Start by marking “White Hot Kiss (The Dark Elements, #1)” as Want to Read:
White Hot Kiss (The Dark Elements, #1)

White Hot Kiss

(The Dark Elements #1)

4.26  ·  Rating details ·  38,543 ratings  ·  4,526 reviews
Librarian's Note: this is an alternate cover edition for ISBN 13 9780373211104.

One kiss could be the last

Seventeen-year-old Layla just wants to be normal. But with a kiss that kills anything with a soul, she's anything but normal. Half demon, half gargoyle, Layla has abilities no one else possesses.

Raised among the Wardens—a race of gargoyles tasked with hunting demons a
Published May 2015 by Harlequin Teen (first published February 25th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about White Hot Kiss, please sign up.
Suzie Zahn Savannah,

The Dark Elements series by Jennifer Armentrout is totally worth your time!

But be forewarned my dear... IT'S DELICIOUSLY ADDICTIVE! (lol)
Murshida Rahman Yes!!! This book is full of humor and challenges that you'll love along with the characters..Keeps you on your seat from beginning till the end. This…moreYes!!! This book is full of humor and challenges that you'll love along with the characters..Keeps you on your seat from beginning till the end. This is one my favorite trilogy of all time and I'm grateful to my friend Amber, who recommended me this book.(less)

·  38,543 ratings  ·  4,526 reviews

Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
"Not everyone is created equal.”
I pursed my lips. “I don’t think I’m special.”
Roth looked at me again. “But you are. You’re a half demon that is also half Warden."
This is standard Armentrout. Fans of her books will love it, people who wants something a little less...formulaic, like me, will be disappointed. I keep reading her books, hoping that something will change for the better. So far, nothing had.

This book is about gargoyles and demons. But don't get the wrong impression. It's less this:

A
Emily May
Feb 07, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014, young-adult, pnr, dnf
I. Could. Not. Finish. This.
I tried. And then I tried some more. But nope, not happening.

You know what? Perfection really is boring. Perfection is meaningless, unrealistic and so fucking boring.

Armentrout tries to create perfection. A perfectly all-good, virginal, amazing, everyone-wants-to-bone-me, kickass heroine who faultlessly exists at the centre of the universe, while beautiful, perfectly-sculpted, hot boys just orbit around her constantly. It's boring. And you know what else perfection i
shady boots | #WatchPOSE
You know what I've figured out? Jennifer L. Armentrout is a panderer. Meaning, she always writes the same formulaic stuff and always has to have extremely hot, six-foot-something bad boys that are there to solely make the main character's--and the young teen female reader's--panties melt.

What do I have to say to that? Well, first of all,

Secondly, here are a few examples of her not-even-a-little-bit-subtle pattern:

Taken from the blurb of Wait for You:

"Cameron Hamilton is six feet and three inche
Lucia
My Roth, Layla and Zayne:

Layla is half-demon, half-Warden. But brought up by Wardens, daily fighting her demon urges, she hates everything demon-connected. But what happens when her perception of demons is ruined forever?

I am not sure what happened here. I love JLA and all her previous paranormal stories. But this one did not live up to my expectations.

So what was my biggest problem with this book? It wasn't the love triangle or the fact that heroine was perfect example of damsel in distress. N
jessica
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
if you know me, you know i love JLAs stories with nearly every fibre of my being but i was hesitant to pick this up, only because it just didnt really interest me. the only reason i did is because ‘storm and fury’ (a spin off) comes out soon, and it actually sounds really good. so here i am.

fortunately, this turned out better than i thought it would. as someone who is still slowly, but somewhat successfully, immersing themselves into the paranormal genre, gargoyles just seemed a bit much. but i
Wendy Higgins
This is one of those kinds of books that just fit me and my mood perfectly at the right moment. I loved every single thing about it. I think this series is going to rival Lux for me. I can't wait for everyone to read it!!
It feels so good re-reading this trilogy.

Review to come in a few hours.
April
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
May have ordered the rest of this series ... Oops 🙊
Pearl Angeli
"You need something," he said, and when I stared at him, he added, "Your face."

"My face?"

"It's in need of my kisses."

Who would've thought that demons are kind of hot? *sigh*

If there's one thing that makes this book beautiful and interesting. It's Roth. Roth. And ROTH.

White Hot Kiss is all kinds of awesomesauce. I love the concept Ms. Jennifer L. Armentrout put life into this book. The existence of demons and Wardens (Gargoyles who protect mankind from demons) is a thing that very much catch
Irina
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
at the beginning i didn't know if i will like this book but it was surprisingly good. can't wait to see how the next book will be.
Patrycja

Release Date: February 24, 2014
Rating: 4 stars
Cliffhanger:. Yes
HEA: (view spoiler)

White Hot Kiss is another YA paranormal romance by Jennifer L Armentrout and as every previous book by this author, this novel doesn’t let go even for a single minute. It’s one of those keeping you on the edge till the last page stories that will make you laugh, feel sad and angry as well as introduce you to amazin
Ash
Aug 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-kindle-read
first read: March 16-17, 2015.
first reread: July 25-27, 2015
second reread: March 20-22, 2016

JULY 2015: These books are just so fun. I loved it still, maybe not AS much as I did the first time I read this 4 months ago, BUT it wasn't enough to affect the 5 star rating.
“The newcomer stood well over six feet, as tall as any Warden. His hair was dark, the color of obsidian, and it reflected blue in the dim light. Lazy locks slipped over his forehead and curled just below his ears. Brows arched over
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
Wow this book was really good! I loved everything about it, the plot was addicting and full of surprises!I loved the world Jennifer created. Jennifer creates a world filled with gargoyles who are called the "Wardens" and they are against the demons who have escaped Hell. It's unique the storyline, I haven't read something like this before!

Layla isn't so ordinary... because she is half gargoyle and half demon..

description

Layla has been living so many years with the Warden's. Her unique abilities help them
☆ ĄňŊǡƂėƮĦ ☆ ŞŧŎŋė
This is my first Armentrout book and I know that it won't be my last. I definitely liked it and was pleasantly surprised. I had been reading many reviews on it and wasn't sure if I would want another love triangle.

Plot Summary

Layla I-don't-know-her-last-name has just turned seventeen. She's like your average teenage girl. She tags demons, works with a group of demon hunters, so of course has to like a demon. So, no, she's not normal but she really wants to be. She is half-gargoyle/Warden and h
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
White Hot Kiss is book one in The Dark Elements series by Jennifer L. Armentrout. First I want to say that I have not read very many gargoyle books so I didn’t know what to expect going into this. But lets be realistic here. This book was written by Jennifer Armentrout. So I knew it was going to be epic. And I was NOT disappointed.

In this world we have wardens that are gargoyles that look like humans except while they sleep or when they choose to shed their human skin as in during a fight. The w
ambsreads
White Hot Kiss is the first in its series and a book I've started numerous times and out down. I decided this time I would triumph though and finish it. To my utter surprise I did. I kind of wish I hadn't, it wasn't the greatest book out (but I'll finish the series) and it had a series of issues I found. Most around the characters, both side and main, the dialogue, the love triangle, and the under developed world.

Characters

Layla was our sweet and innocent character. Almost every action of every
Jennifer Kyle
4.5 Stars

On vacation- review to come!
Annaiss
Can I have it now, pleeease?!

Katerina Kondrenko
6 out of 10

Ревью в моем блоге/This review on my blog
Living A Thousand Lives

WOW: Astaroth
POV: 1st-person, female
Love-Geometry: medium

Quote-Core:
“People with the purest souls are capable of the g
bibliophile (Romance Addict)

Five *demons* stars!!

This is book one of the The Dark Elements trilogy by Jennifer Armentrout, and oh my God! Jen never failed me, or dissappointed me. I love this book, and every charater, and just EVERYTHING!!

▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨

The story: In this book, we follow a girl called Layla. She's half Warren, half demon, and she hates this fact so much. She lives with her fellow Warrens, and her life is fine until she meets Roth.

Roth is badass, hottie, and a demon! Layla hates his guts, but she can't handle
Twizzie
Jun 02, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Another Jennifer L. Armentrout book? Yes!

I mean. I WANT TO KNOW WHAT IT'S ABOUT! I almost fell out of my chair, seeing this. I love Jenn. She is my favorite author of all time and will always be my favorite author.

The title though... seems awesome. ANd to express it's awesomeness, i'm going to put a lot of Gerard Butler GIFs because he equals the awesomeness of Jennifer and he is pretty awesome.

Go Jennifer. Go Jennifer. Go Jennifer.
xrysa
Jun 03, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Oh my freaking god!!
This woman is a writing machine!!
I cannot wait for this one :-D
Mar 04, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Why does every book have to have a love triangle!!! :-(

the trust of a boy she’s loved forever

^^^Team this guy!

Grace (LovingDemBooks) Z.
Buy this book on AMAZON
or buy this book on BookDepository with FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING

4 of 5 stars (Please read my rating system further below). I would've rated this book more like a 3.8-3.9 but I upped my rating because why not. I loved the characters in this book and they're chemistry with each other, it was fascinating! The foreshadowing was all over the place and kept me on the edge of my seat at all times and it was exhilarating. The world building was a little bit rough in the beginni
Cody
Dec 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I COULD READ THIS A THOUSAND TIMES AND STILL LOVE IT!

This was my first book by Jennifer L. Armentrout and I think it will forever be a favourite of mine. Don’t get me wrong every book or series she releases I become obsessed with to the point were they get 5 stars because I haven’t moved off my ass for hours because I can’t bear to part from the book and compare every other book boyfriend on the planet to her gorgeous characters… This isn’t sad at all!

So when it came to reading White Hot Kiss ag
Giselle
Nov 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, arc
Gargoyles, demons, and zombies, oh my!

I'm not sure what I expected from this novel with a blurb that screamed love-triangle, involving a paranormal creature I have not had the best of luck with in the past. Fortunately, I found myself enjoying this one quite a bit. As expected - knowing this author's style - romance has a large presence in this story, and it does not lack any chemistry. Again, Armentrout has created characters who make your heart beat faster just by being on the same page toget
Amanda
Nov 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016
What just happened?! Oh for sake of the demons someone shake me!! Another amazing read from Armentrout that I could not put down, seriously I read it in one sitting unable to even eat my dinner properly because I couldn’t put it down. Now I’m sitting at 12:30 am writing a review after bawling my eyes out as I could not believe what I was reading.

I knew I was going to love this because I adored Bitter Sweet Love, I actually love anything Jennifer Armentrout writes, to be honest. I love the way sh
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
www.melissa413readsalot.blogspot.com

I thought this book was awesome! I loved the characters. Layla is so cool and she used a lot of phrases that I use in the real world. :) She did a few stupid things in the book and only one led to some distressing moments, but I felt after it was done, it was all for the better. It's so hard to talk about this without spoilers!

So Layla is half demon and half warden (gargoyle) but she doesn't have any powers or does she? She lives with the Wardens that keep de
Lauren
Aug 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my god. Seriously, I have no words.

You know those books where you start out liking it well enough but then it hits a point and you absolutely CANNOT put the book down?!

I loved the storyline, absolutely loved it. The whole premise was incredible and I loved her concept of Demons and Wardens. It just made for such good world building and such an intricate premise.

Then there were the characters. I absolutely adored the characters. And I mean... Roth. Ugh I love Roth so damn much. And Bambi!

T
Jana (My Messy Chapters)
LOVE IT!!!! ROTH <3
Zayne can go away please.

Review coming soon.
Crazy for Young A...: Pair 4: Hannah and Stephanie (June Besties) 11 15 Jun 23, 2018 06:22PM
I Need More Books like these 4 50 Feb 12, 2018 12:33PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: The Dark Elements Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout - Restarting November 5th 2017 117 259 Nov 07, 2017 07:27PM
Roth or Zayne? 100 621 Jun 03, 2016 05:27PM
HOT BOYS 5 44 Feb 24, 2016 02:34PM
Any zayne lovers 5 43 Feb 24, 2016 02:32PM
genre 3 15 Dec 26, 2015 01:30PM

• The Liberator (Dante Walker, #2)
  • Unchained (Nephilim Rising, #1)
  • Betraying Innocence
  • Gideon's Promise (Son's of Judgment, #2)
  • A Perfectly Split Christmas (Split #1.5)
  • Sweet Reckoning (Sweet, #3)
  • Ruined (The Eternal Balance, #1)
  • Awry (The Archers of Avalon, #2)
  • What Tomorrow May Bring
  • The Fall
  • Angelsong (Dark Angel, #3)
  • Drop Dead Demons (Divinicus Nex Chronicles, #2)
  • The Dark World (Dark World, #1)

To email me, please use the below addy.
jenniferlarmentrout@live.com

# 1 New York Times and # 1 International Bestselling author Jennifer lives in Charles Town, West Virginia. All the rumors yo

The Dark Elements (3 books)
  • Stone Cold Touch (The Dark Elements, #2)
  • Every Last Breath (The Dark Elements, #3)
“I lost myself the moment I found you.” 492 likes
“You need something," he said, and when I stared at him, he added, "Your face."
"My face?"
"It's in need of my kisses.”
292 likes