Start by marking “The Nightlife: New York (The Nightlife, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Nightlife: New York (The Nightlife, #1)

The Nightlife: New York

(The Nightlife #1)

The Nightlife Series is violent, sexy, and occasionally violently sexy.

Vampires, strippers, escorts, night clubs, pimps and dirty cops – the Nightlife New York is never boring.

Aaron Pilan’s life is forever changed when he’s shot trying to rescue a drop-dead gorgeous woman on the streets of New York. Aaron is thrust into the shocking world of vampiric slavery when Michelle sh/>Vampires,
4th
Published (first published August 8th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Nightlife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Nightlife

Start your review of The Nightlife: New York (The Nightlife, #1)
Shurrn
Blood-soaked & sinfully sexy...
It was everything I hoped it would be...
Sex, blood, pleasure and pain created a wicked lovely blend like no other experience in this world.
Travis Luedke has a knack for blending erotica, violence, and humor which keeps me entranced... Add to all that a dash of romance and action, and this book is unstoppable.

Michelle
Blood-soaked & sinfully sexy...
It was everything I hoped it would be...

Michelle
She was his confessional, his priest, his savior, his own personal Jesus Christ, laying his demons to rest with her touch, presence, and silent acceptance.
Michelle has been hunting alone for years. As soon as she was free from her abusive master, she vowed to be her own woman; beholden to no man... or vampire. Solitude means safety - for her and the human population - all of her relationships seem to end in death and sorrow.

While stalking the streets of New York, she's accosted by two crooked cops - they assume she's a hooker and think they can coerce the pretty little blonde into bribing them with hush money... or sexual favors...

Michelle has no worries about the cops - they're an easy dinner for her. Unfortunately, a good Samaritan steps in to save her from the perceived threat...

Aaron Pilan
He was now a blood-sucking vampire with amazing physical strength and agility, and some rather interesting talents for seduction. He had exceptionally acute senses and could read the minds of those nearby. He was a slave to the will of his drop-dead gorgeous–– though slightly psychotic–– vampire master whom he found difficult to trust and was fast learning to fear. The question was how did he feel about it?
Stuck. Stuck on her, and stuck with her.
Wrong place at the wrong time... Aaron was walking home from work when he caught sight of the blonde bombshell being accosted by New York's finest. His honor and sense of justice demanded that he step in and help.

Funny how one moment can change your fate. A struggle with the offers ensues, a shot rings out, and Aaron is left bleeding to death on the sidewalk.

Michelle has a decision - let this sweet innocent man die, or give him a new life.

Here's the catch - anyone who is turned into a Vampire is basically a slave to the Vampire who created them. Michelle's traumatic experience with her own Master kept her from turning anyone, but she can't keep herself from saving the honorable young man who tried so had to save her.

Aaron learns all about his new abilities from the powerful woman who now owns his body an soul. He's falling under her spell a little more each day...

Add to all that:
A jealous ex,
two crooked cops,
a clueless roommate,
a cougar with a crush,
a pimp trying to go legit,
and all the excitement of New York City...

You've got one hell of a story set up.

A note about the subjective nature of reviews:

This is not the first book in the Nightlife Series which I've read. My first experience with Travis Luedke's Naughty Vampires was actually The Nightlife San Antonio.

Metaphor time: Have you ever gone back and listened to the EPs of your favorite artist before they made it big? Ever had the pleasure of hearing their greatness being overshadowed by the fact that they were recording in a garage with a cheap microphone? This book was a little like that...

Nightlife San Antonio was a standalone published in 2014, the most recent "violently sexy" novel in The Nightlife universe. The Nightlife: New York, however, debuted in 2012 - that means Travis Luedke had an additional 2 years and 4 books to perfect his story structure and character development within this series alone... The author has several other books outside of this series which also helped him gain proficiency...

I don't know how I would have felt about this book if it had been my first introduction to this author and series... I wasn't crazy about the pacing or the plethora of POVs. I admit, I might not have rated this book at a solid 4 stars if I didn't know that this book is a springboard for a pretty fucking spectacular series...

So there you have it, reviews are subjective, and my experience with this book was colored by my experience. I still enjoyed it, and I know I'm going to need even more of this series...

Some of My Favorite Moments:
(view spoiler)

***I won this book in the following contest***

CHECK OUT MY OTHER REVIEWS IN THIS BADASS SERIES!
1. The Nightlife: New York - You're Reading it.
2. The Nightlife: Las Vegas - Read my Review here.
3. The Nightlife: Paris - Read my Review here.
4. The Nightlife: London - Read my Review here.
Spinoff Blood Slave - Read my Review here.
Spinoff The Nightlife: San Antonio - Read my Review here.
5. The Nightlife: Moscow - Read my Review here.

The Nightlife New York (The Nightlife, #1) by Travis Luedke The Nightlife Las Vegas (The Nightlife, #2) by Travis Luedke The Nightlife Paris (The Nightlife, #3) by Travis Luedke The Nightlife London (The Nightlife, #4) by Travis Luedke Blood Slave (The Nightlife) by Travis Luedke The Nightlife San Antonio (The Nightlife) by Travis Luedke The Nightlife Moscow (The Nightlife, #6) by Travis Luedke
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
Travis Luedke writes like a woman… and I mean that in the most complimentary way! If you have followed my reviews, then you know I have historically steered clear of male erotic or romance authors, but over the past year, I have become less discriminating and given more books written by men a shot and I’ll be the first to admit, I have not been disappointed. But that’s not really what this review is about, so… back to the matter at hand, the book!

THE NIGHTLIFE: NEW YORK is chocked fu
Saha
(Fair warning, rant ahead. No punches held)

For starters, this book needs some serious editing.

Michele is a vampire bitch with a "holier than though" attitude, and the mind (and behaviour) of a child. Aaron is her newly-turned pussy-whipped slave, one she had no choice but to make vampire because she caused 2 corrupt cops to shoot him. Delia, Aaron's ex, is a whiny cunt, yet she still SO DID NOT DESERVE what that monster of a vampire woman Michele did to her at the end. The only rede
Peter Jenkins
Oct 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Author Travis Luedke has shown a mastery in writing about vampires that is the equal or better than anyone in this genre today. Aaron, the innocent young man who had lost his girlfriend, Delia, is ill-used by his money-grubbing flat mate Kyle. But in looks Aaron has potential, and he is intensely interested in beautiful women. That’s just as well because—in this well-paced narrative—few could ever be unaware of the drop-dead gorgeous vampire—French cussing, eye popping Michelle. We get off to a ...more
Harlan Vaughn
Sep 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book while riding the subways underground in New York, it seemed appropriate. There were a few times when I wondered if the person next to me was trying to read along as I turned the pages, as some of the scenes are a tad... graphic, and potentially attention-grabbing if one's eye sees a choice word or too while glancing over.

This book assumes you already know a few specifics about how vampires live. It draws from the recent wave of supernatural/vampire-driven books and adds the spe
Riley Banks
My actual rating on this is 3 1/2 stars.

This was quite a hard review for me to do, as I know Travis Luedke through a couple of the author forums I’m on. In that regard, I really wanted to love his book, but instead found myself sitting on the fence, not really sure which side I wanted to be on.

There were things I loved about the books, and there were things I didn't particularly enjoy.

Overall, it was a book I found myself turning the pages on, and wanting to find out more about, which is alwa
Kayla Stonor
A sexy vampire love story

Michelle is introduced to the reader as a vampire with a conscience shaped by her past with a nasty vampire master. Her last intention is to convert sweet, innocent Aaron, but he was in the wrong place at the wrong time so her choice is limited: blood-enslave him or let him die.

The author has created a vampire world, which is colorful, full of life, sex, and danger. The human 'cattle' display flashes of decency, but also weakness of character that
B.R. Snow
Nov 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Vampire, paranormal, erotica fans
Let me start by saying that I don't read vampire books. After years in the corporate world, I've had enough of bloodsucking freaks and people looking for the opportunity to take a bite out of me to last a couple of lifetimes. I write comedy and generally wouldn't know a good vampire book if it bit me. (Sorry, couldn't resist.) But I've gotten to know Travis (T.W.) through a writer's group we're both proud members of and I've been impressed by how hard he works and how supportive he is of other w ...more
Jim Wright
Dec 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Plain ol' ordinary, long-suffering Aaron Pilan is too good for his own good and it gets him involved with the sexy, beautiful Michelle when he intervenes in a confrontation and receives a mortal gunshot wound for his trouble. Now, his life is irreversibly changed, and no two ways about it.

Travis Luedke has woven an astonishing vampire tale, utilizing some tried-and-true details along with his own special twists resulting in an unputdownable book. The rapid pace of the writing is very
Erik Christian
Sep 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Travis Luedke is the author of the series "The Nightlife." "New York" is the first book and is written with a fluidity that shows the experience of someone who has a solid grasp of the writing craft. The characters pulled me into the plot, and I lasted in my seat until I was finished with the story. It is a compelling read. It is flawless. I'm really interested to see how Luedke continues with this compelling Saga. It is a Vampire story with a unique twist, which is certainly needed in this time ...more
Hilary West
Sep 11, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, this is not really my thing. I find sex and blood lust just a tad offputting, but having said that Travis can write, I simply think he is wasting himself on this genre. For those who do like tales of vampirism I am sure they will get plenty of kicks out of this book. It is full-on, sexual, sensual, and there is plenty of blood and gore. The storyline works well and the ridiculous nature of the story may well tickle. Definitely one for vampire enthusiasts, who I am sure will be enthralled b ...more
Olga Miret
Oct 17, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Nightlife New York by Travis Luedke
The Nightlife New York has all that it promises in the title. There are corrupt policemen, pimps, escorts, homeless, drug dealers, and all the fauna of nightlife in a big city. Of course, there are also vampires. Michelle, the French extremely attractive blonde vampire has been around for some time and she seems to have suffered under the abusive vampire/Master who created her. In contrast with the old-style vampires (and more in line with more recent
Amy
Oct 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've been into vampires long before the twilight craze. I love the hot steamy side of the vampire books. I had given up reading about vampires from new authors for a while because they all seem the same and I'm a very picky reader. I have my favorites like JR Ward, Larissa Ione, Jeaniene Frost and Lara Adrian. I decided to give this book a chance and I am glad I did. It had all the things I look for in a good book, strong characters, sex and action plus a little romance. Travis Luedke has a way ...more
Christopher Shields
I read The Nightlife: New York in one sitting and I'm ready for more. Luedke brings his the main characters to life, both incredibly flawed and powerfully charismatic, with a wonderful writing style, in this unique twist on the Vampire. If you're a fan of vamp fiction, I recommend giving the book a try. I'm delighted to have happened across this author and will certainly be reading more from him in the future.
Hope Walker
Dec 11, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good read. I enjoyed it! There were a few editing errors but hey, we all have those! There were also a few parts that went a bit too far and were just weird. But I still really liked it! If you like vampires and sex, then you will love this!
John Dolan
Sep 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So you think you know all about vampires? And about vampires and sex? And about vampires having sex? Ha! Travis Luedke lays into the whole genre like a man possessed. Strong meet indeed, Travis. Hang on for the white-knuckle ride ...
Inakat
Jan 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a gracious gift from the author. The second it hit my Kindle, I began to read it. This book pulls you in and keeps you interested until the very last page.

The main characters Michelle and Aaron make quite the odd couple to be faced with spending eternity together. He starts out as the hero and ends up with the need to be saved. Michelle is a fiery and believable character even for a vampire. Her short temper and flair for a "naughty" mouth gave the book just the "write" spark.

The
Yelle Hughes
Sep 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first time that I’ve been taken through a vampire’s transition. The way this was written, it was if I was going through the transformation with Aaron. His personality changed too, from kind of a nerd to a stud…a boy to a man.

Travis Luedke wrote this like he lived it. I could see the location, see exactly what the characters looked like and what they were feeling. Michelle, was a hard ass but she had to be, being a female vamp and all. I admired her struggle between totally dominatin
Noelle Blakely
Dec 14, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-reviews
Aaron is in the wrong place at the wrong time and Michelle, an exotic vampire, has to choose to turn him or let him die. Good thing for us that she decides to turn him, so that we can read about their slightly warped love story.

I love when an author builds the characters and fills them out. It is something I look for in every book I read or write, and Luedke does this very well. His characters aren’t flat and one dimensional (maybe a tad bit stereotyped here and there) but still interesti
Christina
Nov 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a wonderfully written vampire story!! A fast paced, easy read that grabs you from the first page and just keeps going. I would say it is like 50 Shades of Grey only with vampires and written much better! I love that it has a slightly new take on vampires that combines traditional aspects with some new characteristics! The sex and violence scenes are very graphic and much more like an adult vampire love story than most others I have read. The characters were very well-rounded and Aaron ha ...more
Laurie
Nov 12, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
Really enjoyed this book. Totally excited for the next one!

Aaron is just an average, insecure 22 year old guy. He works at a crappy job, is a roommate with his best friend Kyle and recently dumped by Delia - who he has begged to take him back.

Outside a restaurant, two crooked cops are harassing a woman. They think she is a hooker and are shaking her down when Aaron walks out and begins watching the events unfold. The cops have their guns drawn and the woman attacks which causes one
Jackie Hauver
Sep 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had the opportunity to read this book as one of Travis' critique partners. It was a great book. It's about 22 year old Aaron Pilan. At the begining of the book he's at the wrong place at the wrong time. As he's getting out of work, he sees two New York City police officers roughing up a young woman named Michelle. As Aaron steps in to help, he's shot. In order to save his life, Michelle turns him into a vampire. Thus begins his night life. As his master Michelle teaches him the ins and outs of ...more
C.R. McBride
Dec 16, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book had been mentioned on twitter a lot so I thought I would give it a go. I really liked the story it is an interesting twist on the vampire scene. I loved the transformation of the main character Aaron from young timid boy to a strong man who is ready to protect the woman he loves. The chase from the corrupt officers is exciting and fast paced and offers some breath holding moments. There was one part I really didn`t like and that is the scene where Michelle takes her revenge I just thou ...more
Kirstin Pulioff
Nov 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a fantastic book! It delivers on all it promises. It is a fast, erotic, fun, well written story.

It is a fast, fun ride following Aaron on his transformation from ordinary to extraordinary. The transition to becoming a vampire as well as the development of the relationship between characters is well developed.

This is a book that you do not want to put down. Each chapter builds upon the last. Each plot twist is deliberate and creates a new layer of excitement.

I am excited that t
Janice Ross
Oct 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"The Nightlife: New York" is an exceptionally written novel. I thoroughly enjoyed this paranormal experience. I typically get my fantasy fix from movies & television; however, I am now hooked to reading from this genre because of Travis Luedke's skillful writing. He has mastered the life of vampires so well, even allowing readers into the very thoughts of the overall experience - I am in awe! I look forward to reading more from this author.
Shannon McRoberts
Sep 05, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book. It was an interesting take on ze vampires and ze little drink. Somewhere between Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles and CSI crime drama. I would recommend this book and can't wait to see more from this series!
Red
New author for me.....really liked it. The last half of the book really intrigued me enough to see where this series goes. Interesting characters and some interesting sex. Made for a unique relationship.
Stephanie- The Boyfriend Bookmark
I don’t want to give any misconceptions here about what I like to read, so let me start by saying, at first I wanted to read the book, because Travis Luedke gave me a free copy on Twitter and I am all about supporting writers, without them I wouldn’t have met some of my favorite fictional friends. The blog tour showed up a couple days later and I thought, well, I committed myself to suffering through one book about vampires, why not all three. That’s right, I said suffer through… I just don’t re ...more
Drako
Feb 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Seriously battling this new found addicition to vampire erotic romance.....Yeah, who am I kidding? No I'm not and I don't intend to. I love vampires and I love erotic romance. Best thing ever. So lets get to it, shall we?

This story centers around Michelle, a vampire and apparently drop dead gorgeous escort, and Aaron, a young waiter with serious self confidence issues that allows most folks to just walk over him. He's working in a restaurant and getting off work when he comes across
M. Joseph Murphy
Oct 24, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Nightlife: New York is a very solid, fun vampire novel. This is not the scary vampire type of David Wellington nor do these vampires sparkle. What they do is fulfil every fantasy you`ve ever had about wanting to be a vampire. And who hasn`t wanted to be a vampire at some point.

The sex scenes are super hot. You`ll probably need a cold shower or someone to help you work off tension. That`s how good they are. There is also a superhero origin element to add to the fun. The climaxes (

• Natural Consequences (Good Intentions, #2)
  • Good Intentions (Good Intentions, #1)
  • Fostering Faust (Fostering Faust #1)
  • Head Down (The Valens Legacy, #4)
  • Mask of the Template (Celestine Chronicles Book 1)
  • When It Falls (The Valens Legacy, #5)
  • Rapture (Apocalypse Gates Author's Cut, #1)
  • Personal Demons (Good Intentions, #3)
  • Cherry Blossom Girls (Cherry Blossom Girls #1)
  • Otherlife Dreams (The Selfless Hero Trilogy, #1)
  • Valley of Death (Apocalypse Gates Author's Cut, #2)
  • Tony and the Buccaneers (Tony Johnson, #1)
  • Perfect Strangers (The Valens Legacy, #2)
  • Over Our Heads (The Valens Legacy, #3)
  • Empath Rising (The Heartstone Saga #1)
  • Eastern Expansion (Wild Wastes, #2)
  • Warlock: A Nephilim's Wrath (Shawn Moore #2)
  • Vegas Rules (The Valens Legacy, #7)
Grab free ebooks from Travis Luedke and enter to win a Kindle Paperwhite!
Just copy and paste: http://twluedke.com/join-mailing-list...

Travis Luedke is a NY Times & USA Today bestselling author of urban fantasy, science fiction, and paranormal romance, best known for his violently sexy NIGHTLIFE SERIES. Find Travis catching a third degree sunburn with his wife and children in San Antonio, Texas, while plotting world domination th

The Nightlife (6 books)
  • The Nightlife: Las Vegas (The Nightlife, #2)
  • The Nightlife: Paris (The Nightlife, #3)
  • The Nightlife London (The Nightlife, #4)
  • The Nightlife: San Antonio (The Nightlife, #5)
  • The Nightlife Moscow (The Nightlife, #6)
“The world you once knew is no more for you.” 4 likes