Start by marking “Mr. Romantic (Mister, #2)” as Want to Read:
Mr. Romantic (Mister, #2)

Mr. Romantic (Mister #2)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  3,088 Ratings  ·  445 Reviews
Charm is the key to the world.

Charisma, magnetism, sex appeal—that ‘it’ factor that can’t be described.

Nolan Delany has it is spades.

The infamous Mr. Romantic.

And maybe he is out of my league… But I’m going to give it the old college try anyway. Because I didn’t travel two thousand miles for a job interview at his request just to be put out like trash.

Don’t underestimate m
Kindle Edition
Published June 22nd 2016

To ask other readers questions about Mr. Romantic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr. Romantic

Christy
Apr 20, 2016 Christy rated it really liked it
Shelves: messed-up-reads
4 stars!

photo 3C80A5C5-5B2E-48C5-9B1F-79A7E42A382F_zps3khe5d1y.jpg

Mr. Romantic is book 2 in Huss’s new Mister series. Let me tell you, this is one of those series you’ll become addicted to. I just finished this one, and I’m dying for the next! I can’t wait to read all about the rest of the Misters and I’m especially dying for the last book- Mr. Match. I’m loving the way these books weave together. How little twists continually pop in the series. That’s Julie’s style. She does the best with writing a sexy romance with just enough twists, turns and mys
S.M. West
5 Yellow STARS

This will seriously be one big rambling so apologies.

First off, I’m putting it out there, up front, there's a rape fantasy scene in this book. I must stress it is a fantasy but I know it’s a hard limit for some readers. There’s not much that bothers me so I can’t help you here but if this is your limit, don’t read it.

Okay, with that out of the way, if you’re still with me…holy hell. I’m always in awe at how Julie reels me in, fucks with me, and then leaves me in a mess.

I’m no
Michelle
May 31, 2016 Michelle rated it it was amazing
A few key things:
1. Mr. Romantic can be read as a standalone. Each book consists of separate characters/couples with their own story.
2. There is a very taboo situation in this book. It’s not a spoiler because Julie makes it very obvious and clear that it is going to happen. So there is plenty of time for a reader who might have triggers to stop before it happens. Rape Fantasy. This is a huge thing that is very common and is one of the top sexual fantasies that women have. It is consensual and i
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
2 'Stop' Stars!

I really thought I could do it. I really did. I really loved Mr Perfect but I was totally hesitant to read this after reading many reviews and knowing it has (view spoiler) in it.

My heart could not take it, sorry. This was was extremely disturbing and uncomfortable for me, even while knowing it was just a fantasy. I almost stopped reading but I hate doing that! I really wanted to love Nolan and Ivy but this was just too much for my taste. I really hope
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★★ 4.5 Stars ★★★★

Holy mother of all things, this book was on fire! I gotta warn you, it contains sexual scenes that some might find disturbing, and it really won't appeal to the delicate flowers of this world, but my goodness, I found it to be a really well written erotic romance that shows both the dominant an vulnerable side of the man they call Mr. Romantic.

Ivy Rockwell is a recent graduate, who is searching for a job that she can get stuck into and enjoy, so when she is invited to take a p
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

Stand-alone book 2 of 5.
5 Friends.
Release: June 22, 2016.
Pre-order: | AMZ US | AMZ UK | B&N | KOBO |

Books in The Mister series are stand-alones, but most enjoyed if read in order:
Book 1: Mr. Perfect
Book 2: Mr. Romantic
Book 3: Mr. Corporate
Book 4: Mr. Mysterious
Book 5: Mr. Match
Sabrina

Maybe it's just going to be a thing with this author, but yet again I came out of her book very confused on how I feel. I didn't hate it, but there were many things that I got really annoyed with, mostly the characters. The overall story kept me interested, but not enough for me to ignore all the individual things that were issues for me.

What I liked:
The intensity of this story is what kept me glued to my Kindle while trying to figure out how Ivy and Nolan's relationship would play out. There
Tijuana [Love & HEA Book Blog]
A few random non book review observations after finishing this audiobook- First and foremost. My talkative ass is Speechless! I really have no words right now. My husband thinks I'm under some kind spell because I usually talk his ear off every night. But I'm sitting here trying to get my thoughts and emotions hammered out. 2nd, I think I may be under some kind of spell because I can't process my feelings on this book, but I've already 1-clicked the next one!! WTH? I am beyond captivated at this ...more
Beverly
Jun 21, 2016 Beverly rated it really liked it
Mr. Romantic is the second book in the Misters series and can be read as a standalone. Like most linked books I think it’s best to read them all to get the whole story, especially now that I see how things are unfolding in this series.

The story begins with Ivy Rockwell, a recent Brown graduate getting invited to an exclusive job interview with Nolan Delaney. She is obviously excited, but also a little taken aback since she didn’t apply and thinks there is no way she will get the job. Its the ch
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo dd654a208a4d713a1f1ab4119a7b35_zpsxomsfwyl.gif

photo 3067d09b03e749fcdd5db3fc7ecf2d_zps9qckxgky.gif“I have a date with my vibrator and I want to picture Mr. Romantic’s face as I make myself come. ”

In the first book of the Mister Series, we met Mr. Perfect and now ladies and gentlemen, it’s time to meet Mr. Romantic. Yes, that’s right who doesn’t love a man whose moniker is associated with romance, love and hearts and flowers. Well before you swoon over Mr. Romantic, we gotta remember this is a J.A. motherffing Huss book and so this is n
Eda** # Dax Lahn's Golden Tigress  #

** 3-3.25 STARS

“They ALWAYS say yes. Even when they want to say NO, they always say YES.”

description

THIS sums up the book very sufficiently, I think.

And no, the whole “rape fantasy” thing doesn't bother me. If it's consensual, it's fine. It's a f*cking FANTASY after all, yeah?

No, no, no. I wasn't wowed by this story because of something entirely different. The thing that bothered me about it was the fact that Mr. Romantic was NOT impressive at all, and because the romantic build-up was sadly...like
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
2.5 ~3 stars

Going to keep it simple...Mr. Romantic wasn't my cup of of tea :/

I loved book 1 and I'm completely invested in the direction this tale is headed. Huss always goes way outside the box and totally entertains me. I'm just going to chalk it up to my complete lack of connection with Nolan Delaney. A bit crazy...kinda effed up...not so sexy in my eyes. Because of that I just got thru the book and hope the next Mister will come along soon!
Libby Harrison

Plot: 1/5
Grovel: none
Cheating: none
HEA: DNF
Triggers: the h is in pain when they first fuck – H shows no remorse, BDSM, rape fantasy

Average score: 1/5

Best Line: “I think I’ll keep my virginity for someone special and go for the job.”

Worst Line: “He likes to fuck his staff, Ivy.”
“I don’t want to brag, but I was a lot cuter than his last girlfriend.”

Personal Review:
This was a dark
J. Grayland
Jun 04, 2017 J. Grayland rated it liked it
When Ivy Rockwell is sent an invitation to attend a job interview with the infamous Mr. Romantic Nolan Delany, the innocent preacher's daughter gets a lot more than she ever bargains for. This book 2 in the Mr. series is a book that you hate to like it. Nolan Delany may be hot and sexy but he is such a bas**rd and Ivy Rockwell is so weak and gullible, I found that Nolan seemed to groom and brainwash her into doing anything that he wanted and she just did it like a lamb to the slaughter. S0 needl ...more
Cyndi
Jun 03, 2017 Cyndi rated it really liked it
I began to think this was going to be one of those books that focuses so much on the sex that it doesn't develop the stories or characters enough. And in some ways it was. I don't allege to understand the whole bdsm stuff. I mean if a guy slaps me he'll be picking his balls out of his lungs. But, to each their own.
Anyway, in some ways it took over the story at times at the expense of character development. But, the parts that moved the overall "Mr." story along were really cool. Very Pretty Li
Mindy Lou's Book Reviews
Apr 22, 2016 Mindy Lou's Book Reviews rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, humor, banter, 2016
I always struggle writing reviews for JA Huss's books. Her mind is fascinating to me. I have loved every single one of her books, and I've read them all, even when I think I shouldn't love them. Some of them are pretty darn disturbing. Some of her characters are just plain assholes. I hate them at first and I yell at my kindle telling the heroine to run far, far away and yet by the end of the book I'm swooning over that same jerk. How does she do it? How can she take a book that can be disturbin ...more
Julia's Book Haven
May 04, 2016 Julia's Book Haven rated it liked it
I'm truthfully unsure about how I feel about this book so I'm giving it 3 stars. I liked parts but other parts I didn't really. In the author's note at the end she said she didn't think this book needed a trigger warning because it was lighter then any of her darker books but I really disagree. This should definitely have a trigger warning. The sex scenes were really where the book lost me, they weren't my cup of tea and were really intense and a little disturbing. I'll give everyone a heads up ...more
Chitra *CJ*
Let me address the elephant in the room first.
Yes this book has a rape fantasy, and no that is not my problem with it.
This is the story of Ivy and Mr. Romantic, Nolan.
Ivy receives a mysterious invitation to go and interview for Nolan. When their eyes meet, while Ivy wants the job, Nolan wants to fck her. And it happens. And it's basically the story.
My issues with the book
- it is not a love story- more like a big fantasy fuck fest
- The characters appeared bipolar. One minute hating, next minute
Di - Twisted Book Reviews
Apr 22, 2016 Di - Twisted Book Reviews rated it it was amazing
A fast faced, heart pounding, romantic suspense that will leave you with a knot in your throat and a smile on your face.

I'm labeling this as Romantic Suspense with a twist of Mystery, because I can't quite put my finger on what it could, should be. Some scenes could be disturbing to sensitive readers. Prepare for a wild ride. Never take a Huss book at face value, there's always that snake laying in wait.

The Mister Series can be read as stand-alones. Huss explains all that in the beginning of e
Bindi Boo
Jun 19, 2016 Bindi Boo rated it liked it
3 smutty stars

So the author tells us---- "i try to write unlikable antiheroes. I think i do a pretty good job. But i also try and give you a reason to root for them as they find redemption"----

Based on that note, i've given this book 3 stars. Now, my stars are precious to me. There are books out there that evokes so much emotion and sometimes laugh-out-loud humour that it's a no-brainer 5 star read. But this one... this one i really had to sit and think about. Almost no romance, but heaps of sex
~Kristin~
May 09, 2016 ~Kristin~ rated it really liked it
4 Stars
I'm not going to lie, I was on the fence about Mr. Romantic and all his messed up issues, not to mention not understanding what the hell Ivy was thinking for a huge chunk of this bad boy. In true Julie Huss fashion, she makes me kinda was to squeeze Nolan by the end and has me rooting for this couple. I'm curious where she is going to take this series, but I'm absolutely dying for the last book, being a hardcore fan Oliver Shrike already has me won over, I love that he is Mr. Match.
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookviews
This review was originally posted on (un)Conventional Bookviews
Mr. Romantic is a little bit like a dark story, with characters you feel like you may have met before, and in which the big bad wolf isn't a real character, but rather the characters' past, getting ready to eat them all...

Review - (un)Conventional Bookviews

My first reaction after I finished reading Mr. Romantic was 'Holy mind fuck Batman!' because that's what this story was. Like Ivy, I never really knew if Nolan was serious or not and that kept me on the edge of my
Bing
Jun 25, 2016 Bing rated it it was amazing
Mr. Romantic J. A. Huss

I've said this before and I have a feeling I'll keep on saying it when it comes to Julie's works.. Always expect the unexpected and don't put her in a box because she doesn't belong in a predictable category.

Mr. Romantic is one example of one crazy ride Julie is famous for. I felt like she grabbed me from the first page, dragged me against all kinds of surfaces and left me a mess. The crazy part? I was smiling because of the experience. Crazy. The good kind.

Nolan's reputat
Tiffany Readz
This book needs a Goodreads shelf of its own seeing how I had no idea how to tag it. There is so much going on, I had to review it ASAP to keep things straight in my head.

Mr. Delany you took my breath away. In pure JA Huss fashion I hated you for about the first half of this book. Because I'm a superfan, I didn't let those feelings fester long, as I know you will redeem yourself by the end. And you did. In spades.

"You're getting me tonight Ivy. I hope you can handle it. Because I'd hate to disap
Brandi
***Review finally added!!***
ARC kindly provided by author in exchange for an honest review

I need more stars. and I need more time to process this book. just. fuck. fuuuuccccckkkk. I'll write a real review when I've come down from this Huss high that I'm currently riding.

I'll ask again: why is this a 5-star rating system?! I need more motherfucking stars. This book. Gah. This book. It's been 3 days. THREE DAYS. I still have no words. I'm still pushing people to buy it. I. Just. Can't. Nope.

Nola
Denise
5 I want Nolan to myself stars!!!

Gah! This book was just... Amazing! I loved it.

So I just started on the J.A. Huss movement that is the Misters. Thank you to my girl, Shanny. And I was intrigued when I read Mr. Perfect and slowly getting glimpses of one Mister here another Mister there, but when I heard Mr. Romantic was going to grace us with his own book I was like...
description

And did Mr. Nolan Delaney capture my attention.
Not only do we get to finally understand his situation and his personality, but
Joy (joyous reads)
Sep 29, 2016 Joy (joyous reads) rated it did not like it
Nope. Nope. Hell to the fucking no. Romantic? Fantasy rape is not romantic and whoever coined the term should be shot. Boy, bye.

Excuse me. I need to vomit.

This book made me rage. Romanticizing rape is never okay. And if you tell me that “fantasy rape” is not romanticizing rape, don’t. You’re wasting your breath.

"Mr. Romantic isn't as dark as some of my characters. James Fenici is dark. Merc is dark. Hell, I think Ford is probably darker than Mr. Romantic. So that's why there's no trigger warn
★ Belle The Bibliophile ★
Wow. What a ride. I wouldn't necessarily categorize this book as a dark read --- compared to the first book book, this one has a darker theme but it isn't the darkest book I've read. I've read worst.

Even so, I'm shelving it in my dark reads shelf anyway because I feel like there are huge triggers that might be upsetting for some. Possible triggers:
(view spoiler)
Teresa
Apr 22, 2016 Teresa rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
4.5

I have liked this one a lot more than the first in this series.

Each story is marketed as a stand-alone, but there are lots of connecting aspects joining them all, starting with the thread of an extremely significant past experience 10 years previously which has derailed the course of all their lives.

In this one, we also find out that the last Mister (Mister Match) will also have a strong link to the Rook & Ronin universe, so I cannot wait to get my hands on that one, out in December.

Th
Amy J Romance Author & Reader Events
This one was just O.K. for me. The fantasy part was fine and though at times she didn't know what to believe there was way too much talking /thoughts.
The authors comments at the end is my favorite part of this installment. I can't wait to move on to the next one.

Audible narration is good

• Finding Willow (Freedom, #0.5)
  • This Way to the Sugar
  • Stupid Love (Stupid in Love, #3)
  • Shipwrecked Summer
  • Recitatif/To Room Nineteen
  • No Pants Required
  • Black Diamond (Stark Springs Academy #1)
  • No One Like You (Barefoot William, #4)
  • Beyond the Horizon
  • Leave a Mark
  • Wreckless
  • Just a Little Flirt (Crush, #2)
  • A Kiss Like This (Kiss & Make Up, #3)
  • Perfectly Messy (Effortless With You, #2)
  • Summer's Temptation (Vandeveer University, #1)
  • Hate: A Love Story
  • Unspoken: The Epilogue (Woodlands, #2.1)
  • Since Drew
Find me here: http://www.newadultaddiction.com/

If you like my books and want to help support my new releases, please sign up to share a post on Facebook or Twitter here .

JA Huss is the author of the Amazon bestselling Rook and Ronin series, the epic science fiction I Am Just Junco series, and hundreds of kid-friendly science books in subjects such as biology, physics, anatomy and physiology, astr
More about J.A. Huss...

Mister (5 books)
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Mr. Corporate (Mister, #3)
  • Mr. Mysterious (Mister, #4)
  • Mr. Match (Mister, #5)

“Well,” Match says, “we’re just gonna have to take care of business. That’s what my old man always told me. He always said, ‘Oliver, my boy, when the shit hits the fan, you just turn that fucker around.’” “Your father’s a regular poet,” Mysterious says. “Maybe” 2 likes
“But yes,” I have to say something to account for how upset I am. “Yes, I totally got the shits and I had to borrow these clothes!” I cry again. Wail into my pillow. Because I’d rather pretend I shit my pants in front of a hot guy instead of what really happened. “I” 0 likes