Start by marking “Lurking in the Shadows (Lurking series, #2)” as Want to Read:
Lurking in the Shadows (Lurking series, #2)

Lurking in the Shadows

(Lurking #2)

Embrace the darkness.

Murderous entities, haunted houses, screaming banshees, and sympathetic necromancers are just a few of the chilling things you’ll encounter in this anthology. Follow our authors into the shadows … if you dare.

Stories featured in this anthology include the following:

“Release” by E.M. Fitch

“On Two Lane Roads” by Shelly Schulz

“Too Young to Kill” by Lily L
Kindle Edition
Published June 28th 2016 by Crushing Hearts & Black Butterfly

To ask other readers questions about Lurking in the Shadows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lurking in the Shadows

Elisa Hordon
Jun 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
lurking in the Shadows

An anthology of Paranormal, Supernatural, thrillers and horror.
I am not normally a horror fan but sometimes it's good to give yourself a good scare...lol
 I find horror movies funny I know weird right but books I find harder they seem more real even though I know it's a work of fiction my mind tends to work in over drive making the horror stories come to life in my mind.
Lurking in the Shadows was a great compilation of short stories I really enjoyed the whole anthology each
Heidi
Jun 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
I received an ARC of Lurking in the Shadows in exchange for an honest review.

What an amazing group of authors that have compiled their talents in this anthology of horror/creepy tales! A total of eleven short stories with a wide range of spookiness. From haunted houses to revenge-seeking entities to unsettled spirits, this anthology keeps you guessing what is hidden in the shadows.

I usually have mixed feelings about anthologies because how often can you get a group of authors with varying writin
A. Powers
Jun 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
I love anything having to do with horror, creepiness, and terrifying tales, so I was super excited to read this book. The title alone is pretty awesome. All of the stories were pretty unique and entertaining, and they seemed to get better and better as the book progressed. However, I didn’t really think that any of the stories were all that scary. They were more “paranormal” than horror and just weren’t what I was expected when I picked up this book. Overall, I found myself laughing more than an ...more
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
Read my full review at http://blackwords-whitepages1977.blog...

What an awesome Anthology of Horror Stories. Each story kept me hooked and wanting to read more. The very first story was my all time favorite one. The author added humor with his horror and made for an excellent story to start out with. Each author had their own awesome and personal twists to each story. I giggled at times and at times I was scared out of my wits while reading them. I highly recommend this story to all horror lovers
Jacqueline Smith
Apr 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This is not a book you want to read before bed. Or when you're home alone in the middle of the night. Or if you scare easily.
If you enjoy a good werewolf/banshee/demon/things-that-go-bump-in-the-night story, this just might be the anthology for you.
Now, I'm a bit biased. I did write one of the stories for this book. And I'll admit that I had to write my story in increments because I ended up scaring myself. It's definitely the darkest story I've ever written, including my Cemetery Tours ghost s
A.G. Dow
Jun 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Tales of the undead, paranormal beasts, and all that goes bump in the night can be found in the new anthology, Lurking in the Shadows. We've heard the stories and have experienced the fear, paranoia, and nightmares brought on by an overactive imagination after reading about the Boogie Man, Dracula, and Werewolves, but these eleven tales offer a new or unique twist on the tried and true horror we've all come to love.

The entire book proved to be a fun read, but I definitely had a couple of favori
Sheri
Jun 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Lurking in the Shadows By Jaidis Shaw

A fantastic anthology of horror, thrills, paranormal, dark & twisted stories. Each Author brings their own touch: unique, original, fascinating, captivating, compelling....truly a page turner. I loved each story, they are all excellent and hard to choose a favorite. But I must admit ; The House on Juniper Lane (Jaidis Shaw), was one of my favorites. Chilling to the bone. Lurking in the Shadows is a must read for those who love spooky page-turning tales.
K.L. Hallam
Aug 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Not a huge horror fan, unless the horror is more psychological and I have to say this anthology gave me the spooks! Some favorite stories were "Release" by E.M. Fitch, "Too Young to Kill" by Lily Luchesi, and "An Empty Building" by Jacqueline E. Smith. I love anthologies because they give me a glimpse of authors I might have missed otherwise.
Nessa
Apr 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a great compilation of stories which were all well written and had me absorbed into each unique story. Some had surprise endings which I just loved, making this a great addition to the horror genre with it's vampires, ghosts, banshees, etc.. This was ultimately a significantly pleasurable and entertaining read. :)
Lorraine
May 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star, anthology
This book is a great anthology of short horror stories.
All the authors did a great job with the suspense and 'horror' in their own tales - some scarier than others!

The book, as a whole, was an enjoyable read. As always with an anthology, I had some favourites!

I loved the suspense and creepiness of Lily Luchesi's Too Young to Kill, although at the end I wanted it to continue so that Drew and Adrienne 'got what they deserved', as Elisa wasn't portrayed as a bad person through the story!

I also enj
Autumn
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Not gonna lie the cover of this book called me to grab it up!

For me I loved this whole book! The stories were short and to the point and some of them even had little twits in them that left me going WHAT! I loved that. All these authors are new to me but one and I really enjoyed the writing of these authors.

We go from spooky houses, demons, to losing a child and so much more in between.

Each story was well written and just pulls you into the world the auth
VeronicaMarie1986
Jun 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review. My honest review is, this book is FANTASTIC! The stories in this book grab you in and don't let go. The authors did a wonderful job with the suspense, the characters, and the horror. I am a huge fan of horror, especially horror anthologies, and this book does not disappoint in any way. If you like horror, do not hesitate to buy this. You won't regret it!!
Laura Jones
Jun 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
review of Lizzie by Tania Hagan

I loved this story. It was easy to read, well organized, and thought provoking. As with this authors other book, The Cure, the reader is immediately taken into the plot of the story. She keeps you on edge for what is going to happen so it is difficult to put it down. I personally want to read more from Tania Hagan.
Georgiann Hennelly
Aug 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A wonderfully written Anthology of Horror Stories.
Each Author added Humor along with the Horror. There is a total of eleven short stories each with a wide range of spookiness. I loved The House on Juniper Lane ( Jaidis Shaw) From Haunted Houses to unsettled Spirits this Anthology really kept me wondering? What is really hiding in the Shadows!
Larry III
Nov 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent read for a dark and stormy night

I am a fan of horror, the paranormal, and the bizarre. All these stories kept me going. Couldn't just read one.....had to binge read. I will be reading more books by these talented authors.

Natalie Leon
Dec 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Lizzie is my favorite story! Tania Hagan is an amazing writer!
Malcolm Macleod
Cathy Blackbear
rated it it was ok
Apr 09, 2017
Tania Hagan
Apr 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Tania Hagan
Dec 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Jacqueline Smith
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Samantha
May 12, 2017
Yadira Leiva
May 05, 2016
Melissa
Jul 25, 2017
Lily Luchesi
Apr 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
New Apple Literary Services
Sep 27, 2016
Tamara
Dec 22, 2017
  • Dead of Winter (The Rift #2)
  • MIND: The Beginning (MIND, #1)
  • Darkness Betrayed (Torn #2)
  • Moonchild (Moonchild, #1)
  • Puppet Skin
  • Ghostbusters: Tobin's Spirit Guide
  • Ashen Rayne (Shadowlands, #1)
  • Breathe Into Me
  • The Eternal Echo
  • Mystical High (The Desert Series, #1)
  • Salvation (Invicta, #1)
  • The Twin Dragons (Golden Crown, #2)
  • Black Jack
  • Nightmares in Analog: Three Supernatural Tales
  • Hungry For You
  • Lychgate
  • Stir Until Thoroughly Confused (Toronto #4)
  • The Naughty Box
Jaidis Shaw currently resides in South Carolina with her husband and beautiful children. With a passion for reading, Jaidis can always be found surrounded by books and dreaming of new stories. She enjoys challenging herself by writing in different genres and currently has several projects in the works.

Jaidis also owns and operates Juniper Grove Book Solutions, voted #1 Best Promotional Firm, Site,

Lurking (3 books)
  • Lurking in the Deep (Lurking series, #1)
  • Lurking in the Mind (Lurking series, #3)