Start by marking “Agony of Being Me” as Want to Read:
Agony of Being Me

Agony of Being Me

New Release on Amazon * Kindle * Paperback

For some girls, life is a romance novel; for others, a horror story. Zoe Channing has it all: beauty, brains, talent. She owns the heart of high school hottie, Jesse Sinclair. Shes the star of the school play, with love at her fingertips, but just before her sixteenth birthday, tragedy strikes, setting her on a solo course back
Published June 2016 by Water Forest Press

To ask other readers questions about Agony of Being Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Agony of Being Me

Reviewed by: Tammy Payne- Book Nook Nuts
My Rating: 5 Stars

REVIEW

New to me author

Zoe is young and still in high school. She is very talented and beautiful in her own way. She meets Jesse who is the high school heartthrob.
Jesse and his brother are battling demons of their own in this story and now Zoe has her demons after a horrible tragedy finds its way into her life.

Although young, these two
Jill Lapin-Zell
Apr 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is not your average teenage angst story. In this captivating novel, Victoria Valentine takes teenage angst to new heights. She removes the stigma of teenage angst as being trivial and unimportant and takes it to a level on which everyone can relate. Zoe and Jesse have to navigate through their separate demons and very real, tragic situations to find their way into each others lives. The result is an evocative and engrossing novel.

This book is daring. An author does not write better than
Angela Cruz
Aug 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a young adult read with sexual abuse, only one scene but it haunts the victim daily. I recommend this for young adults and adults only, due to the sexual content and language. This is a two part book, part two is Finding You. This is the first book I have read by this author and I really enjoyed her style of writing, she took young adult to another level for me. And what a raw emotion to describe in such detail, I could feel Zoe's pain, I knew her pain, she is handed two life grief ...more
Tammy Huckabee
Jul 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
**Trigger Warning** There is a scene of sexual abuse.
Zoe Channing lives the perfect life. She has parents who love nothing more than her, she's incredibly smart, talented, and although she's only a freshman in high school, she has captured the eye of her crush, senior Jesse Sinclair. What more could she ever dream of? How about her world not crash down around her.

Jesse Sinclair is sought out by every girl, no matter the age. Jesse is the whole package; sweet, charming, loyal, hard-working,
Heather Chrisco
Jun 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was gifted Agony of Being Me to beta and give an honest review. This story deals with sensitive sudject, but Victoria did a great job creating the characters and ensuring the book was realistic. Zoe and Jesse are your typical high school students until Zoe's life was changed by trauma, not once, but twice. Jesse wants to be her hero, but she isn't ready to be carried off on the white horse just yet. This book takes you through Zoe dealing with the trauma(s) and how life must go on. It shows ...more
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
Wow, this book was intense. I felt so sorry for the main character, Zoe in this story. It's a real life problem that happens to teenage girls and the author did a spectacular job of writing about something that is a tough subject to overcome, especially in teenage girls. I could actually feel Zoe's emotions flow through the pages of this story. This book is not for the faint of heart but I do highly recommend this story for all to read.

CAUTION: READER DISCRETION IS ADVISED
Underground Book Reviews
Nov 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
A gritty and hard-hitting exploration in young adult voice and characterisation. Not for the faint hearted, strong issues are dealt with and experienced from the teenagers points of view, and the narrative voice is excellent.

Read the rest of this review at UndergroundBookReviews.org
Ellie Williams
Jun 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Oh, my god, I broke my heart with this read. I love January (Victoria) Valentine's work, I'm a massive fan and this didn't let me down at all. A little different from what January (Victoria) normally writes but I love this new bold comeback. Looking forward to continuing the read with Finding you.
John Pasquale
Muffy Wilson
January Valentine
Aug 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Jayden
Carol McFarlane
Betty
Joanne
Jun 12, 2016
Goodreads Librari...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Moving book from original acct to Author acct 7 36 Jun 05, 2016 01:01PM
Kindle version available no on Amazon 1 2 Jun 01, 2016 04:20PM
2 Novels 1 Story 1 1 Apr 26, 2016 05:46PM
I've been writing since I was a child, and have boxes of unfinished, unpublished stories as well as three novels. I also write romance as January Valentine.

About 11 years ago, I began publishing online ezines that led to beautiful literary magazines that were distributed across the country. After a few years, I switched over to the publication of Literary Anthologies and Poetry Digests that appear