Start by marking “True North (True Born Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
True North (True Born Trilogy, #2)

True North

(True Born Trilogy #2)

It’s not you…it’s your DNA.

Abandoned by her family in Plague-ridden Dominion City, eighteen-year-old Lucy Fox has no choice but to rely upon the kindness of the True Borns, a renegade group of genetically enhanced humans, to save her twin sister, Margot.

But Nolan Storm, their mysterious leader, has his own agenda. When Storm backtracks on his promise to rescue Margot, Lucy
Published April 4th 2017 by Entangled: Teen

To ask other readers questions about True North, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about True North

Start your review of True North (True Born Trilogy, #2)
Carrie
Apr 04, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
True North is the second book in the True Born series which has introduced the world of Dominion City. A plague has descended upon the residents killing off a good portion of the population. Those that are left are divided into three groups, the Lasters, the Splicers and the True Born. Lasters are those who are beyond saving and on the last of their life, Splicers are those rich enough to keep up with procedures to prolong their life and the True Born are a bit of genetic mutation that are immun ...more
Danielle's
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
True North is the second book in the True Born series. The story is continuous but does contain catch up information. I would recommend starting with Book One.

Lucy is left in the hands of True Born leader Nolan Storm. Her family have completely disappeared. Lucy is desperate to get her sister back but the trail is cold.

Nolan Storm has his own plan. He wants to become established in the socialite spotlight. He needs Lucy's help. He has promised to help her get her sister back but is too busy wi
Atlas
Apr 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc-s
If we listened closely to our bones, fought hard enough, showed the world we'd not back down, my sister and I could pull each other from the jaws of fate

* *
2 / 5

Unfortunately, for a good chunk of True North absolutely nothing happens. I read this shortly after finishing True Born and what I expected was badass action scenes, exploration of Russia and how it differs to Dominion, more information about True Borns, more information about the preachers, and to discover the truth about the Fox siste
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
thumbnail_EntTeen-TrueBorn-webbanner-ad2-STATIC(851x315)opt1 (2).jpg

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️STARS
ARC BOOK REVIEW
Release Date-3/4/18

So "True North" is the second instalment in this fascinating dystopian YA Trilogy.
And out of the two, this was hands down my favourite.
This just seemed to have a much more intense vibe overall than the previous book.
The action here was amped up and pumping from the get-go and it stayed constant throughout, with no actual let-up in sight.
So this started not long after "True Born left off.
With Margot god knows where after being voluntary kidnapped by
Morris
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-reviews
“True North” is the second book in the “True Born” trilogy. I found it to be much more fun and less confusing than the first.

Part of the reason it is more fun is that I have accepted the somewhat ridiculous premise and beyond sketchy science and just decided to go along for the ride. There is a new character, Alistair, who is intriguing and has me anxious for the next book to learn more. The romance is also ramped up quite a bit for those who were waiting for that.

If you enjoyed “True Born,” you
Ria
Full Review to follow@...http://www.abookishescape.com/2017/04...

The End, the reader sees firsthand the plans that have been laid out for years that are now coming to fruition. I’m happy to report there is a lot of action, and explosions, and shocking revelations. I’m going to say that again in the event you missed it the first time. There are SHOCKING REVELATIONS!!! The Dominion City rubber meets the Russian road in an eerily plausible way, that is sure to delight readers everywhere. Lock and k
Anna lost in stories *A*
Apr 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, paranormal
I got an ARC of this book from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review :) this is the sequel in a series that you really need to read in order, cause otherwise you will be spoiled about some major events, and also cause you will be absolutely lost without the previous knowledge... which actually made the beginning of this story a bit harder for me than I expected, cause truth be told... I remembered next to nothing from that very first book :) in my defense I read it almost ...more
mith
you can read this review on my blog as well!

I know I'm calling this post disappointing reads, but for this book, it's actually very inaccurate. For something to be disappointing, you would need to have expectations. I didn't have any sort of expectations for this book--I hate the first one, and I hated this one even more. (So why read it, Mith? Because I apparently like causing myself pain.)

Let me start with Lucy, who is an absolute IDIOT. God, I wanted to like her, but she is so stupid. And it'
Nicole
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks, series
True North!!! First things first: I received this book through NetGalley.

There isn't going to be a summary because this is the second book in a trilogy.

Raiting this book actually hurt my soul. Finishing this book was even more painful.
I didn't totally love the first book, but I actually still enjoyed it. I also saw lots of potential for the second book. Sadly, all the good things I wanted to happen to the book and the story, didn't happen at all.

I still love the story itself, the idea behind
Olivia
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
“True North” is a fantastic continuation of the True Born series. Lucy is on her own with her parents and twin, Margot, gone- most likely to Russia. Lucy is in the care of Storm and the True Borns. The book begins with her helping them at parties and the like, while she is itching to go and locate Margot. Eventually, it becomes clear that the promises Storm made may not be ones he will keep, and Lucy sets out on her own to find Margot.

The book is steeped in mystery about the two girls. We begin
Shelley
*Source* Publisher via NetGalley
*Genre* Young Adult, Dystopian
*Rating* 3.5

*Thoughts*

True North, by author L.E. Sterling, is the second installment in the authors True Born trilogy. The story picks up four months after the ending of True Born which introduced readers to a dystopian world where a major plague tore through the world creating three separate but unequal factions: Splicers, Laster's, and True Born. Splicers are those who are able to have DNA treatments to lengthen their lives; Laster'
Erica Chilson
I received a copy of this title to read and review for Wicked Reads

3 Stars

Young Adult age-range: 12+, depending on the maturity of the reader. Violence, kissing and non-detailed sexual situations.

True North was a book I was highly anticipating, after the events that happened in True Born. Dominion is set in a plague-torn landscape amongst True Born, genetically spliced humans, and Lasters. Political machinations drive the plot.

I’m writing my initial thoughts at 45% into True North. After the
Barb (Boxermommyreads)
Apr 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
"True North" picks up right where "True Born" left off and is packed full of excitement and action. And even though I may have enjoyed book one a tad bit more, this is still a strong installment in Sterling's series. I think for the most part, "True North" is setting the scene for something major to happen in the next book. Yet, don't fret, there is still plenty going on.

As the book starts, Lucy is still working with Storm in Dominion City and together they are trying to move into a position of
Olivia Wildenstein
Jun 19, 2018 rated it liked it
2,5 stars.

Although the writing was pleasant and pretty, this sequel felt forced, as though the author wasn't sure where to take her story, but decided to write something just for the sake of writing. You get a couple answers, but all in all, Sterling was scratching the surface of the first book to reveal a tiny bit more of her world. The narrative dragged on, and the romance was infuriatingly childish and cliche.

Thank you to the publisher for a review copy.
Lisa Mandina
Apr 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
I assumed this was the last book, but pretty sure we've got a lot more to find out. So now to wait for another one!! Full review to come on my blog tomorrow.
Hart's Reader Group
This book was surprisingly intense. While I didn't read the first book, so I was a little confused by the terms and timeline, I still enjoyed the story. The pace kept me hooking, the plot was intriguing, and the tension between Lucy and Jared was palpable.

Well written book.
Veronica
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

Lucy is now living with the True Born's under Storm's protection. Storm promised he'd help find her sister Margot. In return Lucy's place in the upper circle allows Storm access to the Dominion's elite to make connections and gather information. But Lucy is tired of waiting to learn about her sister's fate and takes matters into her own hands, despite the danger.

There much we don't know about what is going on in Dominion and
Paula
Apr 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017
I enjoyed the first installment in this series, I really did. I was looking forward to reading True North but it was a bit of a letdown. I felt that the plot only picked up about half-way through. Lucy's relationship with Jared also frustrated me. This 'I want you but I can't have you' was interesting enough at some point but it is way too over-done now.
However I believe that the ending was quite gratuitous but I can't say that it has left we wanting more.
P. S. Many thanks to NerGalley, the aut
Stella
Apr 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-read
This book was really intense. The story continued on well from the first book and I found myself so excited to see what would happen next. While some elements were a little easy to see coming I found that it didn’t affect my opinion of the story all that much.
I found that Jared annoyed me a little more in this book but I really liked seeing Lucy’s character again as well as the interesting Nolan Storm. Very much looking forward to where the society progresses in the third book.
Excellent! 4.5/5
Dorri
May 27, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dystopian
Plague has ravaged Lucy's world. On the eve of her and Margot's reveal, Lasters attacked her home and she was forced to run. Now Margot's missing, Lucy is living with True Born Nolan Storm, unorthodox magic has been loosed upon the land, and she's all turned around when it comes to her fiercest protector, Jared True Born Price.

Even as she despairs over her circumstances, Lucy helps Storm navigate the Upper Circle. Wanting nothing more than to find her sister, Lucy finally makes some choices in
Holly
Words simply cannot express how much I need this book. I can't believe Tuesday is the big day... it's almost here! Eep!

THE REVIEW:

I will start off by saying, if you are new to the series and want to start with a review of book 1, True Born, you can find my review on Goodreads. I highly recommend reading these books in order, as the second makes so much more sense if you’ve read the first! I went back and re-read True Born right before I dove into True North, and I’m so glad I did, because it was
Novel Grounds
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing

GAH! I feel like a complete fangirl with this series but I can't stop gushing over and over about it. This was my favorite novel of the series. SO MUCH happens in this book. It brings the plot really to the top of the read and throws you into the deep end.

Not only do we get new characters in this read but we also get a lot more answers than we had before.

BUT BUT BUT
We also get some of the feels guys and my heart hurt a bit. You knew that at least at SOME POINT THE FEELS were coming, but I surv
Moriah
Jun 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
**Actual Rating: 3.5**

At the end of True Born, Lucy and Margot were separated. Now, she lived as Nolan Storm’s ward and acted at the gateway to the Upper Circle—on the condition that Storm and his entourage help her get back her sister and figure out why her parents took her in the first place. Although not everything was as it seemed in the world of Dominion, and things were even more complicated than Lucy, or even Storm, could have realized.

This was one of my most-anticipated books of 201
Dani (Dani Reviews Things & Love in a time of Feminism)
Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Rating: 2.5 stars

Talk about Second Book Syndrome. Despite really loving the first book (see here for my review), I struggled to get into this. It took 25% of the book to actually get interesting for me, so it's a miracle I didn't DNF it at some point.

At the end of True Born, the first book in the trilogy, twin sisters Lucy and Margot are separated. Margot goes off with their parents and some random dude to Russia, w
Sophie
Apr 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
I received an ARC copy of True North from the publisher in exchange for an honest review!

Yikes. Another DNF series… I feel less terrible about not finishing True North than I do about Nexis and Redux because I actually made it 75% of the way through before packing it in. In any other situation, I would push through the last quarter of the book, but this was just so boring, I knew whatever happened wouldn’t be what I wanted to see out of the plot.

This series started out with an interesting premis
Erica Mae Campos
May 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Review originally posted at my blog: https://bookishpuffcorn.wordpress.com...

True North by L.E. Sterling is the 2nd book in the True Born Trilogy. Now, I advise that those who haven’t read the first book yet should think twice into reading this review because of possible spoilers. Read my review of True Born here.

It follows the first book wherein Margot disappears with her parents and their business partner to Russia. I strongly recommend that readers should pick up the first book before diving
Lillian
I received an eARC of this book via Netgalley. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of this review.

Yet another book that suffers from second-book syndrome. Y'all most of the time I can push through this. If the start of a series is intriguing enough for me to keep reading, I'm likely to push through a bad second book to get to the end (Ice Like Fire, anyone?). Unfortunately for True North that wasn't happening. True Born showed a lot of promise and so I was expecting a lot
Wendy
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
More people need to be reading this series - more teens and adults, alike. It's a series I am absolutely shocked does not come up in every bookish conversation. I'm actually completely floored when I mention the first title, True Born, to other readers and they've never heard of it. It's a title I always highly recommend, and now with the release of True North, I'm more certain now than ever before that L.E. Sterling's True Born trilogy is going to be a major game changer in not only young adult ...more
Sammy
Apr 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received an e-copy of this book from Entangled Crush (via NetGalley) in the run up to the publication of the third book in this series, True Storm, and in exchange for an honest review. The thoughts and opinions in this review are entirely my own.
So first book in this series is just mind-blowing. This one was more of a go-between/ bridge to the third book. Though I do usually find this, a series is captivating when book 1 can stand on its own if necessary, providing thrill and entertainment. I
« previous 1 3 next »

• Unraveled (Perfected, #3)
  • Tarnished (Perfected, #2)
  • Perfected (Perfected, #1)
  • The Palace of Lost Memories (After the Rift #1)
  • The Long Game (The Fixer, #2)
  • The Echo of Broken Dreams (After The Rift #2)
  • The Whisper of Silenced Voices (After The Rift #3)
  • The Princess Trials (The Princess Trials, #1)
  • Voice of Life (The Spoken Mage, #4)
  • Voice of Dominion (The Spoken Mage, #3)
  • Voice of Command (The Spoken Mage, #2)
  • The Temple of Forgotten Secrets (After The Rift, #4)
  • The Prison of Buried Hopes (After The Rift Book 5)
  • Until We End
  • Psykiatri 1
  • Free to Fall
  • Invaded (Alienated, #2)
  • Alienated (Alienated, #1)
L.E. Sterling had an early obsession with sci-fi, fantasy and romance, to which she remained faithful through an M.A. in creative writing and a PhD in English literature, where she completed a thesis on magical representation.

She is the author of cult hit YA novel The Originals (under pen name L.E. Vollick) and the Urban Fantasy Pluto’s Gate, and the True Born Trilogy. True Born, first in the ser

True Born Trilogy (3 books)
  • True Born (True Born Trilogy, #1)
  • True Storm (True Born Trilogy #3)