Start by marking “Hidden In Ashes (A'yen's Legacy, #5)” as Want to Read:
Hidden In Ashes (A'yen's Legacy, #5)

Hidden In Ashes

(A'yen's Legacy #5)

Childhood enmity turns to love, with one problem: his heart isn't his to give.

Lorin is a daro, a Lokmane man trained to make humans feel special and valued. As Prime of Arkos House, no one stands between him and the safety of the daros under his care—except his mistress. The dead one, and the new one. He needs to focus on the Essence crisis infiltrating the Houses, and his
Published May 16th 2016 by Rachel L. Smith

To ask other readers questions about Hidden In Ashes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hidden In Ashes

Start your review of Hidden In Ashes (A'yen's Legacy, #5)
Pippa Jay
Jun 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
What I liked:
As always, Smith delivers a well written and emotional twister of a tale with a rich and culturally diverse background that builds on her universe. And while the longest book of the series so far, I didn't feel that the overall story dragged or got tedious.

What I didn't like:
This just didn't grab me or give me the intense emotional impact of the other books. I think the tension and threats to the characters could all have been cranked up a notch throughout and/or the resolution of t
Winter
Oct 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I've been with this series as long as the author, since it's conception, because, admittedly the author and I are writing partners.

When she introduced Lorin to me, I feel in love. Don't get me wrong, I loved A'yen, but there's something about Lorin that floored me. The whole world in which Lorin lives and moves is fascinating, and Rachel's imagination is left to run wild with this one. Once you open this and begin reading, you're sucked in, rooting for both characters to overcome their conflicts
Deb
Apr 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Fiction
(Mature Adults 18+) Once again I am blown away & almost speechless! “Hidden In Ashes” is the 5th book from A’yen’s Legacy- an 'out of this world' series (a setting that literally is, and then also figuratively speaking) where each book exceeds the previous 5-star book! **I must point out that this novel is for (Mature Adults 18+) who can handle some graphic parts that include different types of abuse...

I normally don't choose books that are violent, too gritty, or have warnings about abuse, but
Laurel
An up-front warning - this book is not for the faint of heart, or those unable to deal with abuse, including physical, emotional and sexual. There are some graphic descriptions of abuse: while most action is off-page, it is discussed on-page.

This is, I think one of Smith's gentler novels, but at the same time, she still takes her time taking your heart apart piece by piece - and at one point, she certainly ripped mine to shreds - and then patches it all back together again ready for the end.

My g
Danielle Goodwin
May 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Rachel Leigh Smith's "Hidden in Ashes" is the fifth tale in the A'yen's Legacy series. Again, this series takes my breath away. The web is woven more and more masterfully at each step! I love, love, love the mythology and how the markings and cascades work. Sunny and Lorin...mmmm....so hawt! I hope we get to hear more of their continuing story later. I can't wait to keep reading this series, I hope it never ends!
Ricky Spykes
Feb 19, 2018
Angela Fenn
Aug 21, 2016
Rachel Smith
Apr 20, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Philipa
Aug 02, 2019
Felicia
May 18, 2020
Rachel Smith
Apr 20, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Sandra Crow
Carol Moore
May 26, 2019
Goodreads Librari...: Add new book to A'yen's Legacy 3 17 Apr 20, 2016 02:26PM

• Spells for the Solitary Witch
  • Dragon Mystics (Supernatural Prison #2)
  • The Naked Truth
  • Hunting Memories (Vampire Memories, #2)
  • Blood Memories (Vampire Memories, #1)
  • Shifter's Innocent (One True Mate, #4)
  • Redemption (Penton Legacy, #1)
  • Earth (Walker Saga, #7)
  • Omega (Penton Legacy, #3)
  • Touch For Health: The Complete Edition
  • Allegiance (Penton Legacy, #4)
  • Owned (The Billionaire Banker, #1)
  • The Art of Self Muscle Testing: For Health, Life and Enlightenment
  • Infinity Chronicles
  • Infinity Chronicles (Infinity Chronicles #1)
  • Mated to the Alien Dragon (Celestial Mates)
  • Protect Me (The Rossi Crime Family, #1)
  • Claimed (Death Dealers MC #3)
Rachel Leigh Smith was swept off her feet at the age of six by Magnum, P.I., then again at nine by Frank Hardy. She remembers her favorite romance novels by the hero’s name, so of course she writes romance for the hero lover. She lives in central Louisiana with her family, a half-crazed calico, a ginger tabby lion, and a menagerie of book boyfriends.

A'yen's Legacy (7 books)
  • My Name Is A'yen (A'yen's Legacy, #1)
  • The King's Mistress (A'yen's Legacy, #2)
  • To Save A Life (A'yen's Legacy, #3)
  • Freedom's Embrace (A'yen's Legacy, #4)
  • Essence of Loyalty (A'yen's Legacy, #6)
  • Echoes of Paradise (A'yen's Legacy, #7)

News & Interviews