Start by marking “Midnight Sky (Dark Sky, #2)” as Want to Read:
Midnight Sky (Dark Sky, #2)

Read Book

Midnight Sky

(Dark Sky #2)

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  27 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
There are secrets, there are betrayals, and there are sacrifices…

The Behemoth has been destroyed, and the bloodthirsty Hellions seem to have left Westraven. But Claire Abernathy’s mind is not at ease. A terrible disease plagues her sister, appearing to have been brought on the Vesper, the leader of the Hellions beyond the tear between worlds– the Breach.

To save Abby and s
Published August 2nd 2016 by Amy Braun (first published May 27th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Midnight Sky, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Midnight Sky

Dianne
Plan on needing a cooldown period after reading Amy Braun’s Midnight Sky. Non-stop, as in no slowing down, action, tension and a touch of denied romance highlight each page as Claire seeks to recover her mother’s message from the grave that could mean the difference between the life and death of Earth’s population. Blood has become Earth’s most precious natural resource for the monster/vampires race that has come from beyond the gateway of a world that makes Hell look like a tropical paradise. A ...more
Cassandra (Thebookishcrypt)
*ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review*
I forgot what number book this was that I've read by Amy but I've said this before and will do so again: One thing, out of the many, that I can count on to be in Amy's books is absolute brutality. She doesn't make her characters take the easy way out and it's something that doesn't fail to impress me. This book starts right in the middle of the action and the roller coaster doesn't let up.
This is the second book in the Dark Sky series and
Elizabeth Mathis
There are secrets, there are betrayals, and there are sacrifices…

To save Abby and stop the Hellions for good, Claire must find the machine her parents built before the attacks, and fix it before the monsters
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Claire’s quest continues and it has grown and have become even more clouded with secrets, betrayals, sacrifices and a possible triangle that could change more than what should be changed. Here we are back at the fight to make a wrong right again or at least make it better. Young Claire has her hands full with all that must be done to put the world back on a path cleared for the human race.

I found more drama, more action, more deceit, more betrayals, more secrets, just more. I was pulled in and
Penny Olson
Jul 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The non-stop adventure continues for Claire, her sister, and her Marauder friends in the strange apocalyptic steampunk world of Aon. I would recommend reading Crimson Sky first as it makes it much easier to understand what happens in Midnight Sky. In this novel we discover how the rift between Aon and the Hellion world was opened. I thoroughly enjoyed this book, but got just a little irritated with how much time was spent on the Sawyer emotional unavailability angst. There's a good twist at the ...more
Boundless Book Reviews
Once again, Amy Braun did not disappoint; a wonderful addition to Crimson Sky, the first book. This book is well written to allow for optimum suspense. My favorite characters were back and better than before. I loved how the drama and romance are thrown into the story at just the right time. Overall, the story was great. I should add that even though this is part of a series it reads alone excellently.  Another 4 Boundless stars book from Braun....Beth

Jodie "Bookish"  Cook
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Book Review

Title: Midnight Sky

Author: Amy Braun

Genre: Sci-Fi/Steam Punk/Dystopian

Rating: *****

Review: Midnight Sky is the second book in the Dark Sky Series and I was so excited when Amy Braun sent me this as I absolutely loved Crimson Sky the review of which you can find here (Add hyperlink). The short excerpt was amazing, great to whet the appetite of the reader. And it’s a battle scene added bonus with Claire being caught by the evil Davin, but it cuts off before we find out if he hurts her,
Austine (NovelKnight)

This book was provided by the author for free in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
The Hellions lost their Behemoth, the giant ship watching over Westraven, in Crimson Sky leaving Claire and the crew of the Dauntless with a world of new troubles. On the search for her parents' machine to close the Breach, they'll find more than just a few enemies standing in their way. Midnight Sky picks up a little while after the first book.

Raven_Blake (dreamy addictions)
Same Review Also Posted In My Blog:Dreamy Addictions

I received an ARC from the publisher/author via Xpresso book tours in exchange for my honest review.

* Contains Minor Spoilers if you haven’t read the first book *

Midnight Sky is a nice continuation to the series. There were some ups and downs in this book but eventually I ended up liking it. The secrets and mysteries that are left unanswered in the first book are finally revealed in this sequel which definitely added an intrigue to the plot.
Brooke Banks
After acclimating with Crimson Sky, I was much more hopeful going into Midnight Sky. Alas, it was revealed this is probably not the series for me though it's still recommendable to others.

It took a while to warm up to Claire and Sawyer in the first installment, Crimson Sky and all the progress I made evaporated with the general obtuseness of the characters amid an obvious plot and typical love triangle. I was exhausted with Claire not getting Sawyer despite it being crystal clear and how the wh
Sara
Aug 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Here we go again! Claire is back in Midnight Sky, the second book in the Dark Sky series.

It seems the danger has resolved and now Claire can focus on her sister, Abby. But, there are consequences of her actions to save her sister and Riley. Vesper, the baddie, is telepathic and that means bad news. Claire is also facing some uncomfortable rivalries, secrets and must find a machine her parents created that could be the answer to defeating the Hellions.

This one ends on a cliff-hanger! I kind of
Nervous Nellie Justice
Jul 28, 2016
Sophia Hanson
Aug 02, 2016
Amy Braun
Aug 02, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: written-by-me
Angie Watson
Teresa Rose
Caroline
Aug 17, 2016
Amy is a Canadian urban fantasy and horror author. Her work revolves around monsters, magic, mythology, and mayhem. She started writing in her early teens, and never stopped. She loves building unique worlds filled with fun characters and intense action. When she isn't writing, she's reading, watching movies, taking photos, gaming, and struggling with chocoholism and ice cream addiction.

Dark Sky (4 books)
  • Crimson Sky (Dark Sky, #1)
  • Obsidian Sky (Dark Sky, #3)
  • The Dark Sky Collection