Start by marking “Cardwell Christmas Crime Scene” as Want to Read:
Cardwell Christmas Crime Scene

Cardwell Christmas Crime Scene

(Cardwell Ranch #5)

A conman's daughter takes refuge with the family she never knew she had in New York Times bestseller B.J. Daniels's latest addition to the Cardwell family saga.

Dee Anna Justice had thought that her convict father was her only living relative. Now Walter Justice, fearing for his daughter's safety, urges her to seek out her cousins in Montana. Calling in a decades-old deb
Published November 22nd 2016 by Harlequin

Beth
Dee Anna has never had the opportunity to put down roots with a conman as her father. But when she receives a mysterious doll that went missing during her childhood, her father convinces her to call upon her Montana relatives that she never knew existed. Her father also calls in some favors to protect Dee Anna from her past.

This means private investigator Beau Tanner is coming to town and he’s got protection duty on his mind. The attraction is instant but the romance is slow building.

Cardwell
Paula Brandon
Jan 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Dee Anna "DJ" Justice finds a doll in her bed that is a match for one she used to have in childhood. Attached to it is a photo of a woman who looks like her, holding a baby. She thought her mother died during childbirth, but her father Walter is notoriously unreliable and currently in prison. However, he uses the opportunity to reveal that she has a bunch of cousins in Big Sky, Montana, and that she should go stay with them for her own safety.

Her father has also hired private investigator Beau T
Jackie
Book Info
Expected publication: November 22nd 2016 by Harlequin
ISBN 0373699441 (ISBN13: 9780373699445)
Other Editions (1)
Source:Netgalley EARC

Buy book from
Amazon
B&N

BOOK BLURB

Elizabeth Neal
Nov 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dee Anna Justice, aka DJ, lived a nomadic lifestyle as a child with her Dad, Walter, a conman, having never settled anywhere for long, sometimes leaving very quickly, and that has carried over into her adult life. But this one time, she was finally starting to settle in a little, feeling like maybe she was home and could stay. However, that changed when a present was left in her apartment, in her bed. Who could know about the significance of Trixie, the homemade rag doll she'd adored as a child? ...more
Jo  (Mixed Book Bag)
We are back on the Cardwell Ranch. This time for Christmas and of course another mystery with some new characters. Dee Anna Justice has just learned that she has more family than her father who is in prison. When she arrives at the Cardwell Ranch she finds that her father has called in a favor and asked Beau Tanner to keep her safe. It seems that other half of her family (who she also did not know about) may want her dead. Daniels has written another interesting story set on the Cardwell Ranch.
Susan
Good story that focuses on the importance of family. As the daughter of a conman, DJ grew up always on the move, believing that her father was the only family she had. She discovers otherwise when a doll and photograph are mysteriously left in her apartment. When she confronts her imprisoned father, DJ learns that she has cousins in Montana on her father's side and the possibility that her mother's relatives may have "found" her. Her dad insists that she visit her cousins where she will be safe. ...more
DelAnne Frazee
Rating: 4.75 Stars

Dee Anna Justice had thoug
Jessica Figueroa
Dec 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dee Anna grew up learning to live on the run with her con artist father up until he was convicted. When she recieved a old familiar yet different item she was only question her father of the origin, is what she recieved really a threat? When her father sends her away to some lost lost family members and will get a debt repaid by having someone watch Dee Anna watched over until she is safe again.

I did loved this book it was fast paced, there wasn't too much action going on but I think what was go
Denise Van plew
I am always happy to return to Cardwell so I can catch up, see what happens next and who is gonna burst on the scene for some more down right good suspense. DJ knows something is not right and when she questions her father she finds out some disturbing and exciting stuff. Beau is at the same time being called in on a favor to protect DJ so with this being the beginning of a thriller that will have you focused only on what is going on here. Family will be important and just how important will be ...more
Neena Christianson Martin
Nov 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, romance
Growing up thinking she had no family besides her con man father (now in prison), DJ Justice is shocked to find she has both maternal and paternal family members. Compound that with finding out that someone wants her dead. From prison her father, Walter, arranges an old debt to be paid by having a PI keep his daughter safe. The PI, Beau Tanner takes one look at DJ and knows his life will never be the same again. Keeping her safe is not easy, as she doesn't want his or anyone else's help. This is ...more
Linda
Spine-tingling and heartwarming contemporary romantic suspense set amidst SNOW!

He’d been trying to save this woman in his dreams for years. Now here she was, all grown up, and he still felt helpless.

Cardwell Christmas Crime Scene by B.J. Daniels is a spine-tingling and heartwarming contemporary romantic suspense. The setting is gorgeous with most of the action taking place around the Cardwell Ranch located in Gallatin Canyon in Montana at Christmastime. Even though it’s the fifth book in B.J.’s
Donna Repsher
This is a difficult review for me to write, because I generally love the novels of B.J. Daniels, but this one fell quite a bit short of excellent for this reader, and I am only able to give it 2.5 stars.

The novel centers around Dee Anna Justice (DJ), whose father, a con-man, is in prison, and who has dragged her all over the place as he moved from one con to another. He's told her that he's the only family she has and that her mother died in childbirth, until one day, as she enters her apartment
Deliasue
Mar 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good read.
Kelly
Dec 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice mystery/romance story. enough twists that I didn't realize what they were until they were revealed! I would definitely read this again and recommend it to others.

This review is based on a galley copy from netgalley, courtesy of the publisher. All opinions are my own.
Sally
Dec 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Dee Anna Justice (DJ) thought her only living relative was her father, Walter Justice, a convict. Walter thinks his daughter’s safety is in jeopardy so he encourages her to go to her cousins in Montana. Walter calls in an old debt and enlists the help of Beau Tanner, a private investigator to protect her.

Although there is an attraction between her and her body guard, DJ resents him, because her dad hired him. She also doesn’t find it easy to trust people but slowly begins to learn to trust the
JL Coy
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received this book in exchange for an honest review.

B.J. Daniels takes us back to the familiar Cardwell Ranch in this book. This time the real Dee Anna Justice comes to the ranch – in search of answers that her father will not give her. Walter Justice fears for his daughter’s safety and sends her to the ranch to meet the family she never knew she had. At the same time, he contacts Beau Tanner to collect on a very old debt.

Dee Anna loves her new found family, it’s what she’s longed for all her
Valri Western
Oct 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Dee Anna Justice has had only one constant in her life and that is - no constant! She's never been settled anywhere, her dad is a conman, she doesn't have any other family and she never collected anything. Usually, she had to pick up and leave somewhere in the middle of the night so often that forming attachments was useless so, other than a small rag doll, she didn't have anyone but her father. However, her father is now in prison and she was starting to feel.....safe! She has a job she likes a ...more
Anita

I really love B.J. Daniels and Crime Scene At Cardwell Ranch was my first book by her. I love her Cardwell Ranch stories but have quite a few to catch up on. This time out, the romance is subtle and the suspense is just not very suspenseful.

Dee Anna Justice, DJ to everyone, has lived her life looking over her shoulder as her father was dragging her away. He was a con-man and s
Patricia Atkinson
Dec 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
dee ann justice known as dj was raised by her scamming and conning father walter and were always on the run as she was growing up. fast forward to her older her father in prison and she comes home and her apartment is broken into in her bed she finds a doll like she lost as a child and a photo of a woman holding a baby and 2 other women . she goes to see her father in prison and he tells her she is in danger and must go to Montana to her cousins at cardwell ranch..dj has always wanted family now ...more
Judy C
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Well it's Christmas at Cardwell Ranch and we finally get to meet the real Dee Anna Justice. We find out that she had no knowledge her roommate stole her identity and caused havoc on the family, she never knew existed. Dee Anna has spent her lifetime running from unknown treats. Her father/criminal is the only family she know that is until someone reads in her home leaving her a clue that will rock her life. She is sent to Caldwell Ranch to meet a family she never knew she had and also meets a ma ...more
Belinda
Dec 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Dee Anna aka DJ had to move around all her life because her dad was a con man, who is now in jail. DJ comes home to find a doll she once had in her bed..but the doll is not her's but one just like it with a picture on it..She thinks she may be the child in the pic..she goes to her dad but he won't tell her the truth...She is invited to Cardwell Ranch to stay with long lost cousins she didn't know she had..they make her feel at home for once in her life..She also runs into Beau who she doesn't re ...more
Carole Sullivan
Nov 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I just finished reading this story!!!! it is awesome!! I had to keep telling myself to breathe when I would reach a spot that sent my brain into overload trying to figure out which way this story was going to turn!
A conman sends his daughter to Montana to a family she didnt know she had...when she departs her plane there is eye contact with a person who becomes one of the main characters of the story, who had been sent to protect her. DJ is a stubborn young woman, Beau is a man of his word and h
Sylvia
Oct 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When an imprisoned con man urges his daughter, DJ Justice, to take refuge with relatives in Montana, and secures protection for her in the form of PI, Beau Tanner, she is shocked to find that the ranch she flees to is owned by family. Family she didn't know she had.
Why has she been targeted by a hit man, and who ordered the hit is a total mystery to her. She is unsure about staying with strangers, even though they are cousins. Will Beau be able to ignore his growing feelings for her in order to
Eva
Nov 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dee Anna’s only family is her father. He tries to protect her from danger even though he is incarcerated. When she is encouraged to leave town and live with her Montana relatives, she fits right in with these newly found family members.

Beau Tanner is somehow connected to her father, but Dee Anna does not know this about her body guard.

"Cardwell Christmas Crime Scene" has a predictable and bit of an unexpected conclusion.

Thank you GoodReads for this book.
Kristin Herrmann
Dec 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Got this book at the grocery store and thought it would be an entertaining, relaxing read! Did not know if was part of the series, but I loved it so much, that I am now retracing the Cardwell Ranch and Cardwell Cousins series of books to catch up! This is of course the last one in the series!

It was a fast mystery with a little romance! Great for an evening in front of the fire with a hot drink beside you!
Karen Strang
Oct 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
BJ Daniels continues to amaze with intrigue and suspense in this book. I loved meeting the "real" Dee Anna Justice and seeing her learn she has family she didn't know about but yet, still feeling she is being watched and something isn't quite right. This book made me feel like I was part of the story and could just imagine beautiful snow-covered Montana. There are many wonderful twists and turns, and of course, Cowboys. If you love intrigue, suspense & cowboys, you will love this book!
Linda
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
B.J. Daniels Rocks! I love coming back to the Cardwell Ranch! There is a hit man after the real D.J Justice and Beau will do everything in his power to keep her safe. with all the heartpunding, keep you on the edge of your seat danger and suspense there is a beautiful love story that just melts your heart.
Meaghan
Dec 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: net-galley
I enjoyed the romantic aspect of the book, but the life-endangered, hit-man etc. portion of the plot never made any sense at all, even once the resolution occurred at the end.
Debbie
Sep 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great book. Lots of twists and surprises. Looking forward to many more from her. She is one of my favorite authors.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Cowboy, Cross My Heart
  • His Undercover Princess (Tempt Me, #1)
  • Black Diamond (Wilds of the Bayou, #2)
  • A Cowboy Christmas Miracle (Burnt Boot, #4)
  • Vidalia ('Not Quite' #1)
  • Night Hawk (Jackson Hole, #10)
  • Running from the Past
  • Darkest Heart (Dominion, #1)
  • The Life & Death of Jorja Graham (Jorja Graham #1)
  • Guns and the Girl Next Door
  • Justice Burning (Hellfire, Texas #2)
  • The Marshal's Hostage (The Marshals of Maverick County, #1)
  • KCPD Protector (The Precinct #23)
  • Girl in the Water (Civilian Personnel Recovery Unit, #3)
  • Secret Identity  (Cooper, #8; Cooper Security, #1)
  • Missing (Colby Agency, #43)
B.J. Daniels' life dream was to be a policewoman. After a career as an award-winning newspaper journalist, she wrote and sold 37 short stories before she finally wrote her first book. Since then she has won numerous awards including a career achievement award last year for romantic suspense.

She lives in Montana with her husband, Parker, two Springer Spaniels, Jem and Spot, and a temperamental tomc

Cardwell Ranch (5 books)
  • Crime Scene At Cardwell Ranch (Cardwell Ranch #1)
  • Justice at Cardwell Ranch (Cardwell Ranch #2)
  • Cardwell Ranch Trespasser (Cardwell Ranch #3)
  • Christmas at Cardwell Ranch (Cardwell Ranch, #4, Cardwell Cousins, #1)
“A tree.” She spotted one. It was hidden behind a much larger tree, its limbs misshapen in its attempt to fight for even a little sunlight in the shadow. “Dana has this tradition of giving a sad-looking tree the honor of being a Christmas tree.” She walked over to the small, nearly hidden tree. “I like this one. “It’s…”
He laughed. “Ugly?”
“No, it’s beautiful because it’s had a hard life. It’s struggled to survive against all odds and would keep doing that without much hope. But it has a chance to be something special.”
1 likes
“I want you to meet her. If for any reason you suspect anything strange about her ---“
Hilde laughed. “I’ll let you know if she tries to kill me.”
0 likes