Start by marking “Love On My Mind (Shades of Love, #1)” as Want to Read:
Love On My Mind (Shades of Love, #1)

Love On My Mind

(Shades of Love #1)

Tracey Livesay makes her Avon Impulse debut with a sparkling and sexy novel about a woman who will do anything to fulfill her dreams… but discovers that even the best laid plans can fail when love gets in the way.

Successful PR executive Chelsea Grant is one assignment away from making partner at her firm and nothing will stand in her way. Her big break? Turn a reclusiv

Published July 12th 2016 by Avon Impulse

Start your review of Love On My Mind (Shades of Love, #1)
Dee's Reading Zone
This is my first read by Tracey Livesay and I am very impressed with how she immediately grabbed my attention with Adam Bennett as "the sexiest geek alive" with Asperger's syndrome and Chelsea, a PR executive hired to work her magic on the man without a tap of social cues. The catch is that Chelsea is hired by Mike Black, the COO of Computronix to work with Adam but Mike doesn’t want Adam to know he hired her. Why? Well Adam detests dealing with the press and the public! People with Asperger’s S ...more
Sue (Hollywood News Source)
Actual Ratings: 4.5 stars

This book is so cute, shippy, and everything. If you love Trade Me by Courtney Milan, you're going to dig this one as well. They have similar story-telling vibes, are both about technology business. I love the sizzling romance, and intelligent main characters. Mini review to come.
Anne Boleyn's Ghost
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
Love On My Mind wasn't always believable, and it was a bit cheesy, but I forgave because everything else was so darn cute. An adorable and mildly addictive read.

"So let me be clear," he whispered. "I want to kiss you. Not only am I informing you of what I want, it also serves as a notice of my intent. I'm going to kiss you."
It was the sexiest notice she'd ever received.

I cheered for Chelsea throughout the book. A smart and successful PR agent whose professional ambitions are informed by persona
Valerie
Jul 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, 2016-reads
This book captured my heart and the reason is Adam. I love complex, rich characters that are real. Adam is complex and he struggles with social cues. Yes, he's brilliant but he doesn't do well in social settings. Of course, if he wants a women in his bed, they understand pretty clearly. And I totally fell for him. He's focused and determined but he's vulnerable. He's logical. He's educated. But he's also sexy and in need of help but he doesn't want it. Adam just captured my heart.

That help come
Erika
Jul 22, 2016 rated it it was ok
If you are not associated with, or informed about, the development and marketing of software then this is a light-hearted love story about communication. The characters fall in love based in chemistry but discover more lasting relationship bonds making for a realistic foundation for the future.

If you are involved in software development then this is a grating misrepresentation relying on factual inaccuracies for everything from the central conflict to fine detail.

For example:
Developers almost
Katie(babs)
Jun 06, 2016 rated it it was ok
Camille
3.5

This was quite good. It's just hard for me to deal with the tension of a secret coursing through the majority of the book. I'd try the India's story later on.
Nerdread
Sep 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Despite this book being cheesy and far from realistic, I appreciate the take on mental health and having a main character with AD 💕
The_Book_Queen
Why did I wait so long to start this book? Or any book from Tracey? BAD TBQ, BAD.

Chelsea is a black heroine. She’s a PR executive, with her eyes on finally landed a promotion. The deal: if she can whip the hero’s MIA people and interview skills into shape successfully, the firm’s partnership is all hers. Oh, and he can’t know that she’s from PR and trying to help him out. Yeah, that’s going to cause a problem later on.

Adam is a rich tech genius, about to launch his latest invention – basically
Suze Lavender
Dec 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Chelsea has worked very hard to become partner at the PR firm she's working for. There's one condition, if she manages to make computer geek Adam look professional when he presents his company's new product the promotion will be hers. Adam is gorgeous, but he always says the wrong things. He doesn't like getting media training and keeps firing his PR people. That's why Chelsea needs to approach him without telling him what she's been hired to do. Adam has to want her advice to improve his media ...more
Tina
I've read a couple of geek-guy /creative girl romances this year and this is by far the best of the group.

This is smartly written, moves at a great clip, has a really good conflict at the center, and a couple who have a ton if chemistry on the page.

Chelsea the heroine is a PR executive who is tasked with helping anti-social PR disaster Tech genius Adam through a new, revolutionary product launch. The twist? She has to do it without his being aware that she is actually a PR person or that she is
Skye Kilaen
I feel like there was a good book under here trying to get out. Chelsea and Adam were both engaging characters. I appreciated getting to read a book with a woman of color as the love interest, since I haven't done enough of that. But this read like a second draft, before another set of eyes had come through to help Livesay smooth out her writing. I'm not sure how sentences like these get past an editor:

"She didn't know if she should [...] allow the awareness of another obstacle to hurdle to suff
Amber
Jul 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Solid 5 stars.

Wonderfully written, characters with amazing depth and awesome chemistry. Everything just flowed together. It's been a long time since I've clicked with a book and I'm so happy I discovered this book and more importantly, this author.
Rebekah Weatherspoon
I am living for more characters on the spectrum. I loved Adam and I loved his relationship with Chelsea.
Elena Johansen
Part of me wants to say this is well-constructed, because its theme is crystal clear--communication is essential to successful relationships--and all the conflicts support that. You'd be surprised how often I see romances pile on dozens of unrelated conflicts onto their characters without even a hint of a central organizing theme.

But, on the other hand, the conflicts themselves are paper-thin, both ignored and then solved with no real effort. Adam got his pride and reputation ruined by the last
SassafrasfromAmazon

5🌟

All I can say is WOW. This book is such a wonderful gift that’s been waiting in my Kindle since I purchased it in 2017. (I may have begun to read it then but got pulled away and never finished it.) Little did I know that this book would be such a treasure.

The backdrop of the story centers around Chelsea, a strong, ambitious black woman who has almost reached her goal of becoming the youngest partner in one of the top PR firms in the country. She is regaled throughout the industry for her monu
Jackie (Jackie's Book World)
***Review can also be found at Jackie's Book World. :)***

Adam Bennett might be wealthy, good-looking and CEO of a tech company, but not even his genius could help him be more sociable. He only keeps a very tight group of friends who have always been loyal and trustworthy. Yet when attending one of his press releases for one of his latest products, everyone was more interested on his personal life and not on his product which made him uncomfortable, and in result he turned to his home away from e
Mónica BQ
Jan 30, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Pft... This book didn't work for me at all.

I probably should have known from the start that I would have trouble understanding this one. My main issue stems from the basis of the premise of the plot and that's implied in the blurb. So really, I only blame myself for having picked up the book (and the second one too...). But I was lured by the promise of an own-voices interracial romance, that ultimately didn't deliver.

If there's one thing I despise both in real life and online is when people act
Alleyne Dickens
Jul 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love, love, love this book. It's beautifully written, emotionally satisfying and so smart! Adam, the ultra-hot genius hero, has Asperger's Syndrome. The author has captured this so well in his internal thoughts, mannerisms and dialogue. And the conflict she set up between Adam and Chelsea, the heroine, is excellent. And did I mention smart? The one thing Adam absolutely can't tolerate is the one the Chelsea does -- even before they have a relationship. It takes trust and understanding for their ...more
Robin
Aug 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I need more stars! This book was fantastic from start to finish. The characters were delightfully quirky and flawed and completely believable and loveable. There didn't seem to be any wasted scenes, everything flowed nicely and the pages flew by. I can't say enough about how these characters worked their way into your heart until you were rooting for them, crying with them, then celebrating their happy ending. And, wondering what happens next. I can't wait to find out.
Eboni
Jul 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I don't often give five star reviews but I really love the combination of things. We have a hero with asbergers, an interracial relationship and characters I related to!!!!!! Everyone should read this book. plus tell the author she's amazing because she is!
M. (Inside My Library Mind)
May 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
A really lovely romance book. The heroine is black and our hero has Asperger's. Their dynamic is really well done and it's really one of the best romance novels I read recently. Highly recommend!
Olivia (Stories For Coffee)
Love on my Mind is now one of my new favorite romance novels, hands down. It has everything I need to give a book five stars: a great plot, two distinct main characters, a steamy and slow-burning romance, and great writing that had me hooked from the very start.

This book’s biggest strengths is how different and distinct the two main character’s voices are. We get to see both their POVs in the novel which really helps tell the story in a way that shows you all sides. I loved getting into the head
Mudpie
Oct 31, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5* for this pleasant read.

My first book by this author and I think I'll read more! Chelsea had to grapple with her personal / professional principles and need for that promotion to partner in her firm. With her lousy childhood she worked so hard to achieve what she did, and to her the partnership was her way to prove all those bullies wrong, that she had made it with her own capabilities and nobody dared ever look down on her again!

But to get this promotion meant lying to her client, Adam whic
Nicky
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Love on My Mind is a story of a woman who works in PR who gets assigned to secretly assist an introverted computer genius navigate the public side of his business.

Adam Bennett was a genius and had a public launch of his tech company's product coming up. But during a previous press conference, he seriously bombed. So his CEO and best friend arranged for a PR firm to handle Adam. Under the condition that Adam never knows they were hired to work with him because he'd resist. Enter Chelsea. She's at
I honestly have not read straight-up romance for YEARS, maybe not since I was in high school. Task #10 on the Read Harder challenge is "a romance novel by or about a PoC" so I picked this one up. I absolutely love that the guy lead has Asperger's and that it is stated explicitly and discussed accurately. It is a well-written, super-cute story with engaging characters and I was totally entertained. What more could I ask for, honestly? Three stars instead of four because (1) the fact that the reso ...more
Patty
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, library
Source: Library

I LOVED THIS!!!
Liz B
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
The author handled the big reveal really well. I liked the heroine and the hero--both are memorable. I also liked the workplace parts of the novel. This was a good purchase.
Liz
Oct 22, 2020 rated it liked it
I actually really enjoyed this. My issue was that the conflict was evident from about the third sentence of the book so I spent the entire time waiting for it to happen. I did like how it was resolved and how the relationship was handled overall. 3.5 stars.
Lynsey A
Ooh, another good one by Tracey Livesay. She really does write a compelling story and just has a great way with words. She does the angst well and it isn't overdone. You really feel for both characters and everything they are going through.

This is definitely an author to read if you want a good and sexy, entertaining story. Highly recommend!
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• 40-Love (There's Something About Marysburg, #2)
  • Damaged Goods (Ravenswood, #1.5)
  • A Girl Like Her (Ravenswood, #1)
  • Teach Me (There's Something About Marysburg, #1)
  • Missing Hearts
  • That Kind of Guy (Ravenswood, #3)
  • Pretty Face (London Celebrities, #2)
  • Hearts on Hold
  • Take the Lead (Dance Off, #1)
  • The Write Escape
  • Untouchable (Ravenswood #2)
  • Scoring off the Field (WAGS, #2)
  • Xeni (Loose Ends #2)
  • Can't Block My Love (Hockey Gods #1)
  • Tikka Chance on Me
  • A Hope Divided (The Loyal League, #2)
  • Rafe: A Buff Male Nanny (Loose Ends #1)
  • Misconception (Unrequited #2)
Tracey Livesay writes smart, sexy and emotional contemporary romances where strong, successful heroines find love with powerful, passionate heroes. In addition to winning the 2020 Emma Award for Best Interracial Romance, she’s been featured in The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Chicago Tribune, Entertainment Weekly and on CBS This Morning. A graduate of the University of Virginia and the ...more

Shades of Love (3 books)
  • Along Came Love (Shades of Love, #2)
  • Love Will Always Remember (Shades of Love, #3)