Start by marking “When Sue Found Sue: Sue Hendrickson Discovers Her T. Rex” as Want to Read:
When Sue Found Sue: Sue Hendrickson Discovers Her T. Rex

When Sue Found Sue: Sue Hendrickson Discovers Her T. Rex

From a very young age, Sue Hendrickson was meant to find things: lost coins, perfume bottles, even hidden treasure. Her endless curiosity eventually led to her career in diving and paleontology, where she would continue to find things big and small. In 1990, at a dig in South Dakota, Sue made her biggest discovery to date: Sue the T. rex, the largest and most complete T. r ...more
Published May 14th 2019 by Abrams Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about When Sue Found Sue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When Sue Found Sue

Jessie Bond
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Perfect for fans of dinosaurs, women in science, and Chicago history (and really, who doesn't love least one of those things?)
Laura McLoughlin
My daughter (7 yo) currently wants to be a paleontologist and we love to visit Sue at the Field Museum so this book was pretty much made for her, she would give it all the stars!

Rich F
Jun 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was really looking forward to this book, since The Field Museum is one of my favorite places in the world and I dig picture books. Overall, I liked the underlying story and the illustrations were really nice. On the flip side, the “finding things” repetition really slowed down the text and the vocabulary made me wonder who the audience is for this book. I suppose it’d be good for a 3rd-5th grader, but I don’t necessary see students that age picking out picture books off the shelves. (They shou ...more
Elizabeth
This book is fine, but I wasn't blown away by it.

I like that child-Sue is a loner, but as a grown-up scientist she works as a member of a team.

I hadn't realized how widely accomplished Sue Hendrickson is -- it's not clear from the text how all her work fits together (though the text uses the connecting theme of "finding things"), but the Author's Note says, "She has been a professional diver since 1971, a specialist in paleontology fieldwork (especially dinosaurs), a specialist in fossil inclusi
Ashley
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jackson, harrison
"Never lose your curiosity about everything in the universe-it can take you to places you never thought possible!" —Sue Hendrickson

When Sue Found Sue by Toni Buzzeo, illustrated by Diana Sudyka is the perfect nonfiction read for dino enthusiasts! Toni's beautiful details and Diana Sudyka's gorgeous illustrations show Sue's journey of discovering. We love how Toni and Diana showcase Sue's determination and hard work, empowering young children, especially shy children, that you can do anything and
Amy
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sue finding Sue celebrates perseverance in discovery and pursuing things that you were interested in as a kid. Sometimes those child-like interests stay with you long into adulthood enabling you to embark on something you never quite expected, like finding dinosaur bones. This book reminds me to support and help cultivate interests within my students!
Lynn
Nov 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Publishes May 2019. Lively and informative story of the adventurous Sue Hendrickson and her discovery of the T Rex skeleton in South Dakota that is one of the most intact and best preserved ever found. Charming illustrations and very engaging story.
Cheryl
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Interesting story of how Sue Hendrickson finds Sue the dinosaur. Loved that it's about a young girl who grows into a woman who perseveres, works hard and is always curious. Best part ~ you can go see the fruits of her labor at the Field Museum of Natural History in Chicago!
Peacegal
May 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ladies dig dinosaurs, too! This exciting and inspiring picture book biography tells the story of the woman paleontologist who discovered the most complete T. rex skeleton to date.
Edward Sullivan
The story of Sue Hendrickson who discover the largest and most complete T. Rex skeleton to date, which is now exhibited at the Field Museum in Chicago.
Inge
Jun 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Compelling enough, solid for a read aloud for older kids.
Sandy
May 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
My dinosaur loving daughter enjoyed this true tale.
Rebecca Caufman
May 19, 2019 rated it liked it
An excellent example of the power of curiosity. This is the story of Sue Hendrickson's childhood until she made the discovery of the TRex in South Dakota.
Juliana Lee
Terrific story about Sue Hendrickson the woman who found the T-Rex fossil bones which were named Sue in her honor.
Ana Gutierrez
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful introduction to Sue Hendricks discovery of Sue the T. Rex. It's also a good story for quiet but curious children in general with wonderful illustrations.
Emily Masters
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, children-s
Super cute- love the illustrations and the cadence of the words. I actually didn’t know how Sue the T Rex was found and got her name, so I really enjoyed this.
Melanie