Start by marking “Thalassa: The World Beneath the Waves (The Tethys Trilogy #1)” as Want to Read:
Thalassa: The World Beneath the Waves (The Tethys Trilogy #1)

Read Book* *Different edition

Thalassa: The World Beneath the Waves

(The Tethys Trilogy #1)

Moanna Morgan had never seen the sky. No-one from the Tethys Colonies had, not for a thousand years. Not since the Old Earth died and the world of Thalassa was born, a new world beneath the waves…

Submarines sank all the time out in aqua incognita, beyond the Federation Frontier, and Moanna’s brother had been dead for nearly a year. But was the wreck that was found really h
Paperback, 1, 364 pages
Published March 13th 2016 by Brandyke Books

To ask other readers questions about Thalassa, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thalassa

Faith Jones
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the best underwater adventure I can ever remember reading. I preferred this author’s other two books (Race the Red Horizon and The Outlaws of Kratzenfells), those being on totally different subjects – and yet he’s entered a rare club because all three got my top rating. This is an unusually consistent independent writer with diverse interests. How long will he remain indie?

I’m strangely drawn to ideas like underwater living and sea-steading, including the engineering problems that need t
Jason Pym
Apr 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: YA novel, with (oblique) ref to drugs and sex, I would say suitable for 13 to 14 year olds and up.
Thalassa is a YA science fiction thriller that combines mystery, action and drama into an absolutely gripping read. Lost cities, a pirate queen, chases, espionage, and double cross – what more could you want?

As a sci-fi geek I love the universe Jones has created. Humanity has lived in cities under the sea for a millennium, and underwater living has shaped every aspect of our lives. This means lots of cool submarine designs (I would kill for a battle MANTA with anti-shark spines), and coralcrete
Robert Zwilling
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A modern day Treasure Island tale. Lots of plot twists leave the reader guessing how the story will end. A lot of effort went into describing the underwater world.
Terri
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It took me a few chapters to really get grounded into this book but the author did a really good job of sucking me into the story. The book is well written and the protagonist is relatable. The action and twists in the story kept me entertained. I'm not sure if I would have found or bought this book had it not been for the giveaway but I am glad I read it and will definitely be getting the next book in the series. I really loved the book and would recommend it.
Tabitha
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I won a Kindle copy of this book through a giveaway on Goodreads.
This is a great action story with lots of twists, turns, and mystery. There were some details that I couldn't exactly wrap my head around (the mention of chocolates when they live under the ocean), but for the most part the fiction part of the science fiction seemed reasonable. The story leaves off at a point you can be content to stop the trilogy, but there's enough of a reason to read the rest I want to see what happens.
Steve Bender
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I won this ebook in a Goodreads Giveaway. A nice start to this trilogy. It has lots of action and an interesting take on the rising of the seas and drowning of the earth. Probably a young adult book. Looking forward to the second book n the series.
Stacey
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed Thalassa, I didn't put it down and read through the night! Very enjoyable!
Mary
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book kept my interest from the first page to the last
Tena
Apr 01, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2-goodread_wins
I won a kindle version #GoodreadsGiveaway
Sue
Apr 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Super tale of an underwater colony, set about a thousand years in the future. Environmental disasters (melting polar ice caps, plague and war) destroyed the world as we know it and caused the polar ice caps to melt and flood most of the Earth's land mass, and make the atmosphere toxic. A small percentage of the human population moved into self-sustaining undersea colonies which developed and expanded over the thousand years to form new societies.

Fifteen year old Moanna lives on the outskirts of
Debee Sue
Lavender
Mar 23, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways, kindle, own
Placeholder

I won this book via Goodreads Giveaways.
Lamar
Kateřina
Cheryl Bradley
Famkef
  • Daughter of Kali: Awakening
  • The Soul Trapper (Superpowers Romance #3)
  • DarkSkull Hall (The Mage Chronicles #1)
  • Daughter of the Sun (The Solara Trilogy Book 1)
  • Feeling Groovy: How Sensitive People Find Meaning, the Confidence to Express Themselves and Create Fulfilling Lives
  • Daughter of the Zel (Daughter of the Zel, #1)
  • The Trace (Whitewashed, #1)
  • Wayline: A Science Fiction Novel
  • The Magic Flute
  • The Protectors
  • Dama X (UltraSecurity, #2)
  • Keep Away From GRAS: Generally Recognized As Safe
  • Allure of Home (The Gifted, #1)
  • Chausiku The Blood of the Clans Book Three
  • Chronicles of the Roc Rider
  • Playing with Fire (The Keeper Chronicles, #1)
  • The Woodcutter King
  • Eve of Snows (Sundering the Gods, #1).
M. Jonathan Jones spends his time commuting between this world and many others inside his head. When not being chased across the dead red deserts by sentient machines, discovering hidden threats in the Deeps, or hunting frost giants across the Nine Realms, he enjoys avoiding other people. In this reality, he lives in England with his family. (profile pic is not actually me, but Mr Raccoon from "Th ...more

The Tethys Trilogy (2 books)
  • Thalassa: Aqua Incognita (The Tethys Trilogy #2)