Start by marking “A Death at the Yoga Café (Keeley Carpenter #2)” as Want to Read:
A Death at the Yoga Café (Keeley Carpenter #2)

A Death at the Yoga Café

(Keeley Carpenter #2)

Keeley Carpenter has found her center. After returning to Befrey, the traditional English village she called home ten years ago, she’s opened her dream yoga café, which doubles as both a yoga studio and a delicious vegetarian café. Even better, Keeley is dating handsome Detective Ben Taylor, and things are beginning to look serious.

Too bad things never seem to run smoothly
Published January 31st 2017 by Minotaur Books

To ask other readers questions about A Death at the Yoga Café, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Death at the Yoga Café

Julie
Jan 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
'A Death at the Yoga Cafe' by Michelle Kelly is a 2017 Minotaur publication.

I thoroughly enjoyed this cozy mystery. The characters are well drawn, the pacing is just right and the plotting is tight. The personal dramas do not overpower the mystery and crime solving, which is a common pitfall many cozies fall into. The author stays on course and keeps the guessing game going all the way to the bitter end.

This review is the copyrighted property of Night Owl Reviews. To read the full review, cli
Hilary (A Wytch's Book Review)
Things seem to be going well for Keeley after the mishaps she encountered in the first book, her cafe is going strong, her Yoga teaching is as well (although the idea of using the upstairs as a studio has been slightly scuppered as she is living in the tiny apartment).  The only slight fly in the ointment is the fact that her hyper-critical mother is coming to stay.  Indeed she has turned up a week early! and then the other shoe drops with another murder and this time her nemesis seems to be in ...more
Michelle
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
Life is too short to read boring books.

I tried reading this because I enjoy an occasional escapist read. This book isn't that. It was work to read. The main character isn't appealing enough to stick with.

I made it to chapter 5 before giving up. My time is limited, so I am moving on to a more engaging read.
Sionna
*I received this book through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review*

Hmmm... what to say about this book that I did not say about the first book.

Everyone claims Keeley solved the murder in the first book and believes her to be an adept detective when both are false. I will say in this book she does more snooping and I can see how she may be a good detective, but still no dice.

Her boyfriend, Ben, is one of my favorite characters and the one I think it the most level-headed and real
Jane
May 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
Well this food/fiction was much more to my taste (bad pun) than the first one I read. Plus it involved yoga and actually explained how to do the poses. I know I'm more likely to practice them than to try the recipes in the back of the book. Actually spent the day at the Reach and Raise event at the Philadelphia Art Museum, a yoga on the museum stairs event sponsored by Living Beyond Breast Cancer. My friend Jenny, a breast cancer survivor who helped me when I was first diagnosed, is a colleague ...more
Marcee Feddersen
Feb 21, 2017 rated it liked it
This was the second book in Michelle Kelly's series. Although you don't have to have read Downward Facing Death in order to enjoy this one, it would make more sense to read them in order.

Keeley is content in her life, she has opened her vegetarian cafe - which seems to be doing more business than you would expect in a small English village, and has settled into a happy relationship with her cop boyfriend, Ben.

Raquel has been her frenemy since high school,
Kevin
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ebook, mystery
Unfortunately the series didn't get any better in fact I liked this book less then book 1. The characters are all so unlikable, side characters Megan and Jack are the only characters I care to have a conversation with. Keeley and Ben are both so self absorbed, I'm sure they'll break up each book if this series continues, if it does it'll do so without me. (view spoiler) ...more
Jeanne
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mysteries
The premise for this series follows the standard cozy mystery setup: wayward prodigal child returns home to take over inherited property and fulfill her dreams, and in the process stumbles into a murder mystery that needs solving.

In this case, the prodigal child has returned to England from NYC to open a yoga studio/vegetarian café in her late father's butcher shop. There are some fun characters, a meddling mother with a secret, and a nicely complex mystery with plenty of red herrings (but not
Dianne Landry
Jul 26, 2018 rated it liked it
I still can't stand Raquel but I I'm really glad I gave this series another chance. In book 2 it is the mayor who gets murdered and Raquel is the prime suspect as she was his girlfriend and was seen arguing with him in public the day of the murder. She asks Keeley to help her prove her innocence. This, naturally, causes problems for Keeley and her cop boyfriend, Ben. Also making things tense is Keeley's mother, Darla, who has dropped in for a visit.

All works out in the end and I enjoyed it. I wi
Julie Trapp
Aug 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-books
Book 2. Keeley has a successful vegetarian cafe going with a yoga studio at night. She and Ben Taylor are dating. At the Belfrey Arts Festival, she sets up a booth. So does Raquel, her nemesis, another small business owner in the town. When Raquel's boyfriend, the mayor, is found dead after they have a public fight,the town is sure that Raquel is guilty. Keeley feels it is necessary to become involved as she feels the Raquel is innocent. A fun story, with recipes.
Colette
Feb 10, 2019 rated it did not like it
I like cozy mysteries, yoga, and food - so I thought this book would be a fun weekend read. It fell flat though. The characters aren’t well fleshed out, the main character, Keeley is an insecure, impulsive person who seems incapable of introspection, and I didn’t enjoy the yoga posture explanations or the recipes.

If you are looking for a great culinary cozy series, I recommend Diane Mott Davidson’s books as a far better alternative to reading this series.
Lin
May 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Keeley Carpenter returns to Befrey after 10 years. She opens her deceased father’s butcher shop as a yoga-vegetarian fare shop. She gets “cozy” with the Detective Constable Ben Taylor and then her mom comes for a visit. Most daughters have issues with their mothers, some more than others.

Setting in England makes this book delightful and the descriptions of different yoga poses very helpful!
yourfavouritemixtape
The light- and quirkyness that I liked about the first book in this series was unfortunately damped a lot because the author told the whole backstory again. Also the whodunnit follows the exact same scheme as the first one, so if you‘ve read that, you guess it half way through. A bit disappointing. I was looking forward to this.
Danielle
Mar 09, 2017 rated it liked it
This cozy mystery was a nice light read. The characters were engaging and well written. This is the second book in the Keeley Carpenter series and was easy enough to follow along without having read the first book.
Jenn
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was ok
Eh. This was just as mediocre as the first one. I didn't love the love interest in the first one, but in this one I actively disliked him. He was just horrible. And there was a lot of "I just don't feel like she's guilty" idiocy in this one.
Betsy
May 10, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a perfectly fine mystery, but it wasn't very interesting to me. I think the characters didn't seem well developed. Also, there were some odd age things with the "older" characters. Men who would be around 50 were "really old" but women who would be that age seem younger.
Jackie Knapton
May 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed reading this book. I would definitely read another one from this author.
Ann Adams
Apr 04, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: mystery
Not a fan---weak writing. New age hokey.
Sue Kozlowski
This story was okay -typical chick-lit mystery story.
Margot
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
A waste of time if you are interested in worthwhile literature.
Kathleen
Keeley Carpenter has only recently returned to Belfry, the small English village where she was raised (I missed the first mystery in this new series,) a place she fled ten years before when her beloved father died. At that time she travelled to India, became a yogi and vegetarian, shed her childhood chubbiness, moved to New York, and apparently, experienced financial and professional success. Acknowledging her need for her homeland, she returned to England and established a vegetarian café/yoga ...more
Sara
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
Keeley was rather obnoxious and stupid in this book, and I absolutely despised her mother. The first one (Downward Facing Death) was much better. I skimmed the last 70 pages, because I'd had all I could take of Keeley and her mother. I'm giving it two stars because the mystery part of the plot was well done.
Liza
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
Keeley Carpenter moved back to her hometown in the midst of a murder case that she was unknowingly connected with, and now she is involved in another. She has fulfilled her dream of starting to build a yoga business, along with opening a vegetarian cafe. Both are successful, and she has found a wonderful boyfriend. Life seems like it is going well, and then the mayor is murdered. And Keeley was one of the last to see him alive, arguing with his girlfriend. Now, another member of the community ha ...more
Kristina
Feb 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: cozy-mysteries, 2017
A Death at the Yoga Café by Michelle Kelly is the second book in A Keeley Carpenter Mystery series. Keeley Carpenter is the owner of Yoga Café in Belfrey, England which serves vegetarian fare. The space used to be her father’s butcher shop before he passed away. Keeley lives in the apartment above the shop and she teaches yoga in her spare time. Keeley is listening to Duane moan about the loss of his girlfriend, Raquel (broke up with Duane to date Gerald Buxby, the local mayor) when her friend, ...more
Anna
Feb 25, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 A cute, fun, & feisty cozy little mystery.
Bree
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have been eager to read this series since it first came out, and jumped at reading this second book. I am a yoga fan and I love that this was set in England. The village was fun and inviting, with a bright future. Keely is a unique cozy sleuth. She has more of a want to be solving crime than others I have read. I enjoyed the background and banter between the characters. I really liked the poses added to each chapter, I found that actually taking a moment to do each before moving to the next ch ...more
Kristen
Feb 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: serial-cozy, 2017, own, e-arc
In Michelle Kelly's A Death at the Yoga Cafe, the 2nd installment in the Keeley Carpenter cozy mystery series, the town of Belfrey is hit by another gruesome tragedy. After the Terry Smith murder, things haven't seemed to calm down for Keeley. When she witnessed the heated argument outside of her yoga cafe between Raquel and her mayor boyfriend. Then when he's found murdered, Raquel is the prime suspect and asks Keeley for help to prove her innocense. At the same time of her mother's surprise ar ...more
Sharon Osenga
Oct 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Rachel
Oct 07, 2018 rated it liked it
This is a cozy mystery novel, perfect for a rainy afternoon or something to read on your lunch break at work (which is what did, which is why it took me so long to finish it. I kept it at work and read 30-40 minutes a day). I didn't realize until after I had started reading that it was part of a series. It works find as a stand alone, but it does have spoilers for the first book. If that sort of thing bothers you, read book one in the series first.
Yoga Folks: Summer read: A Death at Yoga Cafe 3 10 Jul 06, 2017 06:41PM

• Ginger Snapped (Spice Shop Mystery, #5)
  • Death on Tap (A Sloan Krause Mystery #1)
  • Dog Dish of Doom (An Agent to the Paws Mystery #1)
  • Dying on the Vine: A Mystery (Kelsey McKenna Destination Wedding Mysteries #2)
  • Murder, She Reported (Murder, She Reported #1)
  • Skating Under the Wire (Rebecca Robbins, #4)
  • Death at the Day Lily Cafe
  • Murder on a Designer Diet (A Red Carpet Catering Mystery, #3)
  • The Pajama Frame (A Madison Night Mystery Book 5)
  • Til Death Do Us Party (A Liv And Di In Dixie Mystery #4)
  • Bear Witness to Murder (Shamelessly Adorable Teddy Bear Mystery, #2)
  • In Cold Chocolate (A Southern Chocolate Shop Mystery, #3)
  • Staged 4 Murder (Sophie Kimball Mystery #3)
  • Daufuskie Island
  • No Cure for the Dead (Florence Nightingale Mystery #1)
  • Year-Round Slow Cooker: 100 Favorite Recipes for Every Season
  • A Deceptive Homecoming (Hattie Davish Mystery, #4)
  • All Signs Point to Murder (Zodiac Mystery #2)
Michelle has been writing for a living since 2013 after seven years as a literacy teacher. She still teaches a creative writing course .Michelle is the author of historical romance books 'The Virgin Courtesan' 'Borgia Fever' and 'The Rake of Glendir' for Harlequin Mills and Boon and a paranormal romantic suspense series for Xcite Books beginning with 'The Lady is a Vamp'. She also writes crime, wi ...more

Keeley Carpenter (2 books)
  • Downward Facing Death (Keeley Carpenter #1)