Start by marking “The Union (Madion War Trilogy, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Union (Madion War Trilogy, #3)

The Union

(Madion War Trilogy #3)

This is the old cover version.

Fifty years of war have led up to this.

Prince Galian spends his days ministering to the sick in Kylae, but his nights strategizing how to change hearts and minds of his people. With the death camp closed, the country is becoming more volatile, and even King Grieg may not be able to maintain control over the warring factions.

Across the Great M
Hardcover, Sunset Edition
Published February 14th 2017 by Sun's Golden Ray Publishing (first published 2017)

To ask other readers questions about The Union, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Union

Start your review of The Union (Madion War Trilogy, #3)
Melissa (thereaderandthechef)
*This review can also be found at The Reader and the Chef & is based on an early draft courtesy of the author for review/beta reading purposes.*

First of all, HAPPY RELEASE DAY TO THE UNION! I read this wonderful book a few months ago and even after all this time, I cannot stop thinking how amazing and heart-stopping this book is. I smiled, I laughed, I cried, and basically felt all the feels in this epic conclusion to the Madion War Trilogy. My heart still hurts that this trilogy is over, but I
Anna (Enchanted by YA)
***I received the ARC ebook as a review copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review***

Utterly captivating, this final instalment of a deeply loved series did not disappoint. The ending rounded everything together in the best way (though it had me worried/heart-broken/dying for a moment there) and I was sad but content in saying goodbye to the wonderful characters.

Theo and Galian have grown so much together, their personalities complimenting each other beautifully. Theo’s fierce dete
Stephanie (Reading is Better With Cupcakes)
The Madion War Trilogy has come to an end. The third book, The Union, is out in the world...and I have read it.

It is a little hard to discuss a third book in a series without giving any sort of spoiler for the books that proceed it, so consider yourselves warned.

In The Union, we are still dealing with the world as we knew it from the last two books. Two major countries are at war and our love birds are from opposing sides. In this book they are currently working together to try to bring down the
Emily
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
HOLY CRAP! What an amazing end to a triology.

If you haven't read the Madion Island triology I highly recommend you start. The writing sucks you in and you fall for the characters in ways I can't even describe. I promise this review will be quick and spoiler free.

I found this world was super unique, and I found a lot of the issues that the characters were going through to be kind of true to today. Theo deals with a lot of racism because of where she is from and because her skin is dark. It's some
Chelsea
** I received an advanced copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. This impacts my review in no way at all. **

What I Loved

I think that this was a wonderful ending to a series I quickly fell in love with. It's been so consistent which is fantastic because it has never been disappointing to me. The plot continues to be mostly fast paced and the characters grow steadily throughout the whole series. It was those characters that really made me stick with this series until the end.

It's hard
Kaitlin (Next Page Please!)
One of my favorite books that I read last year was The Island and this series has quickly become one of my favorite ones. Every time I read a book from this trilogy, my life gets ruined all over again (In a good way). S is so good with writing such addicting books and every time I start one of her books, I always have such a tough time putting them down. Upon finishing this trilogy, I have got to say it’s probably one of my favorites and I certainly plan on rereading in one binge someday.

The thi
Heather Daub
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned-and-read
Yessssssss. Such a good book, and a perfect ending.
Miranda Boyden
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this trilogy! This was a perfect ending. Now I'm waiting for the movie. Make. It. Happen.
Alice (Alice's Book Vault)
Rating: 3.5 stars.

I was super excited to pick up this novel as I had just recently finished the first and second novels in the series. I couldn’t wait to see how the series wrapped up in the series finale.

I greatly enjoyed this novel, though I will admit I started getting concerned when I was getting very near the end without any resolution to any of the conflicts. I worried the ending would be rushed and unfortunately that is how I ended the novel feeling. Now don’t get me wrong, the book was
Taylor Winsor
Dec 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just like the previous books in this series, The Union does not fail to disappoint. It is packed full of schemes, feels, espionage and, of course, romantic moments between Theo and her Princeling.

The character development is great, the plot amazing, and that ending, wow. It is the perfect finale to an awesome series, and I wouldn’t want it any other way.
Aila

I adored the ending to such a captivating series!

Review to come, but if you love a smoking hot romance and an abundance of character development, definitely check this series out!
S. Usher Evans
Apr 17, 2016 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Cover reveal coming at the next #QwSush on 7/11!
Christina
Review Originally Posted on Books & Prejudice

This book. What has she done to me with this book?

Warning: There will be spoilers for both the first two books in this review. If you haven't read them, proceed with caution.

We start off six months after the end of The Chasm, with Theo going back and forth to Rave, trying to meet with Anson, the rebel leader. Galian is couriering messages through is job at the hospital to his mother and brother, and everything seems like it's going to be okay. The
Sandy Blackwell
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
WOW! As in the first two books in this series, I was completely engrossed from start to finish. It is full of twists and fast paced. You learn even more about the complexity of the characters and love them more. What can I say about the ending except....amazing. Each book in this series is intriguing and defiantly in my list of favs.
Elizabeth
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: indie
Loved it at least as much as the first two books. Galian and Theo's romance is never dull, much less the world of intrigue and espionage in the world of the Madion Sea. Great character development, great balance of slow romantic scenes and fast-paced action. And that ending, gah! I couldn't put the book down.
Diana Pinguicha
Oct 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow.

This was everything I'd wanted for a final installment, and more. Stakes higher than ever, gut-wrenching moments, political intrigue and scheming... EVERYTHING. The pacing was perfect, fast but with the right amount of pauses to breathe.

And the ending. I was fighting back tears until the very last couple pages. It was gorgeous.
Kelly Fields
Nov 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
No spoilers here just an assessment. I was not disappointed with the ending, it wasn't exactly what I thought and that was a very good thing. Her story telling kept me on my toes. it was new and refreshing.
Breanna
Nov 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
I'm dead. That was beautiful and now I'm just dead. Review to come
Arika
Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great end to a good series. There is really nothing more that I can say because I don't want to ruin it for anyone but if you haven't started reading this series, I highly suggest picking it up now. The characters get better as the series goes on. The plot is interesting and there are definitely people that are the true villains in the series. I almost wanted to throw the book out the window towards the end but it ended up being a great ending to the series. So go get this series and put it at ...more
BobA707
Summary: A bit far fetched in places, but engaging enough. The romance side is laid on thick. Not really my cup of tea, not really SF.

Plotline: Very simple but well thought out with suitably naive participants that make it all work

Premise: Again simple but effective corporate greed over humanity type

Writing: Simple, highly readable

Ending: A nice conclusion

Pace: Never a dull moment!
Bookish Addict
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The ending is not surprising, but the events leading up to it kept me on the edge of my seat. They continue to work towards Rave's independence, but the king seems to always be one step ahead. In a political battle as well as war between counties, rebel groups arise and they don't know who to trust. Great ending to a fantastic trilogy.
Alyssa
Jan 03, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This is a pretty explosive end to the Madion War Trilogy. While I had some issues with the series (mostly inconsistencies in the writing, world building, and pacing), overall I'm glad I finished out the story. I felt the scare at the end was a little cheap but I am satisfied with the ending. This was a great series to read while trapped inside during a blizzard!
Em
Apr 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Union by S. Usher Evans was definitely one of my Top Ten Reads of 2016, and I’m so excited that it has now officially been released for everyone to read! As the finale of the Madion War trilogy, it is by far my favourite of three books. With its complex characters, plot, and very detailed world-building, The Union is for sure worthy of the 5 stars I give it.

One of my things about The Union is the writing of the main characters Theo, and Galian. Theo has become one of my favourite female char
Annalisse
Jan 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4/5 Stars

Is it really over? Say it ain't so...Series endings tend to take a piece of me with them and that was certainly the case with S. Usher Evans' The Union. As I became attached to this world and the characters that populate it, I knew this last installment would wreck me. Probably why I put off reading this one for so long. I mean, I've had the book since October for goodness sake.

Starting six months after the end of The Chasm, Prince Galian and Theo Kallistrate are still trying to mount
Allen Shepherd
Dec 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Theresa
Dec 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016
What an end to this great trilogy!
The relationship between Theo and Galian is still very realistic, a lot of ups and downs (who doesn't have that) we watch them not only dealing with their feelings for each other but doing so while trying to do what they can to stop a war. They definitely fit the 'opposites attract' and yet they complement each other so well! As much as I liked Galian, I want to be like Theo – she is so a strong and independent! Plus there were several swoony moments (and I’m n
Lou-Lou Belle
Dec 01, 2016 rated it liked it
ARC kindly provided by Publisher for an honest review.
A fitting end to a highly enjoyable, entertaining and exciting series. Recommended for all fans of dystopia.
Em
Aug 12, 2016
Jo
Feb 15, 2017
Cassie Hurley
Aug 31, 2019

• Voice of Life (The Spoken Mage, #4)
  • Sky in the Deep (Sky in the Deep, #1)
  • Concrete Chaos Book 3
  • Indefinite Fear
  • Greek Mythology: A Guide to Ancient Greece and Greek Mythology including Titans, Hercules, Greek Gods, Zeus, and More!
  • Dance with a Vampire (Vampire Kisses, #4)
  • Kissing Coffins (Vampire Kisses, #2)
  • Vampire Kisses (Vampire Kisses, #1)
  • Vampireville (Vampire Kisses, #3)
  • Romanov
  • Swords of Rome (Omnibus of the Historical Series, Books 1-3)
  • Pharsalus (Sword of Rome, #5)
  • Standard Bearer (Sword of Rome, #1)
  • Gladiator (Sword of Rome, #3)
  • Alesia (Sword of Rome, #2)
  • Rubicon (Sword of Rome, #4)
  • The Iron Daughter (The Iron Fey, #2)
  • Devil's Kiss Series Collection (The Devil's Kiss #1-4)
S. Usher Evans is an author, blogger, and witty banter aficionado. Born in Pensacola, Florida, she left the sleepy town behind for the fast-paced world of Washington, D.C.. There, she somehow landed jobs with BBC, Discovery Channel, and National Geographic Television before finally settling into a "real job" as an IT consultant. After a quarter life crisis at age 27, she decided consulting was for ...more

Madion War Trilogy (3 books)
  • The Island (Madion War Trilogy #1)
  • The Chasm (Madion War Trilogy, #2)