Start by marking “Hidden Heart (Windy City #1)” as Want to Read:
Hidden Heart (Windy City #1)

Hidden Heart

(Windy City #1)

WINDY CITY SERIES, BOOK 1 (Full Length)

Her predictable life is thrown into a whirlwind of new experiences whe
Published April 14th 2016 by Orzel Publishing (first published September 26th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Hidden Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hidden Heart

Start your review of Hidden Heart (Windy City #1)
Rhonda
Sep 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved Royce from the start except for one fact. He hide a secret from Jessica that would come back to hurt his relationship he was building with Jessica. As for Jessica, I know she had been hurt numerous times in the past but her struggle to accept love from anyone was a bummer. She held herself from everyone, including her friends to a certain extent. When Royce starts worming his way into her life, she pushes back but eventually accepts a relationship , with conditions, with him. It was one ...more
Coco.V
Oct 15, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (10/15/2019)! 🎁
Madeleine
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jessica doesn't believe in love. Can Royce change her mind? A short, quick read sexy read. I really enjoyed it.
S.M. Harshell
** I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads. **

** 3.5 Stars **

Hidden Heart had me from the first chapter. In my mind this was headed to a 4 star read but I will explain why I gave it 3.5 stars.

Jessica didn't believe in love or relationships. She had closed herself off in that respect. She had a past filled with pain, it's understandable. From the first time she laid eyes on Royce there was something about him, that was pulling her to him. He is a dominant. Was she
Tara Marie
Sep 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So pleasantly surprised by this story, especially how much I want a Royce of my own.

Jessica is just like most girls who have had their hearts stomped on and thrown back at them, guarded, afraid of love and ok being on her own. She's got an awesome group of friends that are her support system, they are all she needs right now. That is until her friend Alex brings a new guy to their weekly gathering, Royce. He works with Alex and Jessica's friend Kelly lays it on thick trying to get Royce's atten
Rachael Orman
Sep 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Stars

I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

I was drawn in by the cover and synopsis of this book. The writing was pretty good over all. I liked our heroine, Jessica. She isn't sure what to expect with Royce, a Dom, but she is willing to try, for a short period of time because he's sexy and he isn't going to let her get away with the usual things men let her get away with. He is different all around from other men she has dated.

Royce was harder for me to co
Angie
Sep 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads Review Team~

Jessica has walls up and won’t let anyone tear them down. Royce wants to tear those walls down and
more. Jessica is strong, independent and doesn’t want someone telling her what to do or love, she will do sex but none of the extra stuff. Royce is used to being in charge and getting what he wants and he wants Jessica. This was a really good book, I loved the fast pace and I only wish it was longer. I would have l
Mary
Sep 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wicked
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

A great first book in what I hope is a long series. I enjoyed Jessica's notion of "love doesn't exist", and how Royce breaks her out of her shell.

Royce's introduction of romance outside the lines was tender and touching. A Master that any sub would love to have school in her in the ways of BDSM. Jennifer's initial reluctance is natural and the discussion of her fears and ideas of what was expected was nice to see.

I hope that
She Hearts Books
Sep 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jess meets her friends for dinner one night and is introduced to Royce. Holy hotness! Royce is one fine bossy man and he wants Jess in his life. Only problem is that Jess has convinced herself that she doesn't do the whole love and relationship thing. Funny as she constantly has a romance novel in her hands reading. Have I mentioned hot as hell Royce? Yeah there's that and his whole strip and get on your knees thing happening. The counting was a big clue. What I really loved about him is that in ...more
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
This was a really great story. As its only over a hundred pages I read it in one sitting.

Jessica has closed herself off from men. She doesn't believe in love. She's got a great group of friends who meet up each Friday for dinner. When her friend brings along the delicious Royce Jessica's life is about to change. Will Royce break down the barriers and push her boundaries ?

The name Royce brings to mind sophistication, elegant, sexy and smooth. I might be describing a Rolls Royce but the words sui
Ruthie Taylor
Sep 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads."

This short novella packed a lot of punch. I really enjoyed the build up and the opening up of the hidden heart. I did think that it ended too soon - but in a way that is because I cared enough to want more! Royce was the perfect foil for Jessica and we got to enjoy a dominating alpha male, but with a gentle touch. I loved it when he counted lies - and it made me think just how many we all tell, just for expediency's sake .
Christine Mize
Sep 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Could you open your mind to an experience that felt completely out of character? Jessica Stanley is a paralegal who has always lived a very safe, predictable life. Royce Bradford is the new guy in town, an executive who works with Jessica’s best friend. At their very first meeting, sparks fly. Jessica is very attracted to Royce, but he operated in a sexual world in which she has no experience. Can she open her mind and experience the pleasure he is convinced he can give her?

This book is extremel
Kelly
Aug 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was one of the good reads winners for the giveaway of this book.
I loved the book . I was please with the plot. Jessica was not looking for love due to pain but there was something about Royce that caught her eye I guess his dominant state of mind drew her closer made he eager and curious.
How Royce wanted Jessica to become his sub and how he wasn't going to let her go
Classic bsdm although I didn't like how it was a very short novel I wish it was longer. Looking forward to reading more of your
Lisa
Aug 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
holy crap ....
new fan here! :)
I won this book ... and what a blessing!
I'd never heard of Measha Stone before the goodreads giveaway
but the book sounded interesting when I entered

this book was short, yes, but it contained a lot! and it was hot hot hot...I loved it ... can't wait to read more
if you like hot and sexy stories with a taste of bdsm ... and a little romance ... get this book, read it and be prepared to want more
Jeanette Oglesby
Sep 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
HIDDEN HEART (WINDY CITY BOOK 1)
BY MEASHA STONE
4 STARS

I won this book from GoodReads. I really loved this story between Jessica and Royce. The story is hot, hot, hot and it kept me reading it from beginning to end. I did feel that the ending was rushed and I had unanswered questions. Maybe the next will answer some of those questions, but this is still a good read. If you are looking for a really hot and a short read this is the one.
Sue
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved the original, and it only gets better with the reworkng. Royce and Jessica embark on a relationship that will have you melting at the heat and romance. This author has the knack of taking a great storyline and interweaving a tantalizing D/s relationship with such realism that you can imagine having the characters in your circle of friends. You want their relationship to work and I found myself unable to put the book down as if my continued reading would somehow keep them together. Great ...more
Jo-Ann Forrest
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the story of a journey to love.Jessica has been badly hurt in the past and is immune to love. Royce is a dominant and when he meets Jessica he sees a submissive woman looking for direction in her life. Their journey is a struggle and a battle of wills, that will open Jessica’s eyes and heart to happiness and completeness as a person. I honestly volunteered to review this fabulous story.
Suzanne Withers
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great start to a new series as Royce and Jessica explore a new relationship with kinks and lots of hot chemistry. They attempt to unwind from past hurts to a full relationship. I think this tale is well written and very entertaining as it captures your attention from the beginning and keeps you reading until you are finished. I highly recommend it as a great story that is well worth getting to read. This is my honest opinion.
Eva Wade
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this story so much. A definate page turner and i can't wait for more of this author. Royce and Jessica have so much chemistry throw in a crazy ex who doesn't know to take no for an answer this book is great.
Jo
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jessica doesn't want love, doesn't want any type of attachment besides friendship. Talk about walls!!!! Out with her friends one night, she meets Royce. Oh Royce, you delicious man! The patience he has...Saint him immediately!

Jessica is one tough cookie, she is truly set in her ways. To watch the relationship between her and Royce...my heart ♡
I really enjoyed the changes these two characters made together. They were honest, believable, raw. Fantastic read!!!!
Sep 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jessica Stanley has found her normalcy in her job as a paralegal at a hot shot lawfirm. “No man is out for true love, they are only good for one thing.”

She didn't expect the domineering Royce Bradford to come strolling into her life. Royce exercises control in all things, but will one of those things become Jessica? Jessica wants their “arrangement” to only be casual and not include love. Royce is not settling for anything less than what he desires. Will Royce be able to break down the ice arou
Books Laid Bare
Sep 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This punchy little novella is well worth the time it will take you to get to know Jessica and Royce

Life as a paralegal is just what Jessica Stanley wants, normal. She keeps her head down at work, works hard and plays even harder – just one thing – no ties!

But when Bryce Bradford enters her world, life as she knows it will never be the same again.

Royce is the perfect depiction of a dominant man, he likes things to be done exactly as he desires and since his first meeting with Jessica, he desires
Jade Simcox (3 Degrees Of Fiction)
I received this book in exchange for a honest review. 4 STAR RATING

We follow Jessica in this book. She is content with her ordinary life, having had bad experiences with men in the past, she thinks men are only good for one thing. Her life is thrown into whirlwind when she meets a very dominating man when out for a meal with friends one night.
Royce is a man used to getting what he wants, until he meets Jessica. She is guarded but he wants to know more. He wants to break down her walls and find
Amanda Morgan
This story should be called "40 Shades of Grey" or "50 Shades: The Cliffs Notes" as I'm not sure there was much original thought put into this book. It's definitely a tribute to "50 Shades," and there is one scene in this book that was not in the original "50", otherwise if you've read "50 Shades" you've read this book already. I do, however, appreciate anyone who dares to create anything and put it out there for others to enjoy, so I have to applaud this author's courage, however I wish she wou ...more
Lisa Roberts
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really loved the dynamics in this story and the patience of Royce bringing out Jessica and her feelings and desires when she is such a closed off scared woman of commitment. The emotions and feelings were very powerful as step by step they bring each other higher. I found the characters very well developed and mature and I really enjoyed it.
Madeleine
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Georgia
Mar 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewcopy
Review can also be found in Chill and read

Jessica Stanley is comfortable in her orderly life as a paralegal at a high end law firm. Having dated her fair share of liars and manipulators, Jessica views men through a pair of thick, cynical lenses. Men are good for one thing in her eyes, and one thing only. Things are about to change when she meets Royce.

Royce Bradford is an imposing figure. He is a successful man, an executive, that has recently returned to Chicago. He has some particular taste in
Heather
Sep 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
This is the first book in a new series by Measha Stone. I sometimes find the first book in a series to be tougher to get into the actual story line because the author needs to spend time introducing you to all of the series characters. However, even so, this was a good introduction to what looks to be a fun series. If you've read anything by Measha Stone you know to expect plenty of heat and that is certainly true of this one. Although I do wish the story was a bit longer than it was, even so I' ...more
Linda
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow. You want to talk about hot! I just joined this series with Hidden Heart and I am loving it! Alex, one of the college friends, invites Royce, the new guy at his company to his Friday night gathering. There was instant attraction to Jessica by Royce. Can he get the girl? He has some secrets; will Jessica be on board? What about Kelly? Will her jealousy have an impact on their long-time friendship. Great story with plenty of places to make you tingle, tingle, tingle! Loved it!
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Black Light: Roulette War
  • Black Light: Brave (Black Light Series Book 17)
  • Scandalized (Black Light #14)
  • Jasmine
  • Defended (Black Light #13)
  • Dead Man's Hand (Vegas Underground #7)
  • Submitting to the Sheriff (Cowboy Doms, #2)
  • Daddy's Lost Love (Montana Daddies #4)
  • Hoss
  • Black Light: Charmed
  • Nolan (Dangerous Doms #3)
  • A Montana Daddies Christmas
  • Carson (Dangerous Doms #4)
  • The Puppetmaster
  • Rockland
  • His Queen of Clubs (Vegas Underground, #6)
  • Absolution (Doms of Club Eden, #6)

Windy City (4 books)
  • Secured Heart (Windy City, #2)
  • Indebted Heart (Windy City #3)
  • Liberated Heart (Windy City #4)

News & Interviews