Start by marking “To Face The Fire (The 5 Boroughs #1)” as Want to Read:
To Face The Fire (The 5 Boroughs #1)

To Face The Fire

(The 5 Boroughs #1)

Donna Giannino knows what it’s like to “walk through the fire”. She’s a survivor. She has the scars to prove it. And although her physical scars have mended, it’s the wounds to her soul that won’t heal. Once full of life, she’s isolated herself from the world outside of the thick walls she’s created for herself.

Unable to overcome her past, especially the night that left
Published April 13th 2016 by Lisa Stout / Mandorle D'avena Publishing

To ask other readers questions about To Face The Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To Face The Fire

Start your review of To Face The Fire (The 5 Boroughs #1)
Robin
Apr 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Bridget Jones meets 50 First Dates

I loved this book. It grabs you from the beginning until you're so totally immersed in the Donna's life that you HAVE TO stay up way too late reading. Yes the protagonist's life is a bit of a train wreck. Her best friend may or may not be dying from cancer. And there's a homeless guy and a surfer(type)-dude. And yeah, a big Italian-American family, too. It's everything you want it to be, and only a few things you don't. As book one in a series, I can't wait to
Raina
Mar 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was in INCREDIBLE book!! It made me laugh out loud, it made me cry and I even ended up HUGGING the book at one point! It was a wonderful journey, eloquently written and I can hardly wait for the additional four books in this series. I hope to see a few of the characters pop up again. I grew so attached to them it will be hard to say goodbye to them.
Matt
Amanda
Jun 11, 2016
Sheri
Jul 02, 2018
Nicola Noble was born in Westchester County, NY in 1976. She currently lives in NC in the Triad with her better half, two of the kids, the dog, and the cat.

In addition to being a self published author, she's a wife, mom, grandma, avid reader, seamstress, crocheter and knitter, lover of languages, painter, and occasional baker. She graduated MWHS in 1994 and Ramapo College of NJ in 2001 where she

The 5 Boroughs (3 books)
  • Just Like Lightning (The 5 Boroughs Series, #2)
  • Whisper on the Wind (The 5 Boroughs, #3)
“I’m not the Princess, I’m the Dragon. I will roast you and eat you whole” 5 likes
“She’ll be more than fine, she’ll be fierce.” 4 likes