Start by marking “Fortune (High Road Divide, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fortune (High Road Divide, #1)

Fortune

(High Road Divide #1)

A painter, a poet, a publicist, and a punk-rock princess... the boys of High Road Divide have no idea that this tour will change everything.

Tommy Fortune hadn’t realized he was looking for something different until he meets Cassandra Ryan. Soon their connection blurs the line between fame and reality, and it doesn't take long for Cassandra to follow her inspiration into hi
Published May 31st 2016

To ask other readers questions about Fortune, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fortune

Taylor Knight
I read this book during a really busy couple of days and I had barely any time to read. But every spare second I had, I was reading Fortune. Whenever I had to put this book down, I was so upset because I just wanted to keep reading.

This book was so amazing. I knew that I would love it and I was super excited to read it but somehow this book was even better than I was expecting. This book blew me away.
I loved the characters so much. They're so well written and developed. I loved how Tommy didn'
Candace Robinson
I received an ARC of this book to read and at first I wasn't sure because I hate most of the "rockstar" type books, but this one was actually really good. I loved the fact that Tommy was really sweet and not a cocky annoying guy, and Cassandra was awesome too! An overall great read for the summer! To check out full review visit my blog https://literarydust.wordpress.com/20...
Allissa
Apr 19, 2016 rated it really liked it

What can I say about Tia that I haven't already said? I've loved both of her previous novels (Hey Sunshine & Night Fox), and this one was no exception!

Though the plot of Fortune is one we've seen often, Tia managed to keep me COMPLETELY hooked right from the beginning! With her fantastic characters, beautiful writing and incredibly realistic relationships, she has quickly become one of my favorite New Adult writers, ever.

In Fortune, we experience a relationship most young (and young
Monica Graves (nightreads)
Apr 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, read-in-2016
Amazing!! I read this book in one sitting with almost no breaks in between, and it's 4am. I always know it's a good book in my opinion when it keeps me up this late.

This is the third book Tia has published and all three of them have been a 5 star read for me. They were just perfection! This book was unique when it comes to rock star romances. And out of all the rockstar male characters I have read, Fortune is definitely one of my all time favorites if not my favorite. There is no doubt that Tia
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
I've loved Tia's other 2 books. Her writing style is great so I was excited to dive into this one. But unfortunately, Fortune was just an ok book for me.

Full review to come.
Patty
May 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, kindle
OPENING LINE
“Nothing else that happens today will be better than this.”

Fortune is my first read by Tia Giacalone! I bought Hey Sunshine late last year after seeing a lot of photos and talk about it in Instagram, but still haven’t gotten around to reading it. Tisk, tisk, Patty. Since I haven’t read Hey Sunshine or Night Fox, I didn’t really know what to expect going into this. I figured it would be a good read. Was it? No. It was an AMAZING READ!!

I mean, I’m not surprised that I loved Fortune. Th
Portia Lynn (itsportiasbooks)
I am so picky when it comes to books about rockstars/boy bands, because I fear cheesiness, but this... I LOVED THIS BOOK.

Most of us, no matter the age, have a soft spot for boy bands. You are either currently really into boy bands (One Direction is pretty much a thing still, right?) or you grew up on NKOTB, BSB, and N*SYNC (this is my category) or maybe all of the above apply to you. But boy bands just are not currently my jam. So I didn’t actually know a book series about boy bands was somethi
alyssa
Apr 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Tia has a unique way of writing, it's hard to expalain. You have to experience it to understand it. Her writing has a way of seeking up on you and the next thing you know your finished with the book. Fortune was exactly that for me. I loved everything about this book. Tommy has one of the most genuine hearts who always does for others. Cassandra is a girl who's trying to make something of herself while trying not to let people take advantage of her and her talent. When Tommy asks Cassandra a onc ...more
Taylor
Apr 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Tia did it again. I wouldn't change one thing about this book. High Road Divide is here to stay and I'm happy to sit, watch, and read.
From page one I was hooked. Tia knows how to pull the reader in and draw them closer to the characters, and the story line in a blink of an eye. I love her writing style and how the characters seem to leap off the page. And Fortune was no different.
Cassandra is an aspiring artist, trying to find her way in this crazy place...we call life. As of her life now, she
Amanda
Aug 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is my first Tia Giacalone book and to say I was completely obsessed is putting it midly... I love the way Tia writes. She makes you apart of the characters, the story...

I love Tommy Fortune. He stole my heart instantly. The way this story flowed 100% pulled me in from the beginning. I had to have the whole story. Cassandra is a painter... Tommy is a signer... the moment these two meet you instantly feel the chemistry. They just had to know each other. They couldnt keep away. Cassandra Ryan
Socially Book Nerd
May 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was given a free copy for an honest review
Thomas Fortune is a sexy rock god, along with his band mate of High Road Divide. Cassandra is an artist/waitress, and curvy red head.
Tommy bumps into Cass by chance at her restaurant, when he is trying to be an "normal" guy. It didn't turn out so well and Cass helps him discreetly escape. Tommy is of course into by cass, she is "normal" sarcastic and truthful. A far cry from the women he's been with before. (word to the wise ladies.. to get the rock st
Jenna
Jun 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I've read all of Tia's books and this one is my favorite for sure! I've always been into the whole misunderstood, bad-but-good male character that is secretly just looking for the one. Coupled with the fact that he is a popular rock star and you've got mine and every fan girl's fantasy. Tia really hits this concept on the head and makes you squeal in delight with how Tommy treats Cassandra. Cassandra is relatable and funny, and not dumb like I feel like a lot of female leads are in romance books ...more
Amanda [Novel Addiction]
Review to come!
Vagabonda Reads
Jun 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Cassandra (Cass) Ryan has had a rough start in life. At an age where she should be pursuing her dream of art school, Cass finds herself at a dead end, waitressing at a small Italian restaurant in San Diego. Despite everything thrown her in life, Cass has a good value system in place. So when British punk rock star Tommy Fortune (her music idol) shows up one evening at her table, rather than fangirl over him Cass treats Tommy with dignity and respect. An act that does not go unnoticed by Tommy.

To
Emmyjo
Jun 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I read this book in 2 days. It was that good.
Now this story is told from two points of views. Tommy Fortune and Cassandra.
We meet Cassandra who is a waitress but an inspiring Artist. She sells freelance art to help make ends meet with her waitress job. Her best friend Maya works with her and they both love High Road Divide a rock pop band. So when Cassandra wins two tickets for their concert, it would seem luck is finally starting to happen for her.
Tommy just wanting to get away just got the eve
Stacey
Holy Hell y'all, get on the Tia train fast because this author is going places! I can't say that I have ever witnessed an author's ascension towards greatness before but I feel like that is what is happening here!

I loved Tommy and Cassandra, they both read like real people that you can easily relate to. You fall in love with them and hope their future includes one another. And let's face it, their whole situation is one that we all daydream about so it made for a fun read.

The central problem (b
Banrigh
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am very selective when it comes to books about rockstars, after reading many they seem to get vapid in the story line. Though the scenario is one we have seen before, it doesn’t get stale in the telling. But I do know one thing….. I LOVED THIS BOOK.

Cassandra, the artist, and Tommy, the rockstar, have wonderful chemistry. Cassandra is very down to earth in her expectations and Tommy is not the typical rockstar. He is a very complex character. It was nice to read about a relationship that was lo
Debbie
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
This is my first book by this author and the writing is very good. The characters are well developed and this version of a rock star story was very focused on the relationship between Tommy and Cassandra and less on the rock star life. They meet when he walks into the restaurant she works at. She helps him get away from the paparazzi and over time they develop a friendship through phone calls and a few meetings. He convinces her to go to Vegas with him for his first tour show. She is a huge fan ...more
Alexis
Oct 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Tia Giacalone is easily one of my favorite author discoveries. After discovering her work at an event, I have fallen in love with her writing.

Tommy Fortune is everything you'd ever want in a romance novel. There is no unecessary plot twists and everything is perfectly placed for just the right amount of romance and drama. The story captivated me from beginning to end.

I cannot wait to pick up more of her books. I urge readers to give it a try. She has become one of my favorite authors and I'm l
Brianna Maddox
FREAKING LOVED THIS BOOK! As to be expected honestly... I've LOVED Tia's other 2 books. I love her writing style so I was excited to dive into this new series. I'll have a full review soon! You guys gotta read this one and meet Tommy and Cassandra!!!!
D.B.
4.5 stars. The ending felt too rushed. Personally, I would've loved a couple more chapters detailing the whole Sophie ordeal and Tommy & Cass' getting back together. I still loved it. Tia has a way with words.
kathleen waugus
Aug 09, 2018
Drew_93
rated it it was ok
Apr 15, 2017
Tia is a Southern California hairstylist, a former English Lit major, and blogger-turned-author. After four years of writing a now-retired personal site, her work has been featured on numerous forums including Open Salon and Hooray Collective. She believes in eyeliner as a defense mechanism, equal rights, and Marc Jacobs. Her favorite things include One Direction, story time, and the overzealous u ...more