Start by marking “Her Every Fear” as Want to Read:
Her Every Fear

Her Every Fear

3.74  ·  Rating details ·  11,512 Ratings  ·  1,787 Reviews
Growing up, Kate Priddy was always a bit neurotic, experiencing momentary bouts of anxiety that exploded into full-blown panic attacks after an ex-boyfriend kidnapped her and nearly ended her life. When Corbin Dell, a distant cousin in Boston, suggests the two temporarily swap apartments, Kate, an art student in London, agrees, hoping that time away in a new place will hel ...more
Published January 10th 2017 by William Morrow

To ask other readers questions about Her Every Fear, please sign up.
Gyongyi Netherlands is part of the Visa Waiver Program, so the Dutch citizens travelling to the US require an ESTA. This is an electronic application which…moreNetherlands is part of the Visa Waiver Program, so the Dutch citizens travelling to the US require an ESTA. This is an electronic application which can be done online in no time. A non US citizen cannot use the electronic gates for a start and also required to give fingerprints of all 5 fingers and the thumb has to match with the one in the passport.
So, long story short this is entirely wrong and I just don't understand how the author didn't check this first...
The Dutch guy could have easily requested a quick ESTA visa online for Corbin. It is also possible that the Dutch guy had a valid ESTA, in case he travelled to the US in the past 2 years. Also, if he had an older passport with no fingerprints in it yet, then it could have worked. Definitely NO electronic gates though...
Lousy work, sorry. It only needed two extra lines to make it plausible.(less)
Maureen Just in case someone hasn't answered you yet...if you navigate to the home page for the book, there is an arrow beneath the book's cover, one of the…moreJust in case someone hasn't answered you yet...if you navigate to the home page for the book, there is an arrow beneath the book's cover, one of the options is currently reading, click on that and it should update your status to currently reading. Cheers and happy reading! (less)

Chelsea Humphrey
I'm always cautious going into a severely hyped up book these days. It seems those are the ones with the most potential to disappoint, as expectations are at their highest. I'm pleased to announce that this book lived up to the hype, but for me it was in a completely different way. Her Every Fear was an unexpected read for myself based on how it's being marketed. I knew it would be hard to top the author's mega successful thriller The Kind Worth Killing which swept the genre last year, and I'm p ...more
Melissa
A good story that could have been great, Her Every Fear is plagued with a mediocre ending and way too much repetition. What I did love about it though was the stalkerish vibe oozing off the pages. Is there anything better than a little creepiness to amp up the suspense? Unfortunately, it wasn't enough to stop me from thinking about what could have been. I just wish it had all culminated in a more exciting way.

If you’ve read The Kind Worth Killing than you know Peter Swanson can write an unexpect
Deanna
Feb 08, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

My reviews can also be seen at: https://deesradreadsandreviews.wordpr...

I am so far behind on the books I want to read. This is my first read from Peter Swanson. I've been wanting to read "The Kind Worth Killing" for a long time, I just haven't gotten to it. But when this book popped up on NetGalley it sounded like something I needed to read right away!

Kate Priddy lives in London and has decided to switch apartments with her distant cousin Corbin, who is from Boston. The switch will be
j e w e l s [Books Bejeweled]
Ahem. I have a late-breaking year end announcement to make:
THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST-PSYCHOLOGICALLY CREEPY- BOOKS I'VE READ IN 2017!

The story begins with a brilliant set-up. Corbin and Kate have never met, despite being second cousins. Kate lives in London and Corbin resides in Boston. After briefly emailing each other, both late 20-somethings decide to house swap for six months. They still never meet in person, since their crisscrossed flights take off at about the same time.

Kate arrives at Corb
Jeffrey Keeten
Mar 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller, horror
”She had nervous, haunted eyes. Something had happened to her. She was damaged goods, and that was more beautiful to Henry than her lovely bone structure and her plump mouth.”

Fear emanates off victims like a lighthouse beacon to those who prey. Fear kept so close to the surface of the skin makes the blood of a predator sing and their nose tingle with the heady scent of trepidation. Kate Priddy’s last boyfriend, George, turned out to be mentally deranged and was so consumed with her that he could
Elyse
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"Life was good" ......or was it?....for Kate Priddy?
Kate had come to Boston - Her cousin Corbin Dell went to London. They exchanged houses for six months. They were cousins, but had never met.

As Kate said herself, "Life was good" . And now that she was outside of the apartment, it suddenly seemed ridiculous how much she'd been obsessing about Audrey Marshall's death and Corbin's part in it. If he had been a genuine suspect, the police would have been back to search the apartment again. Yes, li
Emily (Books with Emily Fox)
3.75 ? 4?

Second time reading a book from Peter Swanson. Every time I'm pleasantly surprised but also shocked at how dark it gets!

I would recommend this one but I'm not sure if I like it as much as "The Kind Worth Killing". If you liked that one, you need to read this one too!
Kaceey - Traveling Sister
This one took me so much longer than my typical read. I finished nearly 3 other books while reading this one. Kept putting it down thinking that when I got back to it I’d appreciate it more. Well…that didn’t quite happen.

It was supposed to be a fun adventure. Kate and her second cousin Corbin were swapping apartments for six months. Kate would travel to Boston, actually her first time venturing to America. Her cousin Corbin would fly to London to stay in Kate's cozy flat. Fantastic idea! I would
Diane S ☔
Dec 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Kate suffers from crippling anxiety, a disorder that exploded after a terrifying incident at the hands of an ex-boyfriend. After her cousin Corbin, a cousin whom she has never met, takes a job in London , they agree to exchange apartments, which will bring Kate to the states,,and an opportunity for a new start, The night she moves into Corbin's gorgeous apartment, a young woman is found murdered in the apartment next door.

While this book was fast paced, caused me to shudder many times, it also c
Linda
So many checkers rolling off this gameboard.

More on that later.

Kate Priddy, a young artist, has made the decision to swap apartments with her second cousin, Corbin Dell. Tricky thing is that Corbin and Kate have never met. Trickier yet, Kate will trade her small London apartment for her cousin's upscale Boston digs. The red squares will be sliding over the black squares.

Trickier even yet, our girl Kate had been held hostage some time before this by a demented boyfriend. Kate trembled and broke d
Brenda
Feb 10, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I finished this book last night and prepared a review in my head. This morning, I think I'm just going to say I thought the book was contrived. It had some plot elements that were too convenient, some things that were just too implausible to be believed, and then rehashed the story from a different character's viewpoint. And I'll let it go at that.
Barbara
Jan 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: bayb-2018

Londoner Kate Priddy's last romance was a disaster. Her boyfriend George was pathologically jealous, and - after they broke up - showed up at her borrowed cottage with a gun. George terrorized Kate for hours, then locked her in a closet and shot himself. Kate was found two days later, suffering from shock and claustrophobia. After recovering at her parents' home for months Kate resumed her life, but was plagued by anxiety and panic attacks.

It's now several years later and Kate, a talented art s
Sue
Many thanks to the publisher, Faber and Faber Ltd and Netgalley for granting my wish to read HER EVERY FEAR by Peter Swanson. I was really looking forward to reading this book. I have to admit this is the first book I have read by this author, but I have his debut book “The Kind Worth Killing”, still to read.

The story follows Kate Priddy, an English girl who has swapped apartments with Corbin Dell, her distant cousin, and has moved to America for six months. Following a brutal attack by her ex-b
Esil
Dec 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
3.5 stars. I haven't read Peter Swanson's The Kind Worth Killing, but I know that it was much loved by many GR friends. So I was excited to get access to an advance copy of Swanson's upcoming Her Every Fear. Kate trades her London apartment for her cousin's Boston apartment for six months. When she gets to Boston, it turns out that the young woman next door has just been murdered. Life quickly gets complicated and tense for Kate. For the first half or so, my inner voice was excitedly yelling "br ...more
Dianne
Jan 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
I seem to be in a bit of a reading slump. I have all this glorious literature available from the library but I can't seem to get any traction on it. The last couple of books I've read have been thrillers that have been highly entertaining and diverting - just the jolt of adrenaline I've been needing. So imagine my delight when I found Peter Swanson's new thriller "Her Every Fear" in my mailbox last week! MORE MIND CANDY!!! A sugar buzz in book form! I loved Swanson's last book, "The Kind Worth K ...more
Carol
Nov 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed this newest, twisted thriller from Peter Swanson. It’s a well-written tale of voyeurism, obsession and murder. The book blurb compared it to the classic Hitchcock movie, Rear Window…which (I must confess) I’m old enough to remember. Although not as riveting for me, I was reminded of his other suspense novel, The Kind Worth Killing. There are similarities. They both involve sociopathic co-conspirators; and the author uses multiple narrators for different viewpoints of the sam ...more
*TANYA*
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story was full of twists and it was very intricate. I also enjoyed all the different POV's but this book lacked "something", not quite sure what.
Skyler Autumn
3.5 Star

Kate needs to get away, she needs a break, and needs to make a change. Ever since her ex-boyfriend stalked her, threatened her life, and then swiftly killed himself outside the closet he shoved her in, Kate's been in a bit of a rut. A near death experience can really do that to a girl. Suffering from major PTSD brought on by such a horrific ordeal has made Kate an anxious lady ravished with panic attacks, constantly jumping to the worse possible conclusions, and believing her life to b
Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice*
I don't quite know what it was about Her Every Fear by Peter Swanson that didn't quite do it for me. And I have thought long and hard about it since finishing this book yesterday.

I like Swanson's style of writing - it is very relaxed, soothing almost. And perhaps, therein lies the problem. This book should have oozed tension, creepiness, and it just didn't. There are all the ingredients of a good read. There are panic attacks, murder, stalking and lies. But there is something lacking.....

I haven
Lala BooksandLala
My rating is probably 3.5 out of 5 stars. It was definitely more mystery than thriller; there wasn't as much action or plot twists as I was expecting, having read and loved the author's previous book 'The Kind Worth Killing.' It was still quite engaging, the writing was great, it was just slower than I wanted. I felt like the reveals were done a bit awkwardly; we would find out something and then the timeline would jump backward and we would have to wait for the characters to make the realizatio ...more
Jan
Apr 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
Not as intense as The Kind Worth Killing, but still very entertaining.

There is something about Peter Swanson's writing style that I really respond to. Maybe it's the subtlety...he isn't one to smack you in the face with big reveals or jaw dropping twists.
They are still there, but the build up is much slower, therefore allowing me time to wonder, guess, predict, or anticipate.

The plot has some holes to it, but overall I found it creative and unique. (read the marketing blurb for more on this as
Christine
Aug 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Seriously GREAT! Gorgeously dark! I fell in love with the writing of Peter Swanson, on reading ‘The Kind Worth Killing’. Now’s he’s back with a new one to grip you, send your senses soaring and make you wonder if there is someone creeping about your house.’Her Every Fear’ is a must-read for 2017.

The story follows Kate, an English girl who has swapped apartments with Corbin, a distant cousin, and has moved to America for six months. She is has over-come trauma in her past, following an abusive re
sue
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: net-galley
My wish was so granted when I wanted to read this.
After reading a book by this author before and remembering how quickly I read it because it gripped me, I was eager to see if Peter Swanson could do it again.

I'm excited to say that he did!
When I wasn't reading this I was either thinking about it or talking to my husband about what I'd read so far.

Kate became so real to me.

The trauma she had gone through and the legacy it had left I felt quite emotional for her.

When deciding to do a house swap wi
Tooter
Oct 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75 Stars. I received this book through the Goodreads Give-Away. Another good mystery by Peter Swanson. While I didn't enjoy this one as much as his debut, The Kind Worth Killing, I would still highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys psychological mysteries.
Vanessa
Kate Priddy, a young English woman, is recovering from the traumatizing events that unfolded during her last relationship. She and her cousin, Corbin Dell, decide to swap apartments, with her moving into his upscale apartment in Boston and him trading for her smaller flat in London. Upon arriving in Boston, Kate learns the news that Audrey Marshall, Corbin's next door neighbor, was found dead in her apartment.

During the course of the book, we are introduced to a fairly small cast of characters
Mandy
Jan 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
This is the story of Kate Priddy, who arrives in Boston having done a house swap with her second cousin, Corbin Dell. Within a short space of time she learns that Corbin's next door neighbour has been murdered, and finds out that Corbin was involved with her.
I enjoyed this, and read it quite quickly, but I had to admit to a few raised eyebrows as it went on. I found some of the book a little too unbelievable, but found it entertaining none the less.
I did like the writing style, and would like
Abby (Crime by the Book)
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This freaking BOOK. I completely binge-read this one, and I'm so sad it's over.

I think this book is all about expectations - it's not going to be for everyone. This definitely isn't an action-packed or bloody thriller - if you're looking for something with lots of in-your-face shocking moments, you'll be disappointed. If, however, you're open to a mystery that's more of a subtle mind game, you'll be totally hooked.

I was completely absorbed from the first page of this book til the very last. Sw
Gabby
Holy shit aklsjdlakjslkajsda. This was so good. I loved The Kind Worth Killing, also by this author and I was eager to pick up this book too! But then I started reading all these bad reviews and I put off reading it for a while but I finally ordered it off bookoutlet for a cheap price and read it last night and aklsjdlkajslda. It was so FUCKING GOOD. The synopsis literally gives away nothing and there are so many plot twists omg. This is definitely one of my new favorite thrillers and p
Malia
Feb 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery-suspense
Her Every Fear is my second book by Peter Swanson, and after his thrilling previous novel, The Kind Worth Killing I had rather lofty expectations. The story is told from multiple POVs, which I usually enjoy and which is done well, definitely adding an element of uncertainly, and which made me wonder which, if any, of the narrators was reliable. Kate Priddy agrees to a house swap with a cousin, Corbin Dell, whom she has never met. She travels to Boston to move into his luxurious apartment, while ...more
Louise Wilson
Jan 16, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. Whilst growing up Kate Priddy had always been a bit neurotic, often experiencing bouts of anxiety that grew into full blown panic attacks after an ex-boyfriend kidnapped her.

When Corbin Bell, her distant cousin, suggests they temporary swap apartments, Kate agrees. Soon after she settles into her cousins flat, the next door neighbour Audrey Marshall, has been murdered.

This is the point where instead of being a thriller, it felt more like a who-did-it with a few characters who could ha
Peter Swanson is the author of three novels: The Girl With a Clock For a Heart, an LA Times Book Award finalist; The Kind Worth Killing, winner of the New England Society Book Award, and finalist for the CWA Ian Fleming Steel Dagger; and his most recent, Her Every Fear. His books have been translated into 30 languages, and his stories, poetry, and features have appeared in Asimov’s Science Fiction ...more
More about Peter Swanson

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• The Bricklayer (Steve Vail, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Among the Wicked (Kate Burkholder #8)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Snow Garden
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Almost Dead (Lizzy Gardner #5)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Fatal Frost (Dewberry Farm Mysteries, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Remains of Innocence (Joanna Brady, #16)
  • Outfoxed
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Huntress Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #1)
  • Zeroes
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Last Witness (C.J. Townsend Thriller)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dead Weight (Lizzy Gardner #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Weekend Warriors (Sisterhood)
    $5.99 $0.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Eye for an Eye (Dewey Andreas, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Short Drop (Gibson Vaughn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • You Only Live Twice (James Bond, #12)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Thunderball (James Bond, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Casino Royale (James Bond, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Live and Let Die (James Bond, #2)
  • Dr. No
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Moonraker (James Bond, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Diamonds are Forever (James Bond)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Spy Who Loved Me (James Bond, #10)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • From Russia With Love (James Bond, #5)
  • The Blinds
  • Little Boy Lost
  • Blonde Faith
  • Flush
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Deadly Business
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Private Justice (Newpointe 911, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Cutting Room (C.J. Townsend Thriller Book 3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • First to Kill (Nathan McBride, #1)
  • In the Barren Ground
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blood Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Lie In Wait (Canaan Crime #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Legacy
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Her Final Breath (Tracy Crosswhite, #2)
  • The Taxidermist's Daughter
    $7.74 $1.99
  • Depraved Heart (Kay Scarpetta, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Standing in Another Man's Grave (Inspector Rebus, #18)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • In the Clearing (Tracy Crosswhite, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Cop Hater (87th Precinct, #1)
  • The Jekyll Revelation
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Book of Beloved
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
  • Afterlife
  • The Vines
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Obsessed (Lizzy Gardner #4)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • River's Edge (Cape Refuge Series, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Pedigree To Die For (A Melanie Travis Mystery Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
  • Tell the Truth, Shame the Devil
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kane and Abel (Kane and Abel, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Bone Music (Burning Girl, #1)
  • In the Blue Hour
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cold Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #3)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • Stirred (Jacqueline "Jack" Daniels #8)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Raven Black (Shetland Island, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Trapped Girl (Tracy Crosswhite, #4)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Neon Lawyer (Brigham Theodore, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Coyote Waits (Navajo Mysteries, #10)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Sinister Pig (Navajo Mysteries, #16)
    $9.74 $1.99
  • The Kept Woman (Will Trent #8)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Snowblind (Dark Iceland #1)
    $7.09 $2.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bitter Medicine (V.I. Warshawski, #4)
    $8.49 $1.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
  • Playing Dead
  • Look Behind You
  • Where the Memories Lie
    $4.99 $1.99
  • White Nights (Shetland Island, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Close to Home (Tracy Crosswhite, #5)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Fields of Wrath (Luis Chavez, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Three (Codename: Chandler, #3)
  • The Hollow Men: A Novel
    $15.95 $1.99
  • What She Doesn't Know
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Pope of Palm Beach: A Novel (Serge Storms)
  • Ancestor
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Night Bird (Frost Easton, #1)
  • Flood (Burke, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Pretty Little Killers (The Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The House of Memory (Pluto's Snitch #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Evil Never Dies (Lizzy Gardner, #6)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Twisted Root (William Monk, #10)
    $11.99 $2.99
  • The Red Road (Alex Morrow #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Last Detective (Peter Diamond, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Now You See Her
    $10.00 $2.99
  • The Beast (Peter Decker/Rina Lazarus, #21)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Fallen (Amos Decker, #4)
    $14.99 $4.99
  • The Silence of the Lambs (Hannibal Lecter, #2)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Marathon Man
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Darkness, My Old Friend
  • Retribution
  • Duplicity
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Widowmaker (Mike Bowditch #7)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Bones Don't Lie (Morgan Dane #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Remember Me Like This
    $13.99 $2.99
  • Penance
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Cold Harbor (Gibson Vaughn, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • On Her Majesty's Secret Service (James Bond, #11)
  • Neighborly
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Targeted (Callahan & McLane, #4)
  • The Drowning
    $15.95 $1.99
  • The Second Girl
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Spree (Codename: Chandler #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2)
  • Silent Victim
  • In Farleigh Field
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dying to Tell (Slaughter Creek, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Poisonfeather (Gibson Vaughn, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • A Dark Mind (Lizzy Gardner #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Thunder of Heaven (The End Series, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Time Heals No Wounds (Baltic Sea Crime #1)
  • The Good Samaritan
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Looking Glass  (The Naturalist #2)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • My Sister's Grave (Tracy Crosswhite #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
“It was a beautiful spring night, the air rain-washed and smelling of crushed blossoms, and Henry felt as if the muscles of his body were singing in unison.” 2 likes