Start by marking “Windwitch (The Witchlands, #2)” as Want to Read:
Windwitch (The Witchlands, #2)

Windwitch

(The Witchlands #2)

4.01  ·  Rating details ·  10,891 ratings  ·  1,818 reviews
Sometimes our enemies are also our only allies…

After an explosion destroys his ship, the world believes Prince Merik, Windwitch, is dead. Scarred yet alive, Merik is determined to prove his sister’s treachery. Upon reaching the royal capital, crowded with refugees, he haunts the streets, fighting for the weak—which leads to whispers of a disfigured demigod, the Fury, who b
Published January 10th 2017 by Tor Teen

To ask other readers questions about Windwitch, please sign up.
Chakara Maybe its because of the style of covers the publishing company is going towards OR it might even be the same cover artist?
Sabrina The Trash Queen Windwitch is the sequel of the first book Truthwitch. Is going to be a series of 5/6 books.

Katerina
May 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, 2017-reads
“The holiest always have the farthest to fall.”

Merik Nihar is dead.
Yes, that's right. Admiral Merik Nihar, the Prince of Nubrevna, the Windwitch with the infamous temper, died in a horrible fashion. Except he did not. Forgotten and broken, physically and emotionally, he crosses the filthy streets of Nubrevna, streets filled with the famished and the poor, he seeks revenge against those who wronged him and lets his wrath guide him, only to discover black tendrils and smoke, and a greater dar
Lucia
Jan 09, 2016 rated it it was ok
2.5 STARS

Those of you who follow my reviews regularly know that Truthwitch was one of my favorite reads last year and main protagonists Safiya & Merik even made it to my top favorite ships of 2016. To say that I was super excited to read sequel, would be an understatement. I simply could not wait to get my hands on Windwitch. So imagine my disappointment when it did not meet my expectations...

Almost everything that I loved in the first book (Safi/Iseult interactions, Safi/Merik banters and c
Samantha
Jan 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites-2017
I loved this addition to the series but it didn't quite match my obsession with Truthwitch. It felt like the forward progression of the story stalled a bit. But with that being said, I can tell a lot of new foundations were laid in this book and I CANNOT WAIT for the next book! Video review to come.
Cait • A Page with a View
This book felt a bit like the Falling Kingdoms series in that there are so many different characters and stories going that everyone only gets a little bit of progress in the book overall (which definitely isn't a bad thing). There were a lot of POVs in this story, but I didn't particularly care as much about Merik's transformation into the Fury or Vivia's struggles. And I wasn't too into Safi's story, but still adore her as a character. So much sass.

But I LOVED every part with Iseult and Aedua
❄️Nani❄️
Apr 15, 2018 rated it liked it
3.75⭐

I’ll say as little as possible because I seem to be a tad bit confused about my feelings.
Here’s the thing, everything happened in here which under normal circumstances, I’d hate. This would be where I’d have smoke coming out of my ears, along with a raging rant review. Strangely enough, I enjoy it all here.

In a nutshell, as far as plot is concerned, nothing happened. Nada.

The world building was no better than the first book, in fact, I’d go as far as to say it was worse.
None of my quest
Nastassja

Buddy-read with the loveliest Vera

Actual rating: 4.5 stars

“Though we are safe with our friends near, we are safest with our enemies nearer.”

Wow, what an emotional ride this book was! I honestly must admit that mostly all my expectation about this book were based on Aeduan/Iseult relationship. And when I found out they will have shared chapters in this part, my joy was limitless. But, oh boy, this book had a couple of more surprises in store for me.

First of all, the world-building became wider,

Mikee Andrea (ReadWithMikee)

❝The holiest always have the farthest to fall.❞

Well... that was a disappointment. Truthwitch was one of my favorite books of 2016 and I was already anticipating Windwitch before I even got through the first book. It was one of the first books I read last year and the wait for the second book was unbearable! But sadly, this was not what I was expecting. :( I expected fast-paced, action-filled storylines but instead we got quite the opposite. Everything that I came to love in Truthwitch was no
Lindsay Cummings
Dec 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
WOW. Susan, you have outdone yourself. I loved Truthwitch, but THIS BOOK has far surpassed book one. The characters. The drama. The intense, high stakes mixed in with the mystery and the world-building, and the "my heart hurts from this book" and...good grief. I am so impressed!!

Dying for book 3.

I NEED IT NOW, SOOZ!!! So proud of you!!
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

WINDWITCH picks up pretty closely where TRUTHWITCH left off, which is to say, it hits the ground running. As you should recall, the first book ended rather explosively, so we're dealing with the (almost) immediate aftermath.

Merik, a broken shadow of himself, is newly arrived to Nubrevna (b/c death wish, as far as I can tell), and Safi and Iseult are for all intents and purposes at opposite ends of their world, with only their flashy-when-in-danger stones connecting them.
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
This is going to be a short review because I didn't like it too much and there is nothing much to say.

I'm really happy for those that liked or loved the book. There is nothing like loving what you read

For me this sequel just wasn't for me. I liked the first one good enough BUT I just couldn't really get into this one.

I love Iseult and Aeduon! I was hoping to read more about them. I loved little Owl and since I'm not going to read any more of the series, one of my friends will have to tell me
Robin (Bridge Four)
3.5 “There were advantages to being a dead man.” stars

description
“Why do you hold a razor in one hand?
So men remember that I am sharp as any edge.
And why do you hold broken glass in the other?
So men remember that I am always watching.”

The problem I sometimes face with multiple PoV books is that sometimes it feels like nothing is happening. Wait just let me explain. Windwitch starts out with a bunch of dire things happening and for the first few pages it felt intense, like super intense and it was amaz
Bil
Jan 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Witchlanders, Elemental book readers
A three and a half to four stars to a great sequel. Windwitch took me to an eventful trip back to the Witchlands. As Alexandra Bracken has said, this is a world that I would want to inhabit forever.

This novel jumps back in where the first book ended if not a bit farther into the future. All four main characters: Safi, Iseult, Merik, and Aeduan, are separated creating a multi-perspective narration for the readers with one more character added. As the subplot for each character progressed, I dived
Melanie
1.) Truthwitch ★★★★★

One of my goals for 2017 was to DNF books, instead of forcing myself to finish them, but I didn't expect to utilize that goal so soon, especially when I gave Truthwitch five stars.

DNF @ 50%

This is so god-awfully boring, I'm bribing myself with rewards every 5%. Also, I can smell an unnecessary romance/love triangle happening, and I'm not in the mood for a romantic lead to become a villain (I know SJM is this author's best friend, but still).

I thought this series was going t
Elise (TheBookishActress)
not finishing this book was the only time I've practiced self care all year

→pros←
➽I love Vivia. Vivia is my GIRL, I love her, I am her ride or die fan and I would die for her, she's the morally grey lesbian icon we deserved
➽Iseult is, as promised, my babe, my love, my angel, my daughter, I would go to bat for her
➽Aeduan is okay
➽that didn't sound like a compliment but yeah Aeduan is decent and I don't hate him and that's more than I can say for anything else in this book

→cons←

Book Two of The Witchlands series
Publisher: Tor Teen
Publication Date: January 10, 2017
Rating: 4 stars
Source: ARC sent by the publisher

Summary (from Goodreads):

Sometimes our enemies are also our only allies…

Cinda
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, ya
Treachery, intrigue, and relentless action in this second installment of Susan Dennard's WITCHLANDS series.
Simona Bartolotta
3.5

"The holiest always have the farthest to fall."

Windwitch was, to put it simply, better than Truthwitch in some respects, and worse in others, and many of the things I said about Truthwitch are true for this book as well. I still don't like, for instance, the way Dennard writes her action sequences, which I can't follow to save my life, I find them so confusing and distracting, and sometimes even somewhat too long. I still am waiting for the plot to get serious, because I'd like to see, after
Taneika
May 04, 2016 marked it as to-read
So although I despised Truthwitch, I'm probably going to read this still because I still so badly want to know more about Iseult and to see if I start enjoying this series any better because it has so much potential.

BUT WHY DOES THIS HAVE TO BE ABOUT MERICK. I FUCKING HATED MERICK, HE WAS THE WORST CHARACTER IN THE ENTIRE CAST OF CHARACTERS
Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner)
HAHHAHAH why did I read Truthwitch right after BEA?!? This doesn't come out until 2017 HAHAHHA KILL ME NOW. But ALSO Truthwitch was amazing!!!! SOOOOO....basically I will be rereading Truthwitch a shit ton of times before this book even comes out!!!!
Sh3llraiser (grumpybookgrrrl)

DNF 49%, two star rating. I read almost 200 pages of this book, so I'm rating it.

Welp, in this case the mixed reviews were right. As much as I loved Truthwitch (gave it five stars!), this is NOT doing it for me.

A well-written book, but the pacing is so. Dang. Slow. I'm. Not. Even. Kidding. A. Little. Bit. Nope. Not. Even. A. Little. Still. Not. Kidding. Even.

The story is a continuation of book one. Safi is separate from her threadsister, Iseult, and is with Vaness, the ironwitch. Merik, the prin
Kristin Hackett (SuperSpaceChick)
Originally posted on Super Space Chick:

Personal Thoughts: Truthwitch by Susan Dennard was one of my favorite books of 2015 (I was lucky enough to read it early thanks to sprinting to the Tor booth on the first day of BEA) so obviously, I was feeling super hyped about reading Windwitch which is the second book in the Witchlands series. It was one of my most anticipated releases for 2017 (I feel like I might say this a lot but I swear it’s true! I just get really excited about new books, OKAY) and
Scrill
Nov 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, xeno
“Why do you hold a razor in one hand?
So men remember that I am sharp as any edge.
And why do you hold broken glass in the other?
So men remember that I am always watching.”

The Story
This book was both beautiful and terrifying as each of our witch’s lives are torn apart and transformed in the sequel to Truthwitch. Dennard expands on the world that she brought us previously and each character’s story unfolds to show more power and depth than we would have expected from an already vibrant story.

Thou
Anne
Nov 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was intense!
The author really, really pushes her characters & shows them no mercy.

You must read Truthwitch before you will understand what is going on in this book.
Windwitch carries the series forward with 3 different stories:
- Merrik, the Windwitch, as he tries to find proof that his sister tried to have him assassinated.
- Safi, the Truthwitch, who is with the Empress of Marstok when their journey is sabotaged.
- Iseult, the Threadwitch, who is trying to get to Safi, while she
Nina (Every Word A Doorway)
Second Book Syndrome, I spot you.

I feel so conflicted about Windwitch. It was one of my most anticipated sequels but it just didn't live up to my expectations, albeit not being a bad book per se.

The first book had me hooked for several reasons. Those, however, disappeared in the sequel. A fast-paced plot? Negative. Safi and Iseult kicking ass together? Negative. Safi and Merik banter? Negative. Albeit offering an entertaining storyline and some extras like an LGBTQ+ character, Windwitch was clea
Suzanne
May 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5

I really have enjoyed this series so far. The first I loved and this one sets up for the third book really well. Really excited to see where these characters go because there were some pairs to team up that I did not see coming based on book one!
Aly's Bookish Wonderland
May 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-releases
I need more Aeduen and Iseult.

Pre-review:THIS COVER IS PERFECTION.

MERIKKKKKKKKK.
Bright Star
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-of-2017
This book was so FREAKING beautiful!!
Wow, just... Wow! I didn't expect to love it so much! Truthwitch was good, a great start, even if I had few problems with the first 100/150 pages, but after that the story had flown by. But THIS one! Where do I even start? It was well written, with an amazing story and multiple POVs; all the characters were fantastic and all of them had an incredible character development; the friendship between Safi and Iseult is one of the most beautiful I've ever seen "Th
Kristalia
Jan 08, 2016 marked it as to-read-asap
Beautiful cover.
If we are going on the focused characters, I'm so not dropping this.
I want Aeduan's book so much.
Please.
edit:
there's gonna be aeduan's book and now i can be happy and continue this series when IT IS OVER
Drew
Jun 28, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: young-adult, fantasy
What a disappointment. I was truly looking forward to this sequel to the YA fantasy, Truthwitch, which I really enjoyed last year.

Despite the first book's many flaws, I was able to overlook the poor plot structure, minimal world building, and characters that made stupid decisions simply because it was entertaining. I don't think people can quite explain why they like those cheesy action movies that have nothing to boast, quality wise - they're just super fun to watch.

That's how I felt about the
Olivia (The Candid Cover)
The second book in The Witchlands Series, Windwitch, will completely shock and surprise readers in the absolute best of ways. The book has a slightly different tone from the first and takes the reader deeper into the fantastical world that has been introduced in Truthwitch. This story begins to give the series the feel of an epic saga, as it contains various points of view, characters, and subplots. There are numerous diverse characters as well in Windwitch, making this book both interesting and ...more
  • Our Dark Duet (Monsters of Verity, #2)
  • Avenged (Ruined, #2)
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • The Cursed Queen (The Impostor Queen, #2)
  • Reign the Earth (The Elementae, #1)
  • Unearthed (Unearthed, #1)
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
  • Given to the Sea (Given Duet, #1)
  • Seeker (Riders, #2)
  • Muse of Nightmares (Strange the Dreamer, #2)
  • Traitor to the Throne (Rebel of the Sands, #2)
  • Into the Bright Unknown (The Gold Seer Trilogy, #3)
  • Endless Water, Starless Sky (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #2)
  • Wayfarer (Passenger, #2)
  • Starfall (Starflight, #2)
  • The Cursed Heir (Spirits and Thieves, #3)
  • Spectacle (Menagerie, #2)
  • Freedom's Slave (Dark Caravan Cycle, #3)
Susan Dennard has come a long way from small-town Georgia. With a masters degree in marine biology, she got to travel the world—six out of seven continents, to be exact (she’ll get to Asia one of these days!)—before she settled down as a full-time novelist and writing instructor.

She is the author of the New York Times bestselling Truthwitch and Windwitch as well as the Something Strange & Dead

The Witchlands (5 books)
  • Truthwitch (The Witchlands, #1)
  • Bloodwitch (The Witchlands, #3)
  • Untitled (The Witchlands, #4)
  • Untitled (The Witchlands, #5)
Mhe varujta. Trust me as if my soul were yours.” 26 likes
“It is always easier to blame gods or legends than it is to face our own mistakes.” 25 likes