Start by marking “Revenge of the Lich” as Want to Read:
Revenge of the Lich

Revenge of the Lich

(Legends of the Nameless Dwarf #3)

3.66  ·  Rating details ·  210 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
The survivors of the slaughter at Arx Gravis flee their ravine city, leaving its walkways and canals awash with blood. Convinced there can be no atonement for what he has done, the Nameless Dwarf joins forces with a whiskerless thief, a guilt-driven assassin, and a consumptive wizard. Together, they pursue the dwarves into the lands of nightmare across the Farfall Mountain ...more
Published January 16th 2016 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published December 12th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Revenge of the Lich, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Revenge of the Lich

Montzalee Wittmann
Revenge of the Lich (Legends of the Nameless Dwarf #3) by D.P. Prior is my favorite book so far of the series. Of course the gang comes across more monsters to fight but Nameless also comes across something else that may help him battle, or will it? It seems to have a mind of its own. Love this epic fantasy.
Sorcered
Jan 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Probably the closest thing to playing Diablo on my e-book reader :) In other words, it's a fun, irreverent fantasy adventure with usual, yet different hero classes (morose, witty dwarf; dumb yet eager thief; dark wizard wannabe; and finally, in a slight departure from the norm, coward shapeshifter) and enemy types (humans! zombies! man-ants! werewolves! homunculi! demons! dragons! more!). The rag tag band of unlikely heroes go constantly from bad to worse, there's non-stop fighting, and yet I di ...more
Jake Scholl
Jan 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When a writer sends me an email requesting a review, I get a little nervous. There is no guarantee I will like the author's book, and I prefer not to write a scathing review. Which why I avoid writing bad reviews of books, and move on. I've posted a scathing review before, and deleted it because I didn't have anything constructive to say to help the author.

Thankfully that wasn't the situation with D.P Prior's novel The Nameless Dwarf.

The Nameless Dwarf novel take place in the same universe as
Daniel Beazley
May 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Nameless Dwarf chronicles are a must read for any fantasy fan. There are five books in total that make up this series and you will not be disappointed. I get quite frustrated when I read quality like this and then don’t see the books on the shelves in brick and mortar stores, especially considering this is one series I would love to see on my own bookshelf. I don’t know if Mr Prior has looked at finding a publisher but they’d be a fool not to snap him up.

As you have probably guessed the seri
Neha Verma
Apr 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

The story unfolds with Nils Fargin, the son of a guild master being tasked with the simple objective of leading a nameless dwarf to a wizard known as Jankson Brau.

But like things always tend to take a twist for the worse; our heroes find themsleves in the bandit town of Malfen, where they have to confront and defeat their terrifying ruler, Shent, The Ant Man.

The characters have been beautifully portrayed and a lot of detailing has been done on their personalities.The author has also carefully de
Scott
Jan 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Nameless Dwarf is the Omnibus collection of all five books in the series. I was lucky enough to get reviewer copies of all of them as they came out and was very excited to see that he decided to release a single volume collection with some epic cover art.

I would rate the collection a 4.5, but since there are no half stars it gets rounded up. The stories really get stronger as you progress through them making it so I have no problem with the 5 star ranking at all.

This is especially a great
Jul 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
W O W! I'm so glad I have the 4 book set! Rollercoaster of emotionally tumultuous encounters. So many irritating habits are truly part of human behavior and I couldn't stop hoping that 'this' would be the time the character/s would step up instead of fall back to their habits. Enjoyed the whole story and pleased I could simply hit the arrow tab on my Kindle and start Book 4!
Ami
Jul 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, series, horror
I love this series and this book (3rd of 4) is the best yet. Mr. Prior did a marvelous job writing the series thus far but book 3 is a masterpiece, in my opinion, of course. If you like action and dwarves, buy the first book and know that you have a wonderful read ahead of you.
Doug Ward
Apr 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
This book is a shogging good time!!! The characters really come alive. Is it sad that my second favorite character was the bad guy. I also like the idea that the heroes were flawed and gritty. It made it seem more like real life. Buy this book. You'll really like it! I did!!!
Craig Leimkuehler
I "picked" it up as an ebook special and I was pleasantly surprised. This was the second novel where a dwarf plays a major role. I thought the characters were interesting and the plot moved along. If you enjoy a good dwarf based fantasy novel this is worth reading.
Elias Gilbert
Jan 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this book: great artwork inside and out. The Nameless Dwarf rocks. Very well written - lots of pathos, lots of action, and it's full of humour.
Tom
Aug 08, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you love Michael Moorcock then this will be right up your alley. Gritty action packed axe swinging adventure.
Cheryl
Nov 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It ia a wonderful fantasy fiction book full of adventure & lovely characterization. I really was`nt ready for it to be finished! I would definitely read more books by this author. ...more
Carole
Jan 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
The first author that i have read who is as good as J.R.R. Tolkien but does not copy his work, this book was brilliant and whisks you away into another world.
Shenstone
Oct 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An enjoyably entertaining read with great characters and landscapes.

Redemption is a tricky thing!
Chuck Breckenridge
Mar 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Fantastic!
Great writing and wonderful characters. A real tale of hurt and forgiveness. And a lot of adventure...
D.P. Prior
Jan 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Background:

It was against the laws of the dwarves to act in the world beyond their city, to study the old texts, or to enter the underworld—and with good reason. The deceptions of the Demiurgos, Father of the Abyss, are everywhere, and once before they brought betrayal and death on a scale that must never be repeated.

When they are accosted by one of their own with a demonic axe found on the brink of the Abyss, drastic measures are needed. The link between axe and wielder is broken by a helm of s
M. Thomas Apple
Feb 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
(Copied from my review on Amazon.com)

When I first downloaded this collection of short novels, I had few expectations. As a fan of and former player of D&D, I simply assumed it was typical hack-and-slash. In fact, I found it very difficult to sympathize with any of the main characters after the first book. They just didn't seem to have any redeeming qualities and appeared to be actively attempting to dispose of the other characters at every chance (much like a former group of D&D players
Juan Rodriguez
It was a tough read. The first 2 or 3 books could have been omitted . Too slow moving and could have been shared with a paragraph on each of the characters as they joined the trek. When the real action started it had a Keystone Cop quality to it. Run somewhere and fight then run somewhere else and fight, lather, rinse, repeat.
Tim
Dec 31, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Self-published fantasy fiction and not really five different books, but rather one intact story. Not perfect in pacing or continuity, the characters were still compelling, the world interesting, and the plot relentless in its forward momentum.
David
Jan 25, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I very much enjoyed reading this chronicle of the nameless dwarf. The characters were distinctive and had plausible emotions. Some of the prose was murky and there were some pacing issues but it was overall an enjoyable romp.
Joanna
Jan 11, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall, this was a fun adventure tale. I wish the characters had been a little more developed. It reminded me of YA fiction at times, with some adult content thrown in just for the heck of it.
Ralph Trickey
This was previously published as The Nameless Dwarf: The Complete Chronicles

Very actiony. Decent story and plot.
Vanessa
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
And the awesomeness continues. Again, I could not put it down. Onto the 4th book.
Chutney
Jan 30, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
a great fantasy book by an exciting author. One to watch in the future as this story and character have a long way to travel yet
David Shupe
Jun 12, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I could not finish it. Disjointed and derivative.
Mike
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When the Nameless Dwarf set off in pursuit of what remains of his people, he knows the journey through the nightmares of Qlippoth will be a challenge. The story that follows is the best of the bunch as Revenge of the Lich delivers where the two prior entries in the collection failed. Not only is there a more well defined conflict, the characters are easier to root for and to find common ground with. Nameless' tortured existence toes the line with overly moribund but rebound quickly each time it ...more
Deryk Allan
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another incredibly good read from D. P Prior, The nameless dwarf books just keep getting better.
Erth
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
now i am hooked. This was such a great, easy and creative book. i was hooked after the first page.

The characters were easy to fall in love with and follow, along with the story. the author made the mental visions so easy and vivid of the surroundings and the characters actions felt so real.

i would highly recommend this author and this book.
John
Jan 16, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
good read, 3.5 stars even, not a 4. All the normal things/place-holder characters but a decent writer & better tale that most of the tripe.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Sword's Call (The King's Riders, #1)
  • Arthur (The Grail Quest Trilogy, #1)
  • Romulus Buckle & the Engines of War (Chronicles of the Pneumatic Zeppelin, #2)
  • The Book of Wonder
  • Samurai Vs. Robo-Dick
  • A Circle Of Iron (Eldernost, #1)
  • A Storm in Tormay (The Complete Tormay Trilogy)
  • Storm Dancer
  • The King's Sword
  • Triangle: False Mirror
  • First of Her Kind
  • Palatine First (The Aurelian Archives, Vol. 1)
  • Elfhunter (Tales of Alterra, the World That Is #1)
  • Two Moons of Sera
  • Nine Lives (Part One) (The Katran Legacy, #1)
  • The Art of The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
  • Crown of Vengeance
  • Midnight Paths: A Collection of Dark Horror
D.P. Prior was born in Eastbourne in the south of England, spent a few years in Australia, and now lives in Florida, USA. A former actor, musician, psychiatric nurse, personal trainer, and fiction editor, he now writes full-time.

Prior is a student of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Muay Thai, Boxing, and Weight Lifting. He has a Bachelor's Degree in Drama, and has studied medieval history (focusing on the C

Legends of the Nameless Dwarf (4 books)
  • Carnifex (Legends of the Nameless Dwarf, #1)
  • Geas of the Black Axe (Legends of the Nameless Dwarf, #2)
  • Return of the Dwarf Lords (Legends of the Nameless Dwarf, #4)