Start by marking “The Ultimate Vegan Instant Pot Cookbook: 80 Incredible Meat- and Dairy-Free Recipes That You Can Make Better in Half the Time” as Want to Read:

As the Instant Pot becomes increasingly affordable and popular among home cooks, who better than to teach vegans the ins and outs of this handy appliance than bestselling vegan cookbook author Kathy Hester? In The Ultimate Vegan Instant Pot Cookbook, Kathy presents 80 new and unique recipes using the many features of the 7-appliances-in-1 Instant Pot, which includes a pres ...more
Published January 10th 2017 by Page Street Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Ultimate Vegan Instant Pot Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ultimate Vegan Instant Pot Cookbook

Start your review of The Ultimate Vegan Instant Pot Cookbook: 80 Incredible Meat- and Dairy-Free Recipes That You Can Make Better in Half the Time
Susan Crowe
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent! I have so many pages tabbed it's going to be hard to keep them all straight! No strange ingredients in these recipes, just good wholesome food. Easily explained instructions for using the Instant Pot. I highly recommend, especially if you're new to the IP. ...more
Sugarpuss O'Shea
I got this book because I wanted to incorporate more plant-based eating into our diet. There are some tasty recipes in here, but the big revelation was the 'Cook It All At The Same Time' section where Ms Hester teaches you how to layer food so you use your Instant Pot to create truly one pot dinners-- like her One-Pot Burrito Bowls--while looking like you slaved in the kitchen for hours. Brilliant! ...more
Jeremy Hunsinger
Feb 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Solid book could use more recipes as it is called 'ultimate'

No real critique, everything is reasonable and straight forward. Some of the recipes are a little bland, so punch them up accordingly
Meredith
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A solid "meh" for this. None of the recipes were bad... they were just not that inspiring. My bar is that a cookbook is worth if I can get five to six home run recipes, and this didn't clear that bar. I had one really good one -- the Northern Beans with tomatillo sauce -- and the rest were sort of mushy or under-spiced. I kept having an "Oprah tasting the $1M chicken recipe that was super bland" moment with all the food. I have other books that are stronger in the quick, vegetarian, healthy Inst ...more
Judyw
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Let me start by saying I LOVE my Instant Pot. This is a decent cookbook for recipes. However, there are many inconsistencies. The directions vary for the same steps. It isn't well edited.
I also have a newer version of the Instant Pot, and directions were confusing at first. But i figured it out and have used many of the recipes. Most of the recipes I tried are really good and have great flavor.
Linda Harrington
Great resource

This book has tons of vegan recipes. I love that Kathy tells what inspired the recipe and gives her take on traditional ethnic dishes. The recipes are easy to follow and she offers substitutions or different choices to fit your taste or pantry. The recipes are easy to follow and will definitely get you into using your insta pot quickly and often.
Marilee
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: food
I'm not a vegan but I use vegan recipes from time to time. These recipes either used ingredients that I don't want to try to track down or didn't sound appetizing. There are a few broth recipes that I'm going to try. I have found other vegan Instant Pot recipe books that I like better. ...more
Faith
I was excited to get this book after rave reviews from a friend. Was very disappointed. I tried six recipes and only one tasted better than average. Flavors in the rest were bland and uninspiring. I’m in the minority who didn’t like this book, but I’ll keep looking.
Andrea
Aug 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Recipes are straightforward and simple, but lacking in flavor. Taste as you go and ensure to increase the spices, omit the salt and use your tastebuds to nail down the right way to dress up each of the dishes.
Autumn
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Inspiring cookbook for those of us who would rather use our Instant Pots to make some amazing beans, curries, stews, sauces, and desserts rather than a big old pile of meat. Lovely photos, innovative recipes, and reliable info. A real winner!
Shelly
Jan 15, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Too many curry dishes. I don’t care for curry. Lesson learned. No more buying cook books on Amazon.
Sally Lippert
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We are new to Instant Pot so were looking for the perfect cookbook. This offers not only great recipes but common sense use of how to use the Instant Pot.
Holly
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The pictures are beautiful, but hardly any of the recipes sounded appetizing to me.
Alli Maydole
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely my favorite vegan cookbook for the instant pot! I didn’t know how much I needed one until I got this book! There have been only a couple recipes I haven’t liked out of dozens!
Mindy Kannon
Not as many delicious vegan recipes as I would like. I do have a ton of vegan cookbooks, so maybe I was expecting too much.
Aja Marsh
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
shrug.
Jenni
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Slowly working my way through several of these recipes, which, so far, have been really good. The author includes a lot of tips and techniques to help the reader learn to use their instant pot and modify the recipes to their own tastes.
Joyful Stoves
Christy Hough
May 27, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• The Vegan Instant Pot Cookbook: Wholesome, Indulgent Plant-Based Recipes
  • The Fresh and Healthy Instant Pot Cookbook: 75 Easy Recipes for Light Meals to Make in Your Electric Pressure Cooker
  • From Crook to Cook: Platinum Recipes from Tha Boss Dogg's Kitchen
  • The How Not to Die Cookbook: 100+ Recipes to Help Prevent and Reverse Disease
  • The Plant Paradox Family Cookbook: 80 One-Pot Recipes to Nourish Your Family Using Your Instant Pot, Slow Cooker, or Sheet Pan
  • Plant-Powered Protein: 125 Recipes for Using Today's Amazing Meat Alternatives
  • The Best Mexican Recipes
  • Dash Diet: The Essential Dash Diet Cookbook for Beginners
  • Vegan 100: Over 100 Incredible Recipes from Avant-Garde Vegan
  • Comfort Food Makeovers
  • The Everyday DASH Diet Cookbook: Over 150 Fresh and Delicious Recipes to Speed Weight Loss, Lower Blood Pressure, and Prevent Diabetes
  • The Complete Cooking For Two Cookbook
  • The New Pressure Cooker Cookbook: A Tantalizing Collection of Over 175 Delicious Recipes for Quick, Easy, and Healthy Meals
  • Great Food, All Day Long: Cook Splendidly, Eat Smart: A Cookbook
  • Thug Kitchen: The Official Cookbook: Eat Like You Give a F*ck
  • Minimalist Baker's Everyday Cooking: 101 Entirely Plant-based, Mostly Gluten-Free, Easy and Delicious Recipes
  • The VB6 Cookbook: More than 350 Recipes for Healthy Vegan Meals All Day and Delicious Flexitarian Dinners at Night
  • The DASH Diet Action Plan: Proven to Lower Blood Pressure and Cholesterol Without Medication
Kathy Hester lives in Durham, NC with her two cats who would rather not live together, a cute dog with a belly rub addiction, her very own picky eater, a kitchen garden, and more slow cookers than one person should own.

She writes HealthySlowCooking.com, is the vegan blogger for Key Ingredient (http://www.keyingredient.com/blog/blo...) and writes for various publications such as Chickpea Magazine.

News & Interviews