Start by marking “The Mountain Man's Dog” as Want to Read:
The Mountain Man's Dog

Read Book* *Different edition

The Mountain Man's Dog

(Mountain Man #1)

In the small town of Clarkesville, in the heart of the Oregon Cascade Mountains, a humble forester stumbles into the complex world of crooked cops and power-hungry politicians… all because he rescues a stray, injured dog on the highway.

Lehigh Carter never really meant to adopt the dog. But his ex-fiancée, Stacy McBride, convinces him to do it, with a promise to help. Their
ebook
Published June 15th 2016 by Gary Corbin

To ask other readers questions about The Mountain Man's Dog, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mountain Man's Dog

Start your review of The Mountain Man's Dog
Briar's Reviews
The Mountain Man's Dog is a thrilling read!

This book is a fantastic mixture of action, romance, mystery and a dash of politics! We follow Lehigh (Lee) and his dog Lucky as he woos an old friend named Stacy and gets involved with the wrong people...

The fast paced momentum of this book will keep you hooked at every turn, and the even mixture of action, mystery and romance will also keep you on your toes. I like that it didn't stay to just one "genre" throughout this book, because this style worked
Sophie
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: action, romance, thriller
Lehigh finds an injured dog on the road and the only place he can take her is the vet that his ex-girlfriend works for.

The author is trying to hit too many genres with this. The 1st section reads like a romance then there's an abrupt change of pace to thriller. I didn't see the humour mentioned in the blurb.

There also seemed to be a lot of loose ends and unexplained details - ie how did lucky end up injured in the first place. The details of Stacey's life seemed thrown in for effect not for reas
Dawn
Aug 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mtn man brings a stray dog to the clinic where his former fiancé is the mgr or caretaker. It has been 12 years since they have spoken. She moved on and now is divorced. He really never did recover and soon they become involved. I like the characters but the story is a little superficial. I will read others by this author though. Thanks!
Denise Spicer
Oct 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Set in a small Oregon town, the main character Lee Carter, rescues a dog, reunites with an old flame and solves a mystery.
Peggy Coquet
Oct 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a good read! The mystery was mysterious enough, and the love affair was lovely. I look forward to the next one!
Carol
Mountain Man better known as Lehigh Carter
lives in the Cascade Mountain located in Oregon.
Lehigh manages more than 350 acres of trees
for his family plus about 500 customers. He lives
alone in a remote area.
Lehigh’s life is about to change. He discovers a
yellow hound dog limping and bleeding.
The Sheriff sends Lehigh to the Clarksville Animal
Clinic to get the dog help. This happens to be
where Stacy McBride, Lehigh’s old flame works.
It has been 12 years since they have seen each
other. Ther
Penny Marks
Jun 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Mountain Man's Dog is the first book in hopefully a long series by Gary Corbin. If I could give this book more than 5 stars I would! This is a fast paced amazing thriller that takes you on a roller coaster ride from the start. You have everything from intrigue and danger, corrupt cops and crooked politicians to some romance.
For Lee Carter(Lehigh) Oregon's Cascade Mountains are not only home but his livelihood. He is a logger that takes care of 350 plus acres for his family as well as 500 plu
P.S. Winn
Sep 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this story, that at first I thought might be a romance despite the title. The I realized it was a mystery with a conspiracy wrapped in an adventure. Lehigh Carter is a bit of a loner, when he finds a wounded dog on the side of the road, his first instinct is to leave the dog, then seeing blood, he decides maybe the Sheriff would be a better option. The Sheriff, not wanting to deal with the problem sends Lehigh to McBride Animal Clinic, which just happens to be run by Lehigh's old flame ...more
Andrea
Nov 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am glad this book is the first in a series. I will enjoy seeing all the characters develop throughout. I enjoyed this story and especially the familiar location sites. I greatly appreciated the lack of gratuitous anything which is such a rarity these days because it puts focus where it should be, on the story.
LuAnn
The first thing I noticed about the cover of The Mountain Man's Dog by Gary Corbin is that there was a dog. The second thing is that the dog is injured. Oh! So I had to give Lehigh credit for being a 'dog man', extra credit for being a man who stopped to help out an injured dog, and third degree credit because he didn't even like dogs, since being bitten as a child.

His old flame works at the rescue center and they wind up rekindling that old flame Stacy. Problem is, Stacy's father is running fo
Kathy Davie
Mar 20, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime, thriller
First in the Mountain Man crime thriller series set in the Oregon Cascade Mountains in late September and revolving around Lehigh Carter, a forester who simply wants to be.

The Mountain Man's Dog was sent to me by BookSirens for an honest review.

My Take
It's a David and Goliath tale with the underdog up against corrupt politicians and with a scumbag senator willing to sell out his own daughter! No different from any other politico. More interested in himself than any one else, including his family
Deborah Gebhardt
Faye
Jul 30, 2018 rated it liked it
This was a light-hearted romance. There was really no mystery because it was always clear who was behind the problems suffered by Lehigh, the hero of the story. One of the most interesting characters was Lucky, the dog, and how Lehigh got over his fear of all dogs by coming to love Lucky. I would read more by this author. (I did not read this book twice but can’t correct that information.)
beverley lee
Jul 10, 2016
Patricia Lee Cross
Apr 26, 2019
Hilliary
rated it did not like it
May 07, 2020
Pjoe Wheeler
Oct 01, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
Book Giveaways: Amazon mystery giveaway 1 18 May 03, 2018 06:52AM
Goodreads Authors...: Mountain Man Mysteries $2.99 and benefits wildfire relief 1 4 Aug 10, 2017 06:14PM
Book Giveaways: Mountain Man Series Double Giveaway! 1 14 Aug 10, 2017 04:49PM

• The Saint Plays with Fire
  • Marrying My Ex Boyfriend (Lovers' Lane #4)
  • N or M? (Tommy & Tuppence, #3)
  • The Witness
  • Primal Instinct (Bodyguard, #2)
  • Married to My Boss (Office Romances #1)
  • Savage Thunder (Wyoming, #2)
  • Viking Warrior Rebel (Viking Warriors #2)
  • Brother's Keeper
  • Tomorrow's Promise
  • The Fragrance Shed by a Violet: Murder in the Medical Center
  • Mystic Montana Sky (Montana Sky, #6)
  • Dating My Sworn Enemy (Lovers' Lane #5)
  • Perishables (The Withrow Chronicles, #1)
  • The Trade (Jersey Chasers, #1)
  • Once a Princess (Cardinia's Royal Family, #1)
  • Denying Davian (Paranormals of Avynwood Book 7)
  • Standoff
Gary Corbin is a writer, actor, and playwright in Camas, WA, a suburb of Portland, OR.

In his forthcoming character-driven police procedural, A Woman of Valor, rookie policewoman Valorie Dawes has a mission: take serial child molesters like Richard Harkins off the streets of her small hometown of Clayton, CT—for good. But can Valorie overcome the trauma she suffered as a child and stop Harkins fro

Mountain Man (3 books)