Start by marking “Steady as the Snow Falls” as Want to Read:
Steady as the Snow Falls

Steady as the Snow Falls

Hired by a stranger to write his life story, Beth Lambert arrives at a seemingly abandoned house in the hills near her hometown. She knows the rumors, she knows it is dangerous and unwise. But she needs the money. And she needs to prove that it isn’t a mistake to think she can make a career out of a dream.

Inside the house of emptiness and coldness, she finds a man with cu
Published April 14th 2016 by Chameleon Writer

To ask other readers questions about Steady as the Snow Falls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Steady as the Snow Falls

Wil Loves Books!
Apr 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, favorites, on-kindle
I finished reading this book a few days ago and since then I’ve been struggling to find words that could make this book justice. This book is simply beautiful, gorgeous even. Now this is my first Lindy Zart book, my blog partner Shannon is a huge fan so I decided to give it a try. I have to admit that I was a little hesitant because I’m normally too sarcastic and Miss Zart has a reputation for writing tear jerkers so I normally try to stay away, but this was so worth it. It definitely won’t be m ...more
Amanda
3 'I wish this is a happier read' stars

When I read the blurb, I thought this is another one of those Beauty & the Beast retelling. I'm such a sucker for that. But the hero, Harrison, is dealing with a whole different problem altogether and is not about his appearance.

Beth Lambert, live in the small town all her life and work as a barmaid. Recently broke up with her childhood sweetheart, she decided to pursue her long neglected writing career and took up the job as a biographer for their town
Hms
Apr 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"I met Harrison Caldwell on the first snowfall of the season and like the fall of the snow, steady and sure, I fell in love with him."
Now I remember why Lindy Zart books sit on my TBR shelf for so long, her stories and characters are gorgeous and tragic and gut wrenchingly beautiful. Her stories compel the reader to think about what they would do if they were in the H/h's place. Would you make the same decisions, would you be brave? Reckless? Light to someones dark? Would you be sympathetic, e
bookmarkbelles
I can not rate this book. In all honesty I didnt even finish it. I was so excited to receive this Arc cause I thought it would be a spin on Beauty And The Beast and im a sucker for those. While reading I did get a sense of it but the author made the typical Beauty And The Beast story and made it her own. The story was well written but like I said I could not finish it. It took me over a week to get 39% in. I had two issues with the story. 1. It was written in third person which Im not a fan of a ...more
Alicia Huxtable
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I finished this book a few hours ago and am yet to get my thoughts in order over it. This bookhad alotof emotion amd feeling jammed into it.......and that ending. I devoured this book in an entire day and would gladly do it again. Lindy Zart has a way with words.
Darcy
Jun 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018, e-book, romance
For me this was an unusual book, the story very quiet with a melancholy tone for the first three quarters of it. I really liked how Beth was able to see past the obvious with Harrison. I was glad that Harrison let Beth pull him out of his hibernation, even though it was self imposed, he didn't deserve it. Like everyone else Harrison deserved to live and be happy. The ending was a bit bittersweet, but perfect for these two.
Joood Hooligan
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Lindy Zart is one of those authors that I see she's publishing a book, and I pre-order it without even having to know what the book is going to be about... because I already know I'm going to like it.

Now, when it comes to her books the options are I'm going to be crying with laughter or feels... it's just how she writes. This one was feels, by the way.

There is something about slow moving romances that really get to me. I adore the build up as the tension g
Pavitra (For The Love of Fictional Worlds)
I received an eARC of the book via the author in exchange for an honest review.

Actual Rating 4.5 stars

This book fell in my lap when I was in the mood for a light (okay, a heavy!) emotional need and by the blurb of this books, this definitely fell in that category. So I settled down to read at 10 PM, figuring I could read a few pages and then continue the next morning!
(Like THAT plan has ever worked out!) and then I went headlong into this pretty amazing romance!
He was lovely, like the sharpes
Bianca
Apr 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

How do I even begin to discuss this book?! The love is so deep. So profound. This story gave me life. It moved me. And seriously one of the most beautiful, loving, and thought provoking stories I’ve ever read.

“The truth was more likely to be whispered than shouted.”

Harrison Caldwell hires Beth Lambert to write his life story. Beth is a stranger and has no idea why she has been sought out to write this story, but she is excited to follow through
Mybooklatte
Apr 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourite-author
5 HEART WARMING STARS!!!!

Steady As The Snow Falls by Lindy Zart is a beautiful story. It is emotionally gripping and will tug at your heart strings. I was in awe the whole time I read it and just couldn't put it down. This book gave me goosebumps and tears at the same time. It is so tender and heartfelt, it will warm your insides. I adore this author so much for writing this brilliant story, that had me thinking a lot about the book even after I finished it. Giving it 5 stars is just not eno
David Maher
Apr 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Steady as the Snow Falls by Lindy Zart is a beautiful, moving yet deeply challenging read.

It tells the story of Beth Lambert an aspiring author who, somewhat out of the blue, is offered an extremely enticing deal to write someone's story.

Putting her misgivings about the anonymity behind the offer, she sets out to meet this mysterious benefactor, who for whatever reason has contacted a virtual unknown and presented her with her life's dream all neat and tidy on a platter like Christmas dinner.

On
Theresa Smith
Jun 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Steady as the Snow Falls was a heartfelt and relevant story, exploring a topic that is not often put into the spotlight in any novel, much less a romance. Told from the perspective of Beth, a young woman trying hard to move on with her life and take back control of it, this story unfolds gently, and for this it was a winner for me. I have read some criticisms of this book that stated it took too long for the romance to develop. I disagree. The timing was perfect. If you actually consider that th ...more
Amy Kidneigh
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story is as beautiful as it is heartbreaking. The ending was perfect, enough for you to piece together but not leave you crying your eyes out. A story I will read over and over.
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ the Romance Bibiliophile ♡

Reading “Steady as the Snow Falls” by Lindy Zart actually showed me again that we readers are just like “the moth and the flame” – Or as I like to call myself – I am a glutton for punishment.

I read “Unlit Star” so I knew that this author has the ability to write beautiful deep stories that can really emotionally drain you. So yes I knew what I was getting myself into and still I could not stop myself.

But I have to say that I had to stop at times during reading – and I actually started a second b
Becky Rendon
Apr 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Hold on a minute while I finish wiping the tears from my eyes... Ok, at least they aren't blocking my view of the screen while I type this.

I love this story. I love the hesitant fight to keep from feeling the pull. The resistance to need someone else pulls you into the story. Most of all, and probably the part that hits home most, two lost souls who feel they will never get to live their dreams. Their dreams had been taken and squashed by others but together they feel free. Its not hard to see h
Riley K.
Honestly this story of Beth and Harrison is a must read. It’s about being accepted and loved how you are. Both Beth and Harrison are beautifully flawed and have major obstacles to overcome. I fell in love with the characters. This normally happens when I read a book by Lindy Zart. She knows how to write characters that make you feel as if you are a part of their world.
To be brutally honest, this is by far one of my favorite stories by Lindy Zart. She tackles a sensitive issue and brings awarene
Pam
Apr 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this story! This is my first book by this Author and it definitely won't be my last! I fell in love with these characters and Harrison pretty much stole my heart towards the end of the book. I loved Beth's family and friends and absolutely loved hating her ex! Highly recommend this one!
Nikki
Apr 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Beautifully written but it was slow. A little too slow for my liking. A really tough subject, not often written about. I liked Harrison, I could understand why he reacted as he did but even so it was just too plodding for me. I skimmed through it.
Jenny Kummerfeld
May 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow...I have not been this captured by a book in a really long time. I started it this morning and now it's nighttime and I finished it. Literally couldn't put it down. Great characters, great writing...definitely one of my favorites.
Megan
Feb 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Raw. Beautiful. Powerful.
Wendy Leonard-Richardson
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: signed
Steady as the Snow Falls is a brilliantly sad yet happy read. It is so full of feeling that it is a contradiction. This novel is a beautifully tragic romance that leaves you thinking for days....I actually finished this two days ago but am still digesting and trying to come up with a review.

The story focuses on two damaged and lost characters trying to make their way in devastating circumstances. They are not a likely pair and the odds are stacked against them from the outset. The reader is ins
Suzy Baba
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I couldn’t put this book down for so many reason. The story is one a person can visualize and relate too on so many different levels. Harrison’s own worldly seclusion because of his illness kept those people closest to him at arms length, until he hired a small town writer to right his story. Beth was determined to break down Harrison’s walls right from the beginning and show him that living a normal life wasn’t far fetched. As this story progresses a love story develops, as hard as Harrison tri ...more
Keith J Maxwell
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book reviews are not normally "my thing". Yet, some books and some authors are so good and create such a rewarding "life experience" that a review is a necessary component of completing the experience. In Steady as the Snow Falls, Ms. Zart creates in the reader, a tapestry of emotional states woven from her precise selection of words, phrases and sentences. She "communicates". Reading is one of my favorite things ranging from terrible writers to the sublime. THIS book is my new "bookend" for the ...more
Nana Ali
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I just finished reading this book, it's my first Lindy Zart book and won't be my last for sure. What can I say? I am rendered speechless and I am not sure I can find the words that could make this book justice. I am totally blown away. The story was amazing, captivating, heart-wrenching. I couldn't fight my tears back at the end.
Misefein
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
as dead near you the happiness become so convulsive make you want to go back to the earliest of day, but then there's lie the sorrow of it, not knowing what it is but grieve for them who left behind and for you who cant do nothing but regret.
Sara
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Beth and Harrison's story was quite beautiful. A little fast in falling in the beginning, but I ended up really enjoying it. Sad, because Harrison is living with a disease. It's a little bit Beauty and the Beast, too. I really enjoy Lindy Zart's imagination.
JC (Jen)
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a really great book!
Jamie Espitia
Apr 06, 2018 rated it liked it
The story was beautiful but It felt rushed and ended so abruptly. It left me wanting so much more from it and with the feeling of not getting closure. Beautiful story though.
Desiree
Apr 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: desiree
This review and more at The Book Bar.co

Rating: Top Shelf

Lindy Zart is a master of story telling and she can place you in the setting, side by side with the characters, as a silent observer. You’re not being told a story, you’re living it. Steady as the Snow Falls comes to life inside your imagination, but the happily ever after will rest in the heart of the reader. It’s poetic and romantic, frustrating and sad. Lindy Zart’s Steady As The Snow Falls is a powerful and emotional quest for warmth in
Louise Roach
Mar 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was fantastic! There was so much about it that I absolutely loved. It is a book written about a subject I have not read about before, which made it very unique and refreshing.

I have been looking forward to reading this book for some time, so the build up I had been giving it myself made me hope for good things. Right from reading the synopsis and seeing the cover when it was revealed I knew I wanted to read it. That cover is beautiful!

Beth Lambert is hired by a stranger to write his l
  • In the Wind
  • Sometimes Moments (Sometimes Moments, #1)
  • Lessons of the Past
  • Nolan: Return to Signal Bend
  • Wings Over Poppies (Over, #2)
  • The Presence of Grace (Love and Loss, #2)
  • The Beast Within (Conversion, #5)
  • Sanctuary (Family Justice #3)
  • The Billionaire Beast (Billionaire Fairy Tales, #2)
  • Cole (The Leaves, #2)
  • My Biggest Mistake
  • Epic (Fierce, #3)
  • The Truth About Air & Water (Truth in Lies, #2)
  • Then He Came Back (Love From Austin Book 2)
  • Aromatherapy for the Healthy Child: More Than 300 Natural, Nontoxic, and Fragrant Essential Oil Blends
  • Loverboy (Dartmoor, #5)
  • Welcome Home, Cowboy
Lindy Zart is a USA TODAY bestselling author that has been writing since she was a child. Luckily for readers, her writing has improved since then. She lives in Wisconsin with her family. Lindy loves hearing from people who enjoy her work. She also has a completely natural obsession with wine, coffee, peanut butter, bloody marys, and pizza.
“Harrison turned her into music. And she wanted to dance within the song of his life. Feel him, kiss him, love him, burn with him, live in him. Be with him. “Stop,” 0 likes
“I’ll never stop writing your story, Harrison. I’ll write and write; until my fingers cramp up, and my heart overflows, and my mind goes numb, and I’ll still write. I’ll write you into every day of my life.” It was a promise. An oath, and a confession. He” 0 likes