Start by marking “MacKenzie's Pleasure” as Want to Read:
MacKenzie's Pleasure

MacKenzie's Pleasure (Mackenzie Family #3)

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  4,534 Ratings  ·  158 Reviews
A New York Times Bestselling AuthorNo mission had ever gotten the better of Navy SEAL Zane Mackenzie - until now. Barrie Lovejoy needed a savior, before the terrorist group holding her hostage lost patience and silenced her - forever. Rescuing Barrie would be the most important mission of his life . . . for he would sooner die than let the enemy harm the mother of his chil ...more
Hardcover, Large Print, 360 pages
Published December 31st 2006 by Wheeler Publishing (first published 1996)

Val ⚓️ ShamelessBitchySKANKY ⚓️ Steamy Reads
Was watching a Spec Ops style show on TV and felt like re-reading this old favorite and visiting my Navy Seal Zane for the millionth time...

6/12/15 just as good every time. Love this oldie!
Duchess Nicole
I love this book! Usually, the older books of my favorite authors seem to lack refinement, and in the romantic suspense genre, also lack believability. But Linda Howard is almost always spot on. This is a fabulous book, and its only better that it's smack dab in the middle of the Mackenzie series. I loved Barrie...she's sweet and innocent, but steps up when she has to. And Zane...Oh, Zane! The true alpha!!!! Forever will he be one of my favorite heroes! Rescue the girl, divest her of her innocen ...more
Karla
Sep 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love Zane MacKenzie!! The book was exciting, sensual and I enjoyed it from the first page to the last!
Robin
Daughter of the American Ambassador to Greece, Barrie Lovejoy has been kidnapped from the Ambassador's residence. The terrorists have quickly moved her to an abandoned building in Libya. As luck would have it, there is a U.S. Navy SEAL team training within hours of the site. Led by Navy SEAL Zane MacKenzie, the mission is to rescue Ms. Lovejoy and get out of Benghazi without anyone noticing. Zane finds Barrie beaten and tied to a bed in an empty room. He moves her to another part of the building ...more
Kay
Feb 20, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: print
4 1/2 Stars! ~ Navy SEAL Lt.Commander Zane MacKenzie, Wolf and Mary’s youngest son, was in the midst of a training exercise on the USS Montgomery; an exercise that resulted in two of his men injured and taken off active duty. So when his team is called in on an emergency mission, Zane himself must take the lead in rescuing the US Ambassador’s kidnapped daughter. He finds Barrie Lovejoy battered, bound and naked in a cold, dark room in a Libyan complex. It’s his job to get her out of the building ...more
♥~♥Geri Reads ♥~♥
Time for my LH fix...
Dee
Lauren
Mackenzie's Mission
4 Stars

Navy SEAL Zane Mackenzie is accustomed to dangerous missions, but his current assignment, rescuing Barrie Lovejoy, the daughter of a United States Ambassador, is turning out to be far more critical and personal because Barrie has come to mean everything to him. Zane can only hope that the feeling is mutual…

Linda Howard’s books, in general, and the adventures of the Mackenzie family, have been a highlight of my 2015 reading year. Although Barrie and Zane’s story isn’t ex
Jae
So, obvs, Linda Howard just telling readers that the couple is in love is pretty much just how she rolls. Generally, the lady decides she is in looove with the dude, even though she knows jack-all about him and the dude decides that the lady is "his" but he "doesn't know what love is" but clearly something is up (that's how to tell it's true love btw, because the dude has a perpetual boner). She does this in a lot of what books of hers I've read, but the Mackenzie series in particular relies ver ...more
Jane Stewart
Nice story. I liked it.

Story brief: Ambassador's daughter Barrie is kidnapped. Navy SEAL Zane rescues her. She falls in love with him. She continues to be in danger.

AUDIOBOOK NARRATOR:
Dennis Boutsikaris was ok.

DATA:
Narrative mode: 3rd person. Story length: 239 pages. Swearing language: none that I recall. Sexual language: moderate. Number of sex scenes: seven or more. Setting: current day Libya and a few places in USA. Copyright: 1996. Genre: contemporary romantic suspense.
Lyndi
Mar 22, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think I want to have Linda Howard's babies. I'd find a way to make it happen, believe me. I've read 3 of her books recently and I either got totally lucky, or Linda Howard makes a habit of writing strong female lead characters.

I was so happy to read about a female lead with guts, common sense, and realistic emotional responses. Barrie was delightfully strong and courageous in the face of serious danger. No squealing, no running headlong into danger, no freaking out and losing her cool. *sigh*
Christa
Jan 25, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Linda Howard is one of my favorite authors of full length novels, and I enjoyed this much shorter book by her. I enjoyed the story, and the characters were likeable. I have not read Howard's other books about the Mackenzie family, but I did not feel like my enjoyment was diminished because of this.

Barrie Lovejoy, daughter of a U.S. ambassador is kidnapped and spirited away by terrorists. The team of Navy SEAL Zane Mackenzie is sent in to rescue Barrie. When complications arise during the rescue
Serban Georgiana
Nov 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult
Inca de la primele pagini ale acestei carti,am stiut cu certitudine ca o voi adora.
Ce frumos din partea autoarei sa ne arate cam ca s-a ales de familia MacKenzie. In ciuda faptului ca in primul volum Wolf este proscrisul comunitatii,el reuseste sa creasca cei cinci copii intr-un mod admirabil.Toti sunt realizati ,un adevarat exemplu pentru cei din jurul lor.
Ador aceasta familie !
In aceasta carte aflam povestea lui Zane si a Barrietei.
Cariera lui militara este infloritoare.Locotenent-comandant in
Sofs
Loved this one! So glad I'm getting to meet all the Mackenzies, Zane is wonderful <3
Can't wait to see Chance's story
fleurette
I'm quite surprise with this book. I didn't like the first two stories so my expectations weren't big. It is still not my favourite book from Linda Howard but I have enjoyed it enough not to roll my eyes over and over.

This is the love almost at the first sight story, like other books in this series. The plot is really not complicated and the characters, even though likeable, are not really developed. The story starts with detailed description of the life of the other children of Mary and Wolf, w
Diana
Audiobook

Narrated by Dennis Boutsikaris

In this third installment of Linda Howard’s Mackenzie family series youngest son Zane is tasked with taking his SEAL team into hostile Libya for a stealth rescue of a kidnapped Ambassador’s daughter. While the book was originally published in 1996 as a category romance with a suspense plot, Howard deftly demonstrates how to create a beloved classic that stands the test of time, as relevant and believable today as it was way back when.

Zane is a dream man.
Amanda Sheila
I loved it!

Even though it's not as good as Joe's story, personally, I still enjoyed Zane's story! I was kind of wondering why Linda Howard didn't continue with Michael or Josh's story, you know. They're Mackenzies too, right?

Still I liked it. The amount of action, romance and hot scenes, are perfect. Look forward to read the next installment of the series!!
Jenny
Jun 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: made-me-swoon, steamy
Love Zane MacKenzie!! The book was so sexy and romantic! I am so glad LH wrote stories about the whole family!
Alp
Feb 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Linda Howard. This is an enjoyable book.
Or_O
Jul 31, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
เซน เปนลูกชายคนทีสีของวูลฟและแมรี เขาทำงานในหนวยทีขึนชือเรืองความโหดและอำมหิตอยางหนวยซีล เปนผูกลาเดนตายทีไมหวันเกรงสิงใด จนกระทังไดพบแบรรี

พระเอกไดรับภารกิจใหไปชวยลูกสาวนักการทูตทีถูกจับตัวไป ซึงกคือนางเอก

ภารกิจนีทำใหทังสองไดใชเวลาอยูรวมเปนตายดวยกัน สำหรับนางเอกซึงอยูในจุดทีขืนขมทีสุด พระเอกเหมือนคนทียืนมือมาชวยเหลือ และใหความปลอดภัยแกเธอ ทำใหเธอมันใจ และเชือใจ ตอตัวเอง และตอโลกไดตอไป

ดรามาคอนขางหนักเมือมองจากมุมทีนางเอกเจอนะ คือนึกภาพตามแลว ตอใหแลกกับการเจอพระเอก แตตองไปเจอสถานการณอยางนัน เรากยั
Anita
Feb 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The prologue and the epilogue are reason enough to give this book 5 stars. The rest is just icing on the cake and a sweet treat it is too. I am an unabashed Mackenzie family fan. If we all had parents like Wolf and Mary, there would be no lazy butts on welfare and no one would be in prison. Alas, this is fiction and six perfect children don't really happen that often.

This is the story of Zane Mackenzie (Linda Howard skipped a few kids). Zane is a Navy SEAL who has been bored silly since being p
Sharon
Jan 22, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica-romance
This one was one of my more favorite of the series. I loved Zane and the situation was packed full of intrigue and action. I will say it's rather funny how in each book the men manage to find virgins, even though it is written in modern times and these are fairly every day women. That just strikes me as funny, but it doesn't detract from the story.

The disturbing thing I have realized in this series is that many of the Mackenzie men have stories (because they are married with children in later s
Plam
I absolutely loved this one. It’s the best in the series. Awesome story with likeable heroine and hero that knocked me out. I can’t imagine there is a straight woman which heart won’t be melting at the thought of Zane.
In additon, this book started me on romantic suspense genre, more precisely on stories involving military and law enforcement heroes/heroines. I just can’t get enough of them now. I’m totally addicted.
Karina Garcia
Jun 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
El tercer libro de la serie y cada uno me gusta un poquito más que el anterior aunque siento que todos deben llevar la misma valoración ya que los tres me hicieron sentir distinta con su lectura. El suspense romantico es uno de mis generos favoritos y Linda Howard escribe a la perfección dentro de él...y las historias de familias sumadas al suspense romantico son mi absoluta perdición.
Cindy
Feb 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: keepers
Re-reading...
Good read - as are all of the books in this series. It stands up well to the changing times.

Mackenzie Family Saga
1. Mackenzie's Mountain (1989)
2. Mackenzie's Mission (1992)
3. Mackenzie's Pleasure (1996)
4. Mackenzie's Magic (1996)
5. A Game of Chance (2000)
Becky ♡The Bookworm♡
A great installment to the series! I think this is my favorite so far! The MacKenzie family is certainly growing! I'll be moving to the next book soon.
Kathleen
Hot, hot, hot!! Navy SEAL rescues ambassador's daughter. Loved it. Loved HIM. ;-)
Brenda (b)
Zane is the perfect hero.

I loved the prologue and epilogue.
Deiras
Dec 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3,75 stars
  • Get Lucky (Tall, Dark & Dangerous, #9)
  • Naked Edge (I-Team, #4)
  • A Touch of Minx (Samantha Jellicoe, #5)
  • Woman On The Run
  • How to be a Scottish Mistress
  • His Comfort and Joy (The Moorehouse Legacy, #2)  (Callie/Grace/Walker Brothers/Moorehouse series, #5)
  • Shadows at Midnight
  • The Rookie (The Taylor Clan, #4)
  • Kiss and Tell (T-FLAC, #2)
  • Outlaw (MacKenzie-Blackthorn #3, Man of the Month #26)
  • The Purchased Wife

Linda S. Howington is an American best-selling romance author writing under the pseudonym Linda Howard. After 21 years of penning stories for her own enjoyment, she submitted a novel for publication which was very successful. Her first work was published by Silhouette in 1982. She is a charter member of Romance
More about Linda Howard...

Mackenzie Family (5 books)
  • Mackenzie's Mountain (Mackenzie Family, #1)
  • Mackenzie's Mission (Mackenzie Family, #2)
  • Christmas Kisses (Mackenzie Family, #3.5 & Those Manning Men, #5)
  • A Game of Chance (Mackenzie Family, #4)