Start by marking “Midnight Jewel (The Glittering Court, #2)” as Want to Read:
Midnight Jewel (The Glittering Court, #2)

Midnight Jewel

(The Glittering Court #2)

In MIDNIGHT JEWEL, Richelle Mead goes beyond the glitz and glamour of the Glittering Court, delving into the dark, political underbelly of Cape Triumph through the eyes of one girl who dares to fight for her freedom.

A refugee of war, Mira was cast out of her home country and thrust into another, where the conditions were inhospitable at best. In a life-altering twist of fa
Published June 27th 2017 by Razorbill

To ask other readers questions about Midnight Jewel, please sign up.
Nikki It takes place at the same time as The Glittering Court, so they will most certainly appear. They will probably not have HUGE roles, but they will be …moreIt takes place at the same time as The Glittering Court, so they will most certainly appear. They will probably not have HUGE roles, but they will be in the novel. (less)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Anika I just recently read the book, and I remember that she took the original and put the one she copied back in the trunk. :)

Start your review of Midnight Jewel (The Glittering Court, #2)
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

Last year THE GLITTERING COURT was one of my most anticipated new releases, and despite discovering that it 1. Had nothing to do with Fae, and 2. Was half-fantasy, it was one of my top ten books of 2016.

MIDNIGHT JEWEL was even better.

BUT.

The story doesn't pick up where it left off, with Adelaide and Cedric beginning their HEA in Adoria's version of Rhode Island, it returns to the beginning, and tells the same story from Mira's POV.

I wasn't bothered by this at all
Jun 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
From the author: For those who don't know the series set-up, each book is self-contained and covers the same story and timeline from a different character's point of view. I'd say about 15% of the scenes overlap in the two books, so I've got to make sure when that happens, every piece of dialogue matches. The rest of the material is all new, but it still has to keep pace with the first book and not contradict anything. #2's narrator (Mira) has a darker view of the story and also gives us a new p ...more
Alyssa

Book Two of The Glittering Court series
Publisher: Razorbill
Publication Date: June 27, 2017
Rating: 3 stars
Source: ARC sent by the publisher

Summary (from Goodreads):

A refugee of war, Mira was ca
Penny
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
I found it boring.

I admit I feel disappointed. I expect a lot from Richelle Mead, I expect her to make me feel and keep me on edge. Here however, I couldn't manage any emotional investment. There are way too many parallels to the first book, and since I read one book after the other I found reading the same story tedios. In my opinion, it is a shame that the two books are so similar. The plot does change but everything that happens behind it is the same because both stories are happening simulta
Erin
Sep 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: september-2017
Much better than The Glittering Court. Its very unusual for book 2 to be better than book 1 but that's the case this time. As I said in my review for The Glittering Court, I thought the main character from book 1 Adelaide was boring and the book lost its thread midway through. Midnight Jewel did not have those problems. The main character Mira is fun, tough, and has an actual personality. I'm so excited to read book 3 because I'm pretty sure that Tamsin's story will be my favorite.
Bri Martinez •Books and Bri•
Dec 01, 2016 marked it as never-will-i-ever
Shelves: not-happening
Really? The Glittering Court sequel? Ummm, NO.

description

I love Richelle Mead, but I will not be reading this. The first book was boring, terribly predictable, and the ending had one of the biggest cop-outs I've ever come across in a book. (view spoiler) Throw in the fact that the romance was lacking in chemistry when that i
Rian *fire and books*
Update!

It took three times and 49 days of listening off and on but I finished it! I’m leaving my old review but here’s this one in a few sentences.

Mira did have some wicked cool fight scenes but this was more about a political underground than anything. I’m glad she had such a great romance (and sex!). But this took me forever to listen to and I’m not going back for it again. This is, by far, Richelle Mead’s worst series and while I didn’t hate read it at all, I was bored.

Tamsin’s story I’m su
Caroline
Full Review On The Blog
www.carolineandrus.com/blog

Be still my heart. I think I love Mira more than Adelaide.

Richelle Mead, you are my patronous; my spirit animal. When I grow up I want to BE you.

*swoon*

Go read this series. Action. Adventure. Pirates. Hate to Love romance.
Teodora
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Bulgarian review: https://bookishipster.wordpress.com/2...

I'm really happy i got to read this book and return to the world of the Glittering Court! I found Mira's story even more interesting, intense and rich than Adalaide's, with much more twists, turns and difficult situations. 'Midnight Jewel' was such a fast and fun read, Richelle Mead didn't dissapoint me once again.
❄️✨ Kat ✨❄️
I LOVED THIS BOOK. I loved the pirates and her constant late night sneak-outs and the romance between (view spoiler). I loved how it connected so well with the first book, and the moments between the books that overlapped. I loved how Mira was such a determined female, and how she always fought for righteousness, no matter what. I can't wait to hear Tamsin's side of the story, and the buildup to the third book throughout this book is impressive and has me super exc ...more
Jackie
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Let me start off by saying that I enjoyed this book way more than the first book. For one thing, I felt like the writing was completely different, even though I know it wasn't that different. I also felt that the beginning was a lot more captivating in this book and I was intrigued by the church scene.
Mira was a likable character and I could definitely see where she was coming from in most of her actions and comments. Still, I felt that she was a bit annoying at times, es
Alaina
Midnight Jewel was an interesting book for The Glittering Court series. I was honestly really hesitant to jump into this one because I didn't really care for the first book, The Glittering Court. In the end, I liked it but it was also kind of boring. This could be due to the narrator or just things in the story kind of being underwhelming to listen to.

Midnight Jewel was about Mira, who started off kind of meh.. then became likable.. then became meh again. I liked how she was like the girl versio
✨ A ✨
Jun 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was better than The Glittering Court. Having to reread their first year in training all over again was a bit annoying. It was like deja vu.

Immediately as the book started we find out that the whole reason that Mira joins the Glittering Court is to go to Adoria where her brother, Lonzo, is a runaway fugetive. She needs to find a rich husband to pay his servant bond.

Joanna
Dec 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Update: July 30 2019

This is still the greatest book to date. This was an awesome re read and I still believe that if there could be a higher rating than 5 stars , I’d give it to this book. Slow 👏🏾

——————————————————————————-
If I could have given this more than 5 stars I would have. This was incredible. RTC
very nice reading, but even though I want to know what happened to Tasmin I can't possibly read the story a third time.
Kezzy Sparks
Mar 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
I loved this second installment in The Glittering Court series, although I have to confess that what drew me in at first was the gorgeous model on the cover, one of the best I've seen in years. This particular novel concerns the story of Mirabelle, a downtrodden Sirminican girl who, like Adelaide in the first book, is being carted off to a distant colony to be given up in marriage to an eligible suitor who will then pay a hefty sum for the privilege.
Mirabelle has her own ideas however, and even
Nancy The book junkie
Rating: 3.75/5

Review to come!
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Richelle Mead returns to the world of the Glittering Court with MIDNIGHT JEWEL. This time, readers are introduced to Mira. She is different from the heroine in the first book because she is a refugee of war and now that she has been cast out of her home country, she faces obstacles that many others take advantage of.

I’ve been a fan of Richelle Mead for years but this series is something entirely different for her. Although her writing is still exceptional, the world and the way this series is wr
The Candid Cover (Olivia & Lori)
I am so excited that we’re getting a sequel to The Glittering Court! I absolutely loved the first book and I am thrilled that this book focuses on a different character. The world of The Glittering Court is so mysterious and intriguing, and I can’t wait to get back into it. I hope that this sequel will be incredible as the first book!
Anne
Aug 26, 2017 marked it as decided-not-to-read  ·  review of another edition
Waaaaayyyyyy too much of the first book at the beginning of this story.

At the end of The Glittering Court, they have all been in the new world for a while.
I had expected this story to pick up at the end of -- or at least close to the end of -- the Glittering Court.

But by chapter 3 of this story, they were nowhere near the new world.
I didn't want to read the first story all over again, even if it was from Mira's point of view.
So this is a DNF for me.

Arlene
Unnecessarily long. I love Richelle Mead's writing, but unfortuneately this one dragged a bit. Parallel timeframe to the first installment.
Bianca Damaso
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
[MINOR SPOILERS FOR THE GLITTERING COURT AHEAD; read at your own discretion]:

Midnight Jewel is the second book in The Glittering Court series although it reads more like a companion. It follows the same time line as the first book just focusing on a different character. I was excited to dive into this one because it revolves around my favourite character from the first book. Mirabel Viana was always so mysterious and even reading about her through Adelaide's eyes, I knew that she was spying and
Crystal
Jul 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Dirty Dayna
Aug 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series-to-finish
5 My Saasa Stars

Going into this book I heard rumor it was the same story told by another of the Glittering Court girls and that scenes would overlap. I was terrified it would be the same story vomited back up. BUT IT WASN’T!!!! the scenes that do link up you see another side of a story you thought you already understood but in actuality you only saw a glimpse. The scenes that overlap still have scenes where you need the final puzzle piece to have it completely make sense.
This story is about Mi
Barbi Faye (The Book Fae)
Aug 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult-yore
I can't wait for this very squeeeable sequel: I loved the Glittering Court incredibly, so here's a few facts, it's out next April 2017...! In the sequel but yet a readable stand alone, "Richelle Mead goes beyond the glitz and glamour of the Glittering Court, delving into the dark, political underbelly of Cape Triumph through the eyes of one girl who dares to fight for her freedom.
Rose
Feb 08, 2017 marked it as not-my-cup-of-tea  ·  review of another edition
Just a note to say that I love the cover of this book, but after the horrible experience of reading the first in this series, I think I'll give it a pretty hard pass.
Justin Turczak
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Richelle mead has done it again. I loved this book sooo much. Has a mix of everything of the glammed life of the glittering court thankfully not as much and gossipy drama first book had. It's has a lot of action and felt more had a connection much more with her love life. Plus maybe hints of pirates of Caribbean a bit ;).
Praiz
I auto-buy everything Richelle Mead writes and this series has not disappointed.
Janvi
Jun 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this one more than the Glittering Court. After reading there were some gaps. But now, most of them are filled. The rest will fill after reading The Emerald sea, I guess.

I liked it! I like Mira and Grant! They are so passionate and all. But they won't put their 'differences' apart. They are cute and nice together. I wanted more things to happen between them. But, well, no luck. If things tend to happen as we wish, we would be the Kings and Queens of this world. *lol*

I'll write t
Amanda
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: scrabble-march
The Glittering Court  was a novel I really enjoyed. For Richelle Mead if felt a bit different than what she typically writes. This series has no fantasy aspect, but Richelle always brings forth compelling characters and interesting plots to go along with them. Now when I started Midnight Jewel I thought it was a continuation of Adelaide's story, which confused me because I remembered it concluding to read like a stand alone. When I discovered that it told Mira's story instead, I found myself int ...more

• The Betrothed (The Betrothed, #1)
  • The White Rose (The Lone City, #2)
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
  • Lady Smoke (Ash Princess Trilogy, #2)
  • The Black Key (The Lone City, #3)
  • Ember Queen (Ash Princess Trilogy, #3)
  • Ash Princess (Ash Princess Trilogy, #1)
  • The Siren
  • Defiance (Defiance, #1)
  • Deliverance (Defiance, #3)
  • Consume (The Clann, #3)
  • Covet (The Clann, #2)
  • Finale (Caraval, #3)
  • The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • The Crown's Fate (The Crown's Game, #2)
  • Evermore (Everless, #2)
  • Legendary (Caraval, #2)
  • The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air, #2)

A life-long reader, Richelle has always loved mythology and folklore. When she can actually tear herself away f

The Glittering Court (3 books)
  • The Glittering Court (The Glittering Court, #1)
  • The Emerald Sea (The Glittering Court #3)