Start by marking “Two Good Dogs” as Want to Read:
Two Good Dogs

Two Good Dogs

Published March 7th 2017 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about Two Good Dogs, please sign up.
Kathleen Moscillo No there was no animal abuse.…moreNo there was no animal abuse. (less)

Start your review of Two Good Dogs
Julie
Two Good Dogs by Susan Wilson is a 2017 St. Martin’s Press publication.

As an animal lover, I was drawn to this book because of its title. Then the synopsis convinced me to take the plunge.

Skye, a widow, moves with her daughter, Cody, into an old hotel hoping to turn it into a profitable venture, something she has always dreamed of doing. However, fourteen year old Cody is carrying a heavy and terrifying burden, and this move has only compounded her stress levels.

Adam and his therapy dog,
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2017-books
I've never written a book. Putting a few sentences down for these book reflections is hard enough, so I have nothing but respect for authors who manage to publish an entire novel.

Since I've been bailing out on several books this year I decided to stick with this one to the end. On the plus side, the book's plot highlights the deeply meaningful role animals can have as therapeutic healers for those who have experienced trauma or disease. I'll share my constructive criticisms directly with the
Carrie
Mar 06, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
After Skye Mitchell's husband was murdered she chooses to move herself and her fourteen year old daughter, Cody, to a smaller town and try to make a go of it running their own hotel. Little does Skye know that her daughter witnessed the murder and is now scared to death that the killer will return so she has shut her mother out and gotten involved in all the wrong things.

Adam March finds himself looking for a place to stay one night with his pit bull Chance when he comes across Skye's place of
Olivia "So many books--so little time.""
This is the adorable story of Skye, who has just recently started managing a motel in the Berkshires, her sullen, rebellious 14-year-old daughter Cody, and Adam, who one day comes to stay at the motel with his pitbull, Chance. I thoroughly enjoyed it. ARC provided via giveaway by the publisher.
☯~☽~•Patricia Mainard•~☾~☯
There was absolutely nothing that I didn't like about this book! The writing was great,and has relatable characters. I definitely recommend.
Kim Territo
Jun 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this book. Didn't realize it was a sequel, so reading One Good Dog now.
Nancy
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Two Rescue Dogs Come to the Aid of Their Owners

Cody hates the Berkshire Inn her mother bought. She hates her new school. She’s angry, has no friends, and only relates to the artists in the local art colony. Skye, Cody’s mother, is at her wits end. After Cody’s father’s murder, she turned into a troubled child rather than the happy loving person she had been.

The dilapidated inn is trying Skye’s resources. She has a policy of no pets, but one rainy night, Adam Marsh, a grieving widower, and his
Michelle
Mar 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Cathy Geha
Feb 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Two Good Dogs by Susan Wilson

Two good dogs – and they were definitely sweeties – is an interesting tale.

Fourteen year old Cody Mitchell is a mess. She has seen a murder and been threatened. She has cut herself off and become a loner who is badly treated at school. She is an artist. She is filled with anger, fear and teenage angst. She is on the outs with her mom for a number of reasons including the fact that her mom has moved her away from all that she knew. She is not very likable but I do
Lis Carey
Skye Mitchell has bought a small hotel, the Lakeview, in the Berkshires of western Massachusetts, and moved her daughter, Cody, there from Holyoke. It wasn't planned that way, but events so develop that they make the move almost immediately after Randy Mitchell, Cody's father and Skye's ex-husband, is shot dead in a back alley.

It's six months later, and the Lakeview has turned out to be a money pit. A money pit with real potential, but a money pit. Skye is barely making ends meet while repairs
CindySlowReader
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019
The only thing I liked about this story was the setting. I lived in western Massachusetts for the first 45 years of my life. This book jogged lots of memories just by mentioning certain towns, museums and even the mall. Other than that I was not impressed with the writing style, the dialog or even the dog's thoughts, and I love dogs!

I mean seriously, if your young daughter witnessed her drug dealing father murdered, wouldn't you find her a good therapist instead of moving her to a new school and
Christa
Mar 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook-arc
This wasn't one of my favorites by Wilson, but it was a good book. I liked the characters, Adam, Sky and Cody, but Chance was the star. He was a great dog! The storyline was interesting and kept my attention. This one tackles some tough subjects.

Thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for providing a copy of the book in return for an honest review.
Kristina
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2017
Two Good Dogs is the newest book by Susan Wilson (author of One Good Dog). Skye Mitchell and her fourteen-year-old daughter, Cody have moved to the Berkshire Hills. Skye has purchased the LakeView Motel and is hoping this is a new start for the two of them. Cody’s personality has taken a three hundred and sixty degree turn since the death of her father, Randy six months earlier (not that he was every around much). She is no longer the happy sunny girl. Cody is rebellious, sullen, and keeps to ...more
Stephanie
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It’s been a few years since I read One Good Dog so I don’t remember too much of Adam’s story. I’m not usually a person that likes stories with multiple storylines that get back and forth from the main person’s perspective, but this story flowed nicely so it wasn’t off putting. Dogs are such amazing creatures with how they can calm us just by being present. I don’t want to give anything away in this book so I’m just going to leave this review as it is well worth the read if you liked One Good ...more
Robin Reynolds
I'm going to preface this review to tell you that I started writing it, then set it aside, then went out of town, then came back for a few days, and then remembered I'd never finished the review. And now unfortunately so much time has passed that I don't remember what else I wanted to say. So, my review is gonna be short and end abruptly!

This book started out as a bit of a challenge for me, and I considered DNFing it pretty quickly. The prologue is in first person, italicized, from the point of
David Kinzer
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was pleasantly surprised to run into Adam March early in this book. He's the main character in One Good Dog, and I thought I'd heard the last from him.

This book was a page turner for me-- filled with tension, emotion, and believable characters. I did not want it to end, and wish there were another chapter or two tying up loose ends with some of the characters.
Melissa
I love love Susan Wilson. Probably because l love dogs but she always pulls me in with such heartwarming stories about love and redemption between a dog and a human. Excellent read!!
Vanessa
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dogs
Enjoyed this book. Both dogs are pit bulls that were fought. They are both rehabilitated to be pets. One is trained to be a therapy dog. Romance of older adults.
Terry
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good book though I wish there was more to the ending for a couple of characters.
Eileen
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great story about the love between humans and their dogs
Bree
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The only thing I didn't like about this book was the way it was written. Characters switched back and forth really quick so often times I had to remind myself whose point of view we were in.
Patti Smith
Nov 29, 2017 rated it liked it
At some point and time in my life, I listened to Susan Wilson's One Good Dog on audiobook. I think.
See.
This is why I have a love hate relationship with audiobooks.
I can't remember anything.
I know I enjoyed it, and I know that the dog's voice was one of my favorite parts of the book...but when I don't have the book book...I remember just enough to drive me bonkers.

One Good Dog is a story of redemption.
Adam March should be happy with all the trappings of life that he's set in motion for himself.
Janet
May 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dog-read
Having only read the prologue I would give it four stars. Three stars for the body of the prologue and the additional star for the surprise.

Just finished. This was a really great book. The pace moves just perfectly allowing the reader to have a moment to sit back and smile now and then. There is always The Secret, though, and the tornado steadily builds.
As the tale nears it's end, black clouds move in and the pressure fiercely increases. In the depths of the battle, I find myself right there in
Kelsie Cortez
Mar 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
I just finished TWO GOOD DOGS and it was nothing like what I was expecting! One part of this book that I thoroughly enjoyed was that parts of the book were written from the dogs perspective. Super cute addition! However, my one vent for this book was the F bomb was dropped about 200 pages in. And then continually dropped thereafter. I HATE that, but against my better judgement, I kept reading. I had to know what was going to happen to Cody!! I found out about ONE GOOD DOG about 75 pages in and I ...more
Ayden
Jun 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Kristin
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Found this book at the local library, didn't even realize Wilson had a new book out, and it just so happened to be the large print edition. 'Two Good Dogs' continues the story from 'One Good Dog', about lost souls of both the human and canine variety who find each other and end up being just what each other needed. In this case, while there are just 2 dogs in the story, they bring together 4 people. Adam and his rescue, Chance, were the stars of 'One Good Dog', and events in their lives have ...more
Michelle Formato
Jan 05, 2020 rated it liked it
The book promised a found family concept between four individuals each going through their own struggles; however, it failed to meet those expectations.

Each character did have their own voice, however it was very confusing at the start of the book with very little clarity between the change in narrators. I found it odd that two of the characters were written in first person while the other two were written in third, I think it should have been consistently third person narration.

I found it odd
Mary Brown
Feb 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Synopsis:

When Cody, a troubled fourteen-year-old, witnesses a murder, she tells no one. But it begins a spiral for her from which she cannot escape. Her worried mother Skye thinks a change of scene is just what her introverted, withdrawn daughter needs and since her dream has always been to own an inn, she jumps at the chance to buy a dilapidated bed & breakfast in the Berkshires. But being an innkeeper is harder than it seems and Cody still seems to fall in with the wrong crowd. When Adam
Melissa Kayden
Feb 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Stanley McShane
Dec 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobook
[Audiobook Review] Skye Mitchell is escaping her own tragedies and thinking she'd offer herself and her daughter a whole new, hopefully peaceful, life, she purchased the LakeView Hotel and moved. But Cody is fourteen, a typical sullen, uncommunicative teen lost in her own world turned upside down and now with no familiar school or friends. But in addition, Cody knows something her mother would never suspect and which Cody is desperate to conceal.

Adam March recently lost his wife and the life
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• The Dog I Loved
  • The Dog Under The Bed
  • Say No More
  • Bark of Night (Andy Carpenter #19)
  • A Dog Like Ralph
  • Dachshund Through the Snow (Andy Carpenter #20)
  • Saving Sadie: How a Dog That No One Wanted Inspired the World
  • Love at First Bark (Rescue Me, #4)
  • A Dog's Way Home
  • Chasing the Blue Sky
  • The Christmas Boutique (Elm Creek Quilts #21)
  • True Blue (Beckett Lodge Series- Book 2)
  • The Dogs of Christmas
  • Out of the Blue (Beckett Lodge Series- Book 1)
  • Jessica's Diary: A sweet story about a puppy with three legs.
  • Say When (The Faderville Novels Book 4)
  • Say Something (The Faderville Novels Book 3)
  • My Forever Home (Rescue Me #3)
Born in Providence, RI, raised in Middlefield (Rockfall) Connecticut. Post High School Education, Middlesex Community College, Middletown, CT and Eastern Connecticut State University, Willimantic, CT.
Married, two grown daughters and a granddaughter and two grandsons - plus four step grands.
Lives in Oak Bluffs, MA, on Martha's Vineyard.

Those are the stats. I am a novelist, ten published, one in