Start by marking “Dash's Busy Day” as Want to Read:
Dash's Busy Day

Dash's Busy Day

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  6 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Learn basic direction concepts and counting as Dash the dragonfly flies left, then right, and all around the pond seeing several other pond inhabitants along the way. Simple, brightly colored, engaging character checking out the environment in which it lives, counting as it goes. The original illustrations were done in ink and watercolor and scanned into computer for final ...more
Kindle Edition
Published April 16th 2016 by Art by Perrin LLC

To ask other readers questions about Dash's Busy Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dash's Busy Day

it was amazing Average rating 5.00  ·

Start your review of Dash's Busy Day
Inishowen Cailín
May 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Dash's Busy Day is such a lovely book to share with your child. It is beautifully illustrated by the author and the book is educational in so many different ways. The most obvious of course are counting and learning directions but the scope for learning from this book is so much broader.

I read this story to a class of 5 year olds and they really loved it. They didn't complain that the creatures didn't look right (as they have done with similar books) and they enjoyed the counting from one to te
Chris
Jun 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My Take:
Dash the dragonfly has a busy day flying up, down, backwards, forwards, and every direction conceivable as he spends the day counting the creatures and objects he sees in his colorful world.

Children will enjoy counting along with Dash as they learn directions and numbers along the way. I have read picture books with my children and this would make a great addition to that collection.

The art style is soft pastel watercolors in the same style as the cover, and all of the characters in the
Carrie Westmoreland Kurtz
May 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a very cute book! As a former preschool teacher and a mother of two, I would definitely have read this book to me students and my own kids when they were little. Any book that is entertaining and educational at the same time is a great tool in classrooms.

I also really enjoyed the illustrations. Children will enjoy the bright colors and sweet, happy faces and, honestly, I found several of them extremely pretty! I love books with lovely pictures!

If you have children or if you teach young
John
Jun 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Dash is a dragonfly and a cute one at that. His busy day is spent traveling the neighborhood and seeing all the other creatures and sights. Each time he spots something he tells how many of them there are starting with one and going all the way to ten.

The pictures are very cute and the story easy to follow. It's a great way to introduce the concept of counting and numbers to little ones in a way they will enjoy. It's simple, short but an excellent read that teaches as well.
Chaslyn Williams
Apr 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Cute story

My daughter loved counting all things that dash found on his adventure. It's a cute book. :) :) :) :)
Gloria