Start by marking “Memoirs of a Mongol without a Pony” as Want to Read:
Memoirs of a Mongol without a Pony

Memoirs of a Mongol without a Pony

Leave your heartstrings and sympathies at the door, for this is no woe-is-me or triumph-over-adversity soap opera. Enter a world you have never heard of, experienced or seen. Shane Stern has Down syndrome and a wicked sense of humor. An irreverent, profane, hilarious, and unfiltered worldview, as seen through the “savvy, if somewhat skewed eyes” of one truly unique wise ma ...more
Published March 9th 2016 by Banal Press

To ask other readers questions about Memoirs of a Mongol without a Pony, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Memoirs of a Mongol without a Pony

Deborah Stern
Apr 25, 2016 Deborah Stern rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Full disclosure: I am the mom of Shane and spouse of the author - so am I biased? You bet I am . Who cares? Just so you know. I thought this was one of the funniest books I ever read, because Shane took me along for the ride that was/is his life and I got to live it. More than that, I got to watch both my son and husband spend countless hours arguing over stories from the past during the writing of the book, with each of them having slightly different (and sometimes grossly different) memories o ...more
Rebecca McNutt
This is one of the most moving and funny memoirs I've ever read. R.G. Stern has a real talent for capturing all the things that have made his life great, the things that few people can put into words but that we've all experienced at some point. Memoirs of a Mongol Without A Pony will give readers a lot of insight and a new perspective on the world around them, and it's a book everyone should read.
Jose Perez-Sanz
Apr 15, 2016 Jose Perez-Sanz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful book!
This book very hilariously illustrates the excitement and joy of a life well lived without regard for anything other than doing what seems right and what is true and what is fun. Shane Stern is the true wise man who worries not about achievement or about what others think of him, but rather about living in the moment and appreciating every person for who he or she is. He sees through the curtains and walls most humans build around themselves and seems to see through these barriers
Lori Jones
Apr 17, 2016 Lori Jones rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful memoir. Sort of a love story between a father and son, although in this telling, the son appears to be the wiser and saner of the two, teaching his father how to enjoy and live a full life. Funny, sharp-witted and sarcastic, Shane Stern can teach us all a thing or two about accomplishments, goals and curiosity. The format and telling of the memoir is unique and clever. Hearing Shane's voice through his father's writing is a joy. I highly recommend this book.
Michelle
Apr 18, 2016 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book - Shane and his family have a great sense of humor! Shane has a great attitude towards life - and doesn't let anything get him down - he is great at "going with the flow" - and makes friends everywhere he goes. I enjoyed reading about Shane's escapades, and his chance encounters with some very famous people! Great read - I recommend it highly!
Julia
Apr 18, 2016 Julia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book. I could really picture it as a movie while I read it. Shane touches so many people and truly gets the most out of life. I loved sitting down to read this, especially whenever I could use something uplifting! Definitely recommend!
Grady
Aug 04, 2016 Grady rated it it was amazing
‘You have to expose yourself fully in a memoir or so I am told.’

R.G. Stern writes about unique individuals – his original debut was ORB (a lad with nubbins for hands and feet, Paul, aka The Orb) and now Shane, a Down’s Syndrome lad whose autobiography this is – as told trough the enormous talent of father R.G. Stern.

The Introduction, related by Shane, is so fine it bears quoting – ‘My name is Shane. I was named after a cowboy movie that is very famous starring Alan Ladd. I don’t think anyone und
Monica
Apr 15, 2016 Monica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's a Must read!!! A wonderful look at the Unique life of Shane a young man with Down syndrome. Shane tells us his story in mostly his own as his father writes the book we get a look at a life well lived and a funny look the relationship between this father and son.
Donna
Sep 08, 2016 Donna rated it it was amazing
This is a book written by someone with Downs Syndrome with the help of his father which I thoroughly enjoyed. I found it funny, sweet and uplifting. Both Shane and his parents seem like such special people. I was so lucky to win a copy through Goodreads and would highly recommend it to anyone. Thank you Shane and father for such a truly wonderful and touching book. You are stars.
Rachel Knaak
Rachel Knaak rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2016
Sarah Larscheid
Sarah Larscheid rated it liked it
Aug 26, 2016
Pedro De
Pedro De rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2017
Linda Chappell
Linda Chappell rated it really liked it
Aug 17, 2016
Erika
Erika rated it it was amazing
Dec 04, 2016
Irais Duran
Irais Duran rated it liked it
Jun 05, 2016
Phyllis
Phyllis rated it it was amazing
Jul 31, 2016
Ann Taylor custance
Ann Taylor custance rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2016
Alice Macnamara
Alice Macnamara rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2016
Sarah Ps
Sarah Ps rated it it was amazing
Dec 17, 2016
Sandy Forbes
Sandy Forbes marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2016
Rilla Hughes
Rilla Hughes marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2016
Frederick Rotzien
Frederick Rotzien marked it as to-read
Julia Conway
Julia Conway marked it as to-read
Betty
Betty marked it as to-read
Margo
Margo marked it as to-read
Ms. Reader
Ms. Reader marked it as to-read
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Bacsa
Bacsa marked it as to-read
Claire
Claire marked it as to-read
SALLY WHITE
SALLY WHITE marked it as to-read
Elaine Dale
Elaine Dale marked it as to-read
Jackie Morris
Jackie Morris marked it as to-read
Nicola Fantom
Nicola Fantom marked it as to-read
Cheryl Bradley
Cheryl Bradley marked it as to-read
Carol McFarlane
Carol McFarlane marked it as to-read
Stella Clarkson
Stella Clarkson marked it as to-read
Dianne
Dianne marked it as to-read
Becky Jones
Becky Jones marked it as to-read
Stacia Chappell
Stacia Chappell marked it as to-read
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
Pamela Giese
Pamela Giese marked it as to-read
Deborah Shaw
Deborah Shaw marked it as to-read
Paula
Paula marked it as to-read
Marilyn Stanley
Marilyn Stanley marked it as to-read
Zach
Zach marked it as to-read
May 15, 2016
Dawn Obrien
Dawn Obrien marked it as to-read
Ron Frampton
Ron Frampton marked it as to-read
Roxanne
Roxanne marked it as to-read
Leslie Frazier-richmond
Leslie Frazier-richmond marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2016
  • Gladio: NATO's Dagger at the Heart of Europe: The Pentagon-Nazi-Mafia Terror Axis
  • Of Rats and Men: The Last Man's War
  • First Voices: 10th Anniversary Compilation
  • white bird
  • Eyes from Above: The Sequel to a Real Love Story
  • Sweet Success: Knowledge and Quick-Skills in Thirty Minutes
  • Shooting Butterflies
  • The Label Maker
  • Tree House Tales: A Collection of Short Stories, Non-Fiction Shorts, Artwork, and Extracts From Five Narenta Tumults Novels
  • Flights of Fancy
  • The Golden Apple
  • The Dragon Riders of Pearl
  • The Heart of Hannen (Atriian Trilogy, #1)
  • Vanquish of the Dragon Shroud: Murder, Intrigue, and the Hidden Wealth of the Red Nobility
  • The Goblin Squad