Start by marking “Out of Bounds (The Summer Games, #2)” as Want to Read:
Out of Bounds (The Summer Games, #2)

Out of Bounds (The Summer Games #2)

3.84  ·  Rating details ·  4,520 Ratings  ·  563 Reviews
From the USA TODAY Bestselling author of Scoring Wilder, comes a sexy new STANDALONE novel.

I despise Erik Winter.

He’s arrogant and cruel—a man I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy—and by some twisted turn of fate, he’s my new Olympic gymnastics coach.

I’ve had to contend with gruff coaches in the past, but Erik is far worse. His stern demeanor complements a body built for int
Published August 1st 2016

To ask other readers questions about Out of Bounds, please sign up.

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Norah Una Sumner
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦
4.5 Stars!!

description

If you have read and enjoyed 'Settling the Score', the previous installment in this series, then I’m pretty sure you will love 'Out of Bounds' as well. This second installment in R.S. Grey’s newest sports romance series was simply wonderful. Intense (for the most part) and so very gripping from the first page, this second book in the series was hotter than I had anticipated. In fact, it was the hottest book I’ve read by this author so far. But here’s the thing, Rachel delivered more t
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

★★★★! Out of Bounds (stand-alone, book 2). Rigorous physical activities in & out of the bedroom as coach & gymnast prep for the Olympics!

“Brie wasn’t a woman that would try to fit whatever ideal mold I thought I had for a partner; she was a woman that shattered the mold and made me feel the excitement of young love again.”

Books in The Summer Games series are stand-alones:
Book 1: Settling the Score
Book 2: Out of Bounds

Out of Bounds(stand-alone) opens up to Olympic gymnast and Americ
Katerina
Jul 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Aaaaaaand it's live!! http://amzn.to/2aCAcI9

4.5 bright stars!!
“We were using each other, fucking and fighting like it was our job. We'd become each other's prisoners, twisting ourselves into a sexual Stockholm syndrome, but now we were in Rio.”

Katerina's guidelines on reading Out of Bounds
➺ Always be equipped with the essentials: fan, bottles of freezing water and easy access to a bathtub.
➺ Do NOT read in public or near parents/ judgy adults (most likely Muggles). Things can get really aw
Polly
Dnf at 52%

I waited until 3 days after the book went live to give a little review to be fair. Honestly, I'm still pretty fired up.

Look Erik was a asshole. Half the book he was a asshole who couldn't make up his mind. Not only that but Brie was super immature for her age.

My breaking point I will put in a spoiler tag below

and the fact that the author blasts a reviewer on her FB page? nope nope nope

(view spoiler)
Norah Una Sumner
Well this was certainly out of fucking bounds.

If you read reviews for this book you'll see that everyone mentions that 52% mark and the out of the blue shit that happens then. Being the sweet summer child I am, I genuinely thought that she FELL ASLEEP during her yoga session and that she's having some sort of sexual nightmare. OH, mark me very surprised and VERY DISTURBED when I realized by the end of that chapter that she was very much awake. First of all, I am a very open-minded person, I read
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
LIVE LIVE LIVE :D http://amzn.to/2aCAcI9

5 ERIK + BRIE STARS

Seriously this is absolutely fantastic!!!I loved it so much and I didn't want to finish it!!With this book Rachel took sexy to another level!!The story is intense,the writing flawless,the characters fantastic and the scenes between them super hot,yes yes more than the other books!!I love every part of this story!!

"I was playing with fire-no, I wasn't just playing with fire; I was rolling in it."

description

"You have a way of crawling under my skin
Stacey is Sassy
Jul 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, cont-sports

Well...I finished it.

***2.5 Stars***

I went into Out of Bounds with high expectations but unfortunately this one just didn't work for me. To start with it felt really, really long. Also, I'm all for seeing a hero at his worst and then gradually seeing the light shine through and hearts and flowers appear, but Erik (with a k) is a douchewaffle. That douchewaffle status stuck with him till nearly the end which is way too long for me. I don't expect perfection from my heroes but I also don't expect
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
May 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
5 Stars!
(ARC provided by author)

photo F252FBCB-C284-4EEA-AAD2-2AA8FDC4D27E_zpsadcz6zhw.jpg

Brie Watson is s 20 yr. old Olympic gymnast for the U.S. women's gymnastics team. She lives in Texas & has been doing gymnastics full time since she was 14. She wants to win the gold to provide a better life for herself & her mother. This is her first time at the Olympics & she's eager to prove herself.

Brie is planning to train in Austin for the next month before heading to Rio de Janeiro for the games. Suddenly Team USA's coach for the last 30 yrs.
R.S. Grey
Aug 01, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
XxTainaxX
Sep 29, 2016 rated it liked it
2.5 stars. Erik ends up being the USA Gymnastic's Team Olympic coach after the previous coach has a medical emergency and reluctantly retires. Brie is gymnast with a history that makes her popular with American fans and the best shot Erik has to prove that he knows what he's doing. There's also a strong attraction between these two that gets pushed away with animosity and snark. I've got to say that there were times where Erik wasn't very nice to Brie, or the other girls for that matter, but I d ...more
Amanda
Aug 01, 2016 rated it did not like it
DNF @ 52%. The guy is beyond dick- even for books with the cliche 'bad boy' in the title. What he does at 52% makes him unredeemable in my eyes. More than a little angry I stayed up to read this.

Off of my kindle! Get off of my kindle now!
Andie

Holy heck, this is R.S. Grey's sexiest book yet! This isn't your typical romance. Nope, this is angsty, push and pull, enemies to lovers Romance that will have your toes curling. Sound up your alley? Read on :)

Twenty-year-old Brie Watson is the newest IT girl in the gymnastics world, predicted to take Gold at the Olympics. As if that weren't already enough pressure, Brie knows she has to win Gold in order to give her single mother the life she deserves after the years of support and
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
2.5 Too Outta Bounds for me.

I wanted to love this, because I LOVED book 1 and 2. I read the blurb and because Im a total sucker for a good sport's romance! Add in the fact that this was a coach/athlete romance and I was sold!

This book ventures out of the soccer realm and into the world of gymnastics. The US Cinderella, Brie Watson is about to have her hands full with new team coach, the young sexy Erik Winter. Fairly predictable that they were gonna fall in lust right? I would have loved that,
Katy Loves Romance ❤️
Jul 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, sports-men
4 Stars
 photo CDE9F6CF-F98E-4042-A4AE-076D46BF3E30_zpsbomjs4hg.jpg

Ok I'm a hugeee Olympic Games fan, I just love the team spirit and how everyone as a country just pulls together to support each other. Then add gymnastics to the mix and I was both feet in, gymnastics is one of my fav sports and my daughter is into gymnastics too. My week revolves around a twice a week schedule of gymnastic practices and a child who can't keep still. So yeh I really couldn't wait for this book.. Plus she's a new author to me so I really wanted to try her after so many
Jen
Jul 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-favorites

R.S. Grey is one of my new favorite authors. I chose her as my challenge to read all of her books this year and I'm so glad I did. She writes the best romance comedies, but with this new book Out of Bounds, she brought the steam factor. I enjoyed Settling the Score, but this one wins a gold medal without a doubt.

"Gymnastics was in my heart. Competing gave me a rush of endorphins like nothing had before."

Brie Watson is a rising star in the gymnastics world. She started doing ballet as a kid, b
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)
R.S. Grey certainly knows how to feed my sports romance addiction—not to mention my Summer Olympics obsession. In Out of Bounds she takes the sport of competitive gymnastics, adds in a fabulous enemies to lovers scenario, tons of heat, and a touch of forbidden romance, and—voilà—you’ve got a winning combination.

I’ve read many books that are categorized as enemies to lovers stories. In actuality, it’s rare to find a book of this trope where the couple doesn’t just dabble in some irritation with e
Jayme
I am a sucker for sports romance and I enjoyed a lot Brie and Erik scuffles and bickering. It has emotional and funny moments. The surprise is how much sexy it was! I didn't expect that. Maybe a little too long, and not exactly romantic, but R.S. Grey is one of my favorite author, for sure. It was different than she accustomed us, but 4,5 stars is my rating, which best reflects my feelings after that.

more soon

***
ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!

Dali
R.S. Grey pens another intense, explosively hot and impossible to put down sports romance about an underdog gymnast and her stern and sexy coach.
“I liked the little game we were playing and I’d die before I let him see me falter.”

After winning three consecutive World gymnastic championships, Brie Watson is slated to become the next Olympic gold medalist. Something she desperately wants, not just because she has tirelessly dedicated almost her entire life to gymnastics, but because she wan
Quirky Omega
I read it. And it all felt wrong. Like "call-the-police-now" kind of wrong.

Initially, Erik's just cold. He's got an issue behaving professionally. He's bringing women home for one night stands knowing that the young gymnasts can see what's happening and it doesn't send out a great message. Well, rakes are like that and we have forgiven them for such misbehaviour in a lot of cases. Problem is it doesn't stop here. He's cold, domineering and mean towards his gymnasts and cannot behave normally aro
Shannon Moore
Aug 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Just a little introductory run down on a The Summer Games: Out of Bounds. It has slightly darker tomes with an enemies to lovers story line and a forbidden love/attraction between the characters. The sexual tension is off the charts, the banter, bickering and baiting (because I like alliterations) were fantastically written and a joy to read.

I'm having a hard time with Erik as a character. I wanted to love him the entire time, and I'm a huge fan of enemies to lovers stories. In Out of Bounds, m
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo 5414eaa133e259a6b13792b467b906_zpsp1wz99qm.gif

A sizzling sexy sports romance that is bound to have readers begging and craving for more!!! R. S. Grey has truly elevated her writing game as she has written one of the most sexiest, steamy sports romance that I have read. Who knew stepping out of bounds can lead to love? Well Rachel definitely did as she has written one of my favorite summer reads of 2016 and possibly my favorite book hero.

#OutOfBounds

If you are like me and are a big fan of enemies
Jaime
May 13, 2016 rated it it was ok
**2.5 Stars**

Let me start this off by saying that I LOVED Settling the Score, in fact I have liked/loved all of R.S. Grey's books. I was looking forward to this book ever since I finished Settling the Score and saw she was doing another in the series.

Unfortunately, I was really, really disappointed. To the point where I almost DNF, but out of respect for Ms. Grey (who is one of my favorite authors) I decided to push through it.

Brie is annoying, childish, and whiney. She's 20 years old and I
Jessica-❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
I read this the day it came out, but I didn't rate it right away. I loved Scoring Wilder. I have liked all the books that I have read by this author in the past. That's why I was surprised that I didn't love this one.

I read Out of Bounds straight through, because the author has a great writing style. It was easy to get caught up in the story. I liked the female friendships in this book. The main characters, Brie and Erik, have great sexual tension. The problem is that Erik is a comple
Malene_D *BadAndDirtyBooks*
2.5 Stars
This story started out so well. I was engrossed in the story and the characters. The plot was familiar, enemies to lovers, but that didn't discourage me from reading it. I love some fighting and making up. The sexy and naughty way. I was really enjoying Brie and Erik's bantering and fighting. The tension and lust between them was off the charts and so palpable that even my Kindle felt hot at times. I was so into the story.

But then I slowly started to feel irritated and disconnected with
Glire
“He wanted me, he didn’t want me. He used me, he tossed me aside. I couldn’t keep dedicating hours of my life to dissecting his every move. It was exhausting, toxic.”

¿Qué fue de la R.S. Grey que escribió Scoring Wilder y With This Heart? ¿Qué le pasó?

Esto no es un romance, es una historia erótica al nivel de Fifty Shades of Grey. Y no digo eso como un halago (no creo que nunca nadie jamás haya dicho eso como un halago).

Cuando comencé a leer Out of Bounds estaba segura de que el libro se llev
MARJORIE WHITETHORN-SOLO
Out of Bounds (The Summer Games, #2) by R.S. Grey

Overall rating: 2/5 stars – DNF at 50%... Here’s why…

Genre: Contemporary/Romance/New Adult/Sports
Type: Books 2 of 2 – Can be read as a standalone, The Summer Games series
POV: First person - dual POVs - Erik and Brie
Release date: August 1st, 2016

Overall thoughts:

This is a bit of a rant, so I apologize in advance. I'm just trying to be as honest as possible...

Ok, here’s the thing. I was really enjoying this book, up until THAT scene. If you’ve read
Bindi Boo
Aug 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 stars

In a nutshell: Insta-lust between coach and gymnast while they prepare for the Olympics, both try to fight the attraction while literally fighting with each other and then end up having real feelings and trying to sort through those emotions.

I liked the premise of the book; that whole forbidden bit about falling for your coach. I think that was executed very well. I loved the Olympics atmosphere while they were in Rio. The hero and heroine both had a palpable, intense connection and the
Snow

4.75 "wildcard" stars

Ah, what to say here, even the birds up in the trees know that I am a sucker for sport romance. *sigh*

I just am...and when I stumble across smth that constantly stirs my interest I will go back to it over and over again...

totally hopeless...

About this story - Five young female gymnasts are readying up for the Olympics. Suddenly their set up training is disturbed by the change of their trainer. Especially between Brie Watson, a wildcard, with a temper, a raw talent and a hard
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
May 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 "I WAS IN LOVE WITH THE ENEMY" STARS.

Funny, sexy & light. Those are the words that come to my mind every time I’m about to read a R.S. Grey’s book. So when I dived into Out Of Bounds I was not expecting what I got. This book was so much MORE. It was charged–electric –and I dare to say that it’s the hottest book R.S. Grey’s ever written so far (At least from the ones I have read). It’s one of those books that once you start it, you won’t want it to end.

“…he was the coach, I was the gymnas
  • The Cad and the Co-Ed (Rugby, #3)
  • Downed (Gridiron, #3)
  • Punk 57
  • The Hot Shot (Game On, #4)
  • Furious Rush (Furious Rush, #1)
  • Rookie Move (Brooklyn Bruisers, #1)
  • Even the Score
  • Top Shelf (Aces Hockey, #3)
  • Wilder (The Renegades, #1)
  • Screwmates
  • The Debt
  • Bet You Can't (Unlikely, #1)
  • Wide Open Spaces (Shooting Stars, #2)
  • From Sand and Ash
  • Max (Cold Fury Hockey, #6)
  • Playboy Pilot
  • Mr. Corporate (Mister, #3)
  • Change of Heart (Fostering Love, #2)
R.S. Grey is the USA Today bestselling author of fourteen novels, including THE FORTUNATE ONES. She loves books, chocolate, reality TV, and cold weather. She lives in Texas with her husband, daughter, and two dogs. Visit her at rsgrey.com.

Instagram: @AuthorRSGrey

Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/RSGrey/

Facebook:
More about R.S. Grey...

The Summer Games (2 books)
  • Settling the Score (The Summer Games, #1)

Romance Deals

• Wynn in Doubt
  • Until Harry
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Lethal Consequences (Aegis Security, #2)
  • Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Waiting for the One
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Guardians Of Stone (Relic Seekers, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • All the Secrets We Keep (Quarry Road, #2)
  • Queens of Geek
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Consumed by Fire (Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Off the Record (Record, #1)
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Never Kiss a Rake (Scandal at the House of Russell, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Enslaved by the Ocean (Criminals of the Ocean, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Plain Perfect (A Daughters of the Promise Novel)
  • Love Fortunes and Other Disasters
    $7.09 $2.99
  • On the Record (Record, #2)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
  • The Journey Home
    $3.99 $0.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Losing Control (Kerr Chronicles, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The CEO Buys In (Wager of Hearts, #1)
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Faking It
    $3.99 $1.99
  • 'Til the End of Time: A Loveswept Contemporary Classic Romance (Sedikhan)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Where Darkness Lies (Criminals of the Ocean, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Good Girl (Love Unexpectedly, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Immortally Yours (Argeneau #26)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Collection
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Golden Surrender (Viking #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Beautifully Forgotten (Beautifully Damaged, #2)
  • Been Here All Along
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Blue Lines (Assassins, #5)
  • Honor Bound
  • The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
  • One Pink Line
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Redemption (Penton Legacy, #1)
  • Promise Me
  • The Wedding Pearls
    $4.99 $2.00
  • For Every Solution, A Problem
  • Friction
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fountain Of Secrets (Relic Seekers, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Royal Affair (Royals in Exile, #2)
  • Through the Smoke
  • Finding Bliss
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Frozen
  • She Has Your Eyes
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed by His Charm (Dirty Little Secrets, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
“I told you that in confidence.”

She shrugged. “And then I told Molly and Rosie in confidence too. So now I’m confident we’re all up to speed.”
6 likes
“She was probably used to testing her maturity and newfound confidence around hesitant boys closer to her age, but the lesson to be learned was that unlike boys who are intimidated by feminine boldness, men like me are inflamed by it.” 5 likes