Start by marking “Staying For Good (Most Likely To, #2)” as Want to Read:
Staying For Good (Most Likely To, #2)

Staying For Good

(Most Likely To #2)

Zoe Brown may have been voted Most Likely to Never Leave River Bend, but the paper-thin walls and suffocating air of her family’s double-wide trailer were not what she wanted for her life. Other than BFFs Melanie and Jo, the only thing that kept Zoe sane during high school was her boyfriend, Luke.

She didn’t just leave, she escaped—turning her back on the shame
Published January 24th 2017 by Montlake Romance

To ask other readers questions about Staying For Good, please sign up.
Alexandra I highly recommend reading all three books if this trilogy in order. All of the characters interact between books. You will probably not be lost if…moreI highly recommend reading all three books if this trilogy in order. All of the characters interact between books. You will probably not be lost if only reading this one... but why not read them all!(less)

Mindy Lou's Book Review
Jan 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, own-paperback
4.5 Gripping Stars!

Catherine Bybee is a new author to me. I read one of her books a couple months ago and was completely surprised and frankly, just blown away by how much I loved the book. When I got the opportunity to read another one from her, I had to read it.

I say I was surprised because what I have learned is that she starts her stories out a bit slow. I go in thinking it's going to be one of those low key books that are good, but nothing too exciting. It's like a false since
Stacie
Jan 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 1/2 "Second Chance" Stars!

I really enjoyed reading Zoe's and Luke's story. This is a second chance romance without the usual extra dramatic reason for there being a second chance in the first place. Basically, they were HS sweethearts that really cared for each other very much. Problem was Zoe had a crappy family life and she was determined to not have the same life as an adult. So she left town to make something of herself. Luke was of course heartbroken by her leaving. Ten years
Constantine
Oct 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Rating: 3.0/5.0

I don't know if I made a mistake by jumping into this book without reading the first one or not. But I would say the story was decent. Nothing major here. It felt predictable to me most of the time. Basically I was guessing what would happen next and that thing would happen. The protagonists were characters that anyone could relate to them easily. Some of the problems could be common too and many families suffer from.

Basically the story is more related to the second c
Kathryn
Catherine Bybee with Staying for Good, continues the story of three friends. In this #2 in the series the focus is on Zoe Brown, once voted by her school mates as the one most likely to never leave River Bend. Well.... Zoe proved them wrong, she certainly left this little place in Oregon and went out into the big world and became a successful chef. Is she likely to ever return to River Bend and stay for good?

Well her best friend Mel is about to have a big event take place in her life
Jacob Proffitt
Sep 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook, romance, steamy
This is second in a series and you'd probably do better if you read the first before this one. There's enough explanation you probably won't be lost, or anything, but the background details add enough to the story that I think it'd work better to have them.

This was a serviceable romance. I mean, I loved Zoe and Luke. They made a great couple. And their relationship made sense, both past and present. Which is quite an accomplishment, now I think on it. Bybee managed to illustrate why they've
TJ
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
LOVED this book! It is a wonderful, yummy contemporary romance that succeeds in dealing with really hard situations and subject matter without becoming dark and depressing. It is deftly handled and beautifully written!
Kate's Corner
What was your most likely to when you were in school?

Zoe Brown’s was most likely to never leave River Bend. But after a bottle of tequila and a nightmare as a teenager she gets out of River Bend. Leaving everything behind. The good, the bad and the ugly.

Eleven years later.

Zoe, Mel and Jo are still as thick as thieves. They have always stuck together and after Mel’s ordeal it is no different. These are the two Zoe shared a bottle of tequila with after graduation.

Zoe Brown chef extraordinaire has cooked her way up to th
Jan 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
***ARC Provided by the Author and NetGalley***

Catherine Bybee is a go-to author for me when I am in the mood to read a story that pulls at my heart and makes me love the characters.

This was no different. From the second you meet Zoe, you are engaged in the story. She is interesting, you understand where she is coming from, and you are on her side.

And then you meet Luke. And, you like him and wonder why in the world she ever let him. And then you get to know th
Tami
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, bybee-c
This review is based on the ARC received from the author and/or the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest opinion.

4.5

I fell in love with this author when I stumbled onto the first book of this series. Woman didn't let me down either. I was pretty frustrated with our heroine early on, but she reformed LOL. You don't get the hot sweaty sex scenes in Ms. Bybee's books, but she makes the romance pretty damned tender.
Chris Conley
May 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
This series is very strong. The characters each have faced challenges and worked to overcome them. Their struggles feel real. I like best that they look at themselves as young women and don’t let that stop them from growing. Zoe is a very appealing heroine.
~ Cariad ~
Apr 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.

Great series, really enjoying it.
Vikki Vaught
Catherine Bybee has become one of my favorite contemporary authors. When I received an invitation to read Staying for Good, I eagerly accepted. I love that Ms. Bybee writes about REAL people with flawed lives, such a change from many contemporary authors. I received an ARC from the published via Net-Galley.

The pacing of Ms. Bybee’s books is always great and Staying for Good is as well. The characters are engaging and the plot is believable. I normally enjoy second chance romances and
Sandy Bartles
Jan 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the "Most Likely To" series and it is out of this world! We get to learn more about Zoe, her family life and the love she has always felt for Luke. Jo and Mel are back, along with Mel's fiancé, Wyatt, her daughter, Hope, and their friend, Miss Gina. There is plenty of laughter, tears and some fright involved. If you read the first book in the series, you remember that Zoe is a chef, working on TV and in a restaurant in Texas. She left her hometown of River Bend, Oregon ...more
Bette Hansen
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As always from this author this is an amazing story with characters that will touch your heart from the very first page. This second installment in the Most Likely To series takes us back to River Bend where we meet Zoe Brown. Voted most likely never to leave in high school, Zoe was determined to prove everyone wrong. She did leave and did very well for herself - Thank you very much. She's back now though and facing everyone again is hard. Especially facing Luke. The one good thing that had been ...more
Marleen
Jun 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Staying For Good is the second book in the Most Likely To series, and very possibly the best of the three books. Zoe Brown, the chef; and Luke Miller, the auto-repair mechanic of River Bend, small town Oregon, are truly sympathetic characters. I enjoy the fact that this is not your typical tug-and-pull type of romance, but more about 2 people, in love, who are sure about their feelings, and once they’ve decided to be together; they were committed. I liked that very much. I hate when they whine a ...more
Jules
Dec 18, 2018 rated it liked it
I didn't love this as much as the first book in the series, but it was still an enjoyable story.

I borrowed this in audiobook format through Amazon Kindle Unlimited.
D.B. Reynolds
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I always enjoy Catherine Bybee's stories, but this one I loved. There's plenty of romance and suspense, with characters you're rooting for from the first word. I can't think of anything Bybee could have done to make it better.
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)
*This book does contain scenes of domestic violence. *

Staying for Good is the standalone second book in Catherine Bybee’s Most Likely To Series. This is a second chance love story focusing on Zoe Brown and Luke Miller. Zoe and Luke were high school sweethearts who came from opposites worlds. Luke has always been the pride and joy of his parents. His father owns the automotive repair shop in Red River and his mother takes care of the family. Zoe’s father was abusive and went to prison
Heather
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
**Advanced copy provided by the publisher and NetGalley in exchange for an honest review**

You always know when you see Catherine Bybee's name on a book that you are in for a treat. In this second installment of the "Most Likely To" series, we have the chance to revisit River Bend and the wonderful cast of characters who live there and what a great ride it is.

For Zoe Brown, being voted Most Likely to Never Leave River Bend only makes her want to leave her hometown that muc
Pj Ausdenmore
In Staying for Good, the second book in her Most Likely To series, Catherine Bybee continues the stories of the three childhood friends, Zoe, Jo, and Melanie that began in Doing It Over. By the end of the first book, I was not only intrigued by all three women, I was fully invested in their lives and their journeys to happiness and love. For Zoe, the journey takes her back to her hometown and her first love but also to her dysfunctional family and abusive father. When they were young, Zoe's only ...more
MsChris1161
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, ebook, reviewed, netgalley
STAYING FOR GOOD, the second book in Catherine Bybee's Most Likely To Series was every bit as good as the first book in the series. Zoe and Luke get their second chance to find out if the love they shared as teens in high school can last in the adult world.

I loved Zoe! Her sassiness, her big heart, her ambition, and her drive to be anything but "the girl most likely to never leave River Bend" were admirable. She loves her family, her friends Mel and Jo, and she still loves her high s
Brandy Jones
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5

This review is based on the ARC received from the author exchange for an honest opinion.

I have loved everything I've read from Catherine Bybee. She never disappoints. That said Staying for Good, the second installment in The Mostly Likely Series, took me several tries to get into it and connect with Zoe. About halfway through, something finally clicked and I couldn't put it down.

The story of Zoe and Luke isn't just a great second chance love story just a st
Jo
Jan 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
It's good. Not because the lines, I do think some r boring. It's good because the theme behind the story. Telling you that u can't choose where you born, u need to find a way to deal with it, running maynot the best but it's a temporary.

Zoe, Zane, they did.

Family, parents are the core. That's we want parent Mr. & Mrs. M but we finally get Ziggy or parents of Mel. It's not easy to have a family like that, but siblings, father n mother are.... someone u can't say no. Jo
Erin Lewis
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Star Review Staying For Good (Most Likely To #2) by Catherine Bybee

This is book 2 in what has come to be one of my favourite series. I had the pleasure of meeting the author, Catherine Bybee in Sydney last year and I was absolutely thrilled.
This is Luke and Zoe's story and is a second chance at love which is fast becoming one of my favourite types of book to read.

This series is like coming home to a family. We were able to catch up with Zoe's best friend Mel, he
Marlene
Feb 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Originally published at Reading Reality

In a lot of ways, Staying for Good has more in common with yesterday’s book, The Cottage at Firefly Lake, than it does with the first book in its own series, Doing It Over.

These are all small-town romances that have at their heart a sisterly relationship. And it doesn’t matter a bit that the women in Cottage are sisters-by-blood while the women in the Most Likely To series are sisters-of-the-heart. The relationships are equally deep and equally lasting.
Isha Coleman
Jan 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Estranged from her family and looked down on by her hometown, Zoe sets out to prove she's more than her screwed up family. She left an outcast and returned a changed woman. The problem with returning home is that the past still hovers in her review mirror. The people she hurt, the town that judged her and the family she left behind all await her. Memories whether painful or happy are hard to outrun. For Zoe mending fences means facing her past. Luke is her biggest regret. Her safe haven, has bec
Megan
I am super happy with that ending. I cannot wait for the next book. I'm not as keen on Jo as the others but then again I was always less keen on the characters when they weren't in focused. So I liked Mel when it was just about her and didn't feel love her during this story & the same goes for Zoe.
Peggy Jaeger
Jan 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was given a chance to read and review this book from NETGALLEY.
Book two in Catherine Bybee's Most Likey to Succeed Series, STAYING FOR GOOD tells the story of teenage sweethearts-turned-grownups Zoe and Luke.
After High school graduation, Zoe left the tiny, suffocating town of RIverBend, Luke, and her family behind. With a father in prison for armed robbery and her memories of being raised in a trailer by a broken mother, Zoe knew she had to leave the sleepy town if she was ever goi
Jen | Jen Talks Audiobooks
Not as good as the first book, but still enjoyable. Cristina Panfilio is great on the audio.
Lisa
Apr 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Why do people think it's ok to end books like that??? Especially when book 3 isn't published yet... rude. This was a great installment in the series and I can't wait to read about Jo!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Tease Me, Baby (O'Connor Family #2)
  • Texas Rebel (Whiskey River, #4)
  • Just Come Over (Escape to New Zealand #12)
  • His Christmas Gift
  • Three Nights before Christmas (Wild Montana Nights, #3)
  • Trouble When You Walked In
  • Saddles and Sin (Lonesome Point, Texas, #2)
  • Getting to the Church On Time (Sapphire Falls, #6.75)
  • Start Me Up (Hearts and Crafts, #1)
  • In His Kiss (Blemished Brides, #4)
  • The Last in Love (Ardent Springs, #5)
  • Breaking His Rules (Feeling the Heat, #4)
  • Need You for Always (Heroes of St. Helena, #2)
  • Dirty Dancing at Devil's Leap (Hellcat Canyon, #3)
  • Falling Hard (Colorado High Country, #3)
  • Maybe This Time (Whiskey and Weddings, #2)
  • It Had to Be Them (It Had to Be #4)
New York Times Bestselling Author

RONE award Winner 2013
Not Quite Enough

Winner of the More Than Magic Award for Paranormal romance 2011 ...more

Most Likely To (3 books)
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
  • Making It Right (Most Likely To #3)
“Friends call to say hi. Family call when they need something.” 2 likes
“Even when life tossed you curveballs, you had the choice to push away from the base to hit the ball or let it fly by without trying. “Do” 0 likes