospel t the worst of the worst as only someone who has been redeemed from that life can. All of or friends in Defiance are also there.
Grace, the ability and desire of G-d to forgive our sins is presented in this book to the citizens of Defiance. Can G-d forgive
Nicole
Aug 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
A fast paced conclusion to the Defiance saga. This series is raw, gritty and edgy, but it is filled with hope in the middle of tragedy and light in the middle of darkness.
This book pulls no punches on showing how dark our world is without the Lord. This book reminds me of the book of Judges, and how evil will spread when we do not follow God. As we live in a lost and dark world, we have the hope that our God is with us and even when we fail, He is there waiting for us to repent.
Thoug
Connie White
Jun 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This third novel in Heather Frey Blanton's Romance in the Rockies Series is another winner. Heather is above most writers in that she makes you truly became a part of her story and care deeply about her characters. She presents deep truths about God and what it is to be a true Believer in the toughest situations people can face, whether the danger is physical, emotional, mental, especially spiritual, or even, all of the above. This book is full of excitement and twists that build and build until ...more
Loraine
Book 3 of the Romance in the Rockies series continues the story of the gold mining town of Defiance. Book 1 shows us the town filled with evil, debauchery, murder, and mayhem. But 3 sisters, Rebecca, Naomi, and Hannah, come to town filled with sweetness, grace, and Christian love. The town begins to change. Book 2 continues to show the change and growth in the townspeople and the town as the town begins to clean up its image and move toward a more Christian atmosphere. Book 3 brings a new lady t ...more
Deana Dick
Aug 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this third installment in the Romance in the Rockies series. After reading the first two , I was very anxious to see what would happen next in Defiance. The author has once again given readers a story that flows easily and has many surprises in it. The characters were amazingly well developed. It was nice to be able to revisit some of the characters from the first two books.

Is it true that anyone can change? Does God forgive everyone? This book does a great job of examining tho
Lisa Johnson
Aug 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Title: A Promise in Defiance (Romance in the Rockies #3)
Author: Heather Blanton
Pages: 308
Year: 2016
Publisher: CreateSpace
My rating is 5 stars.
Note: I received a complimentary copy for an honest review of this book from www.bookfun.org The opinions shared in this review are solely my responsibility
This series begins with the novel, A Lady in Defiance followed by Hearts in Defiance. The characters are hardy and harsh as life in the Old West was likely to have been. Heath
Mary
Aug 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
"A Promise In Defiance," by Heather Blanton is book three in the Romance In The Rockies series. A Promise in Defiance can stand alone, but you will enjoy it more if you read the first two books. This story again takes place in the small, old time, mining town of Defiance, where we meet some old and new characters.
Logan, a preacher with a past, returns to Defiance. He is doing his best to live as God would have him live, trying to make good choices, and spending lots of time in prayer, he
Victoria
Aug 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
A Promise In Defiance, Romance In The Rockies: Book Three by Heather Blanton

This book is a historical, Christian Fiction set in the gold rush days. I did not read the first two books in the series, and that was fine, but I know I would have enjoyed this more if I had read the previous two. The characters are well, but not fully developed, in my opinion. I didn't fully connect with any of them. This may have been because I did not read the previous books, I'm not sure. But, they were
Debbie
May 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Being the last book in the series Romance in the Rockies, A Promise in Defiance was a bittersweet read. I grew to love most of the characters and hate to see them go. I do feel there should have been more interaction between Charles McIntyre and his son Two Spears, but that wasn't the main premise in the story.

Again, I was on an emotional roller coaster with this book from mad to sad and happy to frustrated. Only an author as good as Heather Blanton can make that happen. I had a hard time putti
Dotty
Jul 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great continuation of the saga of the town of Defiance. This story is primarily about God's grace.The third book in this series and yet another great addition to it! A Promise in Defiance is full of excitement, romance, action, not to mention promises to keep you turning each page to find out what will happen next. Beautifully written!
Logan is a preacher that's called to Defiance and he has his work cut out for him. He is a reformed bad guy. He has a past that he has tried to learn from. A
Laura Van Nice
Jul 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
While there was a somewhat heart rending nature to the end of the series, this installment did have me thinking about what I would be willing to sacrifice for Christ. And I have to say, due to the nature of the story, it could have easily slipped over the edge into preachy, but the raw honesty of the characters prevented any kind of self-righteousness and left, instead, a sense that these could easily be people just like ones I know, people like I could be, given the right circumstances. A Promi ...more
Beth Erin
Sep 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Full review on Faithfully Bookish http://www.faithfullybookish.com/revi...

Defiance is making great strides towards respectability when preacher Logan Tillane and madame Delilah Goodnight arrive with very different goals for the town. All our favorite characters from the previous books are back and tenaciously building a future for their families. They say the darkest hour is before the dawn. A Promise in Defiance is packed with action and compassion.

I received a copy of this title from the author in exchange for a
Tammi
Jun 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book in the Romance in the Rockies series by Heather Blanton. They are the only books I've read by this author, but I do know that Ms. Blanton writes incredible Christian Westerns. These books are well researched, well written, and impossible to put down once you start reading. I read over 100 books per year, and I've never found Christian Westerns like this. The books are gritty and I wouldn't advise them for younger readers. With that being said, living as a Christian in a fa ...more
Sharon
Jul 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
No one is perfect but anyone can be forgiven... even the most degenerate wretch. God's Amazing Grace is powerful and clearly presented in and through His people in the wild but struggling to reform western frontier town of Defiance. The Preacher with a Past that comes back to bite him is an unforgettable character that makes a tremendous impact on many lives in this community even though he "fails" on numerous occasions.
Lisa
Jun 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this book! Heather always makes me sit on the edge of the seat, biting my fingernails, and this was no exception. I have read all her books, but I think this one may be my favorite. The characters are well-developed, they do things that make sense for their personality, and the message of God's relentless love for us shines through the entire story.
Earlene Click
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Promise in Defiance

I this story of the demons and devils that plagued Defiance and the faith in God and Jesus that was brought there by a sinful past filled Preacher was a unique and exciting story. I do hope you continue and write more about the futures for Naomi, Charles an Two Spears. Also about Emilio and Mollie and Hannah and Billy. Rebecca and Ian, and Mary Jane and the Marshall have more to tell as well. Don't end with unanswered questions.
Pamela Hastings
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Story!

This third book in the series continues with outstanding writing! Heather Blanton shows her her character's growth and struggles in underGrowth faith. Such well-written plots being her stories and people to life. Truly wonderful! Biblical truths are woven throughout the story.
LaToya B.
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was good but sad. I almost didn’t read it because I didn’t care for the second book that much but I’m so glad I did. I don’t quite like how it ended so I knocked off a star. I feel like it left me hanging. I would love to see another book I felt there’s more left to be told.
Peggy Clayton
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have read a few books from this author and I really enjoyed them. Same with this book it was so good and I did not want to put it down at all. I just love these westerns and this one was right up there. Heather hit a home run with this book!
Carri Kelsey
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful

What a wonderful and amazing book and series, full of misfortune and adventure, love and loss, will make you laugh and cry.
Rose Hale
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: heather-blanton
I just live these characters! So hoping that this isn't the last that we hear of Defiance!!
Trudy Cordle
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a great read!!! I loved it!! I want more!! I have to know what happens where this book ended!!!
Patsy
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There are three books in this series.The author is an outstanding storyteller. I enjoyed all the books, 'A Promise in Defiance ' is the last book in the series.

This book is a little rough around the edges with religion issues. The town had shut down two saloons and it is a calmer place to live until Delilah moves in bringing her girls with her, and a couple of virgins that she tries to auction off to the men at her new saloon. Logan, the newly Christian Minister sees Delilah and realised that
Melissa Ahlersmeyer
Oct 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I don't like to giveaway details of books in reviews so I'm just going to tell you a little bit about why you should read A Promise in Defiance or any of Heather Blanton's other books for that matter.

A Promise in Defiance is without a doubt my favorite of this three part Romance in the Rockies series so far. This story is so natural as a follow up to book two, Hearts in Defiance. If you haven't read books one or two believe me, you need to.

I love the way Heather weaves th
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Jun 24, 2016 10:49AM

• Making Scandal (The Essien Trilogy, #2)
  • My Secrets of Survivorship (Ultimate Survivorship #1)
  • The Echo of Her Presence (Archangel, #3)
  • The Young Madonna
  • High Season: The Learnings of Mohammad Wang
  • In the Mood
  • Overfished Ocean Strategy: Powering up Innovation for a Resource-Deprived World
  • Music for Love or War
  • Moristoun
  • Hanging Out for a Living
  • Killing Pilgrim
  • Heart To Heart (Angelica Brown #2)
  • Elephant Secret
  • Love Under Siege: A Huguenot Romance
  • Nature's Christmas Story
  • Rolling Bones
  • The Muskokans
  • The Seeker
“Heather Blanton is blessed with a natural storytelling ability, an ‘old soul’ wisdom, and wide expansive heart. Her characters are vividly drawn, and in the western settings where life can be hard, over quickly, and seemingly without meaning, she reveals Larger Hands holding everyone and everything together.”
MARK RICHARD, EXECUTIVE PRODUCER, AMC’S HELL ON WHEELS, and PEN/ERNEST HEMINGWAY AW

Romance in the Rockies (3 books)
  • A Lady in Defiance (Romance in the Rockies #1)
  • Hearts in Defiance (Romance in the Rockies #2)