Start by marking “Her Every Fear” as Want to Read:
Her Every Fear

Her Every Fear

3.75  ·  Rating details ·  14,819 ratings  ·  2,147 reviews
Growing up, Kate Priddy was always a bit neurotic, experiencing momentary bouts of anxiety that exploded into full-blown panic attacks after an ex-boyfriend kidnapped her and nearly ended her life. When Corbin Dell, a distant cousin in Boston, suggests the two temporarily swap apartments, Kate, an art student in London, agrees, hoping that time away in a new place will hel ...more
Published January 10th 2017 by William Morrow

To ask other readers questions about Her Every Fear, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Tiarli Santello
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Gyongyi Netherlands is part of the Visa Waiver Program, so the Dutch citizens travelling to the US require an ESTA. This is an electronic application which…moreNetherlands is part of the Visa Waiver Program, so the Dutch citizens travelling to the US require an ESTA. This is an electronic application which can be done online in no time. A non US citizen cannot use the electronic gates for a start and also required to give fingerprints of all 5 fingers and the thumb has to match with the one in the passport.
So, long story short this is entirely wrong and I just don't understand how the author didn't check this first...
The Dutch guy could have easily requested a quick ESTA visa online for Corbin. It is also possible that the Dutch guy had a valid ESTA, in case he travelled to the US in the past 2 years. Also, if he had an older passport with no fingerprints in it yet, then it could have worked. Definitely NO electronic gates though...
Lousy work, sorry. It only needed two extra lines to make it plausible.(less)

·  14,819 ratings  ·  2,147 reviews

Chelsea Humphrey
I'm always cautious going into a severely hyped up book these days. It seems those are the ones with the most potential to disappoint, as expectations are at their highest. I'm pleased to announce that this book lived up to the hype, but for me it was in a completely different way. Her Every Fear was an unexpected read for myself based on how it's being marketed. I knew it would be hard to top the author's mega successful thriller The Kind Worth Killing which swept the genre last year, and I'm p ...more
Melissa
A good story that could have been great, Her Every Fear is plagued with a mediocre ending and way too much repetition. What I did love about it though was the stalkerish vibe oozing off the pages. Is there anything better than a little creepiness to amp up the suspense? Unfortunately, it wasn't enough to stop me from thinking about what could have been. I just wish it had all culminated in a more exciting way.

If you’ve read The Kind Worth Killing than you know Peter Swanson can write an unexpect
Deanna
Feb 08, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

My reviews can also be seen at: https://deesradreadsandreviews.wordpr...

I am so far behind on the books I want to read. This is my first read from Peter Swanson. I've been wanting to read "The Kind Worth Killing" for a long time, I just haven't gotten to it. But when this book popped up on NetGalley it sounded like something I needed to read right away!

Kate Priddy lives in London and has decided to switch apartments with her distant cousin Corbin, who is from Boston. The switch will be
j e w e l s [Books Bejeweled]
Ahem. I have a late-breaking year end announcement to make:
THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST-PSYCHOLOGICALLY CREEPY- BOOKS I'VE READ IN 2017!

The story begins with a brilliant set-up. Corbin and Kate have never met, despite being second cousins. Kate lives in London and Corbin resides in Boston. After briefly emailing each other, both late 20-somethings decide to house swap for six months. They still never meet in person, since their crisscrossed flights take off at about the same time.

Kate arrives at Corb
Jeffrey Keeten
Mar 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller, horror
”She had nervous, haunted eyes. Something had happened to her. She was damaged goods, and that was more beautiful to Henry than her lovely bone structure and her plump mouth.”

Fear emanates off victims like a lighthouse beacon to those who prey. Fear kept so close to the surface of the skin makes the blood of a predator sing and their nose tingle with the heady scent of trepidation. Kate Priddy’s last boyfriend, George, turned out to be mentally deranged and was so consumed with her that he could
Elyse Walters
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"Life was good" ......or was it?....for Kate Priddy?
Kate had come to Boston - Her cousin Corbin Dell went to London. They exchanged houses for six months. They were cousins, but had never met.

As Kate said herself, "Life was good" . And now that she was outside of the apartment, it suddenly seemed ridiculous how much she'd been obsessing about Audrey Marshall's death and Corbin's part in it. If he had been a genuine suspect, the police would have been back to search the apartment again. Yes, li
Kaceey
Apr 12, 2017 rated it liked it
This one took me so much longer than my typical read. I finished nearly 3 other books while reading this one. Kept putting it down thinking that when I got back to it I’d appreciate it more. Well…that didn’t quite happen.

It was supposed to be a fun adventure. Kate and her second cousin Corbin were swapping apartments for six months. Kate would travel to Boston, actually her first time venturing to America. Her cousin Corbin would fly to London to stay in Kate's cozy flat. Fantastic idea! I would
Emily (Books with Emily Fox)
3.75 ? 4?

Second time reading a book from Peter Swanson. Every time I'm pleasantly surprised but also shocked at how dark it gets!

I would recommend this one but I'm not sure if I like it as much as "The Kind Worth Killing". If you liked that one, you need to read this one too!
Diane S ☔
Dec 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Kate suffers from crippling anxiety, a disorder that exploded after a terrifying incident at the hands of an ex-boyfriend. After her cousin Corbin, a cousin whom she has never met, takes a job in London , they agree to exchange apartments, which will bring Kate to the states,,and an opportunity for a new start, The night she moves into Corbin's gorgeous apartment, a young woman is found murdered in the apartment next door.

While this book was fast paced, caused me to shudder many times, it also c
Brenda
Feb 10, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I finished this book last night and prepared a review in my head. This morning, I think I'm just going to say I thought the book was contrived. It had some plot elements that were too convenient, some things that were just too implausible to be believed, and then rehashed the story from a different character's viewpoint. And I'll let it go at that.
Linda
So many checkers rolling off this gameboard.

More on that later.

Kate Priddy, a young artist, has made the decision to swap apartments with her second cousin, Corbin Dell. Tricky thing is that Corbin and Kate have never met. Trickier yet, Kate will trade her small London apartment for her cousin's upscale Boston digs. The red squares will be sliding over the black squares.

Trickier even yet, our girl Kate had been held hostage some time before this by a demented boyfriend. Kate trembled and broke d
Katie B
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Good read, nothing significantly wrong with it, but I was hoping for awesome. I've now read all 5 of Peter Swanson's novels, and if I had to rank them I would put this one right in the middle. This is a more character driven novel and feels slightly different than his other books. I highly recommend reading all of the Author's Notes at the end because it really provided some good insight into what exactly he was aiming for in this book.

Given everything that has happened to Kate Priddy,
Sue
Many thanks to the publisher, Faber and Faber Ltd and Netgalley for granting my wish to read HER EVERY FEAR by Peter Swanson. I was really looking forward to reading this book. I have to admit this is the first book I have read by this author, but I have his debut book “The Kind Worth Killing”, still to read.

The story follows Kate Priddy, an English girl who has swapped apartments with Corbin Dell, her distant cousin, and has moved to America for six months. Following a brutal attack by her ex-b
Barbara
Jan 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: bayb-2018

Londoner Kate Priddy's last romance was a disaster. Her boyfriend George was pathologically jealous, and - after they broke up - showed up at her borrowed cottage with a gun. George terrorized Kate for hours, then locked her in a closet and shot himself. Kate was found two days later, suffering from shock and claustrophobia. After recovering at her parents' home for months Kate resumed her life, but was plagued by anxiety and panic attacks.

It's now several years later and Kate, a talented art s
Dianne
Jan 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
I seem to be in a bit of a reading slump. I have all this glorious literature available from the library but I can't seem to get any traction on it. The last couple of books I've read have been thrillers that have been highly entertaining and diverting - just the jolt of adrenaline I've been needing. So imagine my delight when I found Peter Swanson's new thriller "Her Every Fear" in my mailbox last week! MORE MIND CANDY!!! A sugar buzz in book form! I loved Swanson's last book, "The Kind Worth K ...more
Esil
Dec 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
3.5 stars. I haven't read Peter Swanson's The Kind Worth Killing, but I know that it was much loved by many GR friends. So I was excited to get access to an advance copy of Swanson's upcoming Her Every Fear. Kate trades her London apartment for her cousin's Boston apartment for six months. When she gets to Boston, it turns out that the young woman next door has just been murdered. Life quickly gets complicated and tense for Kate. For the first half or so, my inner voice was excitedly yelling "br ...more
*TANYA*
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story was full of twists and it was very intricate. I also enjoyed all the different POV's but this book lacked "something", not quite sure what.
Carol
Nov 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed this newest, twisted thriller from Peter Swanson. It’s a well-written tale of voyeurism, obsession and murder. The book blurb compared it to the classic Hitchcock movie, Rear Window…which (I must confess) I’m old enough to remember. Although not as riveting for me, I was reminded of his other suspense novel, The Kind Worth Killing. There are similarities. They both involve sociopathic co-conspirators; and the author uses multiple narrators for different viewpoints of the sam ...more
Skyler Autumn
Jan 23, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 Star

Kate needs to get away, she needs a break, and needs to make a change. Ever since her ex-boyfriend stalked her, threatened her life, and then swiftly killed himself outside the closet he shoved her in, Kate's been in a bit of a rut. A near death experience can really do that to a girl. Suffering from major PTSD brought on by such a horrific ordeal has made Kate an anxious lady ravished with panic attacks, constantly jumping to the worse possible conclusions, and believing her life to b
Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice*
I don't quite know what it was about Her Every Fear by Peter Swanson that didn't quite do it for me. And I have thought long and hard about it since finishing this book yesterday.

I like Swanson's style of writing - it is very relaxed, soothing almost. And perhaps, therein lies the problem. This book should have oozed tension, creepiness, and it just didn't. There are all the ingredients of a good read. There are panic attacks, murder, stalking and lies. But there is something lacking.....

I haven
Lala BooksandLala
Jul 21, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: thriller-mystery
My rating is probably 3.5 out of 5 stars. It was definitely more mystery than thriller; there wasn't as much action or plot twists as I was expecting, having read and loved the author's previous book 'The Kind Worth Killing.' It was still quite engaging, the writing was great, it was just slower than I wanted. I felt like the reveals were done a bit awkwardly; we would find out something and then the timeline would jump backward and we would have to wait for the characters to make the realizatio ...more
Jan
Apr 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
Not as intense as The Kind Worth Killing, but still very entertaining.

There is something about Peter Swanson's writing style that I really respond to. Maybe it's the subtlety...he isn't one to smack you in the face with big reveals or jaw dropping twists.
They are still there, but the build up is much slower, therefore allowing me time to wonder, guess, predict, or anticipate.

The plot has some holes to it, but overall I found it creative and unique. (read the marketing blurb for more on this as
sue
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: net-galley
My wish was so granted when I wanted to read this.
After reading a book by this author before and remembering how quickly I read it because it gripped me, I was eager to see if Peter Swanson could do it again.

I'm excited to say that he did!
When I wasn't reading this I was either thinking about it or talking to my husband about what I'd read so far.

Kate became so real to me.

The trauma she had gone through and the legacy it had left I felt quite emotional for her.

When deciding to do a house swap wi
Christine
Aug 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Seriously GREAT! Gorgeously dark! I fell in love with the writing of Peter Swanson, on reading ‘The Kind Worth Killing’. Now’s he’s back with a new one to grip you, send your senses soaring and make you wonder if there is someone creeping about your house.’Her Every Fear’ is a must-read for 2017.

The story follows Kate, an English girl who has swapped apartments with Corbin, a distant cousin, and has moved to America for six months. She is has over-come trauma in her past, following an abusive re
Tooter
Oct 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75 Stars. I received this book through the Goodreads Give-Away. Another good mystery by Peter Swanson. While I didn't enjoy this one as much as his debut, The Kind Worth Killing, I would still highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys psychological mysteries.
Tammy
Aug 30, 2016 rated it liked it
As much as I liked Swanson's previous books this one fell a bit short of the mark. The last quarter of the novel lacked the twist that these books need to really work. That said, the first three quarters of the book hooked me and I will continue to read Swanson.
Gabby
Holy shit aklsjdlakjslkajsda. This was so good. I loved The Kind Worth Killing, also by this author and I was eager to pick up this book too! But then I started reading all these bad reviews and I put off reading it for a while but I finally ordered it off bookoutlet for a cheap price and read it last night and aklsjdlkajslda. It was so FUCKING GOOD. The synopsis literally gives away nothing and there are so many plot twists omg. This is definitely one of my new favorite thrillers and p
Crime by the Book
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This freaking BOOK. I completely binge-read this one, and I'm so sad it's over.

I think this book is all about expectations - it's not going to be for everyone. This definitely isn't an action-packed or bloody thriller - if you're looking for something with lots of in-your-face shocking moments, you'll be disappointed. If, however, you're open to a mystery that's more of a subtle mind game, you'll be totally hooked.

I was completely absorbed from the first page of this book til the very last. Sw
Vanessa
Kate Priddy, a young English woman, is recovering from the traumatizing events that unfolded during her last relationship. She and her cousin, Corbin Dell, decide to swap apartments, with her moving into his upscale apartment in Boston and him trading for her smaller flat in London. Upon arriving in Boston, Kate learns the news that Audrey Marshall, Corbin's next door neighbor, was found dead in her apartment.

During the course of the book, we are introduced to a fairly small cast of characters
Mandy
Jan 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
This is the story of Kate Priddy, who arrives in Boston having done a house swap with her second cousin, Corbin Dell. Within a short space of time she learns that Corbin's next door neighbour has been murdered, and finds out that Corbin was involved with her.
I enjoyed this, and read it quite quickly, but I had to admit to a few raised eyebrows as it went on. I found some of the book a little too unbelievable, but found it entertaining none the less.
I did like the writing style, and would like
  • Monday's Lie
  • You Can Trust Me
  • Distress Signals
  • The Helper (Callum Doyle, #2)
  • Two Days Gone (Ryan DeMarco Mystery #1)
  • The Lie of You: I Will Have What Is Mine
  • Keep You Close
  • This Thing of Darkness (Fiona Griffiths, #4)
  • Die Falle
  • Little Secrets
  • Dead Woman Walking
  • The American Girl
  • Shallow End (Stonechild and Rouleau Mystery, #4)
  • Summit Lake
  • Forward Slash
  • The Lonely Witness
  • The Blackbird Season
  • A Good Killing (Anna Curtis, #4)
Peter Swanson is the author of four novels: The Girl With a Clock For a Heart, an LA Times Book Award finalist; The Kind Worth Killing, winner of the New England Society Book Award, and finalist for the CWA Ian Fleming Steel Dagger; Her Every Fear, an NPR book of the year; and his most recent, All the Beautiful Lies. His books have been translated into 30 languages, and his stories, poetry, and fe ...more
“It was a beautiful spring night, the air rain-washed and smelling of crushed blossoms, and Henry felt as if the muscles of his body were singing in unison.” 2 likes