Start by marking “The Fervor (Sinful Supes, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Fervor (Sinful Supes, #1)

The Fervor

(Sinful Supes)

BUT SHE NEVER EXPECTED TO BE ONE OF THEM…

Start your review of The Fervor (Sinful Supes, #1)
Cat Imb || The Reading Cat ||
Aug 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review. Thanks Xandrie!

This book surprised me. It was not only supernaturally sexy, but also exciting and unexpected.

*wishing Lukas could lick me like he did Claire right now - dies*

This book was concise and to the point and held back nothing. You get sex, violence, gore, carnal behaviour all wrapped up in an exciting bundle of pages.

I really liked Claire as the protagonist of this story. Her thoughts made me laugh on many occasions, an
E.G. Manetti
I really like the premise of this novella - supernatural (or supes) are segregated from normals to protect the normals. When a DNA test reveals Claire has a smidge of fae DNA she's transferred from the regular college curriculum to the classes set aside for the supes. Totally unprepared to deal with werewolves and vampires, life gets scary and violent, and more scary and violent. And then erotic when one of the scariest flips her switch.

Unfortunately, after a strong start, the story wraps with
Al George
Uh who the he!! would want to live in this world?

yikes

I mean seriously. In this world, supes are so outta control, they can just kill you. Like that. Boom. You're dead. You really don't wanna go to college. Those supes will randomly attack you. I wish this book had been longer so I understood more of the world. But I tell you, this was some scary sh!t. I probably should have read this one for the horror category rather than the last one. I'm talking about the challenge. See below.

NOTE: read for Ne
Runningrabbit
FREE on Amazon to find more free & cheap paranormal books head to www.Facebook.com/ParanormalBookFest

This was a great indie discovery that is well written with a solid plot. I thoroughly identified with the main character, Claire, who has a great many human foibles and adds a whole lot more when she discovers her supernatural identity.

The sexy love interest is great, especially with the little curve ball thrown at the end. Although this is a short tale at 150 pages, it covered all it's essential
S.E. Anderson
Oct 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So, last night my internet went down, so I grabbed an ebook that I had sitting around, hoping it would lull me to sleep. WARNING: IT WILL NOT. I was gripped from the first page, and by chapter two I knew I was getting no sleep tonight. What a roller coaster ride!

Claire has just discovered she's part Succubus: a tiny part, like 0.0024% of her DNA is monster. Which means immediate discrimination: kicked out of the dorm, kicked out of day classes, stuck going to night school with monsters that will
EroticaAfterDark (Lilith)
FREE
FREE: Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon AU

BUT SHE NEVER EXPECTED TO BE ONE OF THEM…
Thanks to her great- great-grandmother, loner Claire Sommers’ DNA results are succubus positive. To make matters worse, her college is forcing her into the Supernatural night school. The last place she wants to be is in a room filled with ferals, vampires, and other monsters from her nightmares. The absolute worst thing she can imagine? Getting hit with her first fervor in
Veronica Rosa
What an intense read. It leaves on a cliffhanger, but I'm cool with that since the other books are written and waiting to be read by me. I don't have much to say because I'm itching to start the next book, Beauty and the Beast.
T. K. Elliott (Tiffany)
Sep 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
This short story introduces both Claire (who has recently discovered she is part-succubus, which explains a lot but is basically Bad News for her), and Lucas, who is an alpha werewolf (Bad News for other people).

Pay attention, because these people are going to reappear in later books, I think.

What I Liked
Claire. I liked Claire immediately; her life has just been turned upside down by the news that she's now classified as Supernatural, and Kovak gets a nice balance between too much complaining ab
Gwen
*** FREEBIE ALERT ****
Ladies this one is HOOOOOOOOT, you have been warned!!

What a great read that is full of sexy fun with a couple of neat twists that I read a 90 miles an hour and made me want to read the next book immediately!!!
So WHERE's My BOOK Xandrie?? You can't leave us hanging like this!!

Claire Sommers has tested positive for being a Supe, a less than 1% Succubus that seems to bring nothing but trouble and none of the benefits. (view spoiler)
Kel Carpenter
Jun 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best shifter stories I've read to date still.
Katelynn
Aug 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Originally posted on Books & Bottles.

Actual Rating: 4.5 / 5
Thank you to Xandrie Kovak for an ARC in exchange for an honest review!

It's not very often I go so quickly from being way to into a book and thinking I'm the perverted one, to stumbling back in mild shock and wondering "HOW DID YOU NOT EXPECT THIS TO HAPPEN?! *idiot*" and then continue to read  on shamelessly.

IN FACT! despite having an early 5AM start this morning I was still determined to finish this book, even if it was at 1AM. Shock f
Tracy
Jan 25, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Now that I've had a couple of days to marinate on this book and truly break down my thoughts, I'm going to review it. First of all and overall I enjoyed the book. It was a quick read and kept my attention. That being said, there are some things in this book that I was not overly fond of. First is the pacing. The only downtime we get is the beginning and the end. The middle was balls to the wall action, running, screaming, fighting, etc. This leads to a lack of actual forward plot movement. This ...more
Michelle
Oct 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
I grabbed this book because the description really intrigued me and because it was a freebie but as I grab a lot of freebies, it really got put down the list of to read. However, in reading one of her emails for subscribers who grabbed the book, which I usually just skimmed through, I became even more intrigued and decided one night to just add it to my library to read. I'm really glad I did.

Claire is new to the Supe world and with limited knowledge of how to navigate it, she makes many mistake
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
This book is paranormal with a little humour, or at least I found it to be that way. I did laugh out loud at some parts. Blood and gore is heavily involved as well as wolves, witches, vampires and fae. This is a very intense short book, with most of the storyline happening over one day and night so it's pretty much action packed from chapter 2 to the end.

We meet Lucas, a young 16 year old who is also pack master, and 20 year old Claire, who is mostly human with fae blood. Her abilities include
Llaph
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. It has a unique-ish spin on the paranormal beings. The fervor bit is kinda scary. Especially if you are a shy awkward succubus name Claire that can have it happen at any time.
If that were me I think I’d hide in my house until it happened and was over. But, if she did that there wouldn’t be a story right? Lol
Lucas Masters was a pleasant surprise … especially his background. I look forward to reading about it in Animus.
I also want to see what happens next to Claire and
Llaph
I also want to see what happens next to Claire and
JAMES
Aug 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fervor Review
Wow! Amazing read. I read about seven books a week and this was as good as any best selling author I've read.
The development of the main charter was perfect. I felt I understood who she was and connected with her within the first few pages.
Now, I forgot this was an "Adult paranormal book". If you are looking for a HOT read, you will not be disappointed. (Warning!!! Cold shower may be required) What I appreciated, was that the erotic scenes, either romantic or darker, didn't become
K
I read a lot of paranormal/shifter books, but this one was really enjoyable and unique. This was definitely fast paced and engaging, with lots of violence and some rough and dirty sexual content.

The one thing that was strange was the hero's age. I didn't get a real sense of his age in the story until the characters discussed it at the end, but he is young for this type of book. Really, really young. Like seriously young.

Also good to note, this is part one in a series, and definitely not the end
Stephanie
Jan 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Special thanks to Xandrie Kovak for the ARC.

I loved how outrageous and absurd the story was. I mean the events are not like anything I've ever read before. The book's also a chameleon, it's not quite YA and it's not quite NA and it's still not entirely romance. This is the kind of story that just grows on you.
Paula
Sep 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book for an honest review. Once I started this book I couldn't put it down until I was finished. Claire and Lucas oh my! I am so looking forward to more books by Xandrie! You are my newest favorite author!!
Nicoleta Sandu
Sep 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book for an honest review. Once I started this book I couldn't put it down until I was finished. I am so looking forward to more books by Xandrie! You are my new favorite author!
Carrie
Mar 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Wow! I grabbed this book off Amazon when it popped up as free, so I had no real expectations. On a whim, I started reading and absolutely could not put this book down! I’m so hooked, that I went right on to read all the other available books in the series (including the mailing list bonus backstory). I wish there were more!

This book gave us a good look at what happens when someone with even the smallest amount of succubus DNA wanders into the world of the full-fledged paranormals. Claire has alw
John
May 24, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't know how I discovered this book, it's not something I would normally read. In fact I HATE paranormal romance novels. However something about the blurb interested me so I decided to take a peak. I got it for free under kindle unlimited so I didn't have anything to lose.

Although I strongly dislike paranormal romance I do read a lot of urban fantasy and the two genres are closely linked. I'm pretty bored with the whole "alpha wolf" crap, that's a stale trope(though not as stale as the beau
Nickole
Oct 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
DC Lee
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I picked up this book as a suggestion from another author, Jex Lane. And was so VERY effin happy I did.

Kovak speaks my language. This book began with a fast pace, and kept building throughout, which caused me to finish in one sitting. I love this authors take-no-prisoners style. I was laughing, and OMG'ing from beginning to end. And the fight scenes. The twists. I was just, flat-out, AMAZED. The author packs a whole helluva lot in one book. However, I do wish it would have been longer because I
Erin Byrne-Bock
Dec 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Claire Sommers is trying to adjust to having being placed in the "supes" class at college. She has only .0024% succubus DNA but that's all it took to change her life according to the govt. She knows she shouldn't be in class with the vampires, wolves or hyenas but this is her life and she's trying to get through it the best she can.
Lucas Masters is the new alpha wolf in the area and as he comes across Claire having a really bad encounter with a hyena shifter he is immediately drawn to her.
I rea
Sarah Davies
Dec 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
BUT SHE NEVER EXPECTED TO BE ONE OF THEM…

Thanks to her great- great-grandmother, loner Claire Sommers’ DNA results are succubus positive. To make matters worse, her college is forcing her into the Supernatural program. The last place she wants to be is in a room filled with ferals, vampires, and other monsters from her nightmares. The absolute worst thing she can imagine? Getting hit with her first fervor in the middle of said classroom. Especially in front of the n
Maria
Mar 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Honestly, I can see why a lot of people would want to rate this 'book' less than 3—maybe that's pushing it a bit much—stars. But, I couldn't help myself. This is hella funny-at-the-wrong-moments, pretty gripping, and the characters are likeable... ish.

I'm definitely getting the next book (The Hunter), even though it's £3.28 and kind of not worth it if it's going to be as fast paced as this one. *cries*

The writing is manic, and at some points the language is crude to the point it's not even worth
Fantastic.

I'll be honest: I felt a little naughty reading this. Maybe I'm just silly that way. But it was so good, I finished it in one night. It's short! That's the only complaint that I have! I want more--now.

It's naughty, it's sexy, it's violent--I loved it. Poor Claire has just found out she's got a tiny, tiny bit of succubus blood in her DNA. Which is bad. No, it's worse than bad. Because while it explains why she's had to spend her whole life fending off suitors, it also sticks her in the
T.
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I downloaded Fervor as a free book from Amazon. Kovak may be one of my new favorite authors. I wish the book had been longer, but it was a fast-paced read with great protagonists. I'm enjoying the additional layers of maturity and playfulness since Lucas' introduction in Animus (available directly from the author when you join her newsletter). A great story line-- I was eager to get to the next story until I saw the pre-order price indicates $3.99 for only 88 pages-- errr, I don't think so.

Befo
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Rich Prick
  • Snow, Glass, Apples [Chapbook]
  • Hell's Chapel (Caith Morningstar, #1)
  • Crossing Into The Mystic (The Crossings Trilogy, #1)
  • Afterimage (The Enertia Trials, #1)
  • The Vampire's Passion
  • Dead by Morning (Rituals of the Night #1)
  • Bloody Mary (Jack Daniels Mystery, #2)
  • Trapped (Afraid, #2)
  • ALPHA (The Black Flagged #0.5-1)
  • No Simple Death (Dublin Murder Mystery, #1)
  • Whisper
  • Forbidden Blood (Forbidden #1)
  • The Spirit (Spirit Trilogy, #1)
  • Entangled (Spellbound, #1)
  • Wild Heart (Dartmoor Big Cat Brides Book 1)
  • A Secret Between Friends (Between the Sheets, #1)
  • Stolen and Forgiven (Branded Packs #1)
XANDRIE KOVAK writes for mature teens. X.KOVAK writes for adults. Just about any XK book is rife with beautiful monsters, reader discretion advised labels, and romance of the dark variety. Basically, XK writes the kind of stories your mother warned you about.

Sinful Supes (4 books)