Start by marking “Ever My Love (MacLeod #10; de Piaget/MacLeod #22)” as Want to Read:
Ever My Love (MacLeod #10; de Piaget/MacLeod #22)

Ever My Love (MacLeod #14)

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  497 Ratings  ·  85 Reviews
Two people are caught up in love—and in time—in the latest novel from the New York Times bestselling author of Stars in Your Eyes.

In search of a fresh start, Emma Baxter has traveled to Scotland to try to forget her rocky love life. Luckily, the gorgeous Highlander who owns the house up the path from her rental cottage might be exactly the kind of distraction she needs. Bu
Mass Market Paperback, 336 pages
Published April 4th 2017 by Jove

To ask other readers questions about Ever My Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ever My Love

Nancy
Apr 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: time-travel
Lynn Kurland has a very distinct style, and there is no one quite like her! Ever My Love is written as a standalone, but I highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend you read the others (by publication date) first, as there are a lot of characters in this, and it's easy to get lost if you're not familiar with them.

As a longtime fan of Kurland's, I had big hopes for this novel, and Ever My Love did not disappoint. Because she packs so many breadcrumbs into the storyline, I find that I always have to read h
Sha Mslvoe
I was completely hooked and can't stop reading until i was finished. My top favourite author of all time. 😍😍
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
No rating. DNF @37%

I received an Advance Copy from the publisher in exchange for my honest review.
(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
Originally posted at SmexyBooks-http://smexybooks.com/2017/04/review-...

I have been a fan of Lynn Kurland for years. I picked her A Dance In Time on a whim and was instantly hooked. To this day it remains one of my favorite time travel romances and I often reread it. Kurland’s wonderful voice has created a fascinating and convoluted world drenched in medieval charm with delightful narrative, witty characters, and delightful storylines. She is perfect for those who enjoy adventurous romances with
Christie72
Ever My Love was an enjoyable time travel romance! I know I’m going to enjoy a book when the prologue grabs my attention, and this one surely grabbed my attention. It’s a very important part of the story!

Emma has come to Scotland after a horrible break up with her ex-boyfriend and losing a business she built from the ground up. She thinks this will give her peace and guide her in the next direction of her life. She has no idea that this trip will completely change her life. Nathaniel is the tow
Heather andrews
Jan 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Emma was cute the girl would give anyone whiplash, “I wasn’t thinking about you,” she said, then she paused. “Well, I was thinking about you, but not in the way you’re thinking I was thinking.” Nathaniel was such a huge flirt, “when I’m dead, darling, and even then I imagine I’ll have aught to say. I think I can manage a shower on my own, though I’m not opposed to company.” I really liked this book, I loved Emma and Nathaniel.
Kathy Davie
Fourteenth in the MacLeod Family historical romance series and revolving around time-traveling Highlanders. The couple focus is on Emma Baxter and Nathaniel MacLeod.

My Take
This was fun and a definite departure from the usual storyline in the De Piaget/MacLeod series, and not only because Kurland is stretching out past the de Piagets and core MacLeods.

The story begins with an emotional hook with in media res and uses chunks of backstory to inform us how Emma got here. Which still didn't make sens
Carolyn
Apr 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kurland-lynn
I am a HUGE fan of Lynn Kurland. I have been reading her books since "Stardust of Yesterday" first appeared in 1996. I have read the entire de Piaget/MacLeod Series at least three times. It is a long time between books, but the wait is always very worth it. Without fail, each and every book always leaves me with a smile on my face. This book was no exception. Five Plus Stars.

Always wonderful to visit with some old friends from previous books (Elizabeth, Jamie, Sunshine, Patrick, Ian and Stephen
Ruth Ellen
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Emma goes to Scotland and is looking for a dream and some rest. She is really running from a bad relationship. Nathaniel is trying to stay on step or more away from fortune hunters while taking trip into 1300's side trips. They met unexpectedly and things speed up. See how it turns out and be ready to meet auld friends. I loved this book. I missed Patrick, Ian and Jaime.
Mskychick
Apr 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: henrico-ebook
I enjoyed this more than some of the other more recent Macleod books. It has a similar feels to Kurlands' Nine Kingdoms books, where the women are intrepid and rescue themselves and their menfolk a good deal, rather than being passive and waiting for a man to bail them out.
Coral
Apr 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Plot: 3/5
Characterisation: 3/5
Prose: 4/5
How much I enjoyed it: 3/5
It's a classic Lynn Kurland. However, I'm enjoying her latest few offering lesser and lesser as the main characters seemed interchangeable.
Nicole
Apr 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, favorites
If I could live my life over again, I'd want to be the heroine in one of Lynn's books ❤ romance doesn't get any better than this.
Clarice
I just loved this story.
Katrina
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love Lynn Kurland. I can honestly say that she is my favorite author and I wait, with baited breath, for her new books! I love all her heroes and heroines! Such sass. Such chivalry. Such wit. Nathaniel and Emma are adorable, and I loved every minute of their story. I also love the weaving of beloved characters from prior books into the current story. Reading her books makes me want to go back to Scotland and find me a Highlander in an enchanted forest. :D
Rachel Reads Ravenously
DNF at about Chapter 13

I actually wrote a longer review and then my internet went out and it didn't get saved. Anyways, I found this book a tad bit confusing and at almost halfway through the book there didn't seem to be a coherent plot.

Many people will love this but it just wasn't for me.

Copy for review provided by the publisher
Kiri
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2017grc, time-travel
I picked this up for the time travel aspect, as it was a recommended read - thought I'd give it a whirl. The writing is engaging and for the first third-ish of the book the plot moves nicely. The world and characters are fairly well built and plausible. There are a few oddities in the beginning sections - one is the bit where the main male protagonist decides to leave suddenly and careens into a vehicle. These scenes, given the characters actions beforehand are jarring and don't fit - it reads l ...more
Christina
Jun 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-reviewed
I always enjoy reading one of Lynn Kurland’s books and Ever My Love was no exception.

Emma Baxter travels across the pond to experience the “Scotland in my dreams” and find inspiration to rebuild her jewelry business back up again. Nathaniel MacLeod is a recluse literally living a double life. For the past five years, Fate it seems has dragged him back and forth through time – between present day and 14th century Scotland – for reasons he cannot begin to fathom. When the two meet under the most u
Melody
May 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Melissa
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
After finishing all 11 books that are currently out from Kurland's fantasy series on the Nine Kingdoms, I was curious about her other series. This is the 14th book in the time travelling romance series but I didn't suffer for not having read the previous installments. Not usually a romance reader, I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this book. A strong heroine who's running to her independence and a tall, handsome fellow who happens to travel to ancient Scotland every other day were the stars ...more
Barbara
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-books
Although the usual time travel novel one expects from Ms Kurland, this one was really very good. Nathaniel is wealthy (but then all of the men are in these books) and yet he lives in a little cottage in the Highlands. His life is full of adventure as he is thrust back into time, over and over again. He learns to fight and survive in the late 1300's, and yet returns to his own time after he accomplished whatever his "duty" was on that journey.

Emma is in Scotland on a personal trip, getting away f
Rhonda Soukup
Aug 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was the Lynn Kurland I loved from the beginning. Instead of just a tale, this book had some surprise mysteries and a solving of those mysteries. I liked the fact that both characters were from the modern day and not one from the past and one from the future. As much as I like all the past characters from other books and how they're related, I especially liked that the two characters in this book weren't related to anyone. I was getting tired of the convenient hooking up of family membe ...more
Mary Beth
Jun 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a lovely romance even though all the people are beautiful and rich. It has some humor and fun banter between the characters. There are things about the heroine that made me want to scream, she is running away from a bad relationship but then makes stupid decisions about imminent danger. Oh well, there has to be a damsel in distress right? I was hoping it was just the hero in distress with a strong woman to save him...oh yeah that can happen, too. Overall, it is a light hearted romance w ...more
Pam
Jun 11, 2018 rated it liked it
A few years ago I read any Lynn Kurland book I could find and I loved them so much. Then I just got busy and fell behind any new releases. I was finally able to read Ever My Love, and I must say, I was pretty disappointed.

I’m not sure if I just had a better memory of the books or I just had too high of expectations because it’s been a few years. Nothing was wrong with it; I just didn’t find it as interesting as I remember with Kurland’s other books. It definitely didn’t pull me in, and I was bor
Christina Marie
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I took my time with this book because it's the first real book I've gotten in years instead of ebook! Lol.

Anyways I LOVED this book, I've always loved Lynn Kurland's storytelling. It really pulls you in. Her characters are always strong including the women! Loved the humor, the characters being around from previous books and the whole storyline. I had hoped for a little more going back in time but all in all it was a superb read!!
May 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: clean-romance
This was much better than the last book I read by Lynn Kurland. I liked both main characters and thought it was a light and fun read. It was nice to see some previous book characters and a different connection to the family.

I am getting a little tired of the insanely rich guy, poor girl, painfully good looking, able to learn in moments what it takes others years, etc. situations, however. Maybe it's just me and I need to break into a different genre for a while.
Leslie L
Dec 10, 2017 rated it did not like it
Picked this up because the author’s books keep popping up on lists for people who liked “Outlander”. I should have paid closer attention, because this is the lastest in a series. I think it’s meant to be a stand alone book, but without having read the other books in the series, this one made little sense, and was difficult to follow because of all the implied information that is never explained ( I assume it makes sense if you’ve read the other books?).
Lyns
Jun 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was thrilled to see a new MacLeod time travel book at the grocery store (my local bookstore closed). It is just as great as the others in the connected worlds of the MacLeods and dePiagets. I just never quite wonder what Alexander Smith was doing. I think I might need to go back and re-read his story. If Emma ever gets to Artane, I would love her to travel and meet Jake Kilchurn.
Lauren
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nathaniel and Emma were so swoonworthy in this story! I love the switch-up on the time travel story, too. Instead of one of them from each time or accidentally traveling back, poor Nathaniel is basically forced to time travel until he meets Emma who's destiny is to travel after him and rescue him. I love it. And I loved watching them fall for each other.
Meg
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've always loved her stories. I'm amazed at how many unique stories she's managed to package into this niche and intertwined collection. But the familiar trope is definitely my drug of choice. Thanks, Lynn.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Dec 25, 2017 11:44AM
Lynn began her writing career at the tender age of five with a series of illustrated novellas entitled Clinton’s Troubles in which the compelling hero found himself in all sorts of . . . well, trouble. She was living in Hawaii at the time and the scope for her imagination (poisoned fish, tropical cliffs, large spiders) was great and poor Clinton bore the brunt of it. After returning to the mainlan ...more

MacLeod (10 books)
  • A Dance Through Time (MacLeod, #1; de Piaget/MacLeod, #2)
  • The Very Thought of You (MacLeod, #2; de Piaget/MacLeod, #4)
  • My Heart Stood Still (MacLeod, #3; de Piaget/MacLeod, #8)
  • A Garden in the Rain (MacLeod, #4; de Piaget/MacLeod, #10)
  • Much Ado in the Moonlight (MacLeod, #5; de Piaget/MacLeod, #12)
  • When I Fall in Love (de Piaget, #4; MacLeod, #6; de Piaget/MacLeod, #13)
  • With Every Breath (MacLeod, #7; de Piaget/MacLeod, #14)
  • Till There Was You (MacLeod, #8; De Piaget #10; de Piaget/MacLeod, #15)
  • Roses in Moonlight (MacLeod, #9; de Piaget/MacLeod, #19)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
  • Bittersweet
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Heirs of Grace
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
  • Impossible Saints
    $22.73 $1.99
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Only a Millionaire (The Sinclairs #6.5)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Soul Summoner  (The Soul Summoner, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • April / May / June (Calendar Girl #4-6)
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • Valorous (Quantum, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tempting Dusty (Temptation Saga, #1)
  • When Never Comes
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures with the Boss (Misadventures, #12)
  • Baby Daddy
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twice Bitten (Argeneau #27)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures of a Good Wife (Misadventures, #6)
  • Calendar Girl: Volume Three
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Love and Other Unknown Variables
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Storm Warned (Grim, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Real Thing (Sugar Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)
  • A Messy, Beautiful Life
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Pestilence (The Four Horsemen, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Twisted Up (Taking Chances, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Forged In Ash (Red-Hot SEALs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Fangs and Fennel (The Venom Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • At the Stroke of Midnight (The Naughty Princess Club, #1)
  • Wreckage
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)