Start by marking “Murder Can Spoil Your Appetite (Desiree Shapiro Mystery #7)” as Want to Read:
Murder Can Spoil Your Appetite (Desiree Shapiro Mystery #7)

Murder Can Spoil Your Appetite

(Desiree Shapiro Mystery #7)

Normally, pudgy private eye Desiree Shapiro would no more turn down a job than she would pass up a second helping of chocolate mousse. But this case is decidedly unappetizing. Her new client is powerful crime boss Vito da Silva, and he wants her to find out who murdered his protege, political up-and-comer Frankie Vincent. It's an offer Desiree can't refuse. Venturing into ...more
Audio CD
Published November 1st 2001 by Blackstone Publishing (first published February 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Murder Can Spoil Your Appetite, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder Can Spoil Your Appetite

Start your review of Murder Can Spoil Your Appetite (Desiree Shapiro Mystery #7)
Denise
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This has been my favorite book in the series so far, and the first one that I didn't even come close to guessing who the killer was.
Sheila
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dez does it again. This time she gets involved with a heavy hitter! Great story!
Jane
Nov 28, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Cheesy murder mystery – not even good enough to be a decent beach book. Lady PI from NYC is hired by mobster to find killer of mobster’s political wannabe protégé.
Diane
Dec 07, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 - Good
Ellen
NOW THIS IS PERSONAL

Desiree Shapiro, P.I., receives an offer she can't refuse. Vito da Silva, a big time New Jersey mobster, requests her immediate attention into the murder of his close friend, Frank Vincent. Regardless of Desiree's attempts to avoid becoming involved with a mobster...Vito handed her a huge check and gave Desiree her marching orders. Chief of Police Hicks would be waiting for her at the Riverton, New Jersey Police Station.

Chief Hicks is none too pleased with Desiree's arrival b
Kathie H
Mar 11, 2008 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Only those who don't think their writing is good enough to get published
This book is so poorly written I cannot believe the author got anyone to publish it. I hardly know where to start. The author has every character saying, "At any rate...", & "I phoned" instead of "called," & so many more examples of exceedingly bad writing. I can suspend disbelief as well as the next person, but this "heroine" who calls herself a private detective is so inept that it defies logic on every level. The author uses so many cliches certainly some laws of writing must have been repeat ...more
Dharia Scarab
Ramona
Sep 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have had this book on my bookshelves forever. I have no idea what took me so long to read it!? I love a mystery where I cannot figure out who the killer is and this one kept me guessing right up until the end. FABULOUS!

It's about a p.i named Desiree Shapiro. She gets hired by a mob guy to find out whoe killed his friend an aspiring politician. She gets to work with the local police and ends up falling for her partner while they attempt to solve the murder.

Kim j
Feb 27, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: eichler
I do not know why this one took me so long to read but it dragged on. I usually love Des but she seemed so out of it in this book. I only have one more left in the series and I am sad b/c she was different than any other author or character. I love Des and I will miss her but this book was not her best.
Sandy Neal
I enjoyed the surprise ending and the recipe. I actually made the Lemon Souffle which is more like a mousse but was very good. My co-workers enjoyed it!
Sonja
Feb 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found this to be a really entertaining story, and it took me awhile to figure it out!
Ophelia London
Other than the very odd over-usage of the term "at any rate..." by numerous characters, this was a pretty cute cozy mystery.
DJ

• The Smithfield Bargain
  • The Lager Queen of Minnesota
  • A Single Thread
  • Night Road
  • The Friday Night Knitting Club (Friday Night Knitting Club, #1)
  • The People's Team: An Illustrated History of the Green Bay Packers
  • Wed, Read & Dead (Mystery Bookshop, #4)
  • Antisocial: Online Extremists, Techno-Utopians, and the Hijacking of the American Conversation
  • Well-Read Black Girl: Finding Our Stories, Discovering Ourselves
  • A Dangerous Engagement (Amory Ames #6)
  • Murder at Crossways (Gilded Newport Mysteries #7)
  • Someone to Remember (Westcott #6.5)
  • It Shouldn't Be This Hard to Serve Your Country: Our Broken Government and the Plight of Veterans
  • The Sanctuary Murders (Matthew Bartholomew, #24)
  • Binging with Babish: 100 Recipes Recreated from Your Favorite Movies and TV Shows
  • Dumpty: The Age of Trump in Verse (Dumpty, #1)
Selma Eichler is a freelance writer who lives in New York with her husband. She is the creator of 'Desiree Shapiro', private eye in New York City.

Series:
* Desiree Shapiro Mystery

Desiree Shapiro Mystery (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Murder Can Kill Your Social Life (Desiree Shapiro, #1)
  • Murder Can Ruin Your Looks (Desiree Shapiro Mystery, #2)
  • Murder Can Stunt Your Growth (Desiree Shapiro Mystery, #3)
  • Murder Can Wreck Your Reunion (Desiree Shapiro Mystery, #4)
  • Murder Can Spook Your Cat (Desiree Shapiro Mystery, #5)
  • Murder Can Singe Your Old Flame (Desiree Shapiro Mystery, #6)
  • Murder Can Upset Your Mother (Desiree Shapiro Mystery, #8)
  • Murder Can Cool Off Your Affair (Desiree Shapiro Mystery, #9)
  • Murder Can Rain on Your Shower (Desiree Shapiro Mystery, #10)
  • Murder Can Botch Up Your Birthday (Desiree Shapiro Mystery, #11)