Start by marking “Crystal Crowned (Air Awakens, #5)” as Want to Read:
Crystal Crowned (Air Awakens, #5)

Crystal Crowned

(Air Awakens #5)

Long live Solaris. One bloodthirsty ruler has been overthrown by another, casting the shadow of death over the Solaris Empire. Vhalla Yarl stands upon the stage of fate, prepared to do battle one final time. Fragile alliances will be tested and new bonds will be formed as the world is reshaped. She fights as the champion of peace, but when the night is darkest will she be ...more
Published July 12th 2016 by Silver Wing Press

To ask other readers questions about Crystal Crowned, please sign up.
Elise Kova I wish I had a glamorous answer for this... but it honestly was that's where the series ended in my drafts. When I was drafting I wasn't doing it for …moreI wish I had a glamorous answer for this... but it honestly was that's where the series ended in my drafts. When I was drafting I wasn't doing it for "publication" so I just let it flow naturally. When I was publishing I had a similar mentality approaching my rewrites, that I would work to make it the best story I could and it ended where it ended. That just happened to be five books for the "Air Awakens Series".(less)
Elise Kova I do have some Golden Guard Novellas planned, I know at least Jax and Baldair will be getting their own points of view in these stories.
I've always sa…more
I've always said that the Air Awakens world is large so there's a possibility for even more beyond these... But first, I'm focused on The Alchemists of Loom!(less)
YA Novels of 2016
1,129 books — 9,718 voters
City of Bones by Cassandra ClareClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareRed Queen by Victoria AveyardClockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareWinter by Marissa Meyer
YA Fantasy Romance
233 books — 366 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Crystal Crowned (Air Awakens, #5)
Katerina
Apr 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, fantasy, favorites
“This is but a night. The sun will rise again, and I stand with the dawn.”

I don't want to write this review. Because when it's done, when I press Save, a huge and important chapter of my life will be over. I am one of those readers who get emotional pretty frequently, but the feelings this series have evoked are more powerful than a storm. Not all of them were pleasant, but they were real, and devastating, and I wouldn't trade them with anything in this world.

I won't talk about the
Ben Alderson
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
You know I said I was going to take my time with this book?
Well, I lied. I couldn't get enough of it. I am so glad I have finished this series. I have been craving a series to read and falling into this one was more then I could of asked for... if you are reading this.... READ AIR AWAKENS BOOK ONE!
Lerizza Mae (books&teacups)
Long live Solaris!

I cannot believe that it's finished! I lived with my beloved characters for a week and a day, and now it's time to say goodbye to them. But even if I've finished reading this series, it doesn't mean that I will forget it. No. I won't. This series will forever have a place on my heart. A place reserved for the best books that I had the pleasure to read. A little nook that I will seek from time to time. That is how much I have fallen in love with this series.

But what is a great s
Ann (annreads)
Dec 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, own
*Reread February 2017*

“We all believe in you two. We are all fighting for you. Do you know why?” She shook her head. She didn’t have the faintest idea.
“Because you two represent something, something more than you do individually. You are the impossible dreamers. The two who took on fate to be together. No one believed you could be anything. More than once, you both strove for more, for dreams that you should’ve never dreamed.”

After spending almost a month rereading this books, I can officially a
Pamela J. (Fantasy Book Nook)
Only a few hours lef to win a paperback copy! Runs until midnight (EST) July 8th, 2016.
Enter at: http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/disp...
Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie
4.5 Stars

"What are we fighting for?" Vhalla closed her eyes for a moment but all she saw was blood. Blood of her allies. Blood of her enemies. Enough blood to drown in ten times over.
"What will be left when the wars are done?"

Out of the five books in this series this one is probably the one with the most bittersweet mood and in more ways than one. Crystal Crowned is the last book in the Air Awakened series, this series has put me through the emotional ringer from the very beginning but the l
Brittney ~ Reverie and Ink
Okay I'm going to keep this short and sweet. I've had some time to think about it now.

First, I adore Elise Kova and her work on this series. I've had an absolute blast going through it- and she definitely put me through some emotional trauma in the process.

While this book was a great resolution for all our characters, I felt like a little bit of the magic was lost since *certain things* between *certain people* were resolved in the last installment. I kinda wish that had bled over into this boo
Erika (The Nocturnal Fey)
Read this review at The Nocturnal Fey

(I received an advanced copy from the author in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book.Thank you, Elise)

Oh boy, it really ended. It's done. The curtains closed. I'm done. Where is life? What is life... if there's no Aldrik and Vhalla? And Jax? And Fritz? And Golden Guards? And... and... Solaris Empire?

Well, yup! This will be my final Air Awakens review (I'm here hoping for a novella real soon!). It's not like I can avoid th
rin
I can't believe that (view spoiler). Yeah, I'm still Bitter and Pressed and Not-Getting-Over-It.

5 of 10.
I guess this review will not be a proper review, but me just being mad at some things that made me too uncomfortable. Take it with a grain of salt, because at some points it just might be reaching.

So, about this book. I didn't like it at all. This book is the book I liked the least in the series. After an excellent start (Air Awakens and Fire Falling
Lucie V.
Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, fantasy
“Every chance worth taking will make you a little scared. That means you're taking a risk. And where there is risk, there is reward.”

I really wish that I could have read this series at a slower pace just so I could enjoy it a little longer, but this is the kind of series that you just can't stop reading.

This series definitely was an emotional one to read. The author has a way to write the characters' emotions in such a vivid way... I felt joy, love, hope, sorrow, and despair along with th
Maggie ☘
What an ending! Despite feeling, in general, like it could have easily been a trilogy instead of five book series, I honestly can't have enough of this. And I'm interested to see what the prequel series is about!
The world building gets more pronounced somewhere in the middle of this series, but is still not overly original. The writing style is, honestly, not that much to look at. The plot is always engaging, (view spoiler)
Umaiya ❄️Ramblings of a Scattered Mind❄️
Okay so before you read any further, the following review is going to contain SPOILERS from:

1)Air Awakens
2)Fire Falling
3)Earth's End
4)Water's Wrath

If you have a problem with that STOP here.

Bye bye!

Well what do you know, you're still here.
Hi!
Okay, I have no idea, where to begin with this...

I was so pleasantly surprised when I finished this book. I mean the first book was amazing, I was so HOOKED and then I read the following books and yeah they too were going great but not as much as the first
Bianca {Until The Last Page}
5 stars for the very striking, impressive, dramatic, and lovely cover. This is definitely my favourite artwork from the series!

But 3 stars for the story. I had high expectations on this one since it's the last book of the series, but it just fell short. Most of the scenes were really slow and dragging, but certain events and resolutions felt too rushed for me. Things were just happening way too conveniently for Vhalla. Also, some of the characters that we've known from the beginning were just on
✩ Yaz ✩
Nov 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 - ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

"Golden wings and suns were emblazoned upon nearly every breast. They looked to her for strength; they believed her wings would never be still, that she really had risen from the dead. It was a mantle she never wanted but had no choice in wearing. There was precious little hope, and, as the giant crystal wall closing the border of South and West came into view, Vhalla knew they needed all the hope they could get."

Crystal Crowned is the epic conclusion to the Air Awakens series. It's
Cassandra (Thebookishcrypt)
*ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review*
HAPPY 5TH RELEASE DAY TO MY #1 FAVORITE AUTHOR OF ALL TIME!!!!
"I am the wind, Aldrik, but you are the compass point to which my passions gust."
Welp, the time has come to wave goodbye to this spectacular series and most important of all, my babies Aldrik and Vhalla. Jesus. I am devastated. I don't know how to start this review. I'm being overwhelmed with feelings that I felt when I finished this book last month. I feel as if I just finished
Rose
Dec 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Rating: 4.5

Well....Elise Kova has done it again and delivered a magnificent finale to an amazing series! After spending the past 9 months, waiting for another Air Awakens book to come out or reeling from the book hangover the previous one left me in, I'm not at all ready to say goodbye to these characters.

Crystal Crowned has a vastly darker tone in comparison to the previous books, as the Solaris Empire grapples with the destruction caused by the Crystal Caverns and, Vhalla and Aldrik struggle
Henz
May 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, fantasy
"We're all just carnal beings, hunting, clawing, seeking to consume each other to fill the holes we've carved into our hearts from trying to scrape out our own inadequacies."

When I started reading this series, frankly I was not impressed with how Elise Kova created this world because the powers are kinda similar to the Avatar TV series but then it took on a different direction to where I want it to be. I really like how Vhalla Yarl's character development as well as Prince Aldrik but
˗ˏˋliaˎˊ˗
Feb 23, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2021-reads
“so when you say you fight for peace, people believe it. because you have cheated death and fate.”

what an absolute ride this series has been! as much as some things or characters might have frustrated me throughout, i am still so very happy to have pushed through and to have come to this point where the epilogue of the last book in this series has crushed me.

elise kova has a way with words that just absolutely sucks me in and it’s basically that once i pick up the book, i cannot stop for a goo
majo
How can i even begin with the Air Awakens series?

This was an emotional journey, that's for sure. I LOVED the first two books, but with books fourth and fifth the story become a little disappointing (for me). And I was so fucking afraid to read this, the final book, and hate it, because this series had a goddamn-freaking good beginning.

I was completely wrong. This book was freaking awesome. I LOVED IT. I feel like the Air Awakens series is one of my favorites series of all time now. Yes, it has
ambsreads
3.5 STARS

Okay, this book wasn't bad but it was a bit tedious to get through. There was so much filler information that let me bored out of my mind. Not only that, but the story was incredibly repetitive throughout the middle - so, a strong beginning and end.

I just found myself growing annoyed at the characters as character development came and quickly disappeared because of dumb situations would could have had this book so much shorter.

I still love Aldrik and Vhalla but boy are they dumb this
Marianne Moresco
Jan 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I need a sequel, a collection of novellas, anything please! Something was lacking in this one, I don't know exactly what to think of it.. but it was a good conclusion nonetheless! I'll miss these characters.
Ps. Jax is bae
Melissa (thereaderandthechef)
This review can also be found on The Reader and the Chef. Thanks to the author for the review copy in exchange of my honest opinion.

Actual Rating: 3.5 stars

It's over. I've finally reached the end of the Air Awakens series. I am sad, because this series has taken me into a wild, fast-paced, magical journey in the last year and it has set some high standards when it comes to action-packed fantasy series. Elise Kova is an extraordinary writer, EXTREMELY FAST writer, and one of the nicest authors ou
Hailee (haibooklovers)
May 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya
Actual Rating: 3.5 Stars

Dudes, if you haven’t read the first four books in the Air Awakens series (Air Awakens, Fire Falling, Earth’s End, and Water’s Wrath), you best scootch on out of here. There shall be spoilers aplenty.

Truthfully, I was terrified to start this book. Several reasons. One, Elise Kova has a way of reaching inside us and stabbing us right in the emotions. Hard. Two, this was the final book. Whatever happened here could not be explained away in a later book…we wouldn’t get more
Lia Carstairs
"Vhalla stood, not as a common-born library girl, a soldier, a sorcerer, or a lady, but as an Empress.”

I can't believe it...............
I've finished the last book of the Air Awakens Series.
What will I do with my life now??!!😭😭💔

If I could have any power, it would be the ability to experience each book I've read as if it's my first time.
Ahhhhh, now that would be a dream come true.🥰🤩
[image error]

It feels like it was just yesterday when I first went into this series. I was so naive to think
Alex
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
Dark Sith Lordette Jennymort ♔
description

What a way to end the series.

What.
An.
End.

Review, maybe never because I already have so many that I need to do and there are so many better reviewers out there than I that tell you most of what you want to know then my insane ramblings.

Jennymort Out.
PEACE.
Nov 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This series was so good, I don't really know why people don't talk about it. ...more
Minni Mouse
Given the degree I skimmed this book, it's debateable whether what I did with the last 2/3 of the story qualifies as reading. Apart from my need to close out the series and out of fondness for how much I once enjoyed the first Air Awakens book, I harbored a near nonexistent desire to read this book.

But hey, if you actually read Crystal Crowned then the last 30% of this book might have been exciting (it certainly seemed action-packed enough). (view spoiler)
Alia Ros
Sep 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
WHAT. AN. ADVENTURE. OF. A. LIFETIME!!

I, WOW, I've been here since the beginning, from the 1st book #Airawakens till now.. I loved loved every moment of it!

With the start of Aldrick and Vhalla's relationship was da bomb! The author kept me reading till the end alright! Really great job u done there!

I felt it, all the love, the joy, the heartbreak, the tension, the sorrow, the frustations,betrayal and all other raw emotions one could handle. I experienced it all in this series. Perfecto!

One thing
Ines Marcella
Dec 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Such an up and down journey. The epilogue really saved this conclusion.

• Light Singer (Kingdom of Runes, #4)
  • The Traitor Queen (The Bridge Kingdom, #2)
  • King Maker (Kingdom of Runes, #3)
  • Curse Breaker (Kingdom of Runes, #2)
  • Oath Taker (Kingdom of Runes, #1)
  • Crown of Danger (The Hidden Mage, #2)
  • Crown of Power (The Hidden Mage, #4)
  • Crown of Strength (The Hidden Mage, #3)
  • The Bridge Kingdom (The Bridge Kingdom, #1)
  • Crown of Secrets (The Hidden Mage, #1)
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer, #2)
  • A Kingdom of Flesh and Fire (Blood and Ash, #2)
  • A ​Court of Silver Flames (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #4)
  • Dark Harmony (The Bargainer, #3)
  • A Touch of Darkness (Hades & Persephone, #1)
  • A Touch of Ruin (Hades & Persephone, #2)
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
  • The Rook (The Twisted Kingdoms, #2)
Elise Kova is a USA Today bestselling author. In her past lives, she has graduated from an MBA program, lived in Japan for a bit, and worked for a Fortune 500 technology company. However, she finds herself much happier in her current reincarnation as full-time author. When not writing, she can usually be found playing video games, drawing, watching anime, or talking with readers on social media. S ...more

Air Awakens (5 books)
  • Air Awakens (Air Awakens, #1)
  • Fire Falling (Air Awakens, #2)
  • Earth's End (Air Awakens, #3)
  • Water's Wrath (Air Awakens, #4)