Start by marking “Reaching Millennials: Proven Methods for Engaging a Younger Generation” as Want to Read:
Reaching Millennials: Proven Methods for Engaging a Younger Generation

Reaching Millennials: Proven Methods for Engaging a Younger Generation

Proven Methods for Churches to Attract and Engage Young People

One question faces every church leader looking to the future: How do we attract younger generations? Many things have been tried, but in this book, church consultant David Stark shares practical methods that have been proven to work in a variety of congregations.

Stark helps leaders identify an
Published April 19th 2016 by Bethany House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Reaching Millennials, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reaching Millennials

Start your review of Reaching Millennials: Proven Methods for Engaging a Younger Generation
Amanda Emerson
Jun 02, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
As a millennial myself I felt like the author had a good understanding of what makes millennials tick. I really appreciated his critique of the subculture that often develops within a church. One of the biggest dangers of this little subculture is becoming too comfortable or too busy doing church activities that you don't develop relationships with unbelievers. Unfortunately I really felt like Stark missed the mark when it comes to this book. If we really want to reach millennials then where we ...more
Jonathan Ward
a few helpful insights. easy read. the summation comments at the end of the chapters were the best parts.
Bryan Neuschwander
Aug 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Everybody is looking for a method. There are worse books on methods, especially "proven" methods, which amount to a soulless repackaging of prescribed programming.

The book poses some useful questions and offers a thoughtful framework and several helpful insights. I appreciated the inclusion of various passages from the gospels and the accompanying discussion.

Ultimately, however, I feel like the book ends where it might more profitably begin: "God is the one who draws people to faith, and our j
Kurt Michaelson
Jun 09, 2017 rated it liked it
The book was ok. It had some small good parts to it, but not a whole lot that would make me give it 4, or 5 stars. It seemed more to me as a strategy to get millennials into the church apart from proclaiming the Gospel to them. I understand that "outsiders" don't understand the language of the Bible, or the language that we may use as Christians, but that is mainly because an outsider's mind (unbeliever) has not been converted to faith in Christ.
James
Jun 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Many authors have written about the Millennials as “experts” in understanding that generation. David Stark utilized research done by others, as well as his own experiences, to write his version of how to reach the millennials. In many ways, I wished that he did not use the tag “Millennials” in this book. What I am afraid of is that a well written book on how to draw people into local churches maybe overlooked because of the label. The assessments that he makes about the Millennials and the “meth ...more
Leslie
Jun 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What I liked:

The book provided great outreach suggestions and strategies for churches to implement with practical examples of how they had been implemented by other churches.
The author stirred up my passion and enthusiasm for sharing the Gospel and reaching my peer group for Christ.
As an older millennial myself, I could easily relate to the author’s description of the millennial generation as a whole. Regardless of the readers’ age, understanding what makes the millennial
Charles Areson
Jul 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very easy read, not a lecture on how bad the church is and that the church is evil (some books about reaching youth feel like that). Found it useful.
Angel
May 19, 2016
Brian Metz
Apr 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Hopeful and Helpful

If you work at engaging Millennials with the gospel you will find this book hopeful and helpful. Chock full of ideas on how to connect Millennials to the church and engage them with the good news is found here. This book is both practical and tactical for reaching Millennials. Give it a read.
Lupita De Leon
Mar 12, 2017
Robert
Nov 23, 2018
Ryan Coons
rated it did not like it
Jan 11, 2019
Weston Williams
Dec 01, 2016

• Julius Caesar
  • Kristin Hannah Collection: Distant Shores / Between Sisters / Magic Hour
  • Girls Auto Clinic Glove Box Guide
  • Kneading to Die (Pawsitively Organic Mysteries, #1)
  • The Chance
  • Three to Get Deadly (Stephanie Plum, #3)
  • Life Just Got Real
  • Live a Thousand Years: Have the Time of Your Life; Wisdom for All Ages
  • Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine January/February 2019 (Vol 153 nos 1&2)
  • Uninvited: Living Loved When You Feel Less Than, Left Out, and Lonely
  • Power to Heal: Keys to Activating God's Healing Power in Your Life
  • Irving vs. Irving: Canada's Feuding Billionaires and the Stories They Won't Tell
  • Saker min son behöver veta om världen
  • I Want to Go Home!
  • Four to Score (Stephanie Plum, #4)
  • Gray Mountain