Start by marking “I'll Be the One” as Want to Read:
I'll Be the One

I'll Be the One

For better or for worse, in sickness and in health, as long as we both shall graduate.

Rachel Wheaton
The senior Economics project is supposed to teach us about real life. Budgeting. Social classes. Careers. I was supposed to plan it all out with my school husband. I didn't plan on actually falling in love with him, too.
But sometimes real life doesn'
Published May 17th 2016

To ask other readers questions about I'll Be the One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I'll Be the One

Start your review of I'll Be the One
Colleen Hoover
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing

I liked this book more than watching boat crashes on youtube. Hazel knows what's up.
1-Click Addict Support Group
I don’t know how to write this review objectively. I mean—it’s about my opinion, right? So, let’s keep that in mind. Because if I pull my own feelings and opinions out of this review, I’m left with telling you that it’s a well written, sometimes charming, cute little story about the purity and intensity of first love. I was completely enchanted by that blurb and that gorgeous cover. I liked James and Rachel a lot and honestly, I adored Avery and Fletcher (and truly, I would read their story in a ...more
Krystal
May 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
James is just....everything. This book gives you all the feels. It's not just first love, but THE love. You know the one I'm talking about, the one that is forever and soul consuming. James is the first bbf I have claimed in a long time, with this kind of fierceness. You would never think that this is a book by a debut author. Hazel writes like she has been doing this for years, and I can't wait to see what she does next!!!
Kelly Spaulding
May 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I just finished this book. I really enjoyed the authors writing style. She made the characters very real and like able. It was a good story and an easy read. I look forward to reading more of her work in the future.
Megan  ~The Never Ending Book Basket
I'll Be the One was an all-around solid debut book by Hazel James telling a story of young love, and a first love that changes everything. From the moment I saw this book's fantastic cover, and after reading its blurb, I knew I wanted to read it. There was just something about the premise of this book that hooked me in, and I was happy to find that from that first chapter I was hooked in even more to what I was reading. Through every page of this book I became more and more pulled into what Jame ...more
ℏṳ❡ṧᾰɴᖱḉ✺✺к!ḙṧ
Break out the tissues.

5stars ⭐

If I could rate this book over and over a million times I would. It’s been a while since a book like this has torn at my heartstrings. This author is so new to me and this story will be one I’ll remember for awhile.

I’ve read sooo many young love stories and most of them have been the same but this one is not what I would have expected.

James and Rachel are high school teens bordering on their last year as seniors. They were both partnered together for an assignmen
Lisa
Apr 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
"He smiles again, but this one is different. This one has hope behind it. I know, because I'm wearing the same one."

Books like this are why I love Young Adult/New Adult stories. I love stories of first loves. All the little details that you take for granted as you get older. All the glances across the room, the brushing of fingers against each other, the butterflies in the pit of your stomach when that certain person admits they have feelings for you.

"The heart knows what it wants. It'/>"The
David Maher
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Perpetual new kid James Tennyson has a gift (if you can really call it that).

He's got a knack for predicting the future. Nothing extravagant like picking next week's lotto numbers, but simple little things. Like whether the next person to walk through a door will be male or female. Whether she'll be short or tall. Whether she'll be blonde or brunette. Those sorts of things he gets right much more often than not.

What he never saw coming though, was Rachel Wheaton, and how
Amy
Jun 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"The biggest heartbreak in your life shouldn't be the one who got away. It should be the thought of him getting away."

This book completely blew me out of the water! I absolutely loved this book from page 1! The concept was amazing! It evoked so many emotions! I was laughing one minute, and tearing up the next.

I related to this book on a primal level. Gran reminded me of my own gramma so much. It was so nice seeing the relationship between Gran and James!

Kudos to Ha
Kelley
Jun 13, 2016 rated it liked it
It grabbed my attention from the very first page, it sucked me in and then it ended... I just kind of felt like the ending was kind of rushed. I felt like it just ended very abruptly and the ending did not set well with me. That being said, this was a very well written book and I would definitely read more by Hazel. Just not my favorite ending! But the book has stayed with me because I can't quit thinking about it and how it ended!
Giseli
Jul 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, bingo
I love trying new authors! This is my first book of Hazel James. It started so well! I love the feels the book brings it. James is a perfect book boyfriend, and he is the reason that I liked the book. Rachel, I am not sure, there was something that bothers me. Sometimes she could be petty, slut shaming. I was not a big fan of her. I don't know how to review more without spoiling. I will look for more books from Hazel James.
Michelle Coltrane
Apr 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put it down and couldn't be more proud! I can't wait for your next.
Brenda Thompson
May 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OMG! Loved this book!
Jenna Annett
May 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Why did it have to end that way?! Whyyyyy!
Dominus~
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Reading for Summer Bingo Reading Challenge

Soon as I read the first word in this book I already know this will be amazing. The challenge has officially given me one of my favorite books, congratulation!

James has never stayed one place longer than 6 months all his life. His mother is a hippie free spirit who likes moving around and not settling somewhere bringing her son with him. But suddenly, she decided to start planting her roots.

James, new student, partners up with her
Manamee h
Dnf
42%
Too much lengthy :|
Aisyah Roslan
May 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
When I first saw this book, I think what interests me the most was the blurb. I thought it was an interesting premise to have the main characters get together in a pretend marriage for the sake of an Economics assignment. That's what happened when James Tennyson who had just moved to the town was paired up together with Rachel Wheaton. It was love at first sight, sparks flying everywhere and of course, insta-love (consider yourself warned!)
In terms of plot, this story was basically about h
Pamela
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Amazing!!!

OMG this was so good!! I promise you will love it so just buy it and read it now! Hurry!!
Jen Zingaro
May 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
If it's possible to love a book and hate a book, this was it for me. This story is so sweet! James moves to a new town (he does this routinely). On his first day of school, he is paired up with Rachel to be a "married" couple for Economics class and they have to figure out budgets, etc. They are smitten with each other when they meet. There are some angsty moments. Rachel's dad won't let her have a boyfriend because she needs to focus on track and he is able to sense/see things that are going to ...more
Small Adventures, Full Hearts
This was such a well written and intriguing book. From the very first page to the last I felt every intensity this book offered. This story is about a young girl and boy, Rachel and James who meet in Economics class and are assigned to a fake marriage. I just think these two are so cute. Their young love is beautiful. I loved what these two brought out of one another and I loved there sweet young journey.

This book is exactly what I love in a YA/NA book, but yet the subject and the pl
Brenna
Jul 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Baffled. I am completely baffled by the fact that this is Hazel James's debut novel! She has such a strong voice and incredible talent that shone through from the first page to the last page of this book. I was hooked early on by her incredible knack for character development, interesting plot line, and witty dialogue. She wove in elements that were fun to identify, such as specific clothing brands, bands, and book references into the story. Every time I came across one, I smiled and gave Hazel ...more
Anna
Jun 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Rachel and James meet when they pair up for a project in Economics class. They are attracted to one another quickly, and find their way through first love while dealing with the obstacles of young adulthood and more.

Rachel and James are likable individually, and charming together. They are fun, funny, and caring. Their friends are equally endearing and I was cheering on the lot of them throughout the story. There is a slight element of the paranormal as James has some pre-cognition stuff going
Beth Ann
May 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Speechless

What a debut, Hazel James! I'll Be The One delivered a sweet, soulful, and nostalgic kind of love story... with an inventive and really cool twist. I loved everything about this book, but I think my favorite take-away piece of wisdom would be, to not define what love looks like or how it came to be. Love can truly happen at any age and can happen instantly. Who are we to judge? James' & Rachel's love was pure and beautiful, and what they learned from each other was inspirational.
Lindsey
Apr 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a debut?!?!

This was a debut?!?! Say what!?!?! Bravo Hazel James Bravo!!! I wish I had a James when I was in High School, I'm pretty sure every girl would agree with me. I loved the EPIC love story between James & Rachel, and even though "I'll be the one" made me cry, I ended up smiling
Sam
Apr 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This story grabs you by the heart and pulls you along for the amazing ride between James & Rachel. James is the teenage boy every teenage girl dreams of having. Rachel is the teenage girl who we all wish we were. James & Rachel together are the couple dreams are made of. You fall in love with not only James & Rachel, but every character introduced. It leaves you with a fulfilled sigh.
Ashley Gill
Jul 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Wonderful and great read!

James and Rachel are wonderful together. Their relationship is what people hope to find and many don't. I felt like their story was a little rushed but in so glad I took a chance and read their story. Also, Gran is fabulous!
Michelle
Apr 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh the feels!!!! This story is so amazing follow along with Rachel and James and fall in love with them and their relationship! I will totally have a book hangover now!
Katie
May 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
Omg this book!!! I personally love books with a playlist and this one didn't disappoint. I fell in love with this story and recommend it to everyone!! ❤❤❤ ...more
Kim
Apr 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love this book cover...and the moment when the cover and book connect is "everything"! It's such a beautiful story! I can't wait to read more from Hazel James!!!
Ali
Apr 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Be prepared to have your heart stolen! James easily falls into my list of "Book Boyfriends."
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• A Better Place
  • Long Live the Beautiful Hearts (Beautiful Hearts, #2)
  • Before You
  • No Vacancy
  • From the Ground Up
  • Waiting for Wyatt
  • That Guy
  • Always You (Second Chances #1)
  • Bring Down the Stars (Beautiful Hearts, #1)
  • Entitled (The Love Duet #1)
  • An Imperfect Heart
  • Jack & Sadie
  • A Place Without You
  • The Secret to Dating Your Best Friend's Sister
  • A Five-Minute Life
  • Seventeen Wishes
  • See No Evil (Brotherhood, #1)
  • The Consequence of Falling
I'm a proud Army veteran, and my greatest loves include my family, lip gloss, Diet Coke, and the beach. Hang out with me at facebook.com/realhazeljames.
“Distance does to love what wind does to fire. It extinguishes the weak and feeds the strong. It’s up to you to figure out what” 1 likes