Start by marking “Sally's Baking Addiction: Irresistible Cookies, Cupcakes, and Desserts for Your Sweet-Tooth Fix” as Want to Read:

Updated with a brand-new selection of desserts and treats, the Sally's Baking AddictionCookbook is fully illustrated and offers more than 80 scrumptious recipes for indulging your sweet tooth—featuring a chapter of healthier dessertoptions, including some vegan and gluten-free recipes.

It's no secret that Sally McKenney loves to bake. Her popular blog, Sally's Baking
Published November 9th 2016 by Race Point Publishing (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Sally's Baking Addiction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sally's Baking Addiction

Start your review of Sally's Baking Addiction: Irresistible Cookies, Cupcakes, and Desserts for Your Sweet-Tooth Fix
Rachel
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was so happy to get this for Christmas last year, as it is my first cookbook created by one of the many foodie bloggers (back before they were super popular and everyone knew them)! ;) I've made a few things like the scrumptious cookies on the cover, blueberry muffins, and some blondies! All delicious! I love that she's included various categories, so it's not all sweets (though there are lot's of sweet things to make, of course). She has a few things more on the healthy and savory side as ...more
Marie Segares
Jul 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sally’s Baking Addiction is a visual delight. In the opening section, Sally shares her list of kitchen essentials and provides more details about the ingredients (such as which brands and types of peanut butters she used).

The book primarily consists of recipes – 76 in total. In each recipe, there’s a “Sally Says” section that includes tips or more details.The book also includes vibrant photographs (usually two or three for each recipe), and it’s organized into eight chapters:

Breads & Muffins
Natalie Casper
Dec 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sally's blog is my bible and I'm so happy to add her cookbook to my stash! She has so many great tips throughout the cookbook, plus a few recipes I normally wouldn't have considered just perusing her website.
Nikki
Dec 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I made the salted caramel cheesecake dip, it was really easy. This was my first time making caramel, and the book walked me right though it. Delicious!
BRNTerri
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

This is a very nice hardcover book that has a photo of every recipe but not always one of the finished product, with the oatmeal scotchies being an example of that. At the time of this review I've made seven recipes. All but two of them turned out good. The sugar cookies and peanut butter cookies are truly great recipes with the sugar cookies being the most versatile since you can add anything to the dough- nuts, chocolate chips, dried fruit, ect. There's a great variety of flavors too, like
Iris Lapman
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you are a sweet tooth, you might’ve poured yourself over these delicious recipes by Sally McKenny.

The recipes really work and the results turn out OUTSTANDING! Mark my words for it.

One of the many recipes I made from the cookbook was the mini chocolate chip cookies!
After baking for awhile and plopping ‘em into the oven and cooling them, I took a bite.

My mouth was filled with an amazing cookie!

Sally’s cookbook is filled with many recipes from breads to cookies and so much more.

Her
Amanda
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love this cookbook! I have tried almost every recipe in this book and have had great successful with all but one of them. (The recipe that didn't turn out very well for me was the Pumpkin Chocolate Chip bread.) In addition to the great recipes, I really liked that Sally starts off the book with an introduction into baking with a description of different kitchen tools and techniques. I imagine this would be very helpful for people who aren't experienced in baking. For me, this ...more
Stacy
Jun 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this as a gift and have made a couple a few recipes s far, which have been delicious. All have been fruit based so far as I've been taking advantage of all of the summer fruits which are in season. I appreciate "Sally's Tips" that she includes with the recipes. This is a great addition to my cookbook collection.
Tara
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book has a lot of great recipes in it. It's not like some cookbooks where you look through them and struggle to find recipes that sound appealing. This really is a great collection - you feel like you're getting your money's worth with this book. As a beginner baker, I also found that many of the recipes in this book look very easy to make.
Cristy
Feb 27, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The recipes I’ve made from this book have been solid. It loses a star for me based on the copy; I don’t need emphasis throughout on “quick” and “easy”. The photography is excellent but the formatting of the recipe pages are cluttered.

Kata
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love everything about this book and recipes, the only issue is that sometimes it is just waaaay too much sugar...
Shealyn Kenny
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sally's recipes are my bible for real
Janet
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbook
Yummy, accessible recipes and a delight to read.
Evelyn
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-read-books
Out of all of the author's baking books, this one is my favorite. I prefer the blend of different treats vs just one kind. I want to eat them all!
Gloria
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
I've followed Sally McKenney's blog for a while and every time I make a recipe from her blog it's always a success. I picked up this book because 1. I love baking 2. I love recipes 3. I love cookbooks.
This cookbook doesn't disappoint. There are really helpful tips and reminders for each recipe, visually the layout of each recipe isn't overwhelming and the steps are all easy to follow. I've made a couple of different recipes from the book but my favorite is still the Lemon bread. It has become
Elizabeth Webber
Love! Love! Love! I am a decent baker, but not anything particularly spectacular. With the help of this book I was baking like a pro without any special equipment or complex instructions. The directions are short and simple. The pictures are gorgeous and the pages high quality. The baked goods are DELICIOUS. In short, this is a great cookbook.

The 77 recipes in this book are divided into eight sections: Breads and Muffins, Breakfast, Brownies and Bars, Cakes Pies and Crisps, Candy and Sweet
Bianca
Apr 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks, owned
I love this cookbook, it has tons of great recipes and a perfect number of well-taken photos. The tips at the beginning of the book are quite helpful and I have not made a single bad recipe from this book.
Recipes I've Made:
Cinnamon Roll Blondies
I've made these twice before and they are SO GOOD. They taste just like cinnamon buns yet are really easy to make. The icing has never turned out perfect- would tweak that a bit, but definitely not a dealbreaker.
Sugared Lemon Bars
This is a great lemon bar
Colleen  (The Book Lover Blog)
A few years ago, I came across Sally’s Baking Addiction Blog when I was browsing the internet for a cupcake recipe. I decided to try her Lemon cupcakes (which made it into in the cookbook) with vanilla buttercream frosting and they were a huge hit with my family and guests. They were sweet, moist and had just the perfect hint of lemon. Since then, I’ve followed Sally’s blog, trying out many recipes for many occasions. I wasn’t surprised when she released her first cookbook, Sally’s Baking ...more
Monika
Dec 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: food, non-fiction
Confession: I am not a good baker. With only a few attempts at making cookies, the cookies always come out as a thin cake. The cupcakes I make are always too sweet, or unevenly mixed or don’t look nice. I came across this book at work and flipped through the pictures. The photographs are absolutely beautiful and appetizing! I happened to have macadamia nuts on hand, so I decided to make the White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Blondie. I only had a tin foil pan on hand, which made me nervous but the ...more
Kim
Jun 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book. I love the layout, that there are pictures of every item, that Sally measures in cups/spoons and weight and the variety of recipes. This book also makes my rule for buying a cookbook: easy-to-find ingredients. Most of the called for items, I stock in my kitchen regularly - makes it easy to whip together a batch of anything!

I highly recommend this book (it makes a beautiful gift, too)!
Pammie
Feb 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good recipes, the ones I tried were delicious. I made her cookies and tried chilling the dough but the result for me was the same as when I do the Nestle recipe and don't chill the dough. Disappointed that the trick didn't work to make me thicker, chewier cookies. Still a great collection of recipes for anyone looking to add a few new desserts to their repoirtoire.
Cassie
Jan 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A solid book with a strong voice from its blogging author, though not as charming as a similar book I've read recently. There are a lot of well-explained basics on which one can build a variety of baked goods. However, the author's tone can seem a bit condescending, and that distracts from the book, at least for pleasure reading purposes.
Diona Young
Nov 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So much yummmm

There were so many drool-inducing recipes in this book and each one has a mouth-watering picture. Best of all, none of them seems too aspirational! Valley's recipes and guidance or clear, fun, and make you feel 100% capable.
Cagne
Mar 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
Appealing graphics, appetible pictures, the book is structured as one full page photo matching one full page recipe, gold for the visually inspired people that don't find a recipe complete without seeing the result.
Minna
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I made the mistake of thinking I could just check this out from the library. BIG mistake. Nope, a quick perusal pretty much informed me that this is one I need to buy, pronto.
I think I want to make - and eat (!) - every single thing in here.
Karen
Apr 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have already made the coconut macaroons. They were delicious and easy. I cannot wait to try another recipe. Sally makes recipes with easy to find ingredients and offers suggestions for substitutions.
Heather
Mar 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love that this book is a collection of recipes from my favorite food blog. I can't wait to try all of the recipes. Love the Sally says sections and how there is an introduction for each recipe.
Danielle D
Aug 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my favorite go to cookbooks for desserts! Never fails me!
Carole Lightner
May 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Can't wait to start baking.

There are many recipes I want to try. I liked the introduction, very easy to read, a lot of good information.
Ann Marie
A lot of good recipes with simple ingredients usually kept on hand or easily picked up.

• The Cookies & Cups Cookbook: 125+ sweet & savory recipes reminding you to Always Eat Dessert First
  • Joy the Baker Homemade Decadence: Irresistibly Sweet, Salty, Gooey, Sticky, Fluffy, Creamy, Crunchy Treats
  • Half Baked Harvest Super Simple: More Than 125 Recipes for Instant, Overnight, Meal-Prepped, and Easy Comfort Foods: A Cookbook
  • Simply Alice (Alice, #14)
  • Alice Alone (Alice, #13)
  • Hope's Table: Everyday Recipes from a Mennonite Kitchen
  • Weeknight Baking: Time-Saving Recipes to Make Any Night of the Week
  • Patiently Alice (Alice, #15)
  • Including Alice (Alice, #16)
  • Alice on Her Way (Alice, #17)
  • Alice in the Know (Alice, #18)
  • Sammy Keyes and the Curse of Moustache Mary (Sammy Keyes, #5)
  • Sammy Keyes and the Hollywood Mummy (Sammy Keyes, #6)
  • Home Work: A Memoir of My Hollywood Years
  • Hey Natalie Jean: Advice, Musings, and Inspiration on Marriage, Motherhood, and Style
  • Summer of a Thousand Pies
  • The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Dinnertime: Comfort Classics, Freezer Food, 16-Minute Meals, and Other Delicious Ways to Solve Supper!
  • The Homemade Pantry: 101 Foods You Can Stop Buying and Start Making