Start by marking “A Crown of Wishes (The Star-Touched Queen, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Crown of Wishes (The Star-Touched Queen, #2)

A Crown of Wishes (The Star-Touched Queen #2)

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  4,396 Ratings  ·  1,044 Reviews
An ancient mystery. An unlikely union. For one young princess in a state of peril, a dangerous wish could be the only answer…

She is the princess of Bharata—captured by her kingdom’s enemies, a prisoner of war. Now that she faces a future of exile and scorn, Gauri has nothing left to lose. But should she trust Vikram, the notoriously cunning prince of a neighboring land? He
Published March 28th 2017 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about A Crown of Wishes, please sign up.
Roshani Chokshi At the moment, there are no more books planned in The Star-Touched Queen universe :) Technically, it's not a duology. Both books are standalones, but…moreAt the moment, there are no more books planned in The Star-Touched Queen universe :) Technically, it's not a duology. Both books are standalones, but with different main characters.(less)

Sarah Maas
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely stunning.

Every single word of this book is exquisite--and the lush, intricate world-building is nothing short of remarkable. (I pretty much alternated sighing over the glorious prose with sighing over Vikram.) Gauri is one hell of a nuanced, badass heroine, and the vivid world she inhabits is full of wondrous magic, deadly intrigues, and creatures from your loveliest dreams and darkest nightmares.

As much as I adored THE STAR-TOUCHED QUEEN, I think I might love A CROWN OF WISHES even
Lola  Reviewer
Dec 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fans of CARAVAL
Roshani Chokshi is on the right path to becoming one of my favourite authors of all time. If she keeps writing the way she does, that is.

Because she writes like a goddess. As long as her stories are as magical as her writing, her books will always be winners (a.k.a. New York Times bestsellers).

Although this is marketed as a ''companion novel'' to The Star-Touched Queen, one can argue quite convincingly that this is more of an ''unconventional'' sequel.

I’d go for ''sequel'' myself, because this s
Em
Nov 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-reads, favorites

lean in close to my chest…. listen….. if you’re quiet enough you can hear a soft chorus of ‘read this book…read this book’ in place of my heartbeat.

this book was so gorgeous I honestly want to lie in spring grass for a couple weeks and you can find me glowing and covered in roses!! like have you ever enjoyed reading a book so much that you couldn't stand it? It fills up your insides, all the way to the brim, and you feel like you could overflow? you like it so much you don’t know what to do with
Cait • A Page with a View
Jun 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya-fantasy, 2017-arcs
"Existence is the gift. Life is a choice."

I know I've mentioned a couple hundred times that I'm a huge fan of Roshani Chokshi's gorgeous writing, but can I please gush some more first?? IT IS SO MAGICAL. I would seriously read 200 extra pages describing everything further, no joke. The metaphors are amazing. I just love how her books have this wonderfully optimistic, whimsical, hopeful quality about them while still having a serious plot with realistic characters. And speaking of the character
Roshani Chokshi
Mar 17, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
11/2017 edit: I just turned in my very last Star-Touched queen novella, which is about Gauri & Vikram after the events of A CROWN OF WISHES and now I feel very nostalgic...to all of you who have read and reviewed ACOW and brought it to the attention of other readers, thank you so much. Writing in this world freed up parts of my heart I didn't know needed freeing. I'm not sure if or when I'll return to this world again, but I am glad that I got the chance to wander through it even one last ti ...more
Renee Ahdieh
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh, Roshani, Roshani, Roshani . . . what have you done to my heart?

This book is just as lush and beautiful as it's touted to be, but even more than that it's damned smart writing. The lovely whimsiness (Is that a word? *bangs gavel* NOW IT IS!) of the world-building is reminiscent of Roald Dahl and Laini Taylor, with a dash of A Midsummer Night's Dream thrown into the mix for good measure.

If you enjoy books about sharp young women with even sharper wit and boys who were made to make you swoon, p
Brittney ~ Reverie and Ink
**Full review update (spoiler free!)** Holy crap. This was PHENOMENAL. Absolutely a new ALL TIME favorite. Can I give this one more than 5 stars please?

I was a bit nervous going into this one because I had a hard time connecting with Roshani's first novel "A Star Touched Queen." It was seriously a gorgeously written book but my brain just couldn't handle the complexity of the writing. I admired it but I just had a rough time understanding it.

So, if you felt the same way and had a hard time with
Mikee Andrea (ReadWithMikee)
Thank you to St. Martin's Press and Griffin Teen for providing me with an ARC to review!

3.5 STARS

I wish I could give A Crown of Wishes a much higher rating. I even considered setting my rating to a 3.5 star bumped up to 4 stars rather than 3.5 rounded down to a 3, but I think a 4 star rating would be a bit generous and not very honest on my part so I'm just going to set my rating to 3 stars because that's what I feel reflects my true reading experience.

Let me start off by saying that I was not
Nastassja

A crown of wishes is finally here! I love this story so much I feel like making every friend of mine read it. Yup, I am that unashamed *Grinch smile* You haven't started this book yet? What are you doing here?! Run, reader, run and start it right now :D

*Thank you to St. Martin's Griffin and NetGalley for sending me a copy of this book!*

Melanie

1.) The Star-Touched Queen ★★★★

“A story had no ownership. A story could break its bones, grow wings, soar out of reach and dive out of sight in the time it took just to draw breath. It meant we weren't walking a cut path. We carved it into existence with every step.”

This was utterly enchanting and completely mesmerizing. I loved The Star-Touched Queen when I read it last year, and this story was even better! Yet, this story also made me fall deeper in love with The Star-Touched Queen, becaus
emi
“What was magic anyway, but the world beheld by someone who chose to see it differently?”

2.25/5 stars

Biggest lie of 2017 so far : "Hey Emi, read this book. It's as beautiful as its cover."

To the person who told me this, and you know who you are, I don't know if I can ever possibly forgive you. Please send me pictures of Harry Styles and I might reconsider.

What's with me reading all these disappointing books lately? It needs to stop please. I don't have time for this.

It was actually
Jacqueline
5/5 stars (are we even surprised)

Video Review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EG4a...

How is it even possible that this book is even better than the first?

Roshani Chokshi's way with words blows my mind. She creates such beautiful angelic sentences that have memorized. The characters are ones that I LOVE and although I adored the characters in TSTQ, I loved these even more (yet again how is that even possible). I even loved the romance more in this book.

Since TSTQ was her debut novel, you can
sreeja (semi-hiatus)
Jun 26, 2017 rated it really liked it

S’CUSE me as I overflow this review with pretty af gifs of Bollywood movies that I connected to this story (im sure that there are more gifs than words in this :P)

I loved the whole feel of this book and I honestly felt like I was
maymay❀
Nov 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Recommended to maymay❀ by: Em
Things this book promised me:
1. Snarky ship that will own my heart
2. Captivating, enchanting plot

Things this book delivered:
1. Snarky ship that owns my heart

So, was this book good? Yes, it was pretty darn good. But it wasn’t fantastic so sit down and pour yourself a cup of tea, let’s talk.

- I would die for Vikram, let this be known
- Guari is one of those princess warriors that everyone wants to be when they grow up
- Aasha is basically me – the kid has so much dreams but doesn’t know what to
Stacee
I am painfully in love with TSTQ, so I knew I would do nearly anything to get my greedy hands on Crown. And when I got it, it was a matter of walking the fine line between devouring and saving.

I love love loved Gauri and Vikram. She's stubborn and he's charming and they're adorable. The banter between them is top notch. I was laughing and swooning and gripping the book in exasperation. It's quite a roller coaster.

As always, the story is fantastical and the prose is lyrical. I want to roll around
Candace Robinson
I definitely liked this book more than The Star-Touched Queen. Gauri doesn't make a lot of idiotic mistakes like Maya did. She is strong and fierce! Vikrim, Vikrim, Vikrim! I loved him and his sass! There was a third point of a character named Aasha who I also connected with. I feel like Roshani can really write well, but sometimes the descriptions are overly done and a lot of the metaphors make zero sense. With that being said I don't even care they still go well with this magical world. Full r ...more
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤
“Vicious and sweet,” said Vikram, shaking his head. “Beastly girl.”
“You like me, don’t lie,” I teased.
“I couldn’t lie if I tried,” he said quietly.

It just so happens that I was given this ARC by the publisher back in December….I just was way too tired and ‘out of it’ to truly enjoy the lush story-telling of this novel. So every time I would pick up this beauty to read it, I’d get distracted or start to fall asleep…on the prologue. It was clear to me I wasn’t going to be able to read this b
Fables&Wren
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
WrensReads Review:

Whenever you think of Wonderland or Neverland or just anything stupid-beautiful, this book should be the first thing that comes to mind. Actually no, anything Roshani Chokshi has written is stupid-beautiful. It feels like a poem had a baby with a fantasy and out came Chokshi's books. The way she makes you see things is something you will get completely lost in. I found myself wanting to read more of the magical place she pieced together.

Caraval and The Night Circus are two othe
Nouf *LostinFantasy*
Actual rating: 4.5/5 rounded up to five magical stars!
"But why settle for a story, when I could start a legend?"

What to say when the book itself floors you with its mesmerizing and beautiful words! This is the kind of book that feels enchanting, comforting, funny, endearing, romantic - and will leave you with a huge smile on your face!

This book is a companion novel to the previous book by Roshani Chokshi, The Star-Touched Queen - so, it's not exactly a sequel. The main characters of "A Cro
Alyssa
Jun 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-releases
Better than the first book. Even if I'm given them the same overall rating. This one was better.

***Review posted on The Eater of Books! blog***

A Crown of Wishes by Roshani Chokshi
Book Two of The Star-Touched Queen series
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Publication Date: March 28, 2017
Rating: 4 stars
Source: eARC from NetGalley

Summary (from Goodreads):

Gauri, the princess of Bharata, has been taken as a prisoner of war by her kingdom’s enemies. Faced with a future of exile and scorn, Gauri has nothin
Luke Taylor
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So what is A Crown of Wishes?

It is a carefully-crafted creation of hopes and fears, subtly laced with winsome romance and witty humor, ineffable charms and incredible challenges, each world-building word building upon itself with the precise and ancient symmetry of a mystic maze-like mandala until one realizes they've crossed the magical barrier between reading and reality, where Roshani Chokshi grants the reader the truest wish of their heart by fulfilling the very purpose of the story itself.

description

R
Mogsy (MMOGC)
4 of 5 stars at The BiblioSanctum https://bibliosanctum.com/2017/05/21/...

I picked up A Crown of Wishes after the fantastic read that was The Star-Touched Queen, and I’m glad I did. This is despite the book being a companion novel rather than a true sequel, because while the two may feature different stories and characters, they are the same in all the ways that count – in their creative vision and excellence.

Once upon a time in a kingdom called Ujijain there lived a prince named Vikram. Known a
Elena May
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
“A story is control.”

What a gorgeous novel.

A charming, colorful, atmospheric fantasy book, based on Hindu epics. We are thrown into a beautiful, magical world of lush gardens and sweet fruits, spirits and demons, yakshas, rakshas, vanaras...

And my favorite snake-demons, nagas:

The world-building is exquisite, blending so many creatures and legends into one coherent whole. I have just one tiny tiny nitpick. It’s so insignificant that it’s not even worth mentioning, but it’s a part of a larger
Jiana
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5

I literally cannot tell you what went on in this book except for like the first 15% of it?? lmao anyway, this book sucked. I was in a constant state of utter confusion, I cannot begin to describe just how confusing it was. Roshani Chokshi probably over invested in the writing instead of focusing on making the plot understandable and honestly I don't give two shits about beautiful writing when the plot is confusing because obviously I won't be able to enjoy it????

As you can tell I suffered ma
Rebekah
WOW... I seriously think Roshani Chokshi just might be my new favorite author! Her writing is exquisite, the world building is lush with beautiful written imagery, the spell-binding. At the end of the book I just held the book and savored the story and her words...

This story is about two people. A girl, "with blood on her lips and fangs in the heart" also known as The ‘Jewel of Bharata.’ Gauri is who she's fierce because she's had to become so in order to survive her life with her brother as Ki

Melissa (Ever So Mela)
So everyone and their mother loves this and here I am alone in my dark little corner wondering what it would feel like a be part of the massive crowd that finds this breathtakingly beautiful.

Normally, I get why people adore books that I find utterly lacking but here I'm completely at a lost.
Is it the writing? Which yes, I'll give it that, it's quite lyrical. But prose in it of itself cannot win me over. I mean, what more prose than Shakespeare in Romeo and Juliet when at the end of the day all
Maram
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Basically me after reading this book:

description

---

fake buddy read with may and prag

i'm so here for this book's 🚢
Jodi Meadows
Jun 21, 2016 marked it as to-read
My soul is ready.
Cody
Feb 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
A Crown of Wishes is a spellbinding follow up to the stunning The Star-Touched Queen which was based on a Hades and Persephone retelling. TSTQ has a focus on Indian folklore, mythology, horoscopes and infused with wild imagination and enchanting writing. And yes, I have gone slightly mad with quotes <3

Vikram’s eyes widened. “What’s this? Praise from Her Beastliness in the morning? Are you under a curse that makes you friendly before noon? If so, how do we make it permanent?”

A Crown of Wish
Suzanne
Apr 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Torn between 4-4.5*

I really liked this book and the characters. Its really a great second book to a series and did not fall short compared to a lot of series sequels. Chokshi is an author that I can see myself reading all her future work because she writes such entertaining characters and interesting stories.
Addicted to YA: Discussion Leader Sign Up: A Crown of Wishes 1 28 Jun 03, 2018 06:50AM
Perpetual YA Book...: A Crown of Wishes 2 8 May 05, 2017 10:15AM
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 5 Jun 24, 2016 09:49AM
  • Endless Water, Starless Sky (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #2)
  • Traitor to the Throne (Rebel of the Sands, #2)
  • Spindle Fire (Spindle Fire #1)
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
  • These Rebel Waves (Stream Raiders, #1)
  • Rise of Fire (Reign of Shadows, #2)
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
  • Given to the Sea (Given Duet, #1)
  • Long May She Reign
  • Courting Darkness (Untitled Duology, #1)
  • A Reaper at the Gates (An Ember in the Ashes, #3)
  • The Cursed Queen (The Impostor Queen, #2)
  • Hunted
  • Seeker (Riders, #2)
  • Batman: Nightwalker (DC Icons, #2)
  • Windwitch (The Witchlands, #2)
  • Ice Wolves (Elementals, #1)
  • Flame in the Mist (Flame in the Mist, #1)
Roshani Chokshi is the New York Times bestselling author of The Star-Touched Queen and A CROWN OF WISHES. Her middle grade debut, ARU SHAH AND THE END OF TIME, will release April 3, 2018 with Disney/Rick Riordan Presents. Her next young adult novel, THE GILDED WOLVES, is slated for Winter 2019. Chokshi's work has appeared in Strange Horizons, Shimmer, and Book Smugglers. She was a finalist in the ...more
More about Roshani Chokshi

The Star-Touched Queen (2 books)
  • The Star-Touched Queen (The Star-Touched Queen, #1)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Off to Be the Wizard (Magic 2.0, #1)
  • Beneath the Shine
  • The Stepford Wives
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Time's Divide (The Chronos Files, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Long Earth (The Long Earth, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Gilded (Gilded, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Infinity Lost (The Infinity Trilogy #1)
  • The Man of Legends
  • All the Breaking Waves
  • Fellside
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Timebound (The Chronos Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Banished of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #1)
  • Muirwood: The Lost Abbey: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $0.99
  • 2061: Odyssey Three (Space Odyssey, #3)
  • Alas, Babylon
    $9.74 $1.99
  • 3001: The Final Odyssey (Space Odyssey, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Queen's Poisoner (Kingfountain, #1)
  • Zeroes
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dreams and Shadows (Dreams & Shadows, #1)
    $9.49 $1.99
  • Touch of Eternity (The Curse #1)
  • Touch
  • Dragon Rider
    $5.99 $1.99
  • An Unwelcome Quest
  • EARTHCORE
    $4.99 $1.49
  • Luna: New Moon
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • The Void of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dreadnought (Nemesis, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Magic (Prospero's War, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Plague of Giants (Seven Kennings, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Fire Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Knight Falling (Harmony Black, #2)
  • Star Wars: Thrawn
  • Zoo City
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unmasked (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Afterlife
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unseen (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Dwarves (The Dwarves, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dryad-Born (Whispers from Mirrowen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Unbroken Line of the Moon (Sagan om Valhalla #4; Valhalla #1)
  • Blackfish City
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Supernatural: Bobby Singer's Guide to Hunting
    $8.49 $1.99
  • Silvern (Gilded #2)
  • Some Fine Day
  • Random Acts of Senseless Violence
    $15.99 $1.99
  • Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West (Wicked Years, #1)
  • Mystic (Mystic, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Almost Girl (The Riven Chronicles, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Spell or High Water (Magic 2.0, #2)
  • Uprooted
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wormhole (The Rho Agenda, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dragons of Nova (Loom Saga, #2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Ciphers of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Amid Stars and Darkness (The Xenith Trilogy #1)
  • Otherkin
  • The Last Adventure of Constance Verity
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Traveler (Fourth Realm, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
“A story had no owner ship. A story could break its bones, grow wings, soar out of reach and dive out of sight in the time it took just to draw breath. It meant we weren’t walking a cut path. We carved it into existence with
every step.”
31 likes
“Love is like Death without the guarantee of its arrival. Love may not come for you, but when it does it will be just as swift and ruthless as Death and just as blind to your protestations. And just as Death will end one life and leave you with another, so will Love.” 31 likes