Start by marking “Man Candy” as Want to Read:
Man Candy

Man Candy

4.05  ·  Rating Details ·  5,804 Ratings  ·  835 Reviews
He’s back.

Not just back in town, but living in the flat right beneath mine. And he looks good enough to eat, which is just one more reason to stay away from him.

But I can’t resist.

Published June 20th 2016 by MH Publishing

Ang~Dirty Laundry Review
Man Candy by Melanie Harlow is dreamy perfection! I love watching authors get better with each book and Melanie is no exception. Her writing and voice continue to grow with each new novel, and I know when I pick up one of her books that I’ll fall in love.

Our heroine Jaime Owens (love that last name!) is atypical for a romance novel. She’s not waiting around for her prince to rescue her or to fall in love. She’s all about focusing on her career and her friends. When it comes to love, she’s a lov
Karen
Apr 21, 2016 Karen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-best-reads
I have a clear instruction that you MUST follow. Read all the way through the acknowledgments and find a Dima diamond.

Now the book. With a fizz in my heart and a butterfly in my stomach I met Quinn Rusek. He is my sweet pea. Please don't tell my husband that because I am his actual sweet pea. He has called me it FOREVER. I totally swear on my life. It made bonding with my new bbf so easy.

For the first half of this book I giggled and chuckled. I started reading on a train journey home from meeti
Hilary
Apr 20, 2016 Hilary rated it it was amazing
Are you ready to meet your next unforgettable, swoon-worthy book boyfriend?! The answer should be emphatically YES!!! Quinn Rusek has captured my heart and ran away with it.

Sexy, funny and addicting, this new romance from the amazingly talented Harlow will leave you looking for a Quinn Rusek of your own. He is a book boyfriend you need to have in your life, as much as it pains me to share him.

Quinn Rusek is an Adonis. Truly! He is a male model looking for the ‘more’ in life and heads home to De
***ARC Provided by the author***

Melanie Harlow is a favorite of mine. A drop everything I am reading to read her new book favorite. There are a number of reasons for this: her characters are genuine; her writing flows and is a pleasure to read; she tells stories of people I would want to know in real life; she describes scenes and settings in a way that I feel like I am there.

Man Candy was a bit of a different story. It is usually the woman in the story who knows how she feels and the man who is
Shayna
I KNEW IT! I just knew that I would LOVE the crap out of this book! Melanie Harlow can DO NO WRONG! TONS of laugh out loud moments and sexy good times, with SO MUCH HEAT you'll be BEGGING for more! WOW! That was the BEST first chapter I've ever read!

MAN CANDY made me deliriously happy! Jaime and Quinn were PERFECT together. Harlow always takes romantic comedy to a new level. Each of her books fill me with a sense of joy and giddiness that I can't get anywhere else. It's so much more than sex, l
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4.5 Stars

You don't believe in love anymore?"
"Not the romantic kind. That's a fantasy used to sell things like lipstick and roses and diamonds."

Melanie Harlow books are my happy place. The quirky humor, the steam, the ridiculously endearing characters she writes, all of it simply does it for me. Man Candy was yet another reason why she's become my go-to author when I'm in the mood for something cute and steamy.

I love the older brother's best friend trope, so of course I gobbled this up with a f
Candi~Dirty Laundry Review
Apr 21, 2016 Candi~Dirty Laundry Review rated it it was amazing
It's official. Melanie Harlow has turned me into a bookwhore. And that would kinda make her my pimp. But I'm ok with that! After every single one of her books I finish, I say "ohhh THIS is my new favorite!!" Or "he is my favorite of all of Melanie's men!" And Quinn is no different. I freaking loved him!!! He is the perfect guy! This whole damn book I devoured the instant I started reading!
What I loved about Man Candy was the pacing of the story. Not once was I bored! From the first few pages, t
Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦
4.5 Stars!!

description

If you haven’t read anything by this author, 'Man Candy' is the perfect book to start with. Melanie Harlow's newest release was the perfect blend of humor and steam and I had a blast reading it. I devoured it from start to finish and I honestly enjoyed it tremendously. While older brother’s best friend trope in not my favorite one, I found this one to be a fantastic read. This fun and sexy little gem made me laugh, grin and smile like a lunatic.

“Sometimes being with someone from yo
Karen Mc ~ Bookalicious Babes Blog
Man Candy is a sweet, sassy, and smoldering friends-to-lovers story that hugs the heart and seduces the soul, casting a spell that remains long after the last page. Sugar and spice. Fire and ice. A captivating contradiction. A delicious delight. Man Candy is a beautiful and brilliant present you want to devour yet take your time as it is pure page and panty-pounding pleasure. Melanie Harlow makes magic, weaving a web of allure, angst, and addiction in Man Candy, her best work yet.

I could not w
Margaret
Apr 21, 2016 Margaret rated it it was amazing
Man Candy is 5 star Decadent, Delightful, Sexy Stars!!!

When Melanie Harlow writes a new book, there
is never a doubt in my mind that I will push
everything else aside and read the talent of
Melanie's words that flow so effortlessly that
you cannot stop reading. Melanie's imagination
and the way she can write both points
of view, she shines. The conversations, the humor,
the journey of her characters, the settings.
It's all within the pages of her books.

Jamie will pull at your heartstrings. She's wit
Wendy'sThoughts
Jun 13, 2016 Wendy'sThoughts rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Melanie Harlow Fans, Romance
5 Pushing All The Right Buttons Stars
* * * **
Melanie Harlow is like that saying of the little girl who when she is good, she's great. I love the way Harlow can take a scene and make me laugh out loud in the middle of the night with total abandon because the writing is that good. In Man Candy, she accomplished that without any effort at all... it was seamless and perfect.

This is a tale of where the man is the one who recognizes the importance of connecting; of finding that one person who will b
Melissa | Slow Reader's Blog
Originally posted on Slow Reader's Blog

Well here I am again, in love with another Melanie Harlow novel. I figured this would happen. With each successive release her books continue to impress me and I find so many new things to love about her writing. And just as her most recent releases have, Man Candy brings the big three H’s - humor, heat, and heart.

If you don’t already know, romantic comedies are not my go-to reads. The humor is usually over the top, way too cheesy or ill timed. Many times i
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Apr 21, 2016 Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads rated it it was amazing
FOLLOW ME ON: FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | BLOG

So here's the thing, I have a MAJOR crush on Melanie Harlow's books!!!!!

MAJORRRRRRRRRRRRR!

I can't stop reading them.
I can't stop wanting them.

Every time she releases a novel, I get SO FRIGGIN HAPPY! It's an exciting thing. She is a GO TO author for me. A "drop your life, read-read-read-NOW" author. I'm CRAZY IN LOVE WITH HER NOVELS. I find them to be the sweetest, funniest, sexiest, most consistently amazing books.

Not only does she write kic
Fiction Fangirls
Jun 20, 2016 Fiction Fangirls rated it it was amazing
Jaime's Review
5 Stars
Ok, first I have to acknowledge how much I enjoyed picturing myself as Jaime alongside Dima Gornovskyi as Quinn. It made for a pretty awesome reading experience. Well, that and the fact that the story itself was pretty awesome.

Most importantly, I LOVED that it was the female who pushed for a FWB arrangement because she doesn't believe in love or happy ever afters. This whole book was like a giant role reversal from the norm in romances and I loved it even more because of th
Jen
4.5 Love Bug Stars

All I’d wanted was a little man candy, and he was offering me an entire meal.

Confession time. I had to psych myself up before I started Man Candy. To say my last couple of reads have been less than stellar would be the understatement of the century. Between the book where the dude complained about his schlong being too big and the book I was supposed to love but didn’t, I needed this to be good. Scratch that. I needed this to be fan-FREAKING-tastic! Luckily, I got my wish.

As a
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo free neon Pi7 by sb_zps159tywwc.gif

FREE on Amazon US today (2/19/2017)

Stand-alone.
FREE: https://www.amazon.com/Man-Candy-Mela...
BLURB:
He’s back.

But I can’t resist.

The sex is incredible (pretty sure we’ve shaken the house right off its foundation), but he can’t fool me—not this time. A degree in marketing and five years in advertising have taught me that “true love” is a fairy tal
Rachel Reads Ravenously
3.75-4 stars!

Man Candy was a funny and intense read! Jaime threw herself at her brother's best friend Quinn when she was a teenager and he rejected her. Now ten years later she still feels that rejection, and it's brought to the surface when he moves into the apartment below her while his place is ready. The two embark on a sexual relationship, but Jaime doesn't believe in love and wants a no strings attached situation. Quinn decides it's up to him to prove to her love exists.

I love role rever
Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog
Sometimes being with someone from your past is like going home again. No matter how long it's been, you don't forget the way."

4.5 stars!

I think I've found my favorite 2016 Book Boyfriend. I am in love. Make way for Quinn Rusek, everyone!

(Yes, he's the man in the cover of Man Candy. @dimagornovskyi on IG)

I've never mentioned this before, but aside from the fake-relationship/marriage trope, I gush over the big brother's best friend love trope. No, I don't have a big brother, so I'm not projecting
Jilly
Oct 16, 2016 Jilly rated it really liked it
Funny, cute, smutty - perfect chick-lit.

Jaime, our girl had her heart broken by Quin when she was a teenager with a crush. Since then she has grown up to be kind of a cynic. She loves her girlfriends, her brother, her job, and has the eating habits of a college student. She's not a fan of the mushy stuff or the feels. I really liked this girl....

Plus, she mentions her hatred of lizards. If you have ever seen me in the presence of a lizard (I live in Texas - they are literally hanging out on my p
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
4 'I Will' Stars!

This was much needed after my last read! I was looking for something light in drama, funny and sexy: Man Candy was a great decision for me!

I enjoyed this story a lot, I loved the writing and I really loved Quinn, so no complains on those departments.. Definitely, this will not be my last book by Melanie Harlow!
Sabrina
Dec 19, 2016 Sabrina rated it really liked it
This book had me like...

The characters...

The story...

I really enjoyed this one and I can't believe I waited this long to read a book from this author. I liked the writing style and how the story kept a pretty fast pace, but never got too fast that we started to miss things. The connection between Jaime and Quinn was a hot one and I loved reading about these two. It was nice that they didn't take forever to get together but that even when they were finally admitting their feelings for one another
Jenny
Jun 07, 2016 Jenny rated it really liked it

Okay, I haven't done this before and since I don't know what to say about this book that hasn't already been said, I'm doing my review in relation to my favorite quotes in this book.

"The one girl I couldn't have was the one I wanted." Yes, this hot, yet bang my kindle on the wall, kind of book is exactly that kind. However, it really wasn't that kind of book, the one where he couldn't have her. He could have her, also could have had her, had he actually tried. Yes there are circumstances, but h
Michelle
COPY provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo 32f25d6057b5b475cd6cc9ce72f089_zpsh5z2yeye.gif

Addicted. That’s right, I’m seriously addicted to Melanie Harlow and the fact that she wrote one of my favorite trope of best friend’s little sister romance, I knew that I would be once again be spellbinded by her latest new release, Man Candy.

Man Candy was fresh, sexy, sweet, raw and deliciously addicting. Melanie Harlow has redefined the best friend’s little sister romance trope as she put in her fun twist as she made the heroine, Jaime
Lucy
Apr 28, 2016 Lucy rated it it was amazing
*Advanced Reader Copy received in exchange for an honest review*

QUINN RUSEK for the WIN!! Guys, I just finished what has to be the most perfect Romantic Comedy I've read this year. Really. It's pitch perfect and gives you all of the feels with none of the cheese and is so ridiculously hot that you will blush!

First let's just hail this BEAUTIFUL cover. The muse for Quinn, is perfectly cast - so much so that I wondered if she rewrote parts after she found the model. Even the bumblebee is an ode t
Give Me Books
Jun 20, 2016 Give Me Books rated it it was amazing
There's a certain type of book boyfriend that I find completely irresistible. I mean, I like all kinds of things (and I'm pretty vocal about what I like), but there's one particular type that just completely owns me—and Quinn Rusek is exactly that type of book boyfriend.

Funny. Cocky. Incorrigible. He laughs at rules and thumbs his nose at boundaries and does all these things while somehow remaining respectful, adorable, and safe. He has an incredible sense of humor, sharp wit, a playful personal
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
♦ ETA: Kindle freebie 2/8/17 ♦

4 ★'s

So I read After We Fall having no idea that the main character's best friend, Jaime, already had her own book out. I was really curious about her and her boyfriend, Quinn, and just had to read more.

And OMG...these two were pretty amazing. Quinn is Jaime's brother's best friend and they all grew up together. Jaime always felt the connection and finally confesses to him that she's in love with him and what does he do? He laughs at her, of course.

Thankfully, w
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)
I’ve loved everything Melanie Harlow has written, and while Man Candy has the witty and sexy feel that I’ve come to expect from her work, it wasn’t a total winner for me.

Jaime doesn’t believe in true love. In fact, she’s allergic to meaningful relationships with men. Although sex with Quinn is phenomenal, she’s determined to guard her heart by sticking to a strict set of dating rules. Of course, Quinn wants more than a no-strings arrangement.

I don’t fault the quality of the writing. My main pro
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

I loved it.
VERRRRRY sexy/erotic. VERY funny. VERY adorable.

Only a tiny little bit too short. It ends too soon. First of all we have no epilogue - I don't like that. And secondly the book ends around the 90% mark of the ebook :/
And a tiiiny little thing that...well, not really bothered me, but .... FLAT. Back when I was in school (in the last millennium) we learned that FLAT was british english for apartment. But even though nobody is british in this book and the author isn't either, the word FL
Jen
Aug 01, 2016 Jen rated it really liked it
4.5 Sweet Pea Stars!

I was in the mood for something sweet and Man Candy hit the spot. This was my first "taste" of Melanie Harlow and I really enjoyed it. I'm a sucker for the brother's best friend and little sister trope and I got my fill with this book.

At seventeen, Jaime threw all caution to the wind and confessed her love to Quinn, her brother's best friend, but he didn't return that love. That experience isn't one that she's been able to forget. In fact, in has a lot to do with how she view
Gio
Jun 21, 2016 Gio rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun
Sweet
Low Angst
Safe No OW/OM Drama
  • Licked (L.A. Liaisons, #1)
  • Game Maker (Game, #2)
  • Forget
  • Sizzle
  • The Perfect Stroke (Lucas Brothers #1)
  • Chaser (Bad Habits, #2)
  • Stripped
  • No Pants Required
  • Lawyers in Love, Books 1 & 2 Boxed Set
  • Without End: A Melrose Shops Novel
  • Tapping Her (Billionaire Bad Boys, #1.5)
  • The Club Trilogy
  • The One
  • Hustler
  • Felony Ever After
  • End This War
  • Play Maker
  • Bossman
Melanie Harlow likes her martinis dry, her heels high, and her history with the naughty bits left in. She writes contemporary and historical romance from her home near Detroit, MI.
More about Melanie Harlow...

“You’re right about serious relationships not being all hearts and flowers and orgasms, Jaime. That’s falling in love. Over time, it’s not that anymore. It takes work. It takes trust and sacrifice and faith in something you can’t see. It means sticking the fuck around when you’re scared or tempted or angry. It’s knowing that someone has your back and will be there at the end of your best days and your worst. It’s understanding that you’re part of something bigger than yourself, and fighting for it. I know it’s rare.” I” 5 likes
“I’ll stay home with my Kindle and my cat. They never disappoint.” 3 likes